was sheep winnin bad?

jamborleystatto

jamborleystatto

I suggest not, if we win at killie and we have to.

This would mean both teams would have to win the Falkirk dons game and Aberdeen need to win by a big margin.

This has made it harder for Falkirk who we obviously don't want to win.

A draw or a dons win and there at home remember,this together with a hearts win and we are top 6.

I wood suggest taking spelling lessons ;)

But yeah your right,aberdeen will now be right up for the game against that **** Hughes mob next week and if we can manage to get a result in killie (touch wood!!) we could well sneak into the top six....woopee!!!

Been a long time since Falkirk won at Aberdeen so we win at Killie and we should be fine. :)

deja vu

we needed a win at kille the last game of last season, only we needed the sheep NOT to win against der hun

this time again we need to win at killie only this time hope the sheep win

oh, the life of a jambo, its never simple:confused:

alwaysthereinspirit

Right on the money. Great result for Hearts with Aberdeen winning.

Going out on a limb here. If we make top 6 we make Europe.:)

kennygarland1

But yeah your right,aberdeen will now be right up for the game against that [filter edit]'s Hughes mob next week and if we can manage to get a result in killie (touch wood!!) we could well sneak into the top six....woopee!!!

Ahem,that would be whoopee;)

If we win it will likely be only a 1-0 with our lack of firepower at the moment. It?s going to be a tight one...I would favour the Dons to beat Falkirk at Pittodrie but Pittodrie like Tynecastle is not the fortress it used to be.

shaun.lawson

Er - and how are we going to manage that then? 4th doesn't get you in, y'know...

Footballfirst

Fairly simple options to make the top six.

• Falkirk need to win
  • Hearts need to win and Falkirk not to win
  • Aberdeen need to win and for Hearts not to win

I dont think goal difference will be a factor because of the size of the gaps at the moment. A draw is of no use to us.

6Falkirk 32 -3 42

7Hearts 32 -6 41

8Aberdeen 32 -11 41

Bindy Badgy

But yeah your right,aberdeen will now be right up for the game against that [filter edit]'s Hughes mob next week and if we can manage to get a result in killie (touch wood!!) we could well sneak into the top six....woopee!!!

:P

Do The Dance

Is it just me that's noticed that Aberdeen v Falkirk ain't til Monday night???

Rudi Skacel

Well that ruins it abit. That means if we win then depending on the margain Aberdeen could need to win by atleast 6 or 7. We know they probably wont so it might just disuade aberdeen a touch and they wont be as commited.

Was just about to mention that, if we win then Aberdeen will have lost interest.

Should the SPL not ensure these games are played simultaneously though?? To ensure a fair contest?

Do The Dance
Was just about to mention that, if we win then Aberdeen will have lost interest.

Should the SPL not ensure these games are played simultaneously though?? To ensure a fair contest?

We're not the old firm mate.

We're not the old firm mate.

Interestingly, Yogi was quoted in the paper the other day complaining about the fact that their game had been moved to the Monday night..

I'm pretty sure he won't be following that up now though...

Tommy Brown

another overlooked spl feck up

our game is run by the biggest only changed diots ever known

this game was onlt re-scheduled las week

JamboGraham

Not ideal I agree. However, to be honest not sure I really buy into the whole trying more or less thing. I would have thought that Falkirk going to Aberdeen and needing to win is not going to be an easy ask for them whatever the situation...

I said a couple of days ago that I was confident that two wins for us would get us into the top six. I still believe this to be the case...

Mr Quagmire
i suggest not,if we win at killie and we have 2 because gd is worse than falkirk,this wood mean both teams wood have to win the falkirk dons game and aberdeen needing to win by a big margin,this has made it harder for falkirk who we obviously dont want to win,a draw or a dons win and there at home remember,this 2gether with a hearts win and were top 6

or we can draw 3-3 ! :P

Can I just remind people of the LAST time we went to Rugby Park, and who was in goals that day? I will give you a clue, he was in goals yesterday.

That game was the first (and only so far) game I have left early, straight after the third goal to be exact.

We cannot get ahead of ourselves, we do not have a great recent record there, we must win before we even consider what may or may not happen on Monday.

Guest casper
Only if Rangers are the other finalist.

If rangers win the cup then the losing finalists do not get into Europe, 4th place does. You only get europe through the cup now if you actually win it.

If rangers win the cup then the losing finalists do not get into Europe, 4th place does. You only get europe through the cup now if you actually win it.

Incorrect.

The SFA missed the deadline to change the rule for this season. It's only from next season that the place would be passed on to the 4th place not the runner-up if the winner has already qualified for Europe.

Edit: Infact on closer inspection it may be the season after next where this comes in.

"Although UEFA's deadline for suggested changes to next season's competition had passed when the idea was floated, an SFA spokesperson confirmed the association hope to see changes implemented for the 2009/10 campaign."

Guest casper
Incorrect.

The SFA missed the deadline to change the rule for this season. It's only from next season that the place would be passed on to the 4th place not the runner-up if the winner has already qualified for Europe.

Edit: Infact on closer inspection it may be the season after next where this comes in.

"Although UEFA's deadline for suggested changes to next season's competition had passed when the idea was floated, an SFA spokesperson confirmed the association hope to see changes implemented for the 2009/10 campaign."

Really. I thought the rule had already been changes. Not like the SFA to make such a c0ck up.

Geoff Kilpatrick

As far as I'm concerned, top 6 would be an undeserved bonus for this season. I'd rather just concentrate on us winning at Killie and seeing what else happens.

Really. I thought the rule had already been changes. Not like the SFA to make such a c0ck up.

Yep, believe it or not Smith actually admitted they'd made a mistake by waiting until this season had started before announcing they were implementing the new rule in something like September. UEFA stepped in and said they were too late and would have to wait until season 2008-9...

Fat Striker

Had a look at one of the sheep's message boards and there is a thread where they are all pretty much in agreement about wanting to lose should we manage to beat Killie.

This rescheduling is a disgrace and the usual GFA stitch up. Teams have a habit of getting the result they want when they have advance notice (especially here as Aberdeen will be very confident of a Cup Final spot against Rangers).

We may well beat Killie but Falkirk will get sixth now.

132goals1958

Absolutely --- There is a lot of money riding on 6th place. If we win at Killie then the there wont be the same urgency in the game as far as the sheep are concerned. In fact they may decide to rest a few first team players. I think we are entitled to demand that both games are played simultaneously.

This rescheduling is a disgrace and the usual GFA stitch up. .

Which Glasgow club is this benefiting?

Which Glasgow club is this benefiting?

Neither but if either was involved this would not happen.

Same as last season.....

All we have to do is win.

As long we keep that part of the bargain, it doesn't matter what happens in other matches.

No point in wanting other people to do us a favour. We have to take care of ourselves first.

Archived