Tues 5th July 7.45PM New Bayview

aberhill jambo

aberhill jambo

First chance to see the new signings and a few of the players loaned out. Whos up for it.

Not me I'm afraid and for the best possible reason. On 5th July (NZ time) I'm expecting to become a grandad for the first time.

When they kick-off in Methill I will be fast asleep and the chemicals in my body will be working flat out to generate the biggest hangover for years.

Will check kickback around midnight UK time for the score though.

Not me I'm afraid and for the best possible reason. On 5th July (NZ time) I'm expecting to become a grandad for the first time.

When they kick-off in Methill I will be fast asleep and the chemicals in my body will be working flat out to generate the biggest hangover for years.

Will check kickback around midnight UK time for the score though.

Never mind kickback on that day. Score will be there next day ... Congratulations when baby is born.

He Who Cannot Be Named

Never mind kickback on that day. Score will be there next day ... Congratulations when baby is born.

Are you ******* taking the piss pal? A friendly at Bayview is far more important than any *****'s kid getting born IMO

Ecce Romanov

What's the best way to get there by public transport?

Get a bus from St Andrews Square straight to the 1970s

Buffalo Bill

This reminds of July 2005, seeing George Burley for the first time. Hearts won 2-1, with Brellier making his debut, and another guy we never kept on - a Belarusian. Pressley had a problem with his contract and also had to play as a trialist.

But what really truck me wasn't Hearts or even the game itself, but the town of Methill.

It was such a strange little place. Driving through the town, my wife and I thought the game was cancelled because we never saw anybody, other than one guy in the main street, and he had a limp. At the game, there was a big group of angry locals shouting abuse, but from a mound of earth over the other side of the wall.

This reminds of July 2005, seeing George Burley for the first time. Hearts won 2-1, with Brellier making his debut, and another guy we never kept on - a Belarusian. Pressley had a problem with his contract and also had to play as a trialist.

But what really truck me wasn't Hearts or even the game itself, but the town of Methill.

It was such a strange little place. Driving through the town, my wife and I thought the game was cancelled because we never saw anybody, other than one guy in the main street, and he had a limp. At the game, there was a big group of angry locals shouting abuse, but from a mound of earth over the other side of the wall.

I can definitely relate to the strange feeling going through the place, it's like West Haverbrook in the monorail episode of the Simpsons!

Howdy Doody Jambo

You cannot go making comments about people with limps on here they may be offended , the anti-limpist will be up in arms

Methill nom more

aberhill jambo

I grew up there. It was pretty dire in the 70s and its worse now.

I also grew up there it wasnt and isnt any worse than a lot of small mining towns but then again did leave in 1983.Still have family that live 500 yards from Bayview.

What's the best way to get there by public transport?

Checked the buses and the last one back seems to be too early. I assume noone's taking a bus to the game (even a minibus)?

deesidejambo

I also grew up there it wasnt and isnt any worse than a lot of small mining towns but then again did leave in 1983.Still have family that live 500 yards from Bayview.

You went to Aberhill Primary I guess from your username. I went to Methil Primary. Our footie games against you lot were always interesting.

I grew up in South St in Methil, right next to where new Bayview now is.

I guess your family are up the hill in Whyte Rose Terrace or thereabouts.

aberhill jambo

You went to Aberhill Primary I guess from your username. I went to Methil Primary. Our footie games against you lot were always interesting.

I grew up in South St in Methil, right next to where new Bayview now is.

I guess your family are up the hill in Whyte Rose Terrace or thereabouts.

Methil Primary you had it rough.Family high street opposite the Brig.You going to the game.

deesidejambo

Methil Primary you had it rough.Family high street opposite the Brig.You going to the game.

Canny make the game - in Italy on hol.

Pity - it would be strange with no power station chimney to stare at anymore.

I'm away in Holland from the end of next week so definitely heading over the bridge for this one.

Need a football fix.

East Fife game is on the Tuesday, the team fly out to Berlin on the Thursday. Therefore I'd imagine the team for Bayview will be made up mostly by U19s/Fringe players? I'm assuming the first teamers/new signings will be away to Germany for prep for Europe.

Footballfirst

According to the official site for for first team fixtures it says 7.45PM.

Typical ..... but doesn't affect me as I will be on holiday in the Med. :rolleyes:

First chance to see the new signings and a few of the players loaned out. Whos up for it.

i'll be there as long as the mad man has got rid of that pedo.

romanov in my opinion is killing our club by not sacking thomson.

Ryan Gosling

i'll be there as long as the mad man has got rid of that pedo.

romanov in my opinion is killing our club by not sacking thomson.

Oh shut up you.

aberhill jambo

East Fife game is on the Tuesday, the team fly out to Berlin on the Thursday. Therefore I'd imagine the team for Bayview will be made up mostly by U19s/Fringe players? I'm assuming the first teamers/new signings will be away to Germany for prep for Europe.

Its on the hearts web site as a first team fixture.

aberhill jambo

Its on the hearts web site as a first team fixture.

Its on the East Fife web site 7.45PM Hearts First team squad nice chance to see Sutton and the rest of new signings.

rossthejambo

If the team fly out to Berlin on Thursday, why would the first team players go over 2 days prior to that? :blink:

scottish_chicP

I'm very much in need of a football fix so I'll be there :thumbsup:

Archived