Hearts Heritage

Great song but not out till '79.

My dad tells me I was there that day but can't quite remember :unsure:

Hearts Heritage

Great song but not out till '79.

My dad tells me I was there that day but can't quite remember :unsure:

Maybe they read the headline :whistling:

Maybe they read the headline :whistling:

Ha ha possibly, saw them two weeks ago and it's safe to say they should probably have retired in '79 also :lol:

Interesting to read JJ had a big gob even back then :ninja:

1978082601.jpg

I was out before the game started , back in and in the High St by the start of the 2nd half.

Polis were just diving in and grabbing anyone.

:(

vintage1874

1978082601.jpg

Interesting to see little has changed JJ sent off, hearts fan on the pitch and the scottish game on its last legs and hibs still canny beat us :thumbsup:

Ha ha possibly, saw them two weeks ago and it's safe to say they should probably have retired in '79 also :lol:

Interesting to read JJ had a big gob even back then :ninja:

were they playing in edinburgh? I've always prefered the purple hearts myself for some reason :thumbsup:

gerryjambo41

1978082601.jpg

I remember that game well , it was mental they were fighting in the ground and half past one ffs . Another similarity to recent events the ref was a cheatin barsteward hibs equalising in injury time against 9 man Hearts SFA **** **** **** :lol:

Auld Reekin'

secret affair were playin 2 weeks ago at a scooter rally in kelso

:lol:

Found their true level at last! B)

:lol:

Found their true level at last! B)

Was a bit of a come down for us as well, we had Bad Manners previously :lol:

Hearts Heritage

Of course the Old Firm topped it in the 1980 Cup Final

1980051001.jpg

What amazed me from the 1980 Old Firm riot was the amount of so-called hard men who stayed on the terracing, the Old Firm used to invade Edinburgh in their droves and try and take over, basically bully boys BUT they always had a fight on their hands with the Gorgie Aggro who never always had it their way unlike some of the mythical stories but getting back to Hampden, this was their perfect oppertunity to let it all hang out, cards on the table, no holes barred just pure pure football violence fueled with hatred and alcohol but all we got was a few hundred from each side charging at each other, bottles and cans thrown with the odd isolated incident were celtic fans were captured and battered (tv images). Three years down the line Hearts travelled through to parkhead for the cup tie and certainly made their presence known, the good old celts certainly had second thoughts and remained tucked behind their fence in the Jungle.

Gorgie Rules

colinmaroon

I remember that game well , it was mental they were fighting in the ground and half past one ffs . Another similarity to recent events the ref was a cheatin barsteward hibs equalising in injury time against 9 man Hearts SFA **** **** **** :lol:

I D M Foote - one of the worst!

carlos fanjambo

Police were a disgrace that day, moved us out the shed and round to the gorgie road end, let the hobos move into the shed, we eventually got enough support to break through the police line and run them back to the school end. PC Nobhead in charge of tactics .

Buffalo Bill

At least I was celebrating on aug 26th 1978:

...my 5th birthday.

:verysmug:

Archived