Copil still AWOL.........

Clerry Jambo

Chad Sexington

Punt the little erse.

If he was as good as he obviously thinks he is he would be a regular in the first team.

However, he can barely get a game for the under 19's and is obviously so honking in training that he finds himself starting some games as reserve goalie.

He looks like he has a big time Charlie attitude, similar to Kostadinov.

The pair of them could learn a lesson from the young lad Templeton.

He has kept his head down and is willing to graft to learn his trade.

Toxteth O'Grady

I think people are being a little harsh.

It's always going to be a bit risky signing young laddies from all over the world.

Some of them will settle but some will find it hard to adjust to life away from home.

Copil has undeniable talents but for various reasons he has not settled into life in Edinburgh or progressed as much as he could have.

It may be worth coming to a deal with a team closer to his home with an option of getting him back in a couple of years if he realises his potential.

'why are we not seeing Branimir Kostadinov and Copil?'

"It's for a reason because we don't feel they are good enough at the moment.

"We have other bright prospects and they haven't progressed maybe the way we wanted."

Kostadinov and Copil are very diferent points, but is very confortable to talking for both. Tactical, because lovly guy from Romania - Copil have not character and discipline. And you say...and Kostadinov.

This is manipulation Mr. Frail and you know why! And - with who!

You have another interests and here - Kostadinov - you have no chance. Definly! I don't belive you, because I watched him in national team (6 games).

After friendly game vs. Finland in front of all journalists after concret question Martin Petrov says: "Branko(this is nickname from Branimir) maked exellent trial. Actually over exellent. Only rules stoped him to come tu us just now. I don't know what will be in summer, but signals for his levell are very, very good"

Is normal you to have another criterium that Mr. Eriksson. But not brutal.

Belive me I know. If Kostadinov is nothing why you don't advise Boss to cansel his contract. Will be very interesting... Your words are not ancidental. Thay coming after M&M steps. You know that I know, because another important man know. Folks, now you know what the reports this people sended last year for Branny to Bulgarian football union. I don't belive that thay working for the develop of Branimir. Long time thay working against him. Copil is not my problem. But our problem is that Hearts invite Branimir 2 years ago and working against him long time. Reasons are not sporttechnical. All the best!

I think the problem is the fact that these kids are not progressing. Vlad has done the same with the Academy as he?s done with the first team - brought in good players but not brought in good coaches. We should be trying to produce footballers not atheletes.

Use Bednar as a case in point: He was allowed to bulk up his muscle when injured the first time and he became less mobile and athletic. He then got injured again and the extra muscle turned to fat so when he came back he looked out of condition, and again he got injured. Good coaches and medics at WBA took 3 months to get him right and look at the benefits they are reaping! The good footballer was always in Bednar but it needed proper management. Result is that the good footballer replaced the athelete (Beattie) in the WBA team.

Toxteth O'Grady
I think the problem is the fact that these kids are not progressing. Vlad has done the same with the Academy as he?s done with the first team - brought in good players but not brought in good coaches. We should be trying to produce footballers not atheletes.

Use Bednar as a case in point: He was allowed to bulk up his muscle when injured the first time and he became less mobile and athletic. He then got injured again and the extra muscle turned to fat so when he came back he looked out of condition, and again he got injured. Good coaches and medics at WBA took 3 months to get him right and look at the benefits they are reaping! The good footballer was always in Bednar but it needed proper management. Result is that the good footballer replaced the athelete (Beattie) in the WBA team.

I would agree with that Spellczech, I think the type of coaching they get does no favours to the more skillful players who like to run with the ball, they are discouraged from doing this in favour of the passing and moving game.

I also agree that to get the best out of the young players talents we need a top class youth coach with a history of bringing through young talents.

Without this I fear we may be wasting a lot of good young players.

I forgot. How many palyers (first team, reserve and U19s) stayng additional to improving a details on the field, after treaning day. I know two - Branimir Kostadinov and Matej Rapnik. Any another idea? Thay make this alone. I think that Branny is in Academy today too. Injured, but injured in one leg, not in full body. This guys are another "beer", with another motivation. Now - is time for bulgarian football. Chao!

Chad Sexington
I forgot. How many palyers (first team, reserve and U19s) stayng additional to improving a details on the field, after treaning day. I know two - Branimir Kostadinov and Matej Rapnik. Any another idea? Thay make this alone. This guys are another "beer". Now - is time for bulgarian football. Chao!

Why did your brother not go out on loan when he had the chance?

Did he really say that cleaning the first teams boots was beneath him?

Mr Quagmire

"We have other bright prospects and they haven't progressed maybe the way we wanted."

Kostadinov and Copil are very diferent points, but is very confortable to talking for both. Tactical, because lovly guy from Romania - Copil have not character and discipline. And you say...and Kostadinov.

You have another interests and here - Kostadinov - you have no chance. Definly! I don't belive you, because I watched him in national team (6 games).

After friendly game vs. Finland in front of all journalists after concret question Martin Petrov says: "Branko(this is nickname from Branimir) maked exellent trial. Actually over exellent. Only rules stoped him to come tu us just now. I don't know what will be in summer, but signals for his levell are very, very good"

Belive me I know. If Kostadinov is nothing why you don't advise Boss to cansel his contract. Will be very interesting... Your words are not ancidental. Thay coming after M&M steps. You know that I know, because another important man know. Folks, now you know what the reports this people sended last year for Branny to Bulgarian football union. I don't belive that thay working for the develop of Branimir. Long time thay working against him. Copil is not my problem. But our problem is that Hearts invite Branimir 2 years ago and working against him long time. Reasons are not sporttechnical. All the best!

Look BG, Branny and Copil think they have more talent THAN THEY ARE ACTUALLY SHOWING. There are other young guys who are proving themselves and will get into the first team before these 2.

Take young Templeton as an example, he accepted a loan deal to Raith and he is doing very well, and the bonus is that he can learn from some experienced players AND HE IS PLAYING FIRST TEAM FOOTBALL !, he has a very good manager to look after him there and he is well ahead of Branny.

WHY ?

Branny and Copil refused to go out on loan because the teams that were chosen for them were "in there eyes" not good enough. And they think that they are good enough for first team football in the SPL. Bollacks they are.

Also if you get paid to work, you work hard / you do what you are told ( that includes cleaning the first teams boots) / and you then reap the rewards and more importantly THE RESPECT.

With that comes success.

Have a great day !!!

Svet, why is Branny failing to play well at U19 level in Scotland? Surely if he is as good as you say, he should be scoring goals and building a reputation for himself. He's not doing this so is it any wonder that people are starting to have serious doubts about him?

Svet, why is Branny failing to play well at U19 level in Scotland? Surely if he is as good as you say, he should be scoring goals and building a reputation for himself. He's not doing this so is it any wonder that people are starting to have serious doubts about him?

I don't think it is fair to single out Branny, our U19's are pretty pish despite the perceived talent we have. I agree with the post above we really need to look at our coaching at youth/reserve level. We have spent a lot of money on getting players from all over europe but as far as i know have not spent money on the coaching side.

Mr Quagmire
I don't think it is fair to single out Branny, our U19's are pretty pish despite the perceived talent we have. I agree with the post above we really need to look at our coaching at youth/reserve level. We have spent a lot of money on getting players from all over europe but as far as i know have not spent money on the coaching side.

But Branny and Copil could have been away out on loan right now, playing first team football at a lower league, Scoring goals etc and learning there trade.

Proving themselves at that level would have given them the chance to come back on the bench of the first team for the start of next year.

If Temps comes back from Raith next year on the bench of the first team it will not be a big surprise to me.

Charlie-Brown

The Youth Academy is so much more than just Copil or Kostadinov or indeed even the current U19 squad - that is just the surface - the real depth is kids learning to play football at every age group from U10 to U19 - however most people just read some reports or opinions on JKB about Copil / Kostadinov or an U19 match & decide that something is fundamentally wrong - very few actually bother to go watch the kids - see for themselves who is improving and who isn't - see what's being done at other age groups.

Hearts are doing a lot more right than wrong in terms of youth development on the evidence I've witnessed - of course things could always be done better and this is true for any club or any player or coach etc.

Hearts big challenge now is to create a smooth path from youths to reserves (or SFL) to first team squad to matchday 18......instead of having expensively acquired players blockling the progress of youth.

Mr Quagmire
The Youth Academy is so much more than just Copil or Kostadinov or indeed even the current U19 squad - that is just the surface - the real depth is kids learning to play football at every age group from U10 to U19 - however most people just read some reports or opinions on JKB about Copil / Kostadinov or an U19 match & decide that something is fundamentally wrong - very few actually bother to go watch the kids - see for themselves who is improving and who isn't - see what's being done at other age groups.

Hearts are doing a lot more right than wrong in terms of youth development on the evidence I've witnessed - of course things could always be done better and this is true for any club or any player or coach etc.

Hearts big challenge now is to create a smooth path from youths to reserves (or SFL) to first team squad to matchday 18......instead of having expensively acquired players blockling the progress of youth.

Correct, i would rather see Branny and Copil punted and the money spent on the 11/12 year olds.

Drylaw Hearts

It's a lovely picture you're painting there NMH.

But........

Unless you've got the right Coaches, Scouts and Management within the Academy then it's never going to work.

Our Academy is not the success some make it out to be imo.

Lee Wallace, Andy Driver, Callumn Elliot, Jamie Mole, Eggert Jonsson and Christophe Berra are the only players in the last 4 years to have progressed through the Academy to play for the First Team - all with varied degrees of success.

Only one - Berra - has made his place assured.

I find it astonishing that in over 3 years we haven't produced a Right Back or a Right Midfielder that was worthy of giving a run in the team.

I have serious reservations that those running the Academy are doing the budget given to them by VR justice.

Toxteth O'Grady

Just for clarification NMH I was only thinking of the under 19's where I'm sure you will agree many of these guys have been brought to the club fairly recently and come from Iceland, Ireland, Romania, Bulgaria, Austria, Slovakia Australia a few from Scotland and probably other countries as well.

There are probably too many of them and they won't all settle or make it but they have all been chosen because they have talent and were doing well where they came from, and I think that if we go to the effort of scouting these kids and persuading them to come here then they should get the best available coaching to maximise the chances of them succeeding.

I must go along and watch some of the younger age groups too.:)

Charlie-Brown
It's a lovely picture you're painting there NMH.

But........

Unless you've got the right Coaches, Scouts and Management within the Academy then it's never going to work.

Our Academy is not the success some make it out to be imo.

Lee Wallace, Andy Driver, Callumn Elliot, Jamie Mole, Eggert Jonsson and Christophe Berra are the only players in the last 4 years to have progressed through the Academy to play for the First Team - all with varied degrees of success.

Only one - Berra - has made his place assured.

I find it astonishing that in over 3 years we haven't produced a Right Back or a Right Midfielder that was worthy of giving a run in the team.

I have serious reservations that those running the Academy are doing the budget given to them by VR justice.

Wallace, Elliot, Driver, Mole & Jonsson all played in the same U17 & U19 teams - that is not bad return from one group of youngsters - the goalkeeper of that team Jamie MacDonald is now performing well for Queen of the South and Scotland U21 - I see what your saying about right back and right midfield however Jason Thomson & Sean Mackle havene't been afforded the same opportunity as the others and Neilson, Barasa, Karipidis, Tall, Miko, Chesney, Beslija, Ivaskevicius have all been used in preference to them so you could argue they've been afforded less opportunity because of (mostly) more expensively acquired players.......but MacDonald, Thomson & Mackle may yet get a chance?

Let see how well the next batch of youngsters come through......

Regards the past I do think we suffered a bit at the end of the Pieman era and not many of Gordon's team-mates came through neither did Simmons, Janzyck, Weir, Hammil, Sloan manage to cement their place however they did get chances at first team level. Only Sives & Pelosi remain from Berra's age group - Sives has had really terrible 3 years with injury which is a pity.

But Branny and Copil could have been away out on loan right now, playing first team football at a lower league, Scoring goals etc and learning there trade.

Proving themselves at that level would have given them the chance to come back on the bench of the first team for the start of next year.

If Temps comes back from Raith next year on the bench of the first team it will not be a big surprise to me.

In the case of those 2 do you really think sending 2 homesick players out loan is going to be beneficial ? Personally i think if they are good enough we should have been a bit more understanding to their situation. What harm would it have done to keep them here ?

If they are not good enough or are not interested then we can empty them, however i don't think you or I know if that is the case. You seem to have made your mind up that they are troublemaking crap footballers.

Mr Quagmire
In the case of those 2 do you really think sending 2 homesick players out loan is going to be beneficial ? Personally i think if they are good enough we should have been a bit more understanding to their situation. What harm would it have done to keep them here ?

If they are not good enough or are not interested then we can empty them, however i don't think you or I know if that is the case. You seem to have made your mind up that they are troublemaking crap footballers.

Lots of youngsters go away from home, even to another country to work, I myself did it, its all part of growing up and its the best thing for any young lad, it makes you grow up fast and makes a man of you. The problem with these 2 guys is that they have been wrapped up in cotton wool, they act like children so they get treated like children and with this they are not seen to be ready for the first team.

The bottom line is that yes they can be / and are good footballers but they have chosen not to show any respect for there coaches and indeed any first team players. They have said that they "are to good" to go out on loan and that they are ready for the first team. They refuse to do the jobs that a youngster has to do like cleaning first team players boots.

They expect people to treat them differently from other young players because of "who they are" but i am afraid it is a case of "who they THINK they are"

Your only as good as your last game.

Archived