Eddie Smith

Nucky Thompson

Nucky Thompson

Good referee, very impressed with the guy, not because we won and he sent 2 Utd players off:) He tried to use common sense that most of the Scottish officials don't have, very fit and keeps up with play. Well done Eddie:clap:

He got some little petty decisions wrong I felt but he was competent enough most of the time. The 2 big decisions (sending their 2 off) were both correct.

jambo walesy

I can bet all the money in the world there would not be a thread praising the referee had we lost.

Nucky Thompson
I can bet all the money in the world there would not be a thread praising the referee had we lost.
Maybe not:) but as a football fanatic I try to judge without bias:p

The Old Tolbooth

I must have been at a different game, I thought he was murder until late on and gave United absolutely everything! He had no choice but to send off the two United players imo, was it just me or did anyone else hear massive derisory cheers when we eventually got our first free kick of the game in the 73rd minute?

Nucky Thompson
I must have been at a different game, I thought he was murder until late on and gave United absolutely everything! He had no choice but to send off the two United players imo, was it just me or did anyone else hear massive derisory cheers when we eventually got our first free kick of the game in the 73rd minute?
It's like that every game:) The small free kicks he was giving the benefit of the doubt, but every major decision he got spot on:rolleyes:

Thought he was a mixed bag today, never fell for Wilkies antics and correctly dismissed the 2 Utd players (Levein runs a disciplined team ship enough:confused:) but i thought at times that he was trying to make the game a non contact sport, especially when we were puting in the challenges.

100 percent agree with you.

Some shocking decisons, He let thoses clowns away with murder in our box, and let them throw tackles into nade from behind for the whole game !

The Old Tolbooth
It's like that every game:) The small free kicks he was giving the benefit of the doubt, but every major decision he got spot on:rolleyes:

Have to admit that I think your right with every major decision, and that cant be a bad thing, however Miko will leave the country before refs start being fair to him again, he was assualted once and no free kick, and fouled twice more with no free kick, pretty obvious to everyone that the GFA still have an agenda, also Nade was kicked all over the park.

I await the Kevin Thomson diving enquiry with baited breath mate.

JamboGraham

I thought he was pretty poor, missed some really obvious things...should have booked a couple more United players for some real nasty work on Larry and Nade....

The two red cards were two of the easiest to award all season.

And when, when, when is a Scottish ref going to look at the way Wilkie "plays" the game?

Nucky Thompson

The two red cards were two of the easiest to award all season.

Aye but how many other Scottish Refs would have giving them? Eddie Smith IMO is up there with Stuart Dougal, Kenny Clark and Mike McCurry. FFS it's hard to find a good Scottish Ref, so credit where it's due.

piltonjambo

Have to say I thought he was murder too ...

I agree with the comment above in regard to non contact sport ... we were penalised for almost everthing we touched ... in the first half certainly ...

I thought also that Wilkie and DeVries got away with plenty today ...

The big forward substitute that came on can also be added to that list ...

As for the red cards ... frankly they were not difficult decisions for the referee to make ... even he could not miss them ...

Our officials in Scotland in my opinion ... continue to be inconsistant, incompetent and arrogant!!! Smith was no different!!!

JamboGraham
Aye but how many other Scottish Refs would have giving them? Eddie Smith IMO is up there with Stuart Dougal, Kenny Clark and Mike McCurry. FFS it's hard to find a good Scottish Ref, so credit where it's due.

Up there?...up where?

I really don't think much credit is due for simply making obvious and fair decisions...although the first player to go could have gone earlier in the match but better late than never.

Nucky Thompson
Up there?...up where?

I really don't think much credit is due for simply making obvious and fair decisions...although the first player to go could have gone earlier in the match but better late than never.

Mate, how bad are the Scottish Refs? I'm only trying to make a case for one guy who on the entire 90 minutes was the fairest I have seen in a long time:cool:

Just back from the game. Without a doubt, that was the best refereeing performance seen at tynecastle this season. Did he get everything right? No. But he got almost everythng right. He was fair and consistent. What was a foul for us, was a foul for them. You cant ask for more than that.

There were a few dafties around me who didnt understand that there are such things as rules. Those persons thought the ref was pish, but they were wrong, as are the rest of you who thought he was murder. Its in the nature of football that we watch with tinted specs on, but if you can take them off, you can be thankful we got Eddie Smith on a good day and not the hobo or that clown Collum.

JamboGraham
Mate, how bad are the Scottish Refs? I'm only trying to make a case for one guy who on the entire 90 minutes was the fairest I have seen in a long time:cool:

Yeah fair do's...I do see the red mist a lot when Scottish refs are debated. I think he was fair today, to be honest I believe that they are all (except one!!!)

I would just love to see a consistent approach from them all week to week (or even minute to minute from some of them), that is what gets me most...

chester copperpot

I thought he was pretty terrible until the sendings off.

Pernickity (Sp :confused:?) little erse, mostly against Hearts I may add.

dkmmgcycbwc

Exactly as I saw it. The thread opener astonished me. Compare MDV's foul rate today with ANY game he ever played as a Hearts player. Also his ignoring of Wilkie's repeated attempts to recreate his "success" at Tannadice in conning a penalty and getting a red card for Zaliukas.was disgraceful.

Archived