Teale set to sign for St Mirren

rudi must stay

jamboinglasgow

St Mirren are actually doing what they failed to do since coming up, building team that is not relegation fodder. With Killie also making good signings I think a few more established clubs could get a real shock.

Walter Bishop

St Mirren are actually doing what they failed to do since coming up, building team that is not relegation fodder. With Killie also making good signings I think a few more established clubs could get a real shock.

The small ones from Leith? :whistling:

rossthejambo

and the one stuck in the 80's

I think Aberdeen might actually be alright next season, assuming they sign someone to replace Maguire.

Hibs on the other hand, deep shit.

I think Aberdeen might actually be alright next season, assuming they sign someone to replace Maguire.

Hibs on the other hand, deep shit.

Aberdeen have flattered to deceive for yonks and will again next season, hopefully if not certainly joined by the Wee Team again :thumbsup::lol::woot:

Van Wilder

St Mirren have been pretty astute with their signings thus far.

Hope they go down though.

Vlad-Stupid

The small ones from Leith? :whistling:

If O'Connor doesn't bang a shite load of goals in for them, I can see them being is serious bother next season

:jjyay:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Good signing for them, he will do them a real turn IMO. Shame, horrible wee club that they are. No way they'll get relegated at this rate. :(

Has Danny Lennon suddenly become a football manager? :verymad:

Charlie-Brown

Jim Jefferies tried to sign him for Hearts donkey years ago - about the same time we bought Gary Wales iirc?

Snake Plissken

Jim Jefferies tried to sign him for Hearts donkey years ago - about the same time we bought Gary Wales iirc?

He was playing for Ayr United around then so it's highly probable, went to Wigan c.2001

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Remember Teale and McCulloch looking like a great combination for Wigan a few years back... Think it was about the time they were promoted.

...a bit disco

Has Danny Lennon suddenly become a football manager? :verymad:

Probably totally wrong but maybe Gus McPherson

was holding them back?!

That's a good signing, thought he was older than 32 as well. St. Mirren have made a few good transfers this window, might be a tougher test next season.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Gus pretty good at some things but I always got the impression that he was hard for people to get on with... 'Uncompromising' is the aura I got from him.

...a bit disco

_1794902_mcpherson_gronlund300.jpg

Done a Gus Macpherson search and look what popped up from 2002!

Match Report

Guest Bilel Mohsni

He fell short of the mark at Rangers and did a decent job for Killie and the black and white striped lot. As a manager starting out he started in a changing world where managers have less control over the position they would have previously dominated at a club. I think he would make a very good number two or a decent manager if he was able to bring himself to toe the party line at a club.

JJ was renowned for being his own man but he still manages to adapt at a modern club in the modern world where the influence of players and owners has encrotched upon the duties of a 'gaffer'.

Reckon that Gus has a lot to offer if he can also learn to compromise.

...a bit disco

Gus pretty good at some things but I always got the impression that he was hard for people to get on with... 'Uncompromising' is the aura I got from him.

Get the feeling he might play a good 'Archie Knox' type role.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Disco,

He reminds me of a less high-profile Roy Keane in some respects. He was a good player at his peak and a guy that worked under at least one excelent old-school manager... I think that just like Roy, he tried to emulate the iron-fist approach of managers that in the previous era of football management was the way to go. Trouble is football has changed a lot since his playing days and the whole Smith/Fergie way of complete power is dying out.

A manager nowadys has to move with the times and adapt to the swing in power away from 'The Gaffer', owners and players have so much more say nowadays that unless you are already established WINNING gaffer then you really need to adapt your methods. Keane caused ructions at Sunderland for his iron-fist approach and it ultimately played a part in his downfall at the highest level. Gus was unable to compromise in the SPL also... He was jettisoned too.

One of the things I really respect about Jefferies is that he has been able to adapt his ethos to still stay competitive in the new era of football. Jim garners respect from the players and the owner without finding himself constantly at unresolvable loggerheads with both other parties.

...a bit disco

Makes you wonder how the likes of Billy Reid have

lasted so long then, eh?

Napoleon  Wilson

Even St Mirren are making good signings! Are you watching Der Hun?

crying-baby.jpg

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Billy Reid achieved something astounding at Accies, he promoted to the top flight a complete also ran of a club. Accies are really unfashionable and previously disregarded club, who have to their credit climbed the leagues and done very well out of the guidance of Billy Reid. Reid strikes me as a modern thinking manager who understands the modern game. I am amazed that he has not been picked up as at least a number two by a decent lower-league English club. Reid is in touch with the way football is evolving -much like JJ- whereas the likes of Gus appear unable to progress with the changing face of the game... IMO

...a bit disco

I could be judging a book by its cover right enough!

To me, he comes across as the whisky drinking, camel hair wearing 'Gaffer' of days swiftly passing.

Underneath all that there's oviously some shrewd and astute thinking going on.

The one thing that seems to let him down is his refusal to sacrifice attacking football for points.

And I don't think you could accuse Gus Macpherson of being 'too attack minded'!

The Comedian

Every time I saw Teale play I thought he was stinking as signing for St Mirren demonstrates.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Disco,

Attacking or keeping it tight ethos is another matter altogether I reckon. I think the most important part that a gaffer has to realise these days is his defined role at a club. I think the role of a manager is very different now when compared with that of the nineties and prior 'boss'.

When we talk about attacking or defensive ethos of a team, I reckon we go down the route of analysing the technical style of a manager's approach to the game. I think that if the manager in question has a clearly defined role in the team -one where he accepts his part in the evolution of the side- then that is when his daily input becomes one that can lead to success or failure.

I rate MacPherson reasonably highly when it comes to what he can offer a football team at Scottish level... He seems to know the game rather well and understands what will get results if left to get on with the job in his own way.

I think Reid however has a very bright future ahead of himself if someone gives him the chance.

_1794902_mcpherson_gronlund300.jpg

Done a Gus Macpherson search and look what popped up from 2002!

Match Report

And what a team:

Hearts: Niemi, Maybury, Mahe, Pressley, Webster, Severin, Simmons, Fulton (Kirk 69), Gronlund (Boyack 80), Fuller, Wales (Adam 80).

With the exception of Tommi, perhaps!

rudi must stay

Astonishing thread.

Howling player for years now, and failed thoroughly at League One level.

Sheffield Wednesday fans doing a merry jig that they've got shot of him.

I appreciate he's not a world-beater. But with 13 caps for Scotland and some good clubs on his CV I think he could be a good signing for them.

Was about to shoot you down for that but some actually look half decent:

Ex-Feynoord right back played regularly for Den Haag last season Danny Buijs

Paul Heffernan - stop start career but I guess could do alright.

Gary Harkins - seems decent for SPL.

the rest seem pretty dire tbh.

Patrick Ada - Released from League 2

Zdenek Kroca - Conference defender

Danny Racchi - Conference and is guff

The Comedian

I appreciate he's not a world-beater. But with 13 caps for Scotland and some good clubs on his CV I think he could be a good signing for them.

13 inexplicable caps.

The lad would need to improve to be considered pish.

Chris Benoit

I think he is the worst ever player to get a regular game for Scotland.

Howlingly bad.

Thank **** someone said it, all this thread was needing was someone to ask if he'd do a job for us

KillieMitch

Was about to shoot you down for that but some actually look half decent:

Ex-Feynoord right back played regularly for Den Haag last season Danny Buijs

Paul Heffernan - stop start career but I guess could do alright.

Gary Harkins - seems decent for SPL.

the rest seem pretty dire tbh.

Patrick Ada - Released from League 2

Zdenek Kroca - Conference defender

Danny Racchi - Conference and is guff

Lots more to come too! Apparently Kroca is half decent - 6'5, experienced, good scoring record from corners and his fans are gutted to see him go. We don't know much about them - they could all be useless - but its interesting all the same. First time in ages I've really looked forward to going to a friendly.

Can't wait for the season to start - lots of changes at all the clubs - going to be really interesting. Dundee Utd will be interesting after losing all those players - plus the Broon revolution with either be a success or a complete flop at Aberdeen. Rangers and Celtic don't look any stronger - teams like Hearts do - I can't wait.

Coburg Hearts

Lots more to come too! Apparently Kroca is half decent - 6'5, experienced, good scoring record from corners and his fans are gutted to see him go.

Can't wait for the season to start - lots of changes at all the clubs - going to be really interesting. Dundee Utd will be interesting after losing all those players - plus the Broon revolution with either be a success or a complete flop at Aberdeen. Rangers and Celtic don't look any stronger - teams like Hearts do - I can't wait.

I think you'll do ok, and as long as hibs are in the same league you're safe from relegation. ;)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Not seen anyone describe Teale, Hassilbaink and Thompson as world beaters but I think they are more than enough to keep St Mirren off bottom-spot in the SPL come the end of next season.

jambo in iraq

And what a team:

Hearts: Niemi, Maybury, Mahe, Pressley, Webster, Severin, Simmons, Fulton (Kirk 69), Gronlund (Boyack 80), Fuller, Wales (Adam 80).

With the exception of Tommi, perhaps!

Are you joking Tommi Gronlund was a great player for us, he was our Gattusso. The only weak player was Simmons and if I recall that was his only good season when he was breaking thru..

Slightly off topic but I have a friend who is on trial at St.Mirren at the moment. He has just finished up his 'soccer' scholarship in the states. He trained with Hearts a couple seasons ago when Shabba was in charge but wanted to finish what he started in the States. I've told him if he signs for St.Mirren he is not allowed to score against Hearts.

As for Teale, fairly good signing for them.

Slightly off topic but I have a friend who is on trial at St.Mirren at the moment. He has just finished up his 'soccer' scholarship in the states. He trained with Hearts a couple seasons ago when Shabba was in charge but wanted to finish what he started in the States. I've told him if he signs for St.Mirren he is not allowed to score against Hearts.

As for Teale, fairly good signing for them.

what type of crime do you have to commit to be tried at st mirren?

Archived