Cardiff meet Goodwillie asking price (NHC)

tartofmidlothian

Special Agent Dale Cooper

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3673129/Rangers-waving-him-Good-bye.html

Apologies for the new thread on this subject, but every time Rangers get dingied is worth fresh celebration IMO.

Love it how the article spins the story to say poor Rangers as opposed to well done to Dundee Utd and Steven Thompson for holding out for a fee which I suspect may smash their transfer record!

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Oh ma sides ,they cannae compete wi the championship now

The Sun's headline was from the old Marc Almond number "Say Hullo, Hullo, wave goodbye".

Love it how the article spins the story to say poor Rangers as opposed to well done to Dundee Utd and Steven Thompson for holding out for a fee which I suspect may smash their transfer record!

Can't see them getting more than they did for Ferguson

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Can't see them getting more than they did for Ferguson

You're probably right, I was racking my brains and couldn't think of one. Regardless it's a good piece of business for a midtable Scottish club in a difficult financial climate.

Good luck to him, I think its the best move for him.

Top end championship and have been knocking on the door of the prem for last 3/4 years!

The Comedian

I like the lad Thomson at United. He stuck to his guns with the fee and he's a thorn in the side of the old filth.

This transfer has really shown up Whyte and methinks McCoist and support are now very worried. Their penny pinching and desperation applied through allies in the media like Hateley has backfired.

They'll claim they are prudent but 2m for Goodwillie is a fair and smart price. They blatantly cannot afford him. If they continue like this we should be gunning for them next season.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3673129/Rangers-waving-him-Good-bye.html

Apologies for the new thread on this subject, but every time Rangers get dingied is worth fresh celebration IMO.

All I can say is well done to Stephen Thompson if this deal goes through, hopefully Vlad will take a leaf out of his book and do likewise with Wallace assuming they ever come back with an improved offer.

IMA MAROON

They picked up 4 million for Big Duncan Ferguson from Rangers.

I like the lad Thomson at United. He stuck to his guns with the fee and he's a thorn in the side of the old filth.

This transfer has really shown up Whyte and methinks McCoist and support are now very worried. Their penny pinching and desperation applied through allies in the media like Hateley has backfired.

They'll claim they are prudent but 2m for Goodwillie is a fair and smart price. They blatantly cannot afford him. If they continue like this we should be gunning for them next season.

I would say it is a fair price when you consider what Sunderland have just paid for an 18 year old guy who has had one decent season in the Championship.

Napoleon  Wilson

Yes, its interesting to see if they actually could afford 2million upfront for a player, or just continue putting spin that they feel that valuation is overpriced. Did Whyte not mortgage 3 years worth of future season ticket sales recently?

Jambo Hud316

If we are to lose Wallace to Rangers I think Goodwillie going to Cardiff is good for us

With Rangers missing out on 4 of their targets already surely they will increase their bid for Wallace

Absolutely true and :yas:

Superb bit of business by united. In the past they like others have seen their prize assets sold to the old firm for substantially less than what they should have been... Wilson, Thomson etc.

I'm only guessing that Cardiff have a clause to do with the outcome of goodwillies impending court cases??

Tin hat on but I quite like Michael Johnston from Killie. While I think he has a hard job at kilie he does seem to stand up to the Old Firm and us. He Kept hold of Bryson and got, i think, double we offered.

He is also pushing for a fairer distribution of prize money in the SPL.

winston churchill

With Rangers missing out on 4 of their targets already surely they will increase their bid for Wallace

Or wait six months and get him for nowt

Say What Again

Couldn't agree more.

Great post.

EDIT: Almost forgot :yas:

Oh ma sides ,they cannae compete wi the championship now

I think this is indicative of the overall state of Scottish Football. 15 years ago Rangers were signing English and Ditch internationals. Now they are getting pipped to signing players that are on the fringe of the Scotland squad by English (Welsh?) Championship teams. AND they still finished 30 points ahead of us.

Agree with all this.

Vlad is right about the Mafia(he should have kept that statement for during the season and been more timely and in tune with it!).....Rangers never push the boat out to get good players from other clubs in Scotland. They look down at us so much, they`ll draw out discussions as long as possible to pay the least.

Now they are finding out the hard way as other clubs nip in.

The initial bid for Wallace really sums up the contempt they have for the rest of us.

Vlad is right about the Mafia(he should have kept that statement for during the season and been more timely and in tune with it!).....Rangers never push the boat out to get good players from other clubs in Scotland. They look down at us so much, they`ll draw out discussions as long as possible to pay the least.

The initial bid for Wallace really sums up the contempt they have for the rest of us.

Please expand..........blahblah.gif

Said this a couple of times, but, Hearts should be looking at "The New" Goodwillie, Johnny Russell. Cracking wee player IMO.

kennyblack'sshot

It's also interesting how columnists like Tom English seem to think mad rants by Romanov are far more damaging to the Scottish game than how the OF go about recruiting players from non-OF clubs - ie make a laughable bid to unsettle the player and then sit back and wait for the club to cave in.

It's also interesting how columnists like Tom English seem to think mad rants by Romanov are far more damaging to the Scottish game than how the OF go about recruiting players from non-OF clubs - ie make a laughable bid to unsettle the player and then sit back and wait for the club to cave in.

Think this is now making Rangers look stupid.

The Old Tolbooth

Said this a couple of times, but, Hearts should be looking at "The New" Goodwillie, Johnny Russell. Cracking wee player IMO.

Said exactly the same thing mate, he's a star in the making and I can't see United letting him go cheaply.

kennyblack'sshot

Wallace can sign a pre contract in January mate.

He still can't move until summer though, and even then is a fee not due due to his age?

Archived