Your honest opinion........

Debut 4

I`m looking for serious answers. I like banter on threads and having a laugh etc.. but what is everyones genuine feeling towards what will happen regarding the management/playing side?

Having supposedly knocked back a major friendly and intertoto participation it seems there have been real concerns about this seasons performance.

There seems a determination to get it right next year. Have the board finally accepted their own ways are not working? But on the otherhand when they give a player an extended year`s loan it sends the fans into deeper paranoia that Vlad will still be pulling the strings on the playing side.

After all the sheeite that has gone on over the last two years i still believe(there`s that word again) Vlad has a desire to do well for Hearts.

Has it all been one big bad mistake since he sacked Burley and a learning curve for him over the last two seasons?

My own opinion is, he`ll appoint someone who`ll split the fans opinion because Vlad will still want some sort of say on team matters.

What we wish for is sometimes different to what we get, but will Vlad shift the percentage in favour of the new manager?:kickhat::soccer::icon14:

Geoff Kilpatrick

I think the fans will be split by an appointment, because some will think that we won't be able to achieve success under the new appointment.

There will be question marks raised as well over the standard of signings he'll make.

oh ah grantona

my thoughts is we will go back to a burley situation(i.e type of manager allowed his free reign of team some players his some vlads the big question is will vlad be able to do it for longer than 11 games ) with a few players coming in but a lot going out. Our aim will be third and all the 5yrs bla bla will be reset to start this summer.

The thing is vlad this season may and prob will be hit hard with season ticket renewals dropping (hence why he will be here till end of season to show he is interseted still). The big problem this time people have seen it before and arent getting sucked in( me being one, i havent been back since the semi final and wont renew this season also due to first house purchase but i am getting the buzz from the vlad factor), But i am fighting to see what happens regard management dont care bout the team as long as manager has full say. Next season i will pick and choose games.

also i think we are staying at tynie this year because we will lose alot of season tickets and hearts hope for big season so the year after at murryfield we could already have the 20k+ season ticket holders to fill new stadium

Pete Seeger

I think there are signs that he's going to change and go for quality over quantity. I still think we'll get another yes man as manager though. Hopefully i'm wrong regarding the manager. Whatever happens changes will have to be made over the summer and here's hoping they are good ones

I think the fans will be split by an appointment, because some will think that we won't be able to achieve success under the new appointment.

There will be question marks raised as well over the standard of signings he'll make.

Which would still be the case if Jose Mourinho was unveiled as head coach with Christiano Ronaldo and Ronaldinho as his first signings.

I think we'll make moves for two different managers and they will both turn us down for a better offer else where and we will end up with JJ.

We will then go on to sell a few key players and give youth a chance along side Kingston and another 'star' player brought in - this will be enuff to get us 3rd next year as the quality in the SPL is atrocious... with any luck Strapon will still be in a job and we could sneak 2nd!

Guest JamboRobbo

I think the majority of people at our club know what needs to be done and have done all along. Campbell Ogilvie certainly does, hence he's been making all the right noises at every opportunity.

At the moment, it would appear CO is being allowed to do his thing. So long as this continues, without interference, I've little doubt we'll be heading in the right direction.

As soon as the interference from Lithuania comes into play again, I fear we'll be right back where we started VERY quickly.

It takes a lot less time for bad decisions to destroy things than it does for good decisions to build things.

Pete Seeger
What I think will happen.

I think we will be linked with McGee we will have talks with him. It will be a bit of a drawn out affair, however, will fall down at the last moment. It will be some minor thing perhaps length of contract or finance. Though it will be made clear it was not because he felt Vlad would interfere in team selection, concensions tied into the contract would sort this out.

I think we will then after a bit of a search appoint Frail. None of the other canditates were better. Will ensure continuity, the players like him etc. Form was much better when he took over.

I think Hearts will dramatically trim the wage bill back. With the likes of Kingston being moved on. Generally high earners will be moved on or loaned out.

Hearts first team squad will be made up the existing players. With the youngsters making up the rest of the numbers. I also think we will see a couple of Kaunas players come in after a trial. Being signed, however, Frail will publicly state they are good additions to the squad.

I think Vlad intreference will then return. Though I do not think it will be as blatant in the past.

Performances on the park will be inconsistent and we will be fighting mid table.

Can i change my option to that one. That is a very likely outcome for next season imo.

I think we will be linked with McGee we will have talks with him. It will be a bit of a drawn out affair, however, will fall down at the last moment. It will be some minor thing perhaps length of contract or finance. Though it will be made clear it was not because he felt Vlad would interfere in team selection, concensions tied into the contract would sort this out.

I think we will then after a bit of a search appoint Frail. None of the other canditates were better. Will ensure continuity, the players like him etc. Form was much better when he took over.

I think Hearts will dramatically trim the wage bill back. With the likes of Kingston being moved on. Generally high earners will be moved on or loaned out.

Hearts first team squad will be made up the existing players. With the youngsters making up the rest of the numbers. I also think we will see a couple of Kaunas players come in after a trial. Being signed, however, Frail will publicly state they are good additions to the squad.

I think Vlad intreference will then return. Though I do not think it will be as blatant in the past.

Performances on the park will be inconsistent and we will be fighting mid table.

Absolutely spot on m8.

Long drawn out affair with "new" manager, only to be turned down due to some wee factor.. (If not Mcgee then maybe Levein or Billy Davies..) Certainly all the names that have been linked, expect to be linked again with no substance or intention from Vlad to actually sign someone.

Emphasis on youth, although due to meddling behind scenes they'll be the reason we are languishing again after xmas and the team will need to be bolstered with solid lithuanians.. ho hum... can't wait!!

Thanks for the Apathy Vlad, matchdays are so special now!!!

My thoughts, based on what I have been told, are consitent with what has been developing since January:

Namely: CO now has control of the Management of the Club and this includes working with Vlad and the "manager" to identify which players are to be brought in or promoted.

My view is that a Manager, senior in status to Frail, will be actively sought, but that Frail will keep control for longer if it is deemed to be needed and there will be no panic appointments.

Any manager in future will have selection control and influence over player deals, however, they will be likely to have to make a major committment to purchasing/using younger players (better sell on value) and a few experienced players for balance.

There will be major rebuilding of the team.

We will not splash out ?m plus fees and wages will be higher than the likes of Hibs and others, but no where near Rantic levels.

Will this bring success? I don't know, but I think it is better than the boom and bust that we have all lived through

I think theres every chance Frail will still be in control through preseason and at the start of next season hense the decicion to give the intertoto cup and its backdoor to europe a miss...

Hagar the Horrible

Last year pre-season was a disaster under malofeev, then we had the Barca game, (made loadsadosh but timing was terrible?) yet we looked so unfit in the first league game and tactically inept? we need to get it right this time and give Nade a double session??????:eek:

portobellojambo1
I`m looking for serious answers. I like banter on threads and having a laugh etc.. but what is everyones genuine feeling towards what will happen regarding the management/playing side?

Having supposedly knocked back a major friendly and intertoto participation it seems there have been real concerns about this seasons performance.

There seems a determination to get it right next year. Have the board finally accepted their own ways are not working? But on the otherhand when they give a player an extended year`s loan it sends the fans into deeper paranoia that Vlad will still be pulling the strings on the playing side.

After all the sheeite that has gone on over the last two years i still believe(there`s that word again) Vlad has a desire to do well for Hearts.

Has it all been one big bad mistake since he sacked Burley and a learning curve for him over the last two seasons?

My own opinion is, he`ll appoint someone who`ll split the fans opinion because Vlad will still want some sort of say on team matters.

What we wish for is sometimes different to what we get, but will Vlad shift the percentage in favour of the new manager?:kickhat::soccer::icon14:

Not sure what will happen Debut 4. I think what the last 3 years have proven is you should never try to second guess what is going through the mind of the owner.

Whoever is appointed not everyone will be happy, but that is nothing new, that situation has existed forever and a day, and applied even under George Burley (although most of those who sided with the decision to remove him did so after his removal, I cannot recall anyone complaining during the period he was in charge, only after he was gone did certain posters start to complain about the performances).

Will wait and see how it pans out, and hope that what is to come is better than what we have put up with in the recent past.

All very good responses. I suppose we are all in the dark when it comes to the reality but we all do our best to piece together our thoughts from what we have experienced under the current regime.

I really really hope it has got to a stage where Vlad knows he must loosen off, but if he does, does that mean financially he`ll tighten up?

I think the new manager won`t mind being told we`re bringing in decent players recommended by Vlad(if anything like Larry!) but he`ll expect to be given full control over team selection and also given some free reign to bring in players of his choice.

If a wee bit of control is still held by Vlad but mostly held by the manager i`m sure we`ll all be a bit happier. It would still keep Vlad in the background but keep him contented.(we hope)

Buffalo Bill

I like Frail but I hope to God he doesn't get the job, otherwise the Jan 1st statement becomes a badly-worded farce.

I hope we get a 'decent' manager in (McGhee would be great IMO), who has a Vlad-proof contract as is allowed to get on with the job of clearing out the dead wood, and bringing in guys that wil burst a gut for him.

Instead of 30-odd players, we only need a squad of 20. Use whatever budget for quality, rather than quantity.

If I can see a decent manager manage a decent team from a smaller squad then I'll be happy, because Hearts will probably be doing quite well.

'Common sense', is all we need.

Buffalo Bill

I like Frail but I hope to God he doesn't get the job, otherwise the Jan 1st statement becomes a badly-worded farce.

I hope we get a 'decent' manager in (McGhee would be great IMO), who has a Vlad-proof contract as is allowed to get on with the job of clearing out the dead wood, and bringing in guys that wil burst a gut for him.

Instead of 30-odd players, we only need a squad of 20. Use whatever budget for quality, rather than quantity.

If I can see a decent manager manage a decent team from a smaller squad then I'll be happy, because Hearts will probably be doing quite well.

'Common sense', is all we need.

Buffalo Bill

Agree, get the squad balanced to cope with injuries. There will always be players who can play 2 or 3 positions so i never have understood the need for a huge squad.

Get a core of 15, 16 regulars(excluding goalies) and top up with promising youngsters.

In fairness I don't think anyone could accuse Hearts of making a panic appointment!

Part of the problem, rightly or wrongly, as more time pass. People will come to the conclusion that Hearts/Vlad don't want to change their ways.

Whilst, its important to make the right appointment, you need to be willing to make an appointment as opposed to making excuses about not finding the right canditate.[/quote

Ok, I'm only going on what I read here but a lot of those fans are clearly saying that this is perhaps his last chance. Also anybody reading JKB on behalf of HMFC will surely see that the 'right man not being available' will simply not wash this time. If he wants to have a successful football side in

his portfolio ..........then he must accept plan A didn't work and a more UK shaped plan B must be employed For what it's worth I don't subscribe to this systematic dismantling theory though. I believe that Vlad thought, having scooshed the Alyga ( sp ) with monotonous regularity and having watched the OF do the same here, that he could just come over and do likewise?

It has taken rather longer than it should to realise life's never that easy though. Also I was as gutted as anyone when burley got bulleted but I think, having picked him out of relative obscurity if that's fair, that Vlad thought any Tom, Dick or Harry could just pick up the reins and carry on similar domination. Pressley, hmmm that's a bit trickier - and the freezing out of players, well maybe just harsh business practice being employed where it really doesn't belong or work !

I'm still listening for the toot of the happy train though :dribble:

The Old Tolbooth

The one chink of light that I cling to is that Campbell Ogilvie is a top bloke with very good credentials, if he was unhappy at the way the club is being run then I'm pretty sure he would have no problem finding another job of the same stature.

The very fact that he's accepted his new post and appears happy to stay has to be looked on as a positive, and that's basically why I think a manager will be appointed with full autonomy over team affairs.

If Campbell had declined the post, or walked (or had been sacked) before now, then all hope would have been completely lost.

rudi must stay

my honest opinion, very very honst opinion is that nothing will happen and Frail will be given the job full-time.

Remember last summer we were on the look-out and **** all happened, come to think of it we were the summer before that too.

There's a theme there..

Spot on - although I suspect Frail was the intended manager all along and any approach for anyone else will be based on Romanov knowing he won't come.

I think that there will be a number of high profile managers mentioned as potential candidates, most of whom the fans would gladly accept. As well as the high profile managers, several high profile players will also be linked to the club, which will lead to mass hysteria and fans will be clambering to get their season tickets purchased only for it to fall flat on it's face with Frail given the job and new "signings" being players on loan from Kaunas. Kingston will sold and none of the money that was brought in via him, Velicka or Gordon will go to buying new players and we will be in much the same position as we are just now, hoping for results to go our way just to get into the top six.

Dirk Diggler

Someone will be appointed and it won't be Frail imo.

I doubt everyone will be happy, but I think they will see out what they said on Jan 1st.

How long he is in that position I don't know.

My genuine feelings are that we will continue to have far too many Lithuanians who are not good enough for the SPL in the squad/team.

Other than that I have absolutely no idea and wouldn't be surprised if Vlad doesn't either.

Dirk Diggler
My genuine feelings are that we will continue to have far too many Lithuanians who are not good enough for the SPL in the squad/team.

Other than that I have absolutely no idea and wouldn't be surprised if Vlad doesn't either.

Strange you should say that given several Lithuanian players have recently left the club.

Gigolo-Aunt
Strange you should say that given several Lithuanian players have recently left the club.

Beat me to it. It would appear someone does indeed know what they are doing.

Alittle late - but the message has been sent out IMO.

Mark McGhee will get the job, and I will be relatively happy as I feel he could have a similar impact to George Burley

I take your point m8 but I still think we have too many who have had more than enough chances. Do you feel the likes of Miko and Chesney for example should still be here? I reckon Vlad brought them over to put them in the shop window and that we will continue to persevere with them rather than give some of the U19's a try for the long-term good of the team. If we don't end up in the top 6 I would hope most jambos would agree that it's time to give others their chance but I just can't see that happening.

Dirk Diggler
I take your point m8 but I still think we have too many who have had more than enough chances. Do you feel the likes of Miko and Chesney for example should still be here? I reckon Vlad brought them over to put them in the shop window and that we will continue to persevere with them rather than give some of the U19's a try for the long-term good of the team. If we don't end up in the top 6 I would hope most jambos would agree that it's time to give others their chance but I just can't see that happening.

I would get rid of Zaliukas, Ksanavicius and Ivaskevicius (although I do think he has something).

I'd be happy to start next season with both Miko and Chesney in our squad.

We'll get a manager who will have full control over team training and selection.

Vlad will still have transfer control with some input from the manager.

i agree although the fans will unite to begin with and give the new manager a chance in the hope that he will bring success to the hearts.

the fans will only turn on a new manager when they believe he's useless or a romanov puppet.

let's hope romanov gets it right for once.

I think the majority of people at our club know what needs to be done and have done all along. Campbell Ogilvie certainly does, hence he's been making all the right noises at every opportunity.

At the moment, it would appear CO is being allowed to do his thing. So long as this continues, without interference, I've little doubt we'll be heading in the right direction.

As soon as the interference from Lithuania comes into play again, I fear we'll be right back where we started VERY quickly.

It takes a lot less time for bad decisions to destroy things than it does for good decisions to build things.

Totally agree.

What I will say, is for the majority of Hearts fans to accept that it is a "real" appointment of a manager, he needs to be a recognisable name, someone that the fans would think "there is no way that he would let VR tell HIM how to manage a club".

Obviously, IMO.

scott herbertson
Totally agree.

What I will say, is for the majority of Hearts fans to accept that it is a "real" appointment of a manager, he needs to be a recognisable name, someone that the fans would think "there is no way that he would let VR tell HIM how to manage a club".

Obviously, IMO.

How many managers really fall into that category

Managers are paid employees - see my Burley quote in my signature...

Of the managers around at the moment I would say Levein, Martin O'Neill, Mowbray. Harry Kinnear, Billy Davies are the sort of people you are talking about but how many of them want to work for Vr? He's a given - so who's the best we can get who will be able to work with VR

Levein would be my man

portobellojambo1

Of the managers around at the moment I would say Levein, Martin O'Neill, Mowbray. Harry Kinnear, Billy Davies are the sort of people you are talking about but how many of them want to work for Vr? He's a given - so who's the best we can get who will be able to work with VR

Levein would be my man

I agree that initially that is going to be the problem Scott. It is OK for VR to say he has changed, for the club to say they have changed, but recent history has not been good for us as far as attracting a manager. I am not for 1 minute suggesting that VR will not change, I don't have the capability to look inside his head and see what he is really thinking, but I think the reality is the sort of appointment some are looking for may not come until after the next manager has been in place, and we can judge for ourselves. Whoever comes in first will effectively be the dummy run, someone through whom we can determine if change really is coming about (despite everything that has happened since 1 January I am not convinced that what has happened under Frail will act as the catalyst to attracting this big name many are hoping for), the appointment after that may be the one we are hoping for.

My honest opinion is that it would not take a huge effort to make a push at the right end of the table.

We've had a couple of real gubbings of the OF this year but I dont rate there squads that highly.

Another closed season like 05 and we could be right back in there

1) Get a halfway decent manager and give them full say on team matters.

2) Get the right type of players at Tynie i.e. hungry and with something to prove. Not folk like Nade who are just here for a few bob.

3) Sit back and enjoy.

All the way through the last two years, the most frustrating thing to deal with is that the vast majority of our wounds have been self inflicted. Well, Vlad inflicted.

Time to butt out or we will plunge further into the abyss.

brellierlegend

There are definately signs that Romanov may change but I am fearful that and maybe a little sceptical that the Mark Mcghee/Craig Levein shortlist was released to the press close to season ticket renewal time.

However, I really hope Vlad has seen the error of his ways and will keep out of team affairs!

Levein would be my man

Many managers IMO.

I do not feel that the manager has to be from the British Isles, he simply needs to be a recognised manager that has been at other clubs and succeeded.

As for who would want to work for VR, that is the doozy. I personally believe it will take what I have referred to as a "Robertson clause" in the past given Robertson insisting that it was in his Livingston contract that he controlled team matters.

Say, for example, Mark McGhee came in and insisted that He would love to manage Hearts but he MUST be given guarantees about his role. If it was in his contract that he was in charge of the half dozen things I listed in Iain's thread on the Members lounge, then I think many managers that would have ruled us out would consider us an interesting prospect again.

Agree with Big husref, we just need a recognised manager who we know has a bit experience behind him and doesn`t have to be British.

Ok, experienced managers can fail too but i`d put money on him doing well in Scottish football. Hearts showed two years ago it doesn`t take alot to put a challenge in if you have the right management set-up and 5 or 6 quality players pulling the strings.

Afterall, we ARE one of the bigger clubs in Scotland and should be up there.

I predict that all predictions on this thread will be wrong

Including that one

CANNOT COMPUTE

SYSTEMS MALFUNCTION

------------------

Archived