Flynn, Arnason

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

I know I'll get pelters for my choice of paper (I didn't buy it) but two Hearts mentions of interest in it.

The first was the story that Arnason won't be signing, although it said this is because JJ thinks he has enough cover in defence and defensive midfield. So maybe we won't see another CB arrive after all?

The other said that JJ "admitted" after the friendly the other day that he's got a long-standing interest in Ryan Flynn, but not immediately because he's got enough cover in his position. So maybe he's waiting until Flynn's out of contract next season or whenever?

Just passing on the news, such as it is.

vegas-voss

Why bother even having Arnason on trial if he believes he has enough cover for both positions.

Why bother even having Arnason on trial if he believes he has enough cover for both positions.

The actual quote was along the lines of: 'won't be following up interest in arnason as he does not bring anything different than what is already available'. It was nothing to do with position as such.

The actual quote was along the lines of: 'won't be following up interest in arnason as he does not bring anything different than what is already available'. It was nothing to do with position as such.

So basically he doesn't think he's better than Mrowiec. Fair enough. Hope he finds someone who is though!

Could be that he's strongly fancying Denis or Gowser for midfield and has higher hopes for Barr and McGowan, again, for CH.

rossthejambo

Maybe he thinks the likes of Balatoni will provide adequate cover without the need to sign anyone new. Could be miles off mind.

Good news about Flynn though IMO.

I know I'll get pelters for my choice of paper (I didn't buy it) but two Hearts mentions of interest in it.

The first was the story that Arnason won't be signing, although it said this is because JJ thinks he has enough cover in defence and defensive midfield. So maybe we won't see another CB arrive after all?

The other said that JJ "admitted" after the friendly the other day that he's got a long-standing interest in Ryan Flynn, but not immediately because he's got enough cover in his position. So maybe he's waiting until Flynn's out of contract next season or whenever?

the article was in the Sunday post

Sounds like we'd move for Flynn if anyone came in for Templeton.

Never seen the lad play but been said on here he's a central midfielder/off the front type player. Maybe if Rudi doesn't sign....??

tartofmidlothian

Didn't have the paper in front of me when I posted, sorry if I misquoted. Came away with the impression he might just go with what we've got, that was all.

says in the record he passed the chance up it means something like too good to turn down but i dont know

pinehurst jambo

We need to blood the young guys that had a great season with the U19s. Balatoni is a good prospect that needs the experience to reach the next level.

Only a Game

We need to blood the young guys that had a great season with the U19s. Balatoni is a good prospect that needs the experience to reach the next level.

Mark my words, and remind me of them if I'm wrong.

THERE WILL BE NO SYSTEMATIC POLICY OF BLOODING YOUNGSTERS OR PROMOTION OF YOUNGSTERS TO FIRST TEAM REGULAR STARTER LEVEL UNDER THE CURRENT MANAGER.

One or possibly two might get the chance to cover for injuries etc but he wont be looking to have the likes of Balatoni, and a handful of others, as regular starters.

The fact that he is signing SPL journeymen as cover (Sutton apart) surely confirms what I saying for everyone.

If one gets a chance, takes it in both hands and cant possibly be left out, it'll be the exception rather than the rule.

Archived