World Peace

Kiwidoug

Wars, famine, terrorism. Not here.

The front page headline in our local Wellington paper this morning (the Dominion) is about a guy who has been caught speeding.

I know this will attract sympathy from some of you who will be glad you live in a place where there is actual news. On the other hand though, it's better than terrorists blowing up hotels or Dundee Utd players going on the rampage.

...a bit disco

Wars, famine, terrorism. Not here.

The front page headline in our local Wellington paper this morning (the Dominion) is about a guy who has been caught speeding.

I know this will attract sympathy from some of you who will be glad you live in a place where there is actual news. On the other hand though, it's better than terrorists blowing up hotels or Dundee Utd players going on the rampage.

You know...

That makes me SEETHE!!!!!!!

Denny Crane

Kiwi Doug

My Mum has been living in Auckland these past three years and says she's never been so board in her life (my brother bailed out 18 months back and is back in Europe). Says it's like Edinburgh in the 70s and having already done that she doesn't want to go through that again (she's applying for jobs left, right and centre in Europe before anyone asks) and that it is very expensive (although she does say the scenery is nice). Is that your experience as well?

Templeton Peck

Kiwi Doug

Can you confirm if The Green Man is a Hibs pub. Sounds like they serve up Hibby Style drinks?

NZ Hibs Supporters Club

I was in New Zealand for 6 weeks earlier this year. The only thing I miss is The Crowd Goes Wild.

I would move to NZ in a heartbeat.

Spent a few days there a couple of years ago and felt very at home, cracking country and only going to be more up and coming in the next 20 years imo.

Saw a few episodes of The Crowd Goes Wild too, hilarious! Also shops playing Flight of the Conchords with no hint of irony. And Waikato, lovely brew.

Kiwi Doug

My Mum has been living in Auckland these past three years and says she's never been so board in her life (my brother bailed out 18 months back and is back in Europe). Says it's like Edinburgh in the 70s and having already done that she doesn't want to go through that again (she's applying for jobs left, right and centre in Europe before anyone asks) and that it is very expensive (although she does say the scenery is nice). Is that your experience as well?

Pretty much, I'm afraid. I could go on but that about sums it up.

Hating the All Blacks is all that keeps me going some days.

Kiwi Doug

Can you confirm if The Green Man is a Hibs pub. Sounds like they serve up Hibby Style drinks?

NZ Hibs Supporters Club

I was in New Zealand for 6 weeks earlier this year. The only thing I miss is The Crowd Goes Wild.

Yes, can confirm it is a Hibs pub. Not doing very well though as there is only one Hibs supporter in Wellington. A hairdresser called Julian.

Archived