FAO Craig Levein

Nucky Thompson

The Real Maroonblood

Some supporters are still smarting about CL leaving us in the lurch.

The man most culpable to do ****** up big style is Romanov who sacked Burley and stopped giving us a good chance to win the league.

scott herbertson

The man most culpable to do ****** up big style is Romanov who sacked Burley and stopped giving us a good chance to win the league.

CL was not the messiah, neither was he just a 'naughty boy'

He was a very good manager for Hearts. he has proved himself again and I would have him back in a shot.

I'd be interested to know, given your other comments Bighusref' why you don''t want him to come back.

No one is perfect, and my main doubts with CL would be whether he can cope with the Romanov set up of many cooks, but a restaurant with an opinionated owner.

To elaborate on the restaurant analogy we have an eccentric owner with strong opinions and a tendency to tinker and change, a plethora of front of house managers, an army of sous chefs and food buyers, office managers, marketing men. Would Levein as chef be the 'head butting Graham Hogg' style Gordon Ramsay or could he control himself into a Wenger -like Raymond Blanc?

Mr Quagmire

Craig L has a doss of the sour grapes today in his post match interview.

He stated that there was a tackle in the first half just as bad as Swanson's and that a hearts player should have been sent off !

Mr Quagmire

:sobored:

CL was not the messiah, neither was he just a 'naughty boy'

He was a very good manager for Hearts. he has proved himself again and I would have him back in a shot.

I'd be interested to know, given your other comments Bighusref' why you don''t want him to come back.

No one is perfect, and my main doubts with CL would be whether he can cope with the Romanov set up of many cooks, but a restaurant with an opinionated owner.

To elaborate on the restaurant analogy we have an eccentric owner with strong opinions and a tendency to tinker and change, a plethora of front of house managers, an army of sous chefs and food buyers, office managers, marketing men. Would Levein as chef be the 'head butting Graham Hogg' style Gordon Ramsay or could he control himself into a Wenger -like Raymond Blanc?

My personal opinion Scott, is that we need to start again, get a big frigging brush and sweep clear. I feel we have a chance of rebirth. I feel that going back to a previous manager would not be the required step forward. I am one of those that generally feels that you should never go back. I do not think this is the time for Levein. In defence of Levein, he would certainly stand up to Romanov, and we would have no doubt that the team would be his.

Aside from that, Levein is (IMO) an honourable man that would not leave United due to Thomson's complete faith in him, until the "job is done" in his mind.

To be honest I cant recall an easier win over United of late and CLs only plan appeared to be set pieces involving DeVries or Wilkie or perhaps a Pen drawn from Zal for grappling either of that pair ?

Drylaw Hearts

We deserved to win today.

I was surprised at how poor Utd were though.

I hope they regain their form quickly and keep 3rd spot ahead of those dirty docksiders.

Mr Quagmire
The truth can be boring.

;)

Yes we could have won the league, we could have also won the champions league ?

Its all "we could have"

Its quite sad you cant get over it though.

Dirk Diggler

I hope they regain their form quickly and keep 3rd spot ahead of those dirty docksiders.

Absolutely.

:)

We're eight points behind Utd with six games to go and we have still to play them once more.

One step at a time. ;)

I've no comments to make on Levein as a manager, but I was disappointed with his conduct once Swanson was sent off. If one of my players had been on the park 20 minutes and been booked and commited a tackle worthy of a straight red, the last thing i'd be doing is patting him on the back.

I'm all for managers supporting their players but not when they are so clearly in the wrong.

ToadKiller Dog

I dont see the need for sticking it up CL ,on the day we were the better team ,i thought our defence looked more mobile than uniteds,we made Kenneth make mistakes we just did not score off them ,we made there main weapon MDV for the most part look overweight and slow (more so than nade)and in the midfield battle we just edged them out.But as someone said it was two average teams in a very average league.

Where any team can just about beat anybody else.

The Real Maroonblood
Yes we could have won the league, we could have also won the champions league ?

Its all "we could have"

Its quite sad you cant get over it though.

It's actually quite sad you are a loser.

scott herbertson
My personal opinion Scott, is that we need to start again, get a big frigging brush and sweep clear. I feel we have a chance of rebirth. I feel that going back to a previous manager would not be the required step forward. I am one of those that generally feels that you should never go back. I do not think this is the time for Levein. In defence of Levein, he would certainly stand up to Romanov, and we would have no doubt that the team would be his.

Aside from that, Levein is (IMO) an honourable man that would not leave United due to Thomson's complete faith in him, until the "job is done" in his mind.

Fair do's can't disagree with any of that. I agree re the Thomson thing and I wonder whether getting them 3rd place would be enough?

There's still a little imp inside my head which whispers to me that it is better a devil we know than one chosen by VR. The Rix selection has left me mentally scarred when it comes to VR chosing a manager

winston churchill
Nothing 'suddenly' about it imo.

His teams against us have played as badly/poorly against us as they did today, just today they did not get the breaks (first goal) against a poor Hearts team.

He is as poor a manager as Frail is imo(this is based on more than todays performance).....only 2 tactics Levein had today was lump it to DeVries and get Wilkie to throw his weight about in the box and hope the ref falls for it (congrats to Zaliukas and Smith for not falling for it).

thats how we saw it yesterday,the judas is a one trick pony type manager -launch high balls from throw- in's, corners,free kicks. if that does not work he was left scratching his head. zal & berra stood up to it all afternoon.

Fair do's can't disagree with any of that. I agree re the Thomson thing and I wonder whether getting them 3rd place would be enough?

There's still a little imp inside my head which whispers to me that it is better a devil we know than one chosen by VR. The Rix selection has left me mentally scarred when it comes to VR chosing a manager

Of course it is possible, I simply do not think so. If he were considering 3rd to be his trophy for United, I would wonder why he would take the "director of football" role he accepted a couple of months ago.

As for VR choosing, I totally agree that there will be trepidation, I am less concerned given the seemingly sizeable input that Campbell Ogilivie now has. I do not think he would let VR bring in some no mark.

As for the "better the devil you know", if Levein were to come, I would welcome him without doubt we would improve, I simply feel we have a chance to do something different and take the first steps towards going for those two from the west.

PeterCapital

Agree, quite a boring game but we had the better chances, most pressure and the thing that matters, more goals.

Tell me........................

Is there any ex-Hearts player who we (as fans) do have time for?

De Vries was even getting pelters from some boys around me yesterday in section N

Levein gave us over ten years of dedicated service

Throw him a frickin bone please

Mr Quagmire
It's actually quite sad you are a loser.

From what i have heard you have been a loser all your life. :rolleyes:

You just wont admit it.

The Real Maroonblood
From what i have heard you have been a loser all your life. :rolleyes:

You just wont admit it.

From what I hear you don't even know your father.

Mr Quagmire
From what I hear you don't even know your father.

I know him very well, Sits near you at tynie apparently.

And you, you know your father as well but unfortunately its your brother. :rolleyes:

The Real Maroonblood
I know him very well, Sits near you at tynie apparently.

And you, you know your father as well but unfortunately its your brother. :rolleyes:

As you are only a kid I will let you have the last word as you have completely went of topic because I dont agree with your point of view.

Ray Winstone

Cant believe some on here now reakon Levein is some kind of tosser just because we beat his team 1-0 and he didnt take it very well?

I though United were good for a draw to be honest (But very glad we hung on)

Would still take Levein back in an instant.

Shaggy GTF!

Nucky Thompson
from what I make of the thread isthat the OP was making reference to 2nd January when UTD and the officials combined to get Wallace and Zali sent off and Levein was defending the ref.:mad: today they were at it again but Zali stood up to it and we had a stronger ref .I really hope we make top 6 to get at them again,:mad:
That's exactly what I was referring to, his comments on sportsound on 2nd January sounded so smug and patronising:mad: He wasn't saying how sorry he felt for the referee yesterday:)

Mr Quagmire
As you are only a kid I will let you have the last word as you have completely went of topic because I dont agree with your point of view.

Aye, im only a kid, i wish.

You started the insults buddy when i didn't agree with your point of view !

But listen any time you feel the need to try and insult me be my guest. You certainly need the practice.

Oh incase you need some help, the insults started when you called me a loser, just thought i would save you the 20mins reading the other posts.

I'd have to disagree - he knew he was going to Leicester 3 weeks before he informed the Hearts Board or even met Vlad. He also let 3 players contract run down and then promptly took them to Leicester with him.

I think Craig looks after number one at all times.

I'd have to disagree - he knew he was going to Leicester 3 weeks before he informed the Hearts Board or even met Vlad. He also let 3 players contract run down and then promptly took them to Leicester with him.

You are as entitled to your view as I am mate, I still disagree with you though.

completelymental

grfuy harry potter you need thicker lenses 4 you glasses shouls ave ad three men sent off

and as for his defensive tactics dont get me started on them

your a one trick pony levein and a grade 1 loser

Gigolo-Aunt
grfuy harry potter you need thicker lenses 4 you glasses shouls ave ad three men sent off

and as for his defensive tactics dont get me started on them

your a one trick pony levein and a grade 1 loser

Thats just a noice.

Ally Alexander

I thought that Levein was only head coach and Robinson was responsible for

contract negotiation.

SPOT ON MATE!!

I thought that Levein was only head coach and Robinson was responsible for

contract negotiation.

Levein identified the players he wanted to keep and left the PIeman to negotiate the contracts.

rudi must stay
Levein identified the players he wanted to keep and left the PIeman to negotiate the contracts.

heard this as well, apparently he was one of the reason Crawford didn't sign. What an awful bit of news that was..

Archived