FAO Craig Levein

Nucky Thompson

Nucky Thompson

First of all I would just like to say how sorry I feel for the referee:cheese: The words I heard when we turned on sportsound on the way back from Tannadice on the 2nd January:) GIRFUY you patronizing tosser:movethatass:

Yer arse!

How many saves did Basso make?

What about my arse? :confused:

Zaluska was hardly overworked; how many shots on target did we have? Also, Hunt should have scored from 7-8 yards, and Basso almost gifted them a goal with a fumble.

Not saying that Utd were better, but they certainly weren't bad enough to justify saying that Levein is suddenly a sh*te manager.

Zaluska was hardly overworked; how many shots on target did we have? Also, Hunt should have scored from 7-8 yards, and Basso almost gifted them a goal with a fumble.

Not saying that Utd were better, but they certainly weren't bad enough to justify saying that Levein is suddenly a sh*te manager.

Your talking out it.

Hunt maybe could have scored at one point but didn't, and Basso might have flapped slightly but other than that what chances did they honestly create?

I think we looked comfortable and were never reallly under any pressure. It's just unfortunate that we lacked in firepower up front or we would have finished a few of the chances we DID create.

If we'd lost, we would have been very unlucky.

JamboGraham
Sigh.

We were lucky to win.

We could have scored 3 or 4 and deserved them. I thought the United keeper was excellent today and made several great saves.

Apart from the one where the boy tripped over his boots when did United really look like scoring.

All looked pretty comfortable for me today.

... they certainly weren't bad enough to justify saying that Levein is suddenly a sh*te manager.

I agree that they weren't bad enough to say that...

but were they good enough for you to say that we were lucky?

Sigh.

We were lucky to win.

you sure you were at the same game as me maybe your thinking about last week yer drugs are working

Nucky Thompson

We should have rammed them today:rolleyes: Oh for 11 Larry Kingstons:p

Robbo scores

Thought United had the upperhand early. The turning point today was Larry's excellent goal. After that we looked reasonably comfortable and could (should) have scored a couple more near the end. Wilkie is a disgrace for a blatant act of cheating!

Nothing 'suddenly' about it imo.

His teams against us have played as badly/poorly against us as they did today, just today they did not get the breaks (first goal) against a poor Hearts team.

He is as poor a manager as Frail is imo(this is based on more than todays performance).....only 2 tactics Levein had today was lump it to DeVries and get Wilkie to throw his weight about in the box and hope the ref falls for it (congrats to Zaliukas and Smith for not falling for it).

Just heard his interview !

Cl has to get a grip, again he called kingston lazy for the goal ! and said that the 2nd player sent off was not fair as we did the same in the first half ? What the feck is he on about !

Nucky Thompson

Cl has to get a grip, again he called kingston lazy for the goal ! and said that the 2nd player sent off was not fair as we did the same in the first half ? What the feck is he on about !

What a self centered tosser:mad: Levein GTF.

Nucky Thompson

So he doesn't feel sorry for the referee today:)

JamboGraham

His teams against us have played as badly/poorly against us as they did today, just today they did not get the breaks (first goal) against a poor Hearts team.

I have to agree...the main difference for us compared to previous displays against united this season, we displayed some fight and discipline...

The main difference for them? No Robson anymore to unlock the back door...

They didn't really have any plan B today.

Fozzyonthefence
We could have scored 3 or 4 and deserved them. I thought the United keeper was excellent today and made several great saves.

Did he? I honestly can't remember - I thought he was about as busy as Basso which was not very.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Still think managers should take a deep breath before they are interviewed and have a wee think to themselves. We play each other 4 times a season and results are always going to go against you after having a wee dig after a previous result. I thought Levein was VERY patronising after the game up there. Didnt matter if we had romped it today or lucked it in the last minute, we won and therefore his words have bitten him on the arse.

Ryan Gosling
Did he? I honestly can't remember - I thought he was about as busy as Basso which was not very.

One from a Miko header, two Nade efforts for sure (one in the last minute).

JamboGraham

Yup!

My glasses can be as maroon tinted as anyone's. But those weren't great saves. They were saves that you would have been dissapointed if your keeper didn't make.

We never quite played them off the park, but we were still far superior to them. Later on especially we should have scored 2 or 3 more, but for Ruben.

Dundee Utd were like a team of cart horses. MDV is more suited to WWF than football and the two central defenders were lining up for a sending off.

I thought we were well worthy of the 3 points today.

United should have scored when Hunt had that easy change 7 yards out, but apart from that they did not threaten.

Hearts on the other hand did score a very good goal, Miko missed the games best chance, and we had several other good attacking moves that could and should have resulted in goals most notably twice when Palazuelos should have slotted the ball to Wallace.

I have been very critical of Hearts this season, but today I thought we played very well.

Our defence looked as solid as it has been in ages, although Goncalves IMO is not a better player than Wallace and Banks is clearly #1.

Kingston and Miko provided a real attacking threat from midfield, but the other 3 too often chose the wrong option for my liking. Still, a good midfield performance.

And I thought Nade did very well up front. Unlike the people sitting around me I thought Nade worked very hard on his lonesome when he is clearly never a lone striker. He obviously has bags of skill and can be a real handful. I just hope we can get him to slim down a bit and get fitter during pre-season, buy a partner for him and we could have a decent strike force next season.

Anyway, certainly a much better performance than I was expecting although I was strangely optimistic before the match once I knew Elliot wasn't playing.

1 other point from today.

I have been very impressed by the lad Flood for United this season and thought he played very well today without much help from his team mates.

Think he would be a very good signing in the summer. What do you think?

Nucky Thompson
1 other point from today.

I have been very impressed by the lad Flood for United this season and thought he played very well today without much help from his team mates.

Think he would be a very good signing in the summer. What do you think?

What an engine the guy's got. Would take him in a minute.

Nucky Thompson
Yeah Levein's sh*te. Frail's a genius. Vlad's back. All is well.
Who said Frail's a genius? although he done boring Craig today:p Levein thinks of himself all the time...tosser.

Graham Thomson

He is as poor a manager as Frail is imo(this is based on more than todays performance).....only 2 tactics Levein had today was lump it to DeVries and get Wilkie to throw his weight about in the box and hope the ref falls for it (congrats to Zaliukas and Smith for not falling for it).

give it a break, he has done a brilliant job at united, and should have won a cup, he has them well organised, and playing for each other,,,,,make no mistake, levein is a first class manager,,,,,,,,,,who takes no ****,,,just ask graeme hogg.

rudi must stay
My glasses can be as maroon tinted as anyone's. But those weren't great saves. They were saves that you would have been dissapointed if your keeper didn't make.

not the Nade shots, he was 1 on 1 with him both times and put alot of power behind them..

from what I make of the thread isthat the OP was making reference to 2nd January when UTD and the officials combined to get Wallace and Zali sent off and Levein was defending the ref.:mad: today they were at it again but Zali stood up to it and we had a stronger ref .I really hope we make top 6 to get at them again,:mad:

Yeah Levein's s**te. Frail's a genius. Vlad's back. All is well.

give it a **** rest ,

we won today and lets celebrate that!!!

Who said Frail's a genius? although he done boring Craig today:p Levein thinks of himself all the time...tosser.

Yep - another five or so goals, and we can begin to think about beating Utd on goal difference this season. :rolleyes:

Name me one "that ought to have been a goal" chance we had. I'm not saying we weren't worthy of the win after going 1-0 up, just that the win was due to a single example of abysmal defending. Levein's a good manager (let's not even begin to compare budgets etc).

On a side note, I'd rather have De Vries playing up front than Nade.

Ryan Gosling
Yep - another five or so goals, and we can begin to think about beating Utd on goal difference this season. :rolleyes:

Name me one "that ought to have been a goal" chance we had. I'm not saying we weren't worthy of the win after going 1-0 up, just that the win was due to a single example of abysmal defending. Levein's a good manager (let's not even begin to compare budgets etc).

On a side note, I'd rather have De Vries playing up front than Nade.

Well I thought the 90th minute 3-on-1 chance should have been a goal.

Well I thought the 90th minute 3-on-1 chance should have been a goal.

Didn't come close in the end.

btw, Miko's Van Vossen attempt is cancelled out by Hunt's fresh-air kick.

siegementality

How many times have they humped us since he took over.

They're 3rd in the league.

They were very, very, unlucky not to win the CIS cup.

Aye he's a sheite manager right enough!!!!

Yeah Levein's sh*te. Frail's a genius. Vlad's back. All is well.

Exactly.

It is annoying how polarised JKB is. Up until yesterday there seemed to be huge clamour for Levein, many posting such compliments that he sounded like the new Lippi.

I did not get involved in the back slapping then and I will not get involved in the back stabbing now.

Levein was the best football player I ever saw wear the maroon, he took a team with a miniscule (sp?) to third and retained it, he left for a seemingly better job with more money to spend and chance of more exposure and it blew up in his face.

He has came back up north and controlled a runaway club almost instantly, transforming them into a better side than us almost overnight. The fact that certain posters are lording over a one nil victory like it is a major triumph shows how far he has taken them.

How small we have become.

scott herbertson
Exactly.

It is annoying how polarised JKB is. Up until yesterday there seemed to be huge clamour for Levein, many posting such compliments that he sounded like the new Lippi.

I did not get involved in the back slapping then and I will not get involved in the back stabbing now.

Levein was the best football player I ever saw wear the maroon, he took a team with a miniscule (sp?) to third and retained it, he left for a seemingly better job with more money to spend and chance of more exposure and it blew up in his face.

He has came back up north and controlled a runaway club almost instantly, transforming them into a better side than us almost overnight. The fact that certain posters are lording over a one nil victory like it is a major triumph shows how far he has taken them.

Nice summary - we are a fickle lot aren't we - I have frequently found myself descending to childish sarcastic responses in my anger at some of the more repetitively negative posters (sunday morning apology to those concerned)

I was going to have a pop at something you said yesterday morning (can't remember what now) but fortunately I was sober enough not to immediately react. This morning I find myself nodding over your words of wisdom

Exactly.

Top quality. :) :) :)

Fail beat the tactical genius. :cool:

Nice summary - we are a fickle lot aren't we - I have frequently found myself descending to childish sarcastic responses in my anger at some of the more repetitively negative posters (sunday morning apology to those concerned)

I was going to have a pop at something you said yesterday morning (can't remember what now) but fortunately I was sober enough not to immediately react. This morning I find myself nodding over your words of wisdom

You should have had the pop! :) I always put down what I feel and unfortunately I do not feel particularly happy with our owner/"interim manager"/players at the moment. My opinion often angers far less tolerant members than you, I would have welcomed any debate! :)

Exactly.

Levein was the best football player I ever saw wear the maroon, he took a team with a miniscule (sp?) budget to third and retained it, he left for a seemingly better job with more money to spend and chance of more exposure and it blew up in his face.

Just noticed I missed the word in bold, doh!

I'm glad you agree. ;)

Thing is though, we can't really be back-stabbing Levein as he is not one of us. He is the manager of Dundee Utd. He is one of our oponents, one of our enemies. :)

IMO, back-stabbing is when you go after someone on our own side.

Bindy Badgy
said that the 2nd player sent off was not fair as we did the same in the first half ? What the feck is he on about !

Search me.

I can't remember one of our players putting in a similar challenge to the one the United player received a straight red for:confused:

portobellojambo1
Exactly.

Well put bighusref.

My summing up of yesterday's game was that again the better of two average teams on the day won, nothing to do with who was managing either side. Have only seen Dundee United twice recently prior to yesterday, versus Rangers in CIS Cup Final and Motherwell last week, both times they played a hell of a lot better than they did yesterday, which we should be grateful for.

Yesterday was a better performance than last week from us (in saying that it would have been difficult to perform any worse than last week), and the three points were welcome, but anyone getting remotely excited over yesterday's performance is easily excitable.

Thing is though, we can't really be back-stabbing Levein as he is not one of us. He is the manager of Dundee Utd. He is one of our oponents, one of our enemies. :)

IMO, back-stabbing is when you go after someone on our own side.

So you cannot stab enemies in the back?!?! When did this rule come in? ;)

The point I was trying to make was that up until kick off yesterday, with few exceptions (notably my mate Gambo!) Craig Levein has been lauded to high heaven on here. One loss to Hearts at Tynecastle and he is "patronising", "walk out boy", "self centred" and told to "get a grip".

Craig Levein, as recently as a few months ago, stated to a crowd of Hearts fans in the Gorgie Suite that he "was still and always would be a Hearts man; Hearts are MY club". He has done little more than look after the club that employs him since going there. He has attempted to be respectful and honourable to the players, owner and fans without hiding the fact that he is a Hearts man. I personally have a huge amount of respect for him.

Having said all of that, I don't want him back at Hearts as a manager, go figure.

Archived