Zander Diamante, an alternative view

thirdyboy1976

thirdyboy1976

Now before I get absolutely battered for this one, it was just a thought I had.

During the last 2 months we have had plenty of injuries and suspensions and at times JJ had to patch up the back with the likes of Adrian Mrowiec- who is clearly no centre back- who I think has had a pretty decent season in midfield. I think we can all agree that Zal & Bouzid are at times liabilites and it cetainly looks like Darren Barr is nowhere near the first team. So would it be so bad to have Diamond as a squad player? Surely playing him at centre back is a better option than some others that have been forced upon us- I think that Webster/Diamond as a centre back pairing would be pretty solid.

Just a wee thought.

During the last 2 months we have had plenty of injuries and suspensions and at times JJ had to patch up the back with the likes of Adrian Mrowiec- who is clearly no centre back- who I think has had a pretty decent season in midfield. I think we can all agree that Zal & Bouzid are at times liabilites and it cetainly looks like Darren Barr is nowhere near the first team. So would it be so bad to have Diamond as a squad player? Surely playing him at centre back is a better option than some others that have been forced upon us- I think that Webster/Diamond as a centre back pairing would be pretty solid.

Just a wee thought.

Can you imagine the JKB reaction to these two being suggested as signings just after we had beaten Rangers 1-0?! :D

Pete Seeger

Your thought's incorrect. Zander Diamond isn't and hasn't ever been a decent footballer. He's also a rat faced bigot. The only player in the SPL i'd like us to sign less than him is Danny fecking Grainger. I'm not looking forward to next season. <_<

Just a wee thought.

No. No such thing as a squad player. You certainly don't sign one.

Maybe signing an old head to have around the changing room etc, but this aint that!

squad player? we're gonna lose one of bouzid/zap this summer, big zanny will be playing.

kingantti1874

Seriously- JJ must realise he will have to shoulder the blame for this 100%, it's like he has forgotten he's not actually the killie manager... I'm not going to hold back WHEN I transpires I'm right... What a joke

I am also in the give him a chance category

As long as he is wearing that Jersey he will have my full backing.

In JJ we trust

Not as good as Webster

Better than Bouzid

On a par with Zaliukas

Still think Barr will come good... But as a CB?!

All in all I think ZD may very well be a decent acquisition and defo better than playing Egg/Train out of position!

Kello

Barr / Webster / Diamond / Wallace

Templeton / Jonsson / Skacel / Driver

Elliott / Kyle

Would be a good team for me and still could be better with the likes of Flood/Gomis/Sutton/Bryson/Rooney etc or whoever JJ gets in.

JJ stated that if he does come it might not be a huge gamble moneywise, he also made the point that his best period was playing with a settled partner (Anderson) that when he has had an assortment of CH pairings he's not been that hot.

If he signs we will have to just get on with it,he truly is the type of player we've no had since Baggio.....in the looks stakes

Clerry Jambo

Just a wee thought.

Decent post sir

Don't listen to Zal's groupies :P Zanny will do us a turn :thumbsup:

Tynecastle Valhalla

Not as good as Webster

Better than Bouzid

On a par with Zaliukas

Still think Barr will come good... But as a CB?!

All in all I think ZD may very well be a decent acquisition and defo better than playing Egg/Train out of position!

Kello

Barr / Webster / Diamond / Wallace

Templeton / Jonsson / Skacel / Driver

Elliott / Kyle

Would be a good team for me and still could be better with the likes of Flood/Gomis/Sutton/Bryson/Rooney etc or whoever JJ gets in.

disagree with this

bouzid is a much better defender than zal. much much better.

if diamond signs i will be unhappy. he is poor. but clearly willing to give him a chance

Has anyone heard the story tonight that Derek Young could be coming from the sheep as well? :blink:

I think anyone who plays next to Webster will probably do OK as he's a good organiser, but everytime I try to trust JJ's choice here, two words keep popping back into my mind - "Gordan Petric".

scott herbertson

I think anyone who plays next to Webster will probably do OK as he's a good organiser, but everytime I try to trust JJ's choice here, two words keep popping back into my mind - "Gordan Petric".

Don;'t do that,

please

We shouldn't be paying over the odds for a squad player never mind a shite one with some potential 5 years ago.

fabienleclerq

Your thought's incorrect. Zander Diamond isn't and hasn't ever been a decent footballer. He's also a rat faced bigot. The only player in the SPL i'd like us to sign less than him is Danny fecking Grainger. I'm not looking forward to next season. <_<

There's only two thing certain in life, you going to die and jimmy hates danny grainger!!

Pete Seeger

There's only two thing certain in life, you going to die and jimmy hates danny grainger!!

If we have a back 4 of Darren Barr, Andy Webster, Zander Diamond and Danny Grainger next year I'm going to sit it out. 3 Cretins and 3 terrible defenders. :verymad:

Jambof3tornado

I am in the give him a chance camp. No worse than

Bouzid and may well develope given the right partner.

Worth a punt.

BobbyJenkins

I actually think hell be fine. A player opposition fans hate so may well be a player his teams fans love. I genuinely think he'll do a job, lots of SPL experience and will play better with better players.

Napoleon  Wilson

Hundy and Gonk's fearsome defensive partnership will have opposition strikers SHITTING It next season.

Tommy Wiseau

I actually think hell be fine. A player opposition fans hate so may well be a player his teams fans love. I genuinely think he'll do a job, lots of SPL experience and will play better with better players.

True, but the Aberdeen support hate him as well.

Even JJ admitted he was pish when he got asked about him the other week. :lol:

Has anyone heard the story tonight that Derek Young could be coming from the sheep as well? :blink:

Now that has to be a joke...

Also, my mates that are Aberdeen fans (since I live near Aberdeen) hate Diamond and are glad to see the back of him and glad that someone's gonna take him off their hands. I don't know why, but I have faith in Zander, I think he might actually turn out to be a decent signing.

JJ stated that if he does come it might not be a huge gamble moneywise, he also made the point that his best period was playing with a settled partner (Anderson) that when he has had an assortment of CH pairings he's not been that hot.

If he signs we will have to just get on with it,he truly is the type of player we've n

had since Baggio.....in the looks stakes

An assortment of centre half pairngs?

Hmmmm kind of like what he will get at us then with injury prone Webster.

Gregory House M.D.

He's pish, he's bigoted, he's a welt, everybody hates him including his own fans & did i mention he's shite? People on here saying he's better than Zal & Bouzid are clueless as ZD makes Barasa look classy.

He's pish, he's bigoted, he's a welt, everybody hates him including his own fans & did i mention he's shite? People on here saying he's better than Zal & Bouzid are clueless as ZD makes Barasa look classy.

Ever so slightly OTT love.

There's a real chance he'll be here next year and Zal & Bouzid won't be so I think you'll have to accept him.

Archived