We have bigots in our support

Randle P McMurphy

Randle P McMurphy

are we dramatically different from most other supports in scotland? i dont think so, other than the 2 obvious ones who have built their fanbases on the sectarian divide.

last nights attack was not sectarian, it was personal. it was an attack on neil lennon, arrogant, mouthy, aggressive, disrespectful celtic manager not neil lennon catholic. as has been pointed out before why was martin o'neill never subjected to these types of incident, its entirely to do with public persona and lennon's complete disrespect for any other team, their players and supporters. i am not defending the idiot who attacked lennon, he went way beyond acceptable behaviour but i am fed up with the way this has developed in the media as a sectarian issue.

it is time for hearts to issue a statement condemning the attack on neil lennon but also distancing the club from the way this is being presented as a sectarian problem. it was an idiot amongst our support who got carried away and did a stupid over the top thing. it is also time we had some presence in the media from former hearts players in the same way that every ex celtic mouthpiece has been having their say today. why not ask paul hartley about it or john colquhoun or robbo?

it just hacks me off as the usual media/establishment trick of ignoring the main problems and punishing the soft touch. it can then be claimed they are tackling it whilst ignoring the main culprits

Randle P McMurphy

I did not know this

thanks for enlighting me OP

you are welcome and now i know we have a registered sex offender in our support too!

Never gonna beat the Celtic minded media, We get called mini rangers or worse, But who from our club, Is going to put there head above the parapet, And defend us. I Will be over the moon if it happens, But dont think it will. :verymad:

celtic have placemen aplenty in the football media... we don't.

all you can hope for is a fair coverage in the broadcast media, but they are reluctant to tackle celtic issues because a false climate of endemic anti-catholic feeling has been allowed to grow and prosper.

we aren't going to get a fair press i'm afraid. the club can try it's best to stick up for itself and for us but it's at the mercy of powers that don't really give a shit for fair play and justice.

jambos are go!

Until we wake up to the fact that we have a problem

with bigots we are fair game to be used as a diversion by the OF loving media. I hope the club will focus on this shortly. Our nutters are a much smaller and easily targetted group IMO.

dkmmgcycbwc

I think if you read threads on here it is clear that Hearts have more than their fair share of anti-Catholic / anti-Celtic bigots. I don't read that many other sites but I'd be surprised if they match the kind of things you read on this. OK it's a minority but you will always find people prepared to defend Rangers against any charges and cloak their comments on Celtic and to a lesser extent Hibs in language that is fairly obviously sectarian/xenophobic.

:vrface:

to all the generic 'until we wake up and admit we have a problem' type posts...

the whole bloody board is awash with this very thing. virtually every post on the subject has been carefully written to admit to this very fact. it could not have been woken up to and/or admitted to any more than it has been.

returning to this starting point is very limiting. as a support we are already past that point and at least some of us would like to move forward... if it's ok likes.

:vrface:

to all the generic 'until we wake up and admit we have a problem' type posts...

the whole bloody board is awash with this very thing. virtually every post on the subject has been carefully written to admit to this very fact. it could not have been woken up to and/or admitted to any more than it has been.

returning to this starting point is very limiting. as a support we are already past that point and at least some of us would like to move forward... if it's ok likes.

From the majority of posters, yes. But what has been much more telling than that is the sizeable minority whose reaction to Wednesday's events has featured no condemnation of anything except events at the School End. Apologists by omission.

From the majority of posters, yes. But what has been much more telling than that is the sizeable minority whose reaction to Wednesday's events has featured no condemnation of anything except events at the School End. Apologists by omission.

fair enough however i'm concentrating more on the type of poster who wants to see some news coverage given, and action taken against what went on in the away end. literally every one of the posts i have seen along the way have contained a caveat that admits to and/or condemns things within our support.

it really couldn't have been any better covered. the type of poster who hasn't yet condemned our part it in is probably the sort of poster who never will. they are part of the problem to be tackled... not part of the movement to tackle the problem.

Randle P McMurphy

fair enough however i'm concentrating more on the type of poster who wants to see some news coverage given, and action taken against what went on in the away end. literally every one of the posts i have seen along the way have contained a caveat that admits to and/or condemns things within our support.

it really couldn't have been any better covered. the type of poster who hasn't yet condemned our part it in is probably the sort of poster who never will. they are part of the problem to be tackled... not part of the movement to tackle the problem.

jim, a rare beacon of sanity and rational thought today, better not tell lionheart i said so. it feels like we are the most penitent of supports, yes the boy was an arsehole but he doesn't represent me or the vast majority of our support. i have reason to feel bad today my team got humped yesterday and some idiot put us on the front page for the wrong reasons thats it. i am still proud to be a hearts supporter, i am proud of my club, my team and most of my fellow supporters. yes lets try and drum out the small number of bigots, racists etc but lets not get caught up in the media frenzy over this.

Archived