Busby...

japanjambo

We were down in London for Scotland v England game, cant remember the year

Walking down from Picadilly we spot the Busby on the opposite side of the road.

White jumper wi sleeves rolled up.

We give him the Busby Busby Busby

The big man gives us his goal scoring salute

You had to be there :)

We were down in London for Scotland v England game, cant remember the year

Walking down from Picadilly we spot the Busby on the opposite side of the road.

White jumper wi sleeves rolled up.

We give him the Busby Busby Busby

The big man gives us his goal scoring salute

You had to be there :)

Nah, didnt have to be there. Would be chuffed to see the man himself in the street :)

Would love to get him out at half time!!!! Any Kickbackers know him?

Nah, didnt have to be there. Would be chuffed to see the man himself in the street :)

Would love to get him out at half time!!!! Any Kickbackers know him?

i think you'll fin the OP is rather chummy with the great man himself ninja.gif

Craigieboy

Oh aye, she's in there.

:stare:

Craigieboy

In fact..........

:stare: :stare: :stare:

The 'Buzzbomb' is one of my all-time favourite players that I saw in the flesh.

"Hearts is the club I always associate myself with and I'm proud to have played for them".

Lest we forget....................

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-legend-39Buzzbomb39-Busby-recounts.4592677.jp

1st time i have seen that great reading.

Quality !!

And a true Jambo Legend

:thumbsup:

I'm sure the OP has given him the ole nudge before. What a tremendous reception he'd get back at Tynie!

I'm sure the OP has given him the ole nudge before. What a tremendous reception he'd get back at Tynie!

Away to Dumbarton in our 1st game of the wee cup.

I think the OP might make that one

:)

Punks No Deid

proper legend .... the man will never need to buy a pint if he's in a pub that I'm in... :thumbsup:

Big Moysey

He leans forward to discuss perhaps his most infamous day in a maroon shirt, the East of Scotland Shield match against Hibs in May 1978.

"That's the derby game I remember most, the one I was sent off in. Last game of the season and with about five minutes to go Des Bremner and I challenged for the ball and both got a yellow card.

"I knew straight away I'd be suspended for the start of the next season because I'd had too many bookings. Hearts had just been promoted back into the Premier League so I was absolutely sick.

"Hibs then got a free-kick which was taken quickly and the ball bounced between Bremner and Arthur Duncan. I charged in and went right through the two of them. Both of them were helped off the park. I was sent off. It caused a bit of a melee.

"John Lambie, Hibs coach at the time, ran on the park and threw a punch at me.

"There have been a lot of conflicting stories about what happened that day, things like John Brownlie supposedly getting his leg broken. That's a lot of rubbish. We kicked each other but always with the front of the boot."

QUALITY! :lol:

I remember a game at Tynecastle v Rangers and they had a supposedhard man Tam Forsyth. A 50/50 ball just outside Rangers box at the Wheatfield end with him and the Buz Bomb. Crunch - Forsyth left lying on the ground Busby up and getting on with it. A legend!

Captain Scarlett

The word legend gets chucked about at lots of players some not deserving imo but Drew Busby is a legend in every sense of the word.

japanjambo

Sorry folks...get into Busby mode when I've had a few! :ninja:

Dumbarton away in the cup please!! :thumbsup:

Lynn :ninja:

Stuart Lyon

I spoke to him at a Willie Bauld dinner a couple of years ago and he is a very modest man who doesn't seek the limelight.A gentleman through and through and a great player for Hearts. I often wondered what would have happened had we been able to get him and Drew Jarvie from Airdrie. Truly deserves his status as a Hearts Legend.

Lynn - have you sobered up yet?

japanjambo

I spoke to him at a Willie Bauld dinner a couple of years ago and he is a very modest man who doesn't seek the limelight.A gentleman through and through and a great player for Hearts. I often wondered what would have happened had we been able to get him and Drew Jarvie from Airdrie. Truly deserves his status as a Hearts Legend.

Lynn - have you sobered up yet?

Head's bit fuzzy, Stuart! :ninja:

HeartsBore1874

drew has had many a half time appearance and will continue to due so as he is truly a modest, genuine guy and deserves the accolade of legendary status.

Agree with others on here regards 'The Buzz.' Met him at a Hearts function many moons ago. Total gentleman.

One of my all time favourites. :thumbsup:

132goals1958

Great memories! :thumbsup:

We pissed all over Celtic that day...with TEN MEN. Malky Robertson was sent off in the first half!

:ninja:

If I recall Malky,s head came into contact with Andy Lynch

He lived round the corner from me when I was in Alexandria. I can almost guarantee that he voted for me in a council election. Handshake and a wink on his way out is all the proof I need. Still lost but. Buzzbonb should have been allowed at least 100 votes.

japanjambo

He owns and works in a pub in Dumbarton.

He doesn't own it, just leases it. Been in it for over 15 years though! :thumbsup:

japanjambo

bacardi-70cl-26-p.jpg

+

bacardi-70cl-26-p.jpg

=

buzz16.jpg

Hehehe, you know mw so well! :ninja:

Independence

The word legend gets chucked about at lots of players some not deserving imo but Drew Busby is a legend in every sense of the word.

FACT !

alex plode

Might have been the 1975 wembley game, cos I met him on the plane down. I had a canvas Hearts holdsll and he spotted it and came over to chat. It was the highlight of weekend(2 words- Stewart Kennedy)

If every single time I got steaming, I posted how much I wanted to ride Tommi Gronlund, would that be ok?

Or would it get tired as ****?

Just asking likes.

Neilson's Shank

Busby was the very definition of Mr 100%, if you give that Hearts supporters will love you

If every single time I got steaming, I posted how much I wanted to ride Tommi Gronlund, would that be ok?

Just asking likes.

:lol:

japanjambo

Just asking likes.

Awwwwwwwww I.J...Lighten up fer feck's sake! :ninja::lol:

Archived