Berra

Boab Mugabe

Boab Mugabe

Seeing as we've had the well done Miko threads I feel he's entitled to some praise as well.

I've been very quick to criticise him in the past, but today I thought he did very well against De Vries. Also made a great tackle in the 2nd half IIRC.

De Vries was rendered useless today.

Very well done Berra, must be like trying to mark a bear, the guy is huge.

Only a Game

By far and away his best game in a Hearts jersey since he hasnt had Pressley or Webster partnering him.

Looked like an international centre half today and looked like a worthy club captain.

Christophe had an excellent game, nullifying De Vries.

(What a pleasure to participate in a positive thread!).

in my FM game he's 'holding out for a france call up':rolleyes:

On a more serious note, he's a good player. still feel his development is suffereing from not having a stable partner in defence though.

chester copperpot
Seeing as we've had the well done Miko threads I feel he's entitled to some praise as well.

I've been very quick to criticise him in the past, but today I thought he did very well against De Vries. Also made a great tackle in the 2nd half IIRC.

Have a little patience.

You know what I mean ;)

Boab Mugabe
Have a little patience.

You know what I mean ;)

Was wondering how long it would take for the 'Patience' reply.

If I had a prize to offer I would... :ninja:

Except for one daft pass, Berra had a blinder today.

Well done son.

my thoughts exactly.

He was superb today. Really enjoyed watching his tusstle with MDV. He showed the art of a centre half today. Very impressive.

I was expecting to see Berra getting bullied by MDV today but he fought his heart out. If he could stay as dominant as today, he'd get a chance for Scotland sooner or later.

davemclaren
I was expecting to see Berra getting bullied by MDV today but he fought his heart out. If he could stay as dominant as today, he'd get a chance for Scotland sooner or later.

MDV has put on a few pounds though. :ninja:

I do think Berra is a brave, reliable and intelligent centre half - but I wish he would give a bit more thought and time, when he can, to his play out of defence. Too often it's the hoof the ball in the air approach which just gives possession back to the opposition.

I have said it when he played not so well but it still stands up when he is on form, Berra is better than Webster was at the same stage of development.

The right partner next year and we could see him take a huge leap in ability.

Berra will find it hard to get into the Scotland side as MCManus is also a left sided centre back.

Bindy Badgy

I thought he was excellent yesterday.

It's the best I've seen him play for a long time.

Clerry Jambo

The lad was magnificent against an awkward opponent in DeVries - Zally played well too it has to be said.

In the dark days of December/Jan, most of our goals came from Berra's ball winning at corners (sometimes combined with Velicka's finishing), showing his (CB's) willingness to come forward and take a lead.

I think he's been our best performer since the turn of the year. We've gone from leaking goals to having a series of shut-outs (lost count) against all but the OF (and St M). You can't argue with these stats.

I just hope he stays.

We could do with another like him, though. But there's another youngster coming through, isn't there?

I sadi in the ratings thread yesterday, I think that was the first time i've thought Berra acted like a captain.

He was barking orders and giving advice all game. Excellent stuff from him.

I have said it when he played not so well but it still stands up when he is on form, Berra is better than Webster was at the same stage of development.

The right partner next year and we could see him take a huge leap in ability.

Been saying the same for ages now Big H. Agree completely.

Chad Sexington

Being called up to the Scotland squad has probably given the lad a massive confidence boost.

Well done son.

De Vries was rendered useless today.

Very well done Berra, must be like trying to mark a bear, the guy is huge.

:dribble:

Have to admit thought Bungle played well yesterday.

Archived