Glasgow and East Kilbride Hearts Supporters Club

rossmaroon

Glasgow Hearts Supporters Club has been running almost uninterrupted since 1947, making it one of Scotland's oldest supporters clubs of any team. We run buses to all home games and many away games (and have members who travel to all games home, away and Europe). We always welcome new blood, returning members, or even those who want to attend the occasional game.

Our normal route picks up in Clyde St, Glasgow, Burnside, then East Kilbride town centre. On the return, we usually drop first in Glasgow, then Burnside, then EK. In addition, we organise trips to watch Hearts in Europe.

If you are interested, PM me or message me on FB (Ross Meikle) or by mobile 07759263862.

Look forward to having you on board in July.

gerryjambo41

Glasgow Hearts Supporters Club has been running almost uninterrupted since 1947, making it one of Scotland's oldest supporters clubs of any team. We run buses to all home games and many away games (and have members who travel to all games home, away and Europe). We always welcome new blood, returning members, or even those who want to attend the occasional game.

Our normal route picks up in Clyde St, Glasgow, Burnside, then East Kilbride town centre. On the return, we usually drop first in Glasgow, then Burnside, then EK. In addition, we organise trips to watch Hearts in Europe.

If you are interested, PM me or message me on FB (Ross Meikle) or by mobile 07759263862.

Look forward to having you on board in July.

How much is the membership these days and price to Tynecastle , toying with the idea of returning to the bus next season , used to travel by car

Did the OP not used to be a member of WOSH or am i confused, is there some rivalry between the two?

No, I am ROSS MEIKLE not MCLEAN. I know and get on very well with most of the WOSH club.

KilbrideJambo

It is great that the merry band of Hearts supporters in East Kilbride are served by 2 different buses!

Son Of Anarchy

Had many an interesting wait for this bus to arrive in EK town centre (across from old council offices)back in the 70/80s :whistling: many many uglies supporters passing by usually about 4 of us maroon clad jambos.Fun days.best of luck with the bus guys :thumbsup:

How much is the membership these days and price to Tynecastle , toying with the idea of returning to the bus next season , used to travel by car

Hello Gerry! John Longmuir and I saw you passing the Station Bar near the end of the season and wondered if you would ever show up on the bus. Usual pick up time is 12 30 at Clyde St, but give me or Ian a shout and he'll send you a newsletter stating the times of the buses for the first month. Cost is ?10 return.

gerryjambo41

Hello Gerry! John Longmuir and I saw you passing the Station Bar near the end of the season and wondered if you would ever show up on the bus. Usual pick up time is 12 30 at Clyde St, but give me or Ian a shout and he'll send you a newsletter stating the times of the buses for the first month. Cost is ?10 return.

Cheers mate , back on bus for new season hopefully a good one !

ps did we not get rid of the EK bit from the name :lol:

• 1 month later...
Jamboross98

Did the OP not used to be a member of WOSH or am i confused, is there some rivalry between the two?

That's me, ROSS MACLEAN. And no, there is no rivalry, but I did fall out with two people on the committee for reasons I can't disclose.

• 2 years later...

I live in North Ayrshire and have to travel by train or car. There is no pick ups near me. Bit of a shame because there's a few Jambos from Kilwinning & Irvine etc.

I live in North Ayrshire and have to travel by train or car. There is no pick ups near me. Bit of a shame because there's a few Jambos from Kilwinning & Irvine etc.

Do West of Scotland Hearts not pick up in Ayrshire?

That's me, ROSS MACLEAN. And no, there is no rivalry, but I did fall out with two people on the committee for reasons I can't disclose.

:wow:

Legal reasons?? :gangsta:

Doctor FinnBarr

Glasgow bus, great for Euro trips unless you need the bog (PM Gerry for the story).

The chandelier in the Vienna hotel reception was something else!

Edited by bikerjambo

Confidentiality clause?

Do West of Scotland Hearts not pick up in Ayrshire?

yep bus route is irvine . prestwick. q8 killie. east kilbride. bothwell then tynie.

we travel to all home league games

yep bus route is irvine . prestwick. q8 killie. east kilbride. bothwell then tynie.

we travel to all home league games

I know parts of Ayrshire are rough but had no idea they had renamed one of them Kuwait..... :whistling:

We used to have a big jambo Boab from Kilwinning who travelled with us on the WOSH bus. We now have Irvine pick up. Good guys on the bus.........and for a tenner you can go to Tynecastle via Kuwait. ( well spotted Floyd, liked it )

I know parts of Ayrshire are rough but had no idea they had renamed one of them Kuwait..... :whistling:

Floyd, when i lived in Hurlford, i'm sure some of the locals holidayed in downtown Beirut. :)

We used to have a big jambo Boab from Kilwinning who travelled with us on the WOSH bus. We now have Irvine pick up. Good guys on the bus.........and for a tenner you can go to Tynecastle via Kuwait. ( well spotted Floyd, liked it )

:thumbsup:

West of Scotland Hearts S/C (sorry to hijack your thread Ross) pick at at Ayr, Prestwick, Kilmarnock. pm me if you would like more details.

West of Scotland Hearts S/C (sorry to hijack your thread Ross) pick at at Ayr, Prestwick, Kilmarnock. pm me if you would like more details.

PM sent. Cheers.

• 6 years later...
Just now, Slim1874 said:

Is this bus still running, looking for 3 seats for the Boxing day derby, having to through to the parents for Xmas and Boxing night

It is indeed. Contact Ross on the details at the top of the thread.

26 minutes ago, Boab said:

It is indeed. Contact Ross on the details at the top of the thread.

Perfect Bob, PM already sent and I think I found him on Facebook too, so messaged him there

Thanks

Just now, Slim1874 said:

Perfect Bob, PM already sent and I think I found him on Facebook too, so messaged him there

Thanks

No worries. Hope you get the spaces.

Ross is a good sort, message him on the mobile also, tell him I sent you !

I’ll see him at Ibrox on Sunday if you need any more info.

Edited by Boab

21 minutes ago, Boab said:

No worries. Hope you get the spaces.

Ross is a good sort, message him on the mobile also, tell him I sent you !

I’ll see him at Ibrox on Sunday if you need any more info.

Sorted, thanks again

• 2 years later...
McGlynn The Money
On 10/06/2011 at 15:22, rossmaroon said:

No, I am ROSS MEIKLE not MCLEAN. I know and get on very well with most of the WOSH club.

On 22/07/2011 at 22:41, Jamboross98 said:

There's definitely a story here. You can tell us, we won't let on.

David McCaig
9 hours ago, euan 10 said:

Is this bus still going who do you contact for info for bus 

We're still going strong and running buses home and away... 2022 is our 75th Anniversary.

12 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

There's definitely a story here. You can tell us, we won't let on.

Did you see the post was from 11 years ago 🤣

McGlynn The Money
4 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

Did you see the post was from 11 years ago 🤣

No comment... 😂

9 hours ago, David McCaig said:

We're still going strong and running buses home and away... 2022 is our 75th Anniversary.

Hi David I would be interested for more information as me my little boy who’s 10 have just got a season tickets looking for ways to get to games 

David McCaig
1 hour ago, euan 10 said:

Hi David I would be interested for more information as me my little boy who’s 10 have just got a season tickets looking for ways to get to games 

For home games the bus usually leaves Clyde Street at 12:30pm, picking up in Burnside at 12:45 and EK at 13:00 getting to Tynecastle about 13:45ish.

Both my boys travel on the bus, so kids are more than welcome.

TorinoJambo
1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

For home games the bus usually leaves Clyde Street at 12:30pm, picking up in Burnside at 12:45 and EK at 13:00 getting to Tynecastle about 13:45ish.

Still Clyde Street? That brings back memories. I went with the G/EK bus while at Glasgow University 1972-4 (I'm from Penicuik). Great characters. Jimmy Mann, Big Bobby, Ray (large Whitbread) Topping,John Buchanan, Colin Williamson.

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

That’s great David is there away to contact you 

David McCaig
21 minutes ago, euan 10 said:

That’s great David is there away to contact you 

Just DM me your mobile number and I can pass it onto Ian Russell and get @rossmaroonto add you to the club's group chat.

David McCaig
1 hour ago, TorinoJambo said:

Still Clyde Street? That brings back memories. I went with the G/EK bus while at Glasgow University 1972-4 (I'm from Penicuik). Great characters. Jimmy Mann, Big Bobby, Ray (large Whitbread) Topping,John Buchanan, Colin Williamson.

Jimmy Mann is still on the bus every week.

53 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Jimmy was and I am guessing still is a very nice guy when i travelled back in the 80s with the bus 

2 hours ago, TorinoJambo said:

I also travelled on that bus for 3 seasons 1973-76! Great characters (add Ian Russell to your list) and great fun!

No better feeling than arriving at a match in a shiny black Parks of Hamilton coach!

and pre and post match in The Square

Peg St Enoch Sq!

Why is Tosh not playing?

I live in EK and have just purchased my first Tynecastle ST in a long time, I would be keen on joining and using the Bus, who do I need to contact? Thanks Kevin

Libertarian

When we moved to Glasgow in 1969 me and my Dad started travelling on the EK Glasgow bus and did so for many years. Great times. I'm now back in Edinburgh but my son is due to start at Glasgow University this year and hopefully will be travelling on the supporters bus. Jimmy Mann and John Buchanan and Ian Russell are the names which I remember. 

David McCaig
12 minutes ago, Why is Tosh not playing? said:

I live in EK and have just purchased my first Tynecastle ST in a long time, I would be keen on joining and using the Bus, who do I need to contact? Thanks Kevin

If you send me a DM, I’ll give you Ian Russell’s contact details and also get you added to the Glasgow Hearts What’s App chat.

Why is Tosh not playing?
22 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

If you send me a DM, I’ll give you Ian Russell’s contact details and also get you added to the Glasgow Hearts What’s App chat.

Thanks David will do

colinmaroon
15 hours ago, David McCaig said:

He has been embalmed!!!

Older than King Thut!

David McCaig
42 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

He has been embalmed!!!

Older than King Thut!

I'm sure Jimmy would happily drink embalming fluid as long as it's being sold at pensioner prices!!