What if Vlad continues to back CT?

PTBCAL

Maybe Romanov just likes sex offenders. Or in his twisted logic he is using this to blackmail the council to get his own way in a....if this tarnishes Hearts it will do the same to Edinburgh....scenario.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Walter Bishop

Maybe Romanov just likes sex offenders. Or in his twisted logic he is using this to blackmail the council to get his own way in a....if this tarnishes Hearts it will do the same to Edinburgh....scenario.

:interesting:

if it's true that the board want thomson dismissed and that vlad is "resisting", then i would expect nothing less than those board members (inc. fedetovas) to resign their positions/directorships if and when 'the club' continue to employ thomson.

If VR keeps Thomson on, it must be made clear that it is VR's shame, not HMFC's. If Vlad want's to be personally associated with supporting sex offenders, then so be it.

Re posting little snippets - thanks for all the messages of support espically you OAG :thumbsup:

I have only posted what I have heard - an update being that the Board want to sack CT but VR is resisting - hopefully commonsense will prevail.

Vlad is saying he cant let the Mafia win, hence CT still here :verymad:

if it's true that the board want thomson dismissed and that vlad is "resisting", then i would expect nothing less than those board members (inc. fedetovas) to resign their positions/directorships if and when 'the club' continue to employ thomson.

The board are made up of yes men who do as they are told.

I think the only person with any authority at the club to come out of this with any respect is JJ.

If VR keeps Thomson on, it must be made clear that it is VR's shame, not HMFC's. If Vlad want's to be personally associated with supporting sex offenders, then so be it.

It's not clear at all.

The decision is made in name of the club not the man.

If Vlad/Hearts continue to back the nonce then there's nothing anyone (the support) will do about it. He has got us by the baws and can practically do whatever he wishes to.

Start making noises about moving to Midlothian, I am sure land on the south side of the by-pass would be made available and it would put a freightener up the City council.

HeartsBore1874

i wish craig thomson would realise that it would actually be in his and the clubs best interest if he had and still has the chance to leave somewhat quietly. i'm not against him playing football again. just not at hearts.

I think the only person with any authority at the club to come out of this with any respect is JJ.

i agree, the only person on the board as a outsider is Southern, what good would it do if he resigned in protest?

it's one thing being a 'yes man' and doing what you're told in the day-to-day operation of the club, but quite another thing being completely sidelined in such a clear cut and important decision.

if i was a 'managing director' or in another senior role at the club like southern and fedetovas, i don't think i would like being sidelined in something as simple as dismissing a convicted sex offender. but then again, it's a well paid executive job and we're in the middle of a deep recession.

HeartsBore1874

at the agm i thought that Vitalijus Vasiliauskas talked a lot of sense and actually seemed to be on the same wavelength as the supporters. rodney keeps out of the way and let's him do his job. so i think it can only be mr romanov who is pulling the strings on this one and he needs to let go, swallow his pride and admit we were wrong.

it's one thing being a 'yes man' and doing what you're told in the day-to-day operation of the club, but quite another thing being completely sidelined in such a clear cut and important decision.

if i was a 'managing director' or in another senior role at the club like southern and fedetovas, i don't think i would like being sidelined in something as simple as dismissing a convicted sex offender. but then again, it's a well paid executive job and we're in the middle of a deep recession.

The only person who might speak up against VR is Southern, however with the reason you mentioned and him not long in the job I can't see it happening. Fedetovas has already showed he will back his boss regardless so I don't expect him to come out against VR's decision.

I want CT out and an UK wide annoucement made.

Today as I am striking, thought I get my hair cut. Wearing my new away shirt headed for town (see location) and when people ask you "is that the team with that player thats in the news.." it really starts to piss me off a little.

I could handle the comments about "thats the team with that mad Russion owner" I quite enjoyed because I got a lot of positive comments.

But definitely not the former.

Vlad get shot of CT now! Do the right theing.

i wish craig thomson would realise that it would actually be in his and the clubs best interest if he had and still has the chance to leave somewhat quietly. i'm not against him playing football again. just not at hearts.

Craig Thomson will realise that when he is given a big fat cheque to remind him.

I want CT out and an UK wide annoucement made.

Today as I am striking, thought I get my hair cut. Wearing my new away shirt headed for town (see location) and when people ask you "is that the team with that player thats in the news.." it really starts to piss me off a little.

I could handle the comments about "thats the team with that mad Russion owner" I quite enjoyed because I got a lot of positive comments.

But definitely not the former.

Vlad get shot of CT now! Do the right theing.

Of course CT should go but other players have done worse and are applying their trade.

Marlin King for example. There is also Lee Hughes who drunkenly mowed someone down and left them to die on the road and die is what they did You can not deny we have that player and you can not defend him, no-one can, but you can still stress others have done worse and that the fall out is reaching ludicrous levels.

Sorry if this is a repost but the Spiers article is here. I think he makes a lot of good points to be honest.

It wouldn?t do to try to soft-soap what Thomson?s crimes were, despite three different people around Hearts, spoken to by The Times, yesterday, describing the young defender as ?a decent lad? and ?a highly liked and popular player? with the staff at the Edinburgh club.

Hearts, who originally condemned Thomson?s actions while standing by his professional contract at the club, have slowly begun to wilt amid the onslaught. Yesterday they suspended Thomson pending a hearing later this week, but his contract at the Tynecastle club will almost certainly be ripped up. One Hearts source said: ?It has reached the stage where the club has had to defend itself. Because Thomson is a popular figure at the club, and is well liked, Hearts originally wanted to stand by him, while condemning what he had done.

?But Hearts has always been a family-orientated club, which is why we have had to take this action [suspending Thomson].?

At the court case in Edinburgh the sheriff took stock of various statements about his character and decreed that he posed no threat to the community.

It has reached a stage where it is almost a criminal offence to express any sympathy for Thomson, yet many people around Hearts who know him have described his character in glowing terms.

One Hearts observer, who knows Thomson, said: ?Craig seems to me to be a good kid who, in discovering ?online?, took a dire wrong turning.?

Jim Jefferies, the Hearts manager, said: ?The lad has simply made a grave error.?

It is not all Romanov's fault that CT is still at the club. He took advice from the staff at Hearts.

jamboinglasgow

It is not all Romanov's fault that CT is still at the club. He took advice from the staff at Hearts.

which is complete nonsense. The staff wanted him sacked, Vlad went against their advice.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

You're mad.

I'm fully expecting Vlad to stick with CT, I won't be surprised if he releases a statement saying the evils are trying to get to him, and that the press are making it all up. :whistling:

Vlad is saying he cant let the Mafia win, hence CT still here :verymad:

Does not really fit in with CT s recent suspension does it, as that was on the back (so it seems) of new media allegations.

I take it VR would have to ok this suspension?

Does not really fit in with CT s recent suspension does it, as that was on the back (so it seems) of new media allegations.

I take it VR would have to ok this suspension?

Valid argument and fair point to make, however the suspension WAS done without Vlad's knowledge as those involved thought/hoped Vlad would rubber stamp CT's departure.

Nucky Thompson

Valid argument and fair point to make, however the suspension WAS done without Vlad's knowledge as those involved thought/hoped Vlad would rubber stamp CT's departure.

Been a long time since you were ITK if you ever were :lol:

tolcross lad

We are meant to be attending the Union Berlin game on the 9th.Its part of our holiday.If CT is kept on officially we wont be there.Its pretty simple for me.

If above is true, can we put an end to the myth that no one can fart at the club without VRs permission.

Ps not aimed at you meadows.

Nucky Thompson

We are meant to be attending the Union Berlin game on the 9th.Its part of our holiday.If CT is kept on officially we wont be there.Its pretty simple for me.

I don't want to sound ersey but how will this effect Hearts :unsure: I could see the point if you never went to a home game

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

If above is true, can we put an end to the myth that no one can fart at the club without VRs permission.

Your're mad, too.

I am not ITK but have a friend who sometimes ITK and has told me it is looking like Vlad will not sack CT.

Anyone else closer to the action confirm or advise?

EDIT

Supposedly Southern met Vlad today and Vlad wants CT to stay. Southern has advised CT to resign.

As others have previously said, Umbro threatening to pill out (which is an over reaction, I think, even if Vlad is getting it badly wrong).

Umbro threatening to pill out (which is an over reaction, I think, even if Vlad is getting it badly wrong).

Definitely an over reaction, ODing on pills is way over the top. No need for anyone to get suicidal over this.

Definitely an over reaction, ODing on pills is way over the top. No need for anyone to get suicidal over this.

Oops!

Your're mad, too.

i would like to point out the pertinent section of the second quoted post. the first post contains a piece of information (perhaps conjecture). the second post in reply to the first is correctly qualified with the emboldened section.

IF the piece of information (perhaps conjecture) happened to be true, it would be irrefutable proof that other people CAN make important decisions at the club.

if you happen to agree, please feel free to let me know.

i agree, the only person on the board as a outsider is Southern, what good would it do if he resigned in protest?

He may be the Managing Director of the club but Southern is NOT a full board member.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

i would like to point out the pertinent section of the second quoted post. the first post contains a piece of information (perhaps conjecture). the second post in reply to the first is correctly qualified with the emboldened section.

IF the piece of information (perhaps conjecture) happened to be true, it would be irrefutable proof that other people CAN make important decisions at the club.

if you happen to agree, please feel free to let me know.

You are the maddest of them all.

Lets not talk pish. Vladimir Romanov is the man who's opinion counts. He was told by Southern and JJ what keeping CT would do and ignored the advice offered. He will ignore it again. And will end up tearing club apart. If CT resigns or leaves it will not be with VR's blessing.

You are the maddest of them all.

clearly... for errantly becoming embroiled in the vital exercise of the closing off of minds and the calling of everyone else as MAD.

i will extract myself from this outbreak of sanity forthwith.

tolcross lad

I don't want to sound ersey but how will this effect Hearts :unsure: I could see the point if you never went to a home game

Fair point.I have sons and daughters and grandchildren.Straightforward I dont want CT anywhere near our club.My problem starts next week in Berlin,If Hearts indicate that Thomson is being kept on we wont be at the game.We might be in Hitlers bunker but not in east berlin.It wont affect Hearts ? but it affects our family in that we cannot support them.I think Romanovs stance embarrassing and disgraceful.Its a personal issue.

The People's Chimp

Fair point.I have sons and daughters and grandchildren.Straightforward I dont want CT anywhere near our club.My problem starts next week in Berlin,If Hearts indicate that Thomson is being kept on we wont be at the game.We might be in Hitlers bunker but not in east berlin.It wont affect Hearts ? but it affects our family in that we cannot support them.I think Romanovs stance embarrassing and disgraceful.Its a personal issue.

Calm down. What does having sons, daughters or grandchildren have to do with anything? Other than giving you a right to moral indignation?

the sooner romanov shuts his big, sick, ignorant mouth the better. the stupid idiot harms the hearts everytime he opens his big gob.

alright mr romanov you may own the club but do us all a favour and leave the running of the club to people who know what they are doing.

Independence

the sooner romanov shuts his big, sick, ignorant mouth the better. the stupid idiot harms the hearts everytime he opens his big gob.

alright mr romanov you may own the club but do us all a favour and leave the running of the club to people who know what they are doing.

Nice and based on comments learnt through KB ! There are so many anti Hearts people on here now I do not know who to believe.

Facts with proof please .

HeartsBore1874

i would say that david southern has made the decision to suspend craig thomson due to the damage being caused to the club. vlad is now seething and that is why david southern has been summoned to lithuania. be prepared to see another head on a spike and a new lap dog managing director installed by monday.

Independence

Probably more effective to still go, display a banner before the match and then support the team. However, where are the facts as opposed to anti Mr Romanov and anti Hearts people?

i would say that david southern has made the decision to suspend craig thomson due to the damage being caused to the club. vlad is now seething and that is why david southern has been summoned to lithuania. be prepared to see another head on a spike and a new lap dog managing director installed by monday.

As above, I was led to believe the meeting had taken place. Do not know where or how (i.e. conference call, if we do that sort of thing) and that Southern recommended CT goes, but Vlad is still resisting, which is concerning Umbro.

I am not ITK and have this from a mate who gets some info now and again so it is second or even third hand info, so I am not going to say this is 100% true, as I do not know.

Independence

As above, I was led to believe the meeting had taken place. Do not know where or how (i.e. conference call, if we do that sort of thing) and that Southern recommended CT goes, but Vlad is still resisting, which is concerning Umbro.

I am not ITK and have this from a mate who gets some info now and again so it is second or even third hand info, so I am not going to say this is 100% true, as I do not know.

If you are not sure why do you post? Have you an anti Mr Romanov agenda?

If you are not sure why do you post? Have you an anti Mr Romanov agenda?

Erm, if you have read any of my posts in the past on any subject you will know I do not, quite the opposite.

I do not think anyone knows 100%. I just thought I would share what someone told me a short while ago who gets some info now and again as he knows a few players.

If you had to know 100% about something before posting, there will be very few posts on here.

If, however, you prefer me to lie and state this as absolute fact as some have been culpable of (and got stick for it) then I can.

Independence

From another thread. Jamboroy:

Graham Spiers, Twitter

Hearts set to terminate Craig Thomson?s contract. This kid about to become a pariah of football after this woeful episode. #thetimes

web ? 30/06/2011 22:54

Perhaps the Anti Mr Romanov mob should really cool it ! Put the pitchforks down !

Independence

Erm, if you have read any of my posts in the past on any subject you will know I do not, quite the opposite.

I do not think anyone knows 100%. I just thought I would share what someone told me a short while ago who gets some info now and again as he knows a few players.

If you had to know 100% about something before posting, there will be very few posts on here.

If, however, you prefer me to lie and state this as absolute fact as some have been culpable of (and got stick for it) then I can.

Perhaps instead of jumping on a runaway anti Mr Romanov bandwagon you could restrict your comments to facts especially in relation to this emotional subject !

From another thread. Jamboroy:

Graham Spiers, Twitter

Hearts set to terminate Craig Thomson?s contract. This kid about to become a pariah of football after this woeful episode. #thetimes

web ? 30/06/2011 22:54

Perhaps the Anti Mr Romanov mob should really cool it ! Put the pitchforks down !

Despite you badly misjudging me, if this is true and my info is cack, I agree with you.

Like I said, I am not anti Vlad, look at my post history on this or any other subject.

Perhaps instead of jumping on a runaway anti Mr Romanov bandwagon you could restrict your comments to facts especially in relation to this emotional subject !

Look at my post history.

I just thought I would share what I was told but make it clear it was not fact.

I shall look out for your posts in the future to ensure everything you say is 100% absolute fact.

Independence

Despite you badly misjudging me, if this is true and my info is cack, I agree with you.

Like I said, I am not anti Vlad, look at my post history on this or any other subject.

Apologies if I have misjudged you but a lot of people need to have a good hard look at themselves after all the nonsense that has been spouted on Kickback over the last week.

I accept that many comments will have been from non/anti Hearts people.

Archived