Romanov feared Zaliukas red card

Radge21

Lets face it he took the player from behind, that has been a big no-no for years now and too many ref's have been letting it go. There wasnt much more in it but he did take Jelavic from behind. We can't blame Brines alllll the time.

what a pity Brines waited to the 2nd half to start applying that rule, rather than after Weir's tackle on Skacel which was worse.

I can't wait for teh game at Ibrox where these things even themselves out.

The totally ludicrous red card, and not the first from Brines, would suggest he was correct, even if it was JJ who should have been allowed to make it.

Exactly, and Brines sent off Zal at easter road so well done Vlad! :thumbsup::whistling:

Victorian

virtually everyone has stated that the red card was incorrect... apart from the arse licking shitehawk andy devlin of the sun. according to him, eggert went in high, two footed and dangerously, and that he can "have no complaints" for being sent of for his "lunge".

we could do with a few hearts fans in the gutter media. all we've got is plastic hearts fan ewen cameron, who to be fair is a knobber.

asomerville

Vlad telling the world how it is.

Our players do not get a fair deal with the GFA officialshttp://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13332462.stm

He got it spot on. Their was always going to be a Hearts defender sent off on Saturday and Zaliukas would have been fav to be the one. Pity Jonnson was the SFA scape goat but it had to be someone.

Teuchterjambo

Once again Mr. Romanov has shown that he is one step ahead of the SFA mafia dogs. B)

Wow - and where will that get us ?

Just imagine what all our prospective signings for next year are thinking right now - they must be questioning whether they want to team up with this lunatic and his set up. No doubt someone will come along and say as long as the money is right they will sign - but what if the money we are offering is on offer elsewhere then it must come into the equation. We will never know how many players we have lost as a result of the lunacy that goes on but if anybody really thinks it hasn't come into the equation then I'm afraid they are detached from reality.

shaun.lawson

The fascinating thing about Vladimir when it comes to this sort of thing is he's always at least partly right:

- He's right that Hearts have been on the wrong end of many ludicrous, disgraceful decisions since he took charge of the club

- If there's not quite a mafia controlling the Scottish game, there is certainly a ridiculously tight old boys' network, covering the authorities, officials, media and the two biggest clubs, who profit from institutionalised bias week after week, month after month, year after year

- He's right that Iain Brines is simply the worst, most arrogant referee in Scotland

- And he's right that Marius Zaliukas frequently represents a red card waiting to happen

But he's 100% wrong to think the authorities give a flying one whether Hearts finish 3rd or not; wrong if he thinks Zal's sending off at Easter Road was incorrect (in fact, it was entirely justified); and above all, disgracefully wrong to torpedo any chance the team and manager had of getting anything at Ibrox.

Having done that, our beloved owner has increased the chances of Hearts failing to finish 3rd - whereupon he'll no doubt blame mafia conspiracies instead of looking closer to home. And it's quite extraordinary that anyone on here is willing to excuse him over a piece of such utter buffoonery; and, I might add, sabotage. Not the first time that word has applied to him either.

Vladimir Romanov may be partly right - but invariably, and once again on this occasion, that also makes him completely wrong.

jambo_til_i_die

what a pity Brines waited to the 2nd half to start applying that rule, rather than after Weir's tackle on Skacel which was worse.

I can't wait for teh game at Ibrox where these things even themselves out.

That was a point I put to the Huns but Diego, we all should expect that by now, however, can't deny its a rash tackle.

Teuchterjambo

The fascinating thing about Vladimir when it comes to this sort of thing is he's always at least partly right:

- He's right that Hearts have been on the wrong end of many ludicrous, disgraceful decisions since he took charge of the club

- If there's not quite a mafia controlling the Scottish game, there is certainly a ridiculously tight old boys' network, covering the authorities, officials, media and the two biggest clubs, who profit from institutionalised bias week after week, month after month, year after year

- He's right that Iain Brines is simply the worst, most arrogant referee in Scotland

- And he's right that Marius Zaliukas frequently represents a red card waiting to happen

But he's 100% wrong to think the authorities give a flying one whether Hearts finish 3rd or not; wrong if he thinks Zal's sending off at Easter Road was incorrect (in fact, it was entirely justified); and above all, disgracefully wrong to torpedo any chance the team and manager had of getting anything at Ibrox.

Having done that, our beloved owner has increased the chances of Hearts failing to finish 3rd - whereupon he'll no doubt blame mafia conspiracies instead of looking closer to home. And it's quite extraordinary that anyone on here is willing to excuse him over a piece of such utter buffoonery; and, I might add, sabotage. Not the first time that word has applied to him either.

Vladimir Romanov may be partly right - but invariably, and once again on this occasion, that also makes him completely wrong.

Agree entirely with those sentiments but that will not stop some on here managing to convince themselves and others that he is "the man" our knight in shining armour come to slay the baddies - the worrying thing for them is that they must be either brainwashed or have a similarly distorted view of reality - either way therapy beckons , if only Vlad would submit to some !

Gregory House M.D.

Lets face it he took the player from behind, that has been a big no-no for years now and too many ref's have been letting it go. There wasnt much more in it but he did take Jelavic from behind. We can't blame Brines alllll the time.

A bit like when Davie 'Barry Ferguson' Weir just about gave elliott whiplash in the 1

-0 game? Aye, ok.

jambo_til_i_die

A bit like when Davie 'Barry Ferguson' Weir just about gave elliott whiplash in the 1

-0 game? Aye, ok.

I'm not disputing that, simply admitting it wasn't the best of tackles.

Gregory House M.D.

Well can't you see whats happening when Davie Weir is given the freedom of the rule book to stick elbows into peoples necks with enough force to go through an interior door without punishment and Eggert gets his marching orders for that on Saturday?

scott_jambo

Nonsense.

Unless Brines is the ref of course.

Thunderstruck

I did say this on Saturday afternoon. I don't recall which thread - possibly the 'fishal game thread.

It was half in jest but there is a "history" when Brines officiates and Zal is hardly his favourite player.

Gregory House M.D.

By the way this may sound stupid but what if Vlad has had a look at the discipline table and then thought '**** this i'm not paying these ****s anymore in fines' and withdrew Zal to save him another record breaking fine. Then it went wrong because brines had been polishing his red card since he knew he was taking this game.

Harry Palmer

I can't believe that The Scum is our official media partner too.... :blink:

For at least the second time in a week, my pants are wringing after reading a KB thread. This one may be even more hilarious than the "It's anti-Catholic but it's not sectarian" one.

Zaliukas left out because Romanov feared a red card from Brines? Christ on a bike.

:facepalm:

Personally I hope the Dear Leader leaves out the whole first team on Wednesday against Celtic just in case any of these nasty GFA types sends one of our players off. Play the U19s en masse - it's the way forward.

we could do with a few hearts fans in the gutter media. all we've got is plastic hearts fan ewen cameron, who to

be fair is a knobber.

What do you say about that "Jambothroughandthrough"?

Victorian

What do you say about that "Jambothroughandthrough"?

i really couldn't possibly comment. <_<

colinmaroon

If Preston comes on camera and says it wasn't a red then, in view of his normal stance, it could not possibly, in any way at all whatever, a red!!!

colinmaroon

I'm fizzin' at Vlad.

I predicted two reds on Saturday and his dropping Zal put the kebosh on that!

portobellojambo1

Without knowing why Zaliukas was missing I believe what the BBC are reporting about as much as I believe Hibernian will win the treble next year, in fact I believe the latter more.

As "understands" or "has learned" goes this one is about as ridiculous as it gets.

Drylaw Hearts

If the BBC have got this spectacularly wrong I'm sure Hearts will comment - thats what we've done in the past......right ?

I happen to think the BBC and Brian McLauchlin have got it just about spot on and we won't hear any denial from Hearts.

I really think VR has completely lost his marbles this time.

Heartbeat

was the article written by Brian McLaughlan or has he done a report?

If so it gives it a bit more credability cos he doesnt make things up, is close to the club and is trusted I think.

In saying that something about it doesnt ring true. Zal was actualy decanted from the team bus and told he wasnt to travel. Why would they go that far? why not just simply tell him the loopy one had issued a decree and he wasnt to play. He is after all team captain and you would like to think he would have a positive influence in the dressing room even if not stripped along the lines as KK does.

I have no way of knowing but seems strange and dont think I believe this is the real situation

Groatallar

I can see Vlad's point with this one.

Since 2006 Brines has sent off 6 Hearts players

Gordon

Fyssas - ridiculous decision, never even fouled the Celtic player

Zaliukas twice, once for getting headbutted the other was not a goal-scoring opportunity (I would class this one as an honest mistake from a crap ref)

Jonnson twice, don't know about the one before but Saturday was a joke

There's 50% shocking decisions with a least one highly debatable.

No doubt other clubs have suffered too but I suspect they'll be two that haven't (over to the stattos)

Can't understand why he remains a grade 1 ref when he gets so many big decisions wrong.

Malinga the Swinga

I can see Vlad's point with this one.

Since 2006 Brines has sent off 6 Hearts players

Gordon

Fyssas - ridiculous decision, never even fouled the Celtic player

Zaliukas twice, once for getting headbutted the other was not a goal-scoring opportunity (I would class this one as an honest mistake from a crap ref)

Jonnson twice, don't know about the one before but Saturday was a joke

There's 50% shocking decisions with a least one highly debatable.

No doubt other clubs have suffered too but I suspect they'll be two that haven't (over to the stattos)

Can't understand why he remains a grade 1 ref when he gets so many big decisions wrong.

He doesn't get them wrong, he calls them exactly as he wants to. In his mind, any decision against Hearts is a right decision, and if he can assist the old firm, then even better. he was shown up in documentary against Motherwell as a very arrogant man, and the decision to refuse Zal appeal against Aberdeen, when the evidence was available to prove he was victim, not the aggressor, showed the man for what he is, a total and utter oxygen thief.

JamboSean

If it's true and Mr Romanov dropped Zali because of Brines, I'll love him even more.

The Real Maroonblood

If it's true and Mr Romanov dropped Zali because of Brines, I'll love him even more.

I bet Brines hasn't slept because of it.

:whistling:

Once again Mr. Romanov has shown that he is one step ahead of the SFA mafia dogs. B)

Correct

GFA can do one

:)

Already asked this on another thread but this is probably a better place for it...

Does anyone have a video of Zal's sending off V Aberdeen? I can't find it anywhere and I'm trying to explain to someone who hasn't seen it just how ludacrous a decision it was for Brines to reject the appeal..

Already asked this on another thread but this is probably a better place for it...

Does anyone have a video of Zal's sending off V Aberdeen? I can't find it anywhere and I'm trying to explain to someone who hasn't seen it just how ludacrous a decision it was for Brines to reject the appeal..

It's probably been wiped from existance.

SpikeDudley

...and we had a centre half sent off, so Mr Romanov was proved right! :teehee:

genius! :thumbsup:

Yep.

He told me when he awakens the theme tune to The Muppet Show is playing in his head.

That confirmed it.

Bloody hell...sometimes I..err...never mind. :unsure:

Archived