How to set up Bank transfer

Pele_Is_God

Pele_Is_God

How to I set up a monthly transfer for my rent. My landlord has given me her details and I've to set up a transfer starting from Monday. Do I just phone my nearest branch and do it over the phone or do I have to go into the branch. I actually though the landlord would of done this but nevermind. Just set up t.v license and Council tax too.

chester copperpot

How to I set up a monthly transfer for my rent. My landlord has given me her details and I've to set up a transfer starting from Monday. Do I just phone my nearest branch and do it over the phone or do I have to go into the branch. I actually though the landlord would of done this but nevermind. Just set up t.v license and Council tax too.

No, you can do it over the phone, it's called a standing order.

Yep, a Standing Order. Just phone your bank (I wouldn't phone an individual branch, just phone one of their call centres) and tell them you want to set one up. The rest is pretty easy.

If they ask for a reference to be sent with it, just put your name, btw. Stops any problems at the receiving bank.

Edit: Just a wee word of warning. Ask how long the money'll take to arrive: most banks should have a faster payments system, which is usually same day, but if yours doesn't you may need to put the payment date back 3-5 days to ensure it gets to your landlord on time :thumbsup:

johndawgylt

Pm me your bank details and credit card numbers and I'll set it up for you :thumbsup:

chester copperpot

Pm me your bank details and credit card numbers and I'll set it up for you :thumbsup:

:laugh:

Archived