City of Edinburgh Council urge Hearts to reconsiderr their handling of the Thomson situation

Jasonauskas

...a bit disco

I saw this today

http://local.stv.tv/...er-banning-him/

I am sure those our council leisure centres. If they are, then they perhaps should get their own house in order.

If they are not, then you can just ignore me.

Bang on the money SS!

Pool Perv

Bang on the money SS!

Pool Perv

I wonder if all the schools will pull out swimming classes.

These kids were put in far more risk than any kid will at a Hearts training session.

...a bit disco

I wonder if all the schools will pull out swimming classes.

These kids were put in far more risk than any kid will at a Hearts training session.

Time for a protest march!

Why are the council wasting their time getting involved in this?

******* arses.

Haven't they got budgets to cut, staff to sack and trams to waffle on about?

I'm in. I will get my speedos out!

Take away the 's' and this reads somewhat different, ironically. :)

Take away the 's' and this reads somewhat different, ironically. :)

Just as well my typing was correct for once.

...a bit disco

15683611.jpg

This is a protest that could go horribly wrong if we're not careful!

...a bit disco

Bang on the money SS. :thumb:

<_<

15683611.jpg

This is a protest that could go horribly wrong if we're not careful!

We would need to be careful with the pitchfork.

...a bit disco

We would need to be careful with the pitchfork.

Not to mention the burning torch!

:o

We could of course ram them up the Rses of the incompetent and hypocritical councillors that are telling Hearts what their responsibilities are.

What is the Councils suggestions for Thomson's employment /rehabilitation then?

Hearts sack him and where would they like him employed or is he destined to be permanently unemployable and therefore a drain on society?

Where is the statment from the Council etc regarding the lack of jail sentance for Thomson, that wasn't Hearts decision?

I don't want Thomson at the club, but I think the damage has been done by not sacking him and releasing the statement on Friday. Sacking him now will not take back all the negative publicity we have recieved.

You with your hypothetical knowledge of child protection legislation may have the answers to the questions you pose I take it?

I'd suggest that rehabilitation is in order but from what I've seen so far in both the club's and Thomson's statements this is low on the agenda. That is what is sickening people (beyonf the original offences) and that is why the furore is growing legs.

I can only hope that there are forces within the club explaining to Romanov the damage this is doing and that we can withdraw from this with what little dignity we have left. What we're looking at at the moment strikes me as a club where various bodies are in conflict as to how to handle this situation, not that different from other situations since Romanov arrived at Tynecastle but this time with consequences reaching way beyond the simple running of a football club and all that that entails.

I'd suggest that if the Council had nothing to say when a major institution within it's remit was going through the problems that Hearts currently are with all the implications that this entails then that Council isn't functioning correctly. I'll bet you a pound to a million that if this had been a council employee his feet wouldn't have touched the ground and I'll also state that if the council had behaved as Hearts had done recently then the City Chambers would lie smouldering by now.

the same lot who are in charge of the trams lol and thr FRAUD involned with the stat Notices

You will now explain to me why this absolves Hearts from their reponsibilities to the wider community?

We could of course ram them up the Rses of the incompetent and hypocritical councillors that are telling Hearts what their responsibilities are.

Or we could recognise our moral responsibilty to the community we function in and do the right thing while not looking for a get-out clause every time an opinion is expressed on this matter?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Or we could recognise our moral responsibilty to the community we function in and do the right thing while not looking for a get-out clause every time an opinion is expressed on this matter?

We could. However, playing devil's advocate, if HMFC said their moral responsibility was to help rehabilitate their employee into society, is that immoral?

Possibly but some might think Geoff is right too.

I am not looking for a get out clause. However it is not right that the council lecture us on child safety when they themselves allowed a sex offender in a swimming pool with a bunch of school kids.

Mr Brightside

You with your hypothetical knowledge of child protection legislation may have the answers to the questions you pose I take it?

I'd suggest that rehabilitation is in order but from what I've seen so far in both the club's and Thomson's statements this is low on the agenda. That is what is sickening people (beyonf the original offences) and that is why the furore is growing legs.

I can only hope that there are forces within the club explaining to Romanov the damage this is doing and that we can withdraw from this with what little dignity we have left. What we're looking at at the moment strikes me as a club where various bodies are in conflict as to how to handle this situation, not that different from other situations since Romanov arrived at Tynecastle but this time with consequences reaching way beyond the simple running of a football club and all that that entails.

I'd suggest that if the Council had nothing to say when a major institution within it's remit was going through the problems that Hearts currently are with all the implications that this entails then that Council isn't functioning correctly. I'll bet you a pound to a million that if this had been a council employee his feet wouldn't have touched the ground and I'll also state that if the council had behaved as Hearts had done recently then the City Chambers would lie smouldering by now.

I am afraid I don't have the answers, I just find it inappropriate for the council to be making these comments.

I can agree and understand with children's charities making these comments but not the council.

Some kind of rehabilitation is required and I would have thought the council has experience of rehabilitating sex offenders and finding them suitable workplaces and monitoring them at these workplaces.

john brownlee

Possibly but some might think Geoff is right too.

I am not looking for a get out clause. However it is not right that the council lecture us on child safety when they themselves allowed a sex offender in a swimming pool with a bunch of school kids.

another thing, might be just a tad of course here but some people, and there are quite a few that are against children as young as ten being taught sex education in our schools, now some may say that's morally wrong and is a form of grooming and encouraging children to be sexually active at a young age. I'm not sure, but they must be showing pictures or at least drawings of genitalia. should we remove our kids from school because of the cooncils policy of sex education I know that some parents have already done so, in other county councils.

I do think Hearts are going in the right direction and it won't be long before he leaves our club and we can get this whole sordid affair behind us.

We could. However, playing devil's advocate, if HMFC said their moral responsibility was to help rehabilitate their employee into society, is that immoral?

But we haven't seen that have we Geoff, all we've had so far is a statement blaming events on outside forces which seems to lay little of the culpability for this at the door of the offender.

Geoff Kilpatrick

But we haven't seen that have we Geoff, all we've had so far is a statement blaming events on outside forces which seems to lay little of the culpability for this at the door of the offender.

No argument there (and as I said, I'm deliberately playing devil's advocate) but even if the club had said that we still would have seen campaigns to get rid.

Alba gu Brath

Good post. In my line of work with a local authority, I need a Disclosure check for every job or promotion I apply for. If I even get done for shoplifting or breach of the peace then I could conceivably lose my employment. Why should an 'alleged' serial sex offender keep his job at a major sporting and community institution like Hearts?

The council is only doing its job. Though possibly due to the many Jambos in various elected and unelected positions they also speak from a sense of shame that a proud institution like Hearts has an owner who is willing to sack managers on a whim but will strive to keep a borderline child abuser on the payroll.

To think, all these years having a laugh at the likes of Celtic Boys Club, John Leslie of Beaster Road and the Catholic Church cover-ups of abuse... and now I, and others, are having to argue that Hearts shouldn't employ a sex-offender!!

Mr Brightside

The council is only doing its job. Though possibly due to the many Jambos in various elected and unelected positions they also speak from a sense of shame that a proud institution like Hearts has an owner who is willing to sack managers on a whim but will strive to keep a borderline child abuser on the payroll.

Why do you feel that its the council's job to tell Hearts to sack Thomson?

I want Thomson sacked for what he has done, but as far as I am concerned the Council are a government body as are the courts who have already decided on a punishment for Thomson (?4K fine and 5 years on the SOR).

I just don't feel that the council should be advocating for one sex offender to be removed from employment when in all likelihood they are activiely trying to find employent for other sex offenders, not specifically employment whithin the council but in suitable workplaces.

Good post. In my line of work with a local authority, I need a Disclosure check for every job or promotion I apply for. If I even get done for shoplifting or breach of the peace then I could conceivably lose my employment. Why should an 'alleged' serial sex offender keep his job at a major sporting and community institution like Hearts?

To think, all these years having a laugh at the likes of Celtic Boys Club, John Leslie of Beaster Road and the Catholic Church cover-ups of abuse... and now I, and others, are having to argue that Hearts shouldn't employ a sex-offender!!

Shame the council did not do their job when they let a sex offender in a swimming pool with school kids at two separate leisure centres.

As for the last paragraph, that I do agree with and is a further example why some of those foaming at the mouth need to look at themselves. They venomously attack CT and Hearts but happy to laugh, sing and joke about far more serious cases of child abuse just because Celtic are in town.

Archived