How lucky are we to have JJ?

Craigieboy

Craigieboy

Can you even begin to take your mind back to the summer of two years ago? :vrface:

****ing Mr Negative, priding himself on getting a couple of points in Glasgow. No notable strikers. Nade, who was fat. The looming Zagreb tie. The utter disaster that began & ended with utter shyte in our squad.

It was all so shit.

Now we have JJ well and truely devoted to his beloved Hearts. The Hearts support are mainly united in agreement about the fact that we have the right man. We have more than enough strikers. The team is generally looking good despite needing tweaked here and there. Prospects are looking up.

But, it's more than just those things.

Theres something about JJ that I just love.

You see pictures on the official site of him with the squad & I honestly don't think that there are any players who would rather play under a different manager.

In years to come, John Sutton, Ian Black, Marian Kello, Eamonn Bannon & co will be commenting on how JJ has helped shape their careers and work ethic.

So glad we have him back at the club.

We're in safe hands.

:jjyay:

Can you even begin to take your mind back to the summer of two years ago? :vrface:

****ing Mr Negative, priding himself on getting a couple of points in Glasgow. No notable strikers. Nade, who was fat. The looming Zagreb tie. The utter disaster that began & ended with utter shyte in our squad.

It was all so shit.

Now we have JJ well and truely devoted to his beloved Hearts. The Hearts support are mainly united in agreement about the fact that we have the right man. We have more than enough strikers. The team is generally looking good despite needing tweaked here and there. Prospects are looking up.

You see pictures on the official site of him with the squad & I honestly don't think that there are any players who would rather play under a different manager.

In years to come, John Sutton, Ian Black, Marian Kello, Eamonn Bannon & co will be commenting on how JJ has helped shape their careers and work ethic.

We're in safe hands.

That's a mighty fine post :thumbsup:

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Ahhh a feel good post. 100% agree! There's just something comforting to know that JJ's the man at the helm of our ship. He is the 'Mr Hearts' the club needs to steer her through choppy waters. He may not be a master tactician but his experience and more importantly the regard he is held in are invaluable. His patience with his employers us also admirable, soldiering on where a lesser man would have folded long ago. Jim, I doth my cap to thee...

:greatpost:

Couldn't have put it better myself mate. As much as people can have a go at him for bad decisions, tactics etc, nobody will ever take away how much he loves HMFC. Absolute gem of a man/manager.

Gods a Jambo

It was all so shit.

We're in safe hands.

Cant argue with any of that.

The great thing about JJ is you know he feels what we feel. Barring the last 6 months or so of his first spell I cant recall a time when there wasnt a feeling of optimism when he's been around.

Myself and a few mates had a major lager/Hearts chat session last Friday (love those nights!!!!!!). When JJ first came in he had nothing. In fact when you look at the dross that Tommy McLean left, he had less than nothing. JJ came in, gave the pish a chance and they put us bottom of the league. Then BOOM!!!!! Locke, Johnston, Ritchie and McManus chucked in. Old heads like Lawrence and Pointon and Fulton and then Rousset, Bruno and Eskillson all in the space of about a month. Well the rests history.

But there are parallels with this regime and that one. When JJ got the job 18 months ago he had 1 day to make signings and only got Stevenson. But like the first time he gave the players at the club the rest of the season to show what they can do. If you look at this years signings hes brought in good SPL players that know the league and know the set up. A bit like Cameron, McCann ,Weir and Fulton. He has a set way of working and it works.

I hope to god Vlad never loses sight of what Jim (and BB and Locke) bring to this club. And rightly or wrongly I also hope JJ realises that every now and again Vlads going to create a shitstorm and that he needs to see it out, keep the players out of it and get through it. He and Hearts fit like aglove and I hope to god he's here for years to come.

jack D and coke

Jim Jefferies is the best manager in the SPL by a country mile. He's not perfect obviously and makes mistakes but I actually feel personally offended when he gets criticised.

I love the guy. He will win us something again. I know it.

i was just thinking this earlier so what did i do??

i stuck on the cup glory DVD thing from 1998

oh yes, thats what i did and i now feel all warm and fuzzy and getting back on the happy train

oh yes, thats what i did and i now feel all warm and fuzzy

Fresh batteries for your rabbit?:lol:

Bunny Munro

It was all so shit.

We're in safe hands.

Agree with everything you say about JJ.

But you couldn't be more wrong about Csaba, during that close season he was seen as some kind of legend by most on here, most were fairly optimistic about Zagreb considering the teams we could have got, it wasn't until losing to Dundee unt, Stewart getting sent off, Zagreb away, and then chucking it away vs Gers all in one week that things started to go downhill for him and hearts.

Fresh batteries for your rabbit?:lol:

actually, thanks for reminding me............woot.gif

Napoleon  Wilson

It was all so shit.

We're in safe hands.

Good Post :thumbsup:

Happy days, cant wait for the season to start and get back to some football

Heartsofgold

The man is a hero and the way he has handled the recent CT affair just proves how much he loves our club. Keeping him was quite obviously not his decision

He has the smarts to let Vlad have his rants and keep his head out of it, keep the team on an even kilter.

Long may he reign, the King of Hearts!!!

Sorry if I don't buy into this.

The last 12 or so games last season reminded me of how tatically limited JJ is.

I do not think he is messiah.

A man that bleeds maroon - yes but not someone who can take us throught to Glasgow looking for 3 points.

Punks No Deid

he's on a par with Sir Drew Busby... nuff said eh? :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

It was all so shit.

We're in safe hands.

If you were any more on the money... You would be Queen Elizabeth II. :thumbsup:

My only problem is that I want to see JJ as our manager for the next 10-15 years, and I have a feeling that he will be retired by then.

The shite is dead, long live the King!

wright1989

I wonder if Mr. Wrong will make a comment? :geek:

:lol: Sorry if don't buy into your great manager sing-along. We are preforming to our ability. Any good manager could have achieved what we did last season with the size our budget. We pay nearly TREBLE the wages from our closest opponents. I mean best manager. Don't make me laugh.

He's done what was expected of him.

Happy?

:lol: Sorry if don't buy into your great manager sing-along. We are preforming to our ability. Any good manager could have achieved what we did last season with the size our budget. We pay nearly TREBLE the wages from our closest opponents. I mean best manager. Don't make me laugh.

Happy?

If we play great football and maybe win something or at least get to a final or two would you give J.J. some credit or just say it's all down to the players?.genuine question.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Tenor,

The managers that have reached such long terms of service are the real legends of the game.

Taking in to account all the turmoil between Jim leaving and coming back?... I reckon he could have AT LEAST emulated our achievements in that time. Maybe not, who's to say? I think that if we had had JJ as gaffer since 1995, we would have achieved everything we have done and maybe more. :o

That is in no way a slight on Levein, Burley, Valdas and McGlyn though. They did good work at the club, but we also had Angel Chervenkov, Stevie Frail, Eddie Malofeev, Rix and Korrobochka in that period! :(

Robbo I will leave up to interpretation...

If we had had a stable club behind Jim for all that time, with the financial backing of Romanov?... Well personally, I think we would have won more silverware.

I like JJ a lot. He's not a great manager, but he's more tactically savvy than many on here think. IMHO, if Levein had been here throughout Romanov's stay, and had his backing, we'd have won more trophies.

It would take a great deal more than Thomson type scandals to turn me against Hearts but that imposter Laslo nearly achieved it. The final straw was a home game against Falkirk when they were at the fooot of the table and arguably even worse than Hibs. What does he do. He plays a fat, useless waster up front on his own. Result - 0-0. Seething just thinking about it again.

I know it's worse for you guys sitting there watching it unfold but it's purgatory out here as well. Gives you are rare and very unwelcomme insight into what Hibs supporting must be like.

When he was sacked and JJ came in, even the weather improved here.

Delighted to have him.

Coburg Hearts

Happy?

Just making sure you were paying attention :thumbsup: I knew you would be drawn to this thread like bees to a honey pot.;)

Nice OP, and some good other posts on this thread.

But this one says it all for me:

jim jefferies is god.

:Agree:

Tenor,

The managers that have reached such long terms of service are the real legends of the game.

Taking in to account all the turmoil between Jim leaving and coming back?... I reckon he could have AT LEAST emulated our achievements in that time. Maybe not, who's to say? I think that if we had had JJ as gaffer since 1995, we would have achieved everything we have done and maybe more. :o

That is in no way a slight on Levein, Burley, Valdas and McGlyn though. They did good work at the club, but we also had Angel Chervenkov, Stevie Frail, Eddie Malofeev, Rix and Korrobochka in that period! :(

Robbo I will leave up to interpretation...

If we had had a stable club behind Jim for all that time, with the financial backing of Romanov?... Well personally, I think we would have won more silverware.

I couldn't agree more! But there is still plenty of time for a sh*t load of silverware with JJ :D

Happy?

This treble the wages patter is straight from the mouths of hobbits, so you're either one of them or you're daft enough not to be able to rip your hobbit mates hence the greeting on here.

I absolutely love the man. Sure, we've had people in charge who were better tactically, but he's the best manager we've had. You know with him there's nothing unspoken, nothing clandestine; everything he does, he does it for the benefit of the team and the club.

After every crisis/Vladrant, I'm not lying when I say I feel better knowing JJ's at the helm to deal with it. His dignity and love for the club is a hugely effective calming influence on the fans and (I'd imagine) players.

You just have to read the quotations in my signature and look at videos of us scoring against Hibs and you can't fail to love him.

SectionDJambo

For whatever reason, he lost his way with us last time. We were very poor the season after the cup win. He signed some right diddies, with cash, but also got Niemi, possibly his best bit of business.

The magic touch against Hibs vanished with the 6-2 and the Millenium Derby, both of which were disasters.

He does make some clangers tactically, sometimes, but has brought pride and respect back to Hearts. We have progresed well, despite the poor end to last season. He does have a good record of bringing along talented young players, which fits in with the business plan of Romanov.

Most importantly, him and Romanov seem to have a mutual respect and trust, which no other Hearts manager has enjoyed under Romanov.

What he needs most, IMO, is a series of good cup runs as he enjoyed first time around, to get the belief going again that we can win something, given the luck that any non OF team in Scotland needs to do it.

And let us never forget that him, and BB, ended our years of frustration of never winning anything that glorious weekend in May 1998.

I trust him to keep improving us ongoing.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

It was all so shit.

We're in safe hands.

Only one thing puzzles me - how does Eammon Bannon get into that list? He's not even in the fist team squad these days. :whistling:

wright1989

This treble the wages patter is straight from the mouths of hobbits, so you're either one of them or you're daft enough not to be able to rip your hobbit mates hence the greeting on here.

I had an aguement at the pub actually :lol:

My Hobo mate was saying Tache was a better chairman than Vlad, tears of laughter! Someone posted on here a while back the expenditure of clubs in the SPL. We were nearly treble the wages of the rest of the teams in the SPL. They shouldn't be able to compete with us next season. Anything below third next season is a massive failure.

The ex-player I speak to rated Levein much higher than he did JJ.

Only a Game

Pro's and Cons of having Jefferies as a manager

Pro's

1. He's a Hearts man and loves the club, putting it before himself.

2. He's won things with us before

3. He creates a good squad vibe

4. He's got a bit of dignity

5. His preference is for positive attacking football

Cons

1. Tactically he's a bit old fashioned. Sometimes I think he just doesnt see things and doesnt get it anymore.

2. His signing record is a bit up and down

3. His record against the Old firm is a shocker. I think he has an inferiority complex about them.

4. He's a bit stubborn when it comes to making changes

5. He's averse to giving youth players a real good chance.

Overall I thought where we finished last season was pretty good. We were a bit up and down in getting there and we were awful in the last 12 weeks but that wasnt entirely his fault. We should have had 3rd in the bag long before we did.

Going forward this season, I'd like to see his signings improve the team. Its a MUST that we have a decent run in one or both of the cups and its a MUST that we finish at least 3rd again. I'd also like to see at least 3 youth players breaking through because we cant go on signing these journeymen at the expense of the youths, otherwise there isnt any point in us continuing with what we're doing at Riccarton. If the youths coming through really arent good enough then he has to drive change out there.

Reasonably happy to stick with him for another season, and beyond that if things improve, even slightly, this season. You cant ask for more than ongoing improvement really. If however we spend a season going backwards, then he has to go and will go IMO.

Tasavallan

My Hobo mate was saying Tache was a better chairman than Vlad, tears of laughter!

First mistake, Vlad is not Chairman. Rodders is.

First mistake, Vlad is not Chairman. Rodders is.

In that case, it is the Tache all the way...........rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

Gladly, there is a minority who just don`t see JJ as good for Hearts? ......Baffling?

Not going to trawl old ground and raise certain points, i think i done that on many many ocassions last season with certain posters. :rolleyes:

He`ll not be here forever but at the moment i struggle to look around and see this fresh, strong willed and ambitious young manager some "modern" thinking fans want at the helm.

We all want to move on to a higher level, but how do you get there? Some of the better managers around in football just now are old heads. JJ has bags of experience and shows that. In the short term he got Hearts doing what we all expect week after week...giving their all and trying to go and win matches and not be stifled by tactical bullshit.

I hope he goes on to prove alot of our own support wrong, never mind outsiders.

And he doesn`t have an inferiority complex v the OF....did we not beat them twice last season? His record says alot of defeats, but again certain posters ignore facts to why that is because they just want to shoot him down.

In his first spell Rangers , especially, were spending big on very good players and we weren`t the only ones that suffered.

JJ is a winner and he tries to make Hearts play like so and until im convinced there is a man head and shoulders above JJ to take over i`ll be happy to stick with him.

Archived