Glasgow-on-sea

200milesfromgorgie

200milesfromgorgie

OK i need to clear a something up,

Yesterday I agreed with the better half that I would spend a saturday away from football. No football on the telly, non on the radio and not part with my wages to stand on the terraces is the pouring rain. "fine" i said. 9am Saturday morning we set of on the short journey to Scarborough. On arrival parked up and stepped out of the car put on my sunglasses :cool: and headed towards the southbay.

As the wind blew in my face i noticed a foul smell in the air, thought nothing of it kept walking. Then i spotted my first Rangers shirt of the morning (nothing strange about that in a costal town) but then i saw another and another, "how queer" i thought. then as i walked round he corner i saw a group of men come off a coach holding orange flags and stinking of cheap perfume and buckie. Orange, Rangers, Bad smell, then has i approached the built up area of the bay i found myself in the path of about 500 orange men, rangers fans, and big fat dobbers (pushing push chairs and dropping fag ends on their wee ones!) singing and tooting on they're little flutes, banging the drum that has the words NO SURRENDER across the skin.

What the hell had i walked into?

can some please explain why the where on mass in one of the east coast towns?

Neds everywhere....

I got some abuse shouted at me from a fat sh!!!T in an orange jacket whilst walking past what seemed to a loyalist pub. Obey the king and all that *****.

Why was this abuse aimed at me? Rangers had just won so lets shout a the fat guy whos just on a lovely day out with his other half?

Anyhoo im glad i have never joined such a divied as the one (well half of it) that was on display yesterday. cant help thinking of the agro that day could of caused if the wrong people where there.

any Scarborough residents on this board?

p.s this may belong in the shed?

The Old Tolbooth

No idea why there were so many orangemen down there, but I do know that there is a boozer in Scarborough that is a right loyalist pub, it's a haven for huns when they go on holiday down there.

davemclaren
Scarboro is there big weekend I think all the lodges meet there

A gathering of some of the finest minds in the western world.... :ninja:

The Old Tolbooth

Crikey, has anyone else looked through the photo gallery? It looks like an identity parade ffs!!

200milesfromgorgie

my macbook dosent seem intrested in visiting that silly page. but how many loyalist bars can there be in scarborough?

do you think they sell the guiness?

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Classy pics in that gallery!!

You'd definetely be paddling in the shallow end of the gene pool drinking in there :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

These lodges are really just a hop,skip and jump away from the National Front - only the prejudices are different. One is about religion and the other about race. I guess it is human nature to want to club together and also human nature to seek out people with the same interests.

The thing I don?t quite get is how these people don?t notice that their groups become less and less about what they stand for, but rather the focus becomes what they don?t like...They become defined by their dislikes rather than their likes - and so the religious cease to go to church but remain in the club and they become blind to what their religion actually dictates they should do ie be accepting of others, but rather their whole being becomes about their hate - and then they raise kids in this environment!

200milesfromgorgie
These lodges are really just a hop,skip and jump away from the National Front - only the prejudices are different. One is about religion and the other about race. I guess it is human nature to want to club together and also human nature to seek out people with the same interests.

The thing I don?t quite get is how these people don?t notice that their groups become less and less about what they stand for, but rather the focus becomes what they don?t like...They become defined by their dislikes rather than their likes - and so the religious cease to go to church but remain in the club and they become blind to what their religion actually dictates they should do ie be accepting of others, but rather their whole being becomes about their hate - and then they raise kids in this environment!

i like you

The Old Tolbooth

Fantastic description mate :)

MacDonald Jardine

Are you able to provide statistics as to the percentage of Orange Order members that attend church?

Are you aware it is officially encouraged?

CompleteIdiot
Are you able to provide statistics as to the percentage of Orange Order members that attend church?

Are you aware it is officially encouraged?

It's all Satanism. Are you aware of that?

That was kind of my thinking. To be honest I can't quite understand why anybody would want to identify themselves with such a moronic institution.

I figure it's mostly identifying as the group to mask their own personal insecurities.

Archived