the fist of gorgie

GD_JAMBO

ok, i'm going to stick up for maroon plantoon or whatever it was called before. That was a incentive by the club to get the supporters more involved in making tynecastle a great day out for the family etc. Now there are people who like the fireworks before kick-off and nobs flying thru the air at half time if thats your thing fair enough. I'm more interested in football on the pitch, i can't think of many big games at tynie when the atmosphere is not class, which leads me to believe that the problem is not that big. We clearly have 2 main sections that sing more than most, these are not fake, these have developed over time and are recognise by fellow supporters for what they are, why in gods name do you feel the need to rename them? Any made up group will always get belters because it is fake, we as football fans always talk about the history of the club and past experience, we have a low threshold for phoney *******s trying to represent us!

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See all these ultras groups across the world right? Can anyone name me one in the EPL?

I doubt it and that's because British clubs have always had areas of the ground where the singers naturally go. Think Stretford End, The Kop, Lower Glwadys...up here The Jungle, The Shed, Fir Park East Stand, Copland Road end.

These ultras groups no doubt start with a noble enough intention but they've been proven to look rubbish, sound rubbish and make fans cringe.

Hearts needs a proper organic atmosphere that comes from enthusiastic fans buying STs in G and N where they know there's a song to be had, and getting involved themselves to get the noise going. It also needs a decent team on the pitch IMO. No ones needs Facebook to invent an atmosphere ffs.

how have they been proven to be rubbish on the mainland in europe the things they do are massive and they sound brilliant :thumbsup:

i do agree that people know to go to g and n but not every1 can get in i tried and all the season tickets were gone so i just had to renew were i was sitting

im hardly seething i was passing on some info i heard. so now im not allowed to defend myself from people insulting me and its not as bad a idea as people made out plus the name has been changed and i didnt say all kb members dont go to games i am fully aware that there are people with over 1000 posts that go

Are you really really sure you should not be at school? Anyway, spelling and grammar aside (not important in the greater scheme of things but I do like to see them correct)this must be a wind up. I would really like to say it sounds a great idea, but what next, Kazoos?

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

how have they been proven to be rubbish on the mainland in europe the things they do are massive and they sound brilliant :thumbsup:

I'm sorry but that's a gash argument. It might work in Europe but it won't work here.

Here are some Czech ultras doing hardbass dancing - apparently it's all the rage around Central/Eastern Europe and they clearly think it's amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yosoR6dA5Xk

Having watched the video, I don't think we should adopt it for Tynecastle. Mainly because it looks ******* ridic laugh.gif and we'd get ripped to shreds. Just as we would if we got an ultras section or whatever.

Anyone watch the bit at 1:30 when they're in the shopping centre? :rofl: I can imagine Section N being up for mincing around the Gyle.

Did you no bother reading the post naw?

The bits about how the dinnae work in Britain aye? How they've never worked in Britain yup?

Go ahead and do it son. Yous will be every bit as big a laughing stock as hibs 12th man.

oh sorry i thought you meant all over the world i agree

At a few games last season, a few noisey Jambos in the corporate section of the Gorgie stand really helped raise the atmosphere. Any one remember this? A few songs were even started in the Gorgie stand!!

It goes to show what a relatively small group of people prepared to make an effort can achieve. I respect what the OP is trying to achieve and I'm not going to facepalm and ridicule like some of the other big post count cretins on this site are doing.

This forum is going downhill rapidly. :down:

The People's Chimp

I'm sorry but that's a gash argument. It might work in Europe but it won't work here.

Here are some Czech ultras doing hardbass dancing - apparently it's all the rage around Central/Eastern Europe and they clearly think it's amazing.

Having watched the video, I don't think we should adopt it for Tynecastle. Mainly because it looks ******* ridic laugh.gif and we'd get ripped to shreds. Just as we would if we got an ultras section or whatever.

Anyone watch the bit at 1:30 when they're in the shopping centre? :rofl: I can imagine Section N being up for mincing around the Gyle.

Gd_Jambo and his hardbass ultras. THE FIST OF GORGIE, PUMPING IT UP.

:cornette:

To be fair though, that video is fecking genius. Absolutely one of the funniest things I've seen all year. The shopping centre scene is immense. :rofl:

Gd_Jambo and his hardbass ultras. THE FIST OF GORGIE, PUMPING IT UP.

To be fair though, that video is fecking genius. Absolutely one of the funniest things I've seen all year. The shopping centre scene is immense. :rofl:

:teehee:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

This is still making me chuckle. Someone genuinely came up with this idea. Unbelievable scenes Jeff

Oneneilberry

I can't remember the last time I laughed so much!no wonder they're wearing masks FFS

Fist of Gorgie hardcore dance troop, for this reason I'm out!

rossthejambo

Were the Clique blamed for this piss poor idea being taken to the cleaners?

In all honesty, what difference will a singing section make? The rest of the ground will still be quiet when St Mirren and St Johnstone come a calling.

Dr. Bapswent

i know loads of people that dont post on here and they go to every game and the reason is loads of people who read this site regularly dont post because its full of people who dont go to the games and sit on here on a matchday posting facepalms and a large majority seem to have a problem with people who dont have over 1000 posts

You know loads of people that don't post on here...

How many....thousands?

Enough to make your point of view more valid than the thousands on KB?

Even if some don't go to games....do you think you know more people who go to games and don't post on KB that post on KB and DO go to games?

I bet I have more friends than you have cows....

You really are far of the mark with this one.

best thing to do would be bow out gracefully while you're miles behind.

At a few games last season, a few noisey Jambos in the corporate section of the Gorgie stand really helped raise the atmosphere. Any one remember this? A few songs were even started in the Gorgie stand!!

It goes to show what a relatively small group of people prepared to make an effort can achieve. I respect what the OP is trying to achieve and I'm not going to facepalm and ridicule like some of the other big post count cretins on this site are doing.

why is the forum going downhill? because some independently thinking people have the sheer cheek to disagree with an idea that they (rightly) think is absolute shite?

maybe we should all just agree with and congratulate every single bird-brained scheme dreamed up by anyone.

vintage1874

I remember it well nearly choked on my prawn piece and my tartan blanket nearly blew away :whistling:

It is great when the singing hits the gorgie tho

rossthejambo

Didn't notice this post first time, but the only people who care about peoples post counts are the precious shits that can't take the flak for posting nonsense.

You'd never think that some people on here were adults with the amount of huffs and tantrums that get thrown on here because they got the piss taken out them by people on the internet.

Buffalo Bill

I'm sorry, but I just can't get over this.

It's the worst idea since Ian Beale grew a moustache.

image-6-for-25-years-of-eastenders-beale-life-gallery-619179953.jpg

ianremorse.jpg

what has dancing got to do with a singing section

What does fisting have to do with a singing section?

why is the forum going downhill? because some independently thinking people have the sheer cheek to disagree with an idea that they (rightly) think is absolute shite?

maybe we should all just agree with and congratulate every single bird-brained scheme dreamed up by anyone.

this forum is going downhill because there are grown men of 50 that trash talk teenagers thinking they are the bigman its got nothing to do with peoples ideas getting shot down or post counts the patter is always the same now its facepalms on every thread and generally very few ideas are accepted and b4 someone comes on and says your only saying this because your idea was bad it wasnt even my idea i was simply passing on info

What does fisting have to do with a singing section?

em read my posts i told you that the person who started this was open to suggestions on how 2 improve it that includes the name which has been changed

this forum is going downhill because there are grown men of 50 that trash talk teenagers thinking they are the bigman its got nothing to do with peoples ideas getting shot down or post counts the patter is always the same now its facepalms on every thread and generally very few ideas are accepted and b4 someone comes on and says your only saying this because your idea was bad it wasnt even my idea i was simply passing on info

For something that wasn't your idea, you're sure taking the criticism very personally.

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

That's one of the best videos ever posted on here. The guy that runs up the tiny bit on the fountain!

Didn't even notice him.

Amazing.

For something that wasn't your idea, you're sure taking the criticism very personally.

thats because most people started having a go at me plus the person who started it was on this thread earlier so u can see it wasnt my plan

rossthejambo

Trash talk? Who even speaks like that? :blink:

I'm nowhere near 50 btw :thumbsup:

that's exactly the point chief. it doesn't matter if it's your 'baby' or not because it's the shite idea that's at the centre of any hilarity, not you or anyone else.

as ross said, folk are incredibly precious on here and the wimpy get-out clause is always to moan about cliques and facepalms.

if an idea is pure shit then it deserves 'the treatment'.

Ray Winstone

'trash talk' ?

:keys:

mahgrassyshoes

This thread has gone way off topic....

As has already been said the name is pretty tragic, but the boy has said he open to change.

The big thing for me though is the guy has basically taken what we have already got and tried to give it a name. It's basically section's G & N under a banner without sectarianism, racist, general naughty behaviour. I'm failing to see how this will make a difference against St Mirren, St Johnstone and the like...

em read my posts i told you that the person who started this was open to suggestions on how 2 improve it that includes the name which has been changed

What does 'Aggro' have to do with singing then? Are you are going to be singing the songs of this guy. :blink:

We all know this isn't your idea, and none of the insults are aimed at you directly, so don't get so damn precious about it.

Trash talk? Who even speaks like that? :blink:

I'm nowhere near 50 btw :thumbsup:

my mind went blank 4 a sec trash talk was all i could think of lol

Vlad-Stupid

I don't think it's a very good idea. And neither does Fisto.

fisto1.jpg

I hate to think how many disturbing pictures you had to flick through to find Fistomellow.gif

I don't think it's a very good idea. And neither does Fisto.

fisto1.jpg

fisto looks like he's shat his pants. maybe that's why he has a funny look on his pus.

Vlad-Stupid

fisto looks like he's shat his pants. maybe that's why he has a funny look on his pus.

Maybe he's read this thread

Walter Kidd

Did your teacher never let you know about punctuation?

Good idea, terrible name.

:dealwithit:

that's exactly the point chief. it doesn't matter if it's your 'baby' or not because it's the shite idea that's at the centre of any hilarity, not you or anyone else.

as ross said, folk are incredibly precious on here and the wimpy get-out clause is always to moan about cliques and facepalms.

if an idea is pure shit then it deserves 'the treatment'.

im not getting precious any1 that knows me knows im not the type to get precious why would some1 get precious over a forum on the internet but why do people immediately attack some1 who says the forum has gone downhill its all about opinions and that could be thought of as being precious

rossthejambo

im not getting precious any1 that knows me knows im not the type to get precious why would some1 get precious over a forum on the internet but why do people immediately attack some1 who says the forum has gone downhill its all about opinions and that could be thought of as being precious

See that there? That's a full stop.

not really chief. i'm in the 'anything goes' camp when it comes to here.

Vlad-Stupid

Why do people who barely post always say that the forum is going "downhill"?

Kickback rule #39

If a shite idea is ridiculed for being shite, it is because the forum has went downhill and/or somebody posted a facepalm

Ray Winstone

Is the 'FIST OF GORGIE' like the 'FLOWER OF SCOTLAND'?

We could get Ronnie Brown along to help the singing section...

Having watched the video, I don't think we should adopt it for Tynecastle. Mainly because it looks ******* ridic :lol: and we'd get ripped to shreds. Just as we would if we got an ultras section or whatever.

Hahahaha brilliant :lol:

No wonder they've got their faces covered up :lol:

Archived