Lennon Shit Stirring (again!)

The Gasman

Coburg Hearts

Regrettably not. I got red carded for telling a grumpy obese female Hibs supporter that she was only grumpy because she supported Hibs. Based on my life experience I pointed out to her that fat people in my experience were usually jolly.

TOTT was red-carded over the same incident but I see he's back now. The Hibs supporter was also red carded.

Mod had a field day.

They done you a big favour by showing you the red card...........................95% of the posters on there should also be red carded, what a bunch of imbeciles they really are.

Good luck on becoming a Grandad. :)

berrasbraw

Its hard to disagree with you in some respects but public figures have a responsiblity to behave with a certain decorum.Lennon falls way short and contributed to the fiasco

Yea got to agree with your point aswell :thumbsup: ,the guy is classless.I cant believe the statements he got away with last season,and never got pulled up once.

uniwildcat38

Is anyone here in Oz going to the Celtic - Melb Victory game? Feel like taking along a banner to let Lennon know how we feel about him? Maybe something along the lines of "Lennon. STFU you ****" with the Hearts badge next to it.

Personally I'm hoping he gets into a touchline altercation with Kevin Muscat.

Is anyone here in Oz going to the Celtic - Melb Victory game? Feel like taking along a banner to let Lennon know how we feel about him? Maybe something along the lines of "Lennon. STFU you ****" with the Hearts badge next to it.

Nobody in Aus (except ex-pat Scots) knows anything about Hearts OR Celtic and Lennon's response won't get more than a 1/2 inch of column space in papers that will be overflowing with sports coverage.

Just because 4 or 5 people around him are talking about it - that doesn't translate to everyone in Australia is talking about it.

wouldnt waste my time, money or breath on that gob shite, and standing amongst that shower has never been my idea of fun.

As i said previously. no one here cares about us, them or him apart from the card carrying muppets that wander about sydney & melboune with hoops on as some sort of bage of honour

Geoff Kilpatrick

No danger! It's a chance to attract the backpacker fest from St Kilda to sing songs about the 'ould country', or those with some romantic attachment to 'Oireland' (admittedly that's nowhere near as bad as the States - still I'm sure PJ O'Briens and the Celtic Club are bigging it up as an event).

If it was Heart I might have considered it though...

rossthejambo

**** him. He loves all the attention, I'm not going to give it to him this season (that's the plan anyway).

I think he'll be out the door at some point this season when the board finally grow a set and get bored of his petty antics, then we can all get back to some sort of normality.

Hawick Jambo

The weird thing with him is that he seems a reasonably intelligent bloke. However he seems to have become the pin up boy for the martyr syndrome at Celtic Park. He also can't seem to avoid seeking out attention either for his words or actions

Unless he has been misquoted, like others have said on here why stir things up again. He received all that stuff through the post last year and you would think that even if it wasn't for his own sake, for the sake of his family he would learn to be a bit more diplomatic.

Nookie Bear

The weird thing with him is that he seems a reasonably intelligent bloke. However he seems to have become the pin up boy for the martyr syndrome at Celtic Park. He also can't seem to avoid seeking out attention either for his words or actions

Unless he has been misquoted, like others have said on here why stir things up again. He received all that stuff through the post last year and you would think that even if it wasn't for his own sake, for the sake of his family he would learn to be a bit more diplomatic.

Spot on.

All he had to say was something like "I wasn't happy on the night but I am happy that the police took the appropriate action and Hearts did all they could to stop him. I am also happy that Hearts will ensure that NO manager is under threat in future. It's a new season so let's draw a line under the incident and let the courts do their job while we concentrate on football" blabh blah blah

But no, he has to get a dig in and i'm already bored with next season!

The Gasman

Agree with you there. :thumb:

FYI - he's not misquoted as it's a TV interview that he's giving.

**** him.

Poisonous little troll who some people made us believe was some sort of martyr. Scottish football is a much more pleasant place without the little shitebag.

jamboinglasgow

The daily record article is fantastic for the idiotic Celtic fans. One honestly says that while Celtic fans were guilty of some things, it would be wrong to punish Celtic because their fans were forced to take their action after "extreme provocation due to an assault on our manager." So that's ok then.

The daily record article is fantastic for the idiotic Celtic fans. One honestly says that while Celtic fans were guilty of some things, it would be wrong to punish Celtic because their fans were forced to take their action after "extreme provocation due to an assault on our manager." So that's ok then.

Does trying to rob the refreshment kiosks fall into that category! Scum of the earth the lot of them!

rossthejambo

:vrface:

Jeez, the mind boggles.

Yeah I noticed that trend appearing too. Apparently it's fine to riot, attack stewards (some of whom travelled with you from your club), the police and each other if you've witnessed some dafty trying to lamp your manager. It's also fine to then throw things at ball boys to the point where some are hit and the rest are then removed for their own safety. All of these things are absolutely fine. They're the victims here, dammit. Mentalists, the lot of them. I wonder what their excuse would be for raiding the kiosks the last time before that? huh.gif

Neil Lennon is just repulsive in so many ways. No other word for it really.

tolcross lad

Lennon is a strange mixture.I warm to him in certain interviews.He is obviously a man who struggles with his own demons,depression it has been reported.He has also been on the receiving end of sectarian abuse in NI and has a mind set arising from this.Understandable.Yet he is also sectarian.No doubt that Celtic is home territory for him and a walk into London Road supporters club will fill his soul as he gazes at images of the Pope and the Kennedys on the wall.He ticks almost all of the boxes for Celtic fans.And yet if he fails this year to win the league he will be a gonner.

rossthejambo

Did anyone read this bit of wisdom from Lennon (as you can see my ignoring phase has worn out already)

but the fact it was covered round the world made it worldwide.

:goodone:

The Gasman

They're the victims here, dammit. Mentalists, the lot of them. I wonder what their excuse would be for raiding the kiosks the last time before that?

I asked one of them that, and was told:

"FFS! There you all go again ya Hun loving orange b'strds - picking on us and trying to blame us - all we did was get our retaliation in first!"

I wasn't sure whether to laugh, or cry. :unsure:

scottish_chicP

"FFS! There you all go again ya Hun loving orange b'strds - picking on us and trying to blame us - all we did was get our retaliation in first!"

I am now at the point where I refuse point blank to have a conversation about anything to do with Hearts or Celtic with my Celtic minded friends as they truly believe they are NEVER in the wrong. Unbelievably frustrating and I would just end up ending the friendship if I got involved in a debate (maybe not a bad thing!? :teehee: )

Lennon is a strange mixture.I warm to him in certain interviews.He is obviously a man who struggles with his own demons,depression it has been reported.He has also been on the receiving end of sectarian abuse in NI and has a mind set arising from this.Understandable.Yet he is also sectarian.No doubt that Celtic is home territory for him and a walk into London Road supporters club will fill his soul as he gazes at images of the Pope and the Kennedys on the wall.He ticks almost all of the boxes for Celtic fans.And yet if he fails this year to win the league he will be a gonner.

or if he opens his post.

I agree, he is a bit of a conundrum. Sometimes you listen to him and he comes across as a genuinely thoughful person. other times it's like they've pulled a drunk out the Springfield Vaults and handed him a microphone.

His latest comments are probably just an honest reflection of what he feels, but he should have kept them to himself as they are clearly just stoking the fire. Hearts as a club can't be held responsible for one eejit.

I'm coming round to the idea that perhaps laughter is the only suitable response.

Difficult when they're so unbelievably deluded, whingy and so bloody irritating though.

grumpyjambo

A Celtic fan (ST holder) at my work can't stand NL and was miffed he was given a contract extension. He can remember the days of Jock Stein and said "the big man would lamp the wee pr*ck and not stop" if they'd ever met. I agree.

Christ, the aussies must think we're a right bunch. The CT "thing" is news over there and now this!

In saying that, I lived and worked in Oz for a year and their AFL/Rugger players are (or at least were) always involved in scandals so they probably think it's pretty normal!

No it is not, or my son who lives there would have said. He gets his news about the "thing" from UK media.

Maiden Gorgie

No it is not, or my son who lives there would have said. He gets his news about the "thing" from UK media.

Yes it is. The interview is on Fox Sports Australia, which, i think, broadcasts to Australia.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Yes it is. The interview is on Fox Sports Australia, which, i think, broadcasts to Australia.

There were space fillers in some sports pages but I didn't see anything about it on Fox Sports News. I did see a snippet of Lemon's interview on it though.

If I recall correctly, he was shit stirring a few days before the Celtic game at Tynie, about our defeat to Rangers, blaming us for not trying.

While I can't condone Wilson's actions, you could argue that Lennon stoked the fire for the atmosphere that day and provoked the idiot to attack him.

Football managers are in a position of power and need to show some responsibility. The SFA are guilty here of letting him off the hook, time and again, for his comments and matchday behaviour.

He should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute. Throughout last season he complained about teams "not trying" against Rankers :verymad:

Rocky jamboa

What a total scumbag he is. What can any club do to stop a moron who wants to run onto the pitch, short of putting fences up again??? The season hasn't even started yet and he's already up to his antagonistic antics. Any normal person would try and keep a low profile for a while and let things blow over. And he wonders why so much stuff happens to him? absolute to55er

I'm tempted to dress up as a Celtic fan and invade the pitch at Parkheid to see if Lennon would condemn Celtic in the same way. Problem is, I really don't fancy having ginger hair, half my teeth removed, and buying a celtic top and then trying to turn the white grey. Far too much hard work to try and look like 1 of them.

Archived