JJ wants answers.......

Clerry Jambo

heartsfc_fan

Brines has proved time and time again he's a useless ref.

The sooner he's oot the door the better.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be interested to see how many times Zal has received cards from Brines against his cards from other refs and other CHs in the SPL.

Brines does seem to love waving bits of coloured card at this one player an awfull lot from a quick bit of non-in depth recall btw. Not claiming anything any foul-play for certain but I can think of a good few times that this ref and this defender have been at odds right away from the top of my head. If Housty is to be believed then we already have an indication that Brines does not make decisions on the merits of particular incidents alone, rather he takes other circumstances in to consideration first...

Has brines ever sent miko off because of what the offence was or was it other circumstances with miko that merited red cards,same could be said for other refs who have sent him off.

The Gasman

I have another theory since we are banding them about.

Pure idle speculation, not ITK, but.....

Could there be a buyer (for Zal) waiting in the wings, who does not want their new signing to start next season missing important games because they're suspended?

Look, Vlad knew we would get F all from Ibrox so stopping our captain potentially getting sent off was a good thing, if that's what actually happened.

Another classic from JKB's funniest poster :)

Maybe Zal had money on himself getting a red or he's in on it with brines!

Nucky Thompson

Could there be a buyer (for Zal) waiting in the wings, who does not want their new signing to start next season missing important games because they're suspended?

I'm sure it would only become relivent if the buyer was from the SPL

portobellojambo1

One would suspect it is either that or a disciplinary reason Gasman. The idea that he was excluded in case he got sent off doesn't really wash does it, or does it (it may do for some, but I simply cannot believe we would exclude players because the referee might send them off, it just seems a bit far fetched, in fact totally ludicrous to be honest).

I've just had a read through the link that was in the original post and this bit caught my eye.

The behind-the-scenes fight by football mafia structures for the third place in the table started long ago, much before the incident with Marius Zaliukas

I might be interpreting the above wrong, but I think what is meant by that statement is that a decision has been made that Dundee United should finish 3rd in the league (or anyone bar Hearts possibly), although accept as statements go it maybe isn't particularly clear. If I've interpreted it correctly I think maybe someone should have gone over how the season has progressed before Mr Romanov issued this remark. Nothing to do with conspiracies, more to do with a dramatic change in performance levels since the end of December 2010.The only reason 3rd hasn't been secured is solely down to the change in how we were performing for a period in comparison with how we have been performing in 2011.

super_vlad

One would suspect it is either that or a disciplinary reason Gasman. The idea that he was excluded in case he got sent off doesn't really wash does it, or does it (it may do for some, but I simply cannot believe we would exclude players because the referee might send them off, it just seems a bit far fetched, in fact totally ludicrous to be honest).

I've just had a read through the link that was in the original post and this bit caught my eye.

The behind-the-scenes fight by football mafia structures for the third place in the table started long ago, much before the incident with Marius Zaliukas

I might be interpreting the above wrong, but I think what is meant by that statement is that a decision has been made that Dundee United should finish 3rd in the league (or anyone bar Hearts possibly), although accept as statements go it maybe isn't particularly clear. If I've interpreted it correctly I think maybe someone should have gone over how the season has progressed before Mr Romanov issued this remark. Nothing to do with conspiracies, more to do with a dramatic change in performance levels since the end of December 2010.The only reason 3rd hasn't been secured is solely down to the change in how we were performing for a period in comparison with how we have been performing in 2011.

Now when did the 2 guys from the SPL and SFA go to see Vlad again about changing the league Structure? Also the most out-spoken person about the 10 team league is Thompson, does Vlad believe that decisions are going in favour of Utd as some sort of back-hand to get him to vote for the 10 team league?

One more goal in any of the last 5 games before the rangers game and we would be guarantee 3rd, no-one to blame but ourselves!

Clerry Jambo

Unfortunately facts would get in the way of Clerrys Vlad Bashing :mellow:

Baz - I am an easy target on here, don't be predictable. Believe it or not there have been occasions were I have stuck up for Vlad but in the main, as commented before by other posters he has brought embarrassment to the club. Finally I would like to know what FACTS I am meant to be ignoring. If it's FA's history lesson on Dave Mackay, a bit before my time so can't comment. I presume YOU were aware of it as YOU seem to know ALL the facts.

Robbo-Jambo

Leave out a solid defender in favour of a makeshift awful centre pairing, therefore reducing the ability to compete and potentially take points from the game on the chance he might get sent off?

Pretty much throw the game on hypothetical red cards?

Really?

Good post. :thumbsup:

wright1989

People actually thought we might have taken points off Rangers if Zal was playing?

and I'm the one that get's ridiculed. :facepalm:

tartofmidlothian

Just read the first page of this thread. Does it get any better?

Chris Benoit

No save yourself and get away now

Coburg Hearts

It started badly and degenerated quickly is the short answer.

Dr. Bapswent

People actually thought we might have taken points off Rangers if Zal was playing?

Don't be such a drama queen, nobody really thinks we would have taken points of Rangers.

But some people are smart enough to realise that to increase your chances you have to play your strongest team, not hamstring yourself by voluntarily removing a first team pick.

Do you see?

wright1989

Don't be such a drama queen, nobody really thinks we would have taken points of Rangers.

But some people are smart enough to realise that to increase your chances you have to play your strongest team, not hamstring yourself by voluntarily removing a first team pick.

Do you see?

I'm not an idiot. Having Zal play wouldn't have made a difference to the result (Maybe 3-0), we would still have lost.

Dr. Bapswent

I'm not an idiot. Having Zal play wouldn't have made a difference to the result (Maybe 3-0), we would still have lost.

Nope....you haven't convinced me at all.

Francis Albert

Baz - I am an easy target on here, don't be predictable. Believe it or not there have been occasions were I have stuck up for Vlad but in the main, as commented before by other posters he has brought embarrassment to the club. Finally I would like to know what FACTS I am meant to be ignoring. If it's FA's history lesson on Dave Mackay, a bit before my time so can't comment. I presume YOU were aware of it as YOU seem to know ALL the facts.

I was alive but not old enough to know the Mackay story first hand. But instead of swallowing whole all the media and internet chatter I've taken the trouble to listen to others and to read a bit about the history of my club. I did know at first hand the Tommy Walker story, the Willie Bauld story, the Jim Cruickshank story. . I don't know ALL the facts but know enough to view Vlad's record as Hearts owner with some perspective. In the main he has brought embarrassment to the club only to those who seem desperately keen to be embarassed.

ColinS1874

could have done one of his runs to put us 1 up and also made 4 goal line clearances you just never know :whistling:

If Vlad was so sure of a red card he could have backed his judgement & made a few quid betting on it.

If Vlad was so sure of a red card he could have backed his judgement & made a few quid betting on it.

Maybe he did.

However betting is illegal in some countries so perhaps not.

Drylaw Hearts

Really ?

You're doing a fine impression of one.

Clerry Jambo

I was alive but not old enough to know the Mackay story first hand. But instead of swallowing whole all the media and internet chatter I've taken the trouble to listen to others and to read a bit about the history of my club. I did know at first hand the Tommy Walker story, the Willie Bauld story, the Jim Cruickshank story. . I don't know ALL the facts but know enough to view Vlad's record as Hearts owner with some perspective. In the main he has brought embarrassment to the club only to those who seem desperately keen to be embarassed.

Where's that heid in the sand smiley!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Clerry,

What is the trade off between success and insult for you? Just out of interest, what would we have to achieve under Vlad's meddling before you would say: 'well okay, fair dos, the annoying shit is worth all this'

I think this is the biggest difference between most of us on here. For some it has already been achieved with staying at Tynie, not going out of business due to debt, second place, champ league qualifiers, Scottish Cup and better players than our debt would normaly allow us if we were indebted to a UK bank. For others I reckon another cup or for others still maybe the league... Yet others still will demand debt forgiveness.

Where's your line in the sand?

rossthejambo

You were quick enough to have a go at JJ (your arch-nemesis) for suggesting that Rangers would be "flying" on Saturday, yet you're happy to say we'd have lost whatever the outcome?

Not exactly a winning mentality is it.

BTW you're having an absolute mare on this thread :lol:

Clerry Jambo

Clerry,

What is the trade off between success and insult for you? Just out of interest, what would we have to achieve under Vlad's meddling before you would say: 'well okay, fair dos, the annoying shit is worth all this'

I think this is the biggest difference between most of us on here. For some it has already been achieved with staying at Tynie, not going out of business due to debt, second place, champ league qualifiers, Scottish Cup and better players than our debt would normaly allow us if we were indebted to a UK bank. For others I reckon another cup or for others still maybe the league... Yet others still will demand debt forgiveness.

Where's your line in the sand?

Mothy

I wish had all day to answer your questions.......

Vlad keeping us at Tynie, getting us VALUE FOR MONEY in the transfer market and THAT 1st YEAR with the level of player we brought in are ALL down to Mr Romanov.

That's when it goes pear shaped...

Negatives - hahaha I had started to list them Mothy but what's the point!

To try and simply answer your question, Vlad gives manager a set budget, manager knows what he can do in the transfer market and let him go and build a side ( yes we will sell our best players but that has always happened in my lifetime, no problem with that )

No interference whatsoever, because what is the point when he can pull players even when they are on the bloody team bus heading for the game, just incredible.

Here is our record since 2000:

1999/00 - 3rd

2000/01 - 5th

2001/02 - 5th

2002/03 - 3rd

2003/04 - 3rd

2004/05 - 5th

2005/06 - 2nd

2006/07 - 4th

2007/08 - 8th

2008/09 - 3rd

2009/10 - 6th

We have had 2 of the worst final positions since Vlad took over, and there are people on here trying to say we have progressed!!

Gies a brek

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Equally though Clerry, 2000 onwards is when the debt became the biggest threat to future of the club. I don't welcome the meddling but I see it as the trade of to our being solvent and competitive until something is done to remove it's threat. I am not sure we would even be an SPL club with our stadium right now had Vlad not taken us on.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Sorry, meant to add: dDo you think we would have been better or worse of right now, had Vlad never come in?

Mothy

I wish had all day to answer your questions.......

Vlad keeping us at Tynie, getting us VALUE FOR MONEY in the transfer market and THAT 1st YEAR with the level of player we brought in are ALL down to Mr Romanov.

That's when it goes pear shaped...

Negatives - hahaha I had started to list them Mothy but what's the point!

To try and simply answer your question, Vlad gives manager a set budget, manager knows what he can do in the transfer market and let him go and build a side ( yes we will sell our best players but that has always happened in my lifetime, no problem with that )

No interference whatsoever, because what is the point when he can pull players even when they are on the bloody team bus heading for the game, just incredible.

Here is our record since 2000:

1999/00 - 3rd

2000/01 - 5th

2001/02 - 5th

2002/03 - 3rd

2003/04 - 3rd

2004/05 - 5th

2005/06 - 2nd

2006/07 - 4th

2007/08 - 8th

2008/09 - 3rd

2009/10 - 6th

We have had 2 of the best final positions since Vlad took over, and there are people on here trying to say we have progressed!!

Gies a brek

Clerry Jambo

Oh fur f$$k sake....

8th 3rd and 6th is progress :teehee:

I have commented on 2nd and praised our saviour for that :yucky:

Clerry Jambo

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13332462.stm

"If I've got any problems I'll not be sitting here discussing it with you - I'll be discussing it with the owner and Sergei."

:yas:

yeah just watched the pre-match conference.

Interesting bit for me was when JJ said " I will know what to do next time this situation arises"

It was tricky at times for JJ even with his experience, the media guys wouldn't let up

Sorry, meant to add: dDo you think we would have been better or worse of right now, had Vlad never come in?

I think most of us, taking a balanced view, know the answer to that and accept that the economy and Scottish football are on decidedly shoogly pegs (How do you spell that, should it be shougly/shugly?) but for some it is a pointless question. By the way is there a set of Monkeys that "See no good, Hear no good, Speak no good??"

Anyone who takes the balanced view is doing so despite having their head in the sand apparently.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think most of us, taking a balanced view, know the answer to that and accept that the economy and Scottish football are on decidedly shoogly pegs (How do you spell that, should it be shougly/shugly?) but for some it is a pointless question. By the way is there a set of Monkeys that "See no good, Hear no good, Speak no good??"

Anyone who takes the balanced view is doing so despite having their head in the sand apparently.

I like to think I share the balanced view really. Lots I don'y really like but oh so glad for the positives. :huh:

Coburg Hearts

I don't think it's a pointless question at all. Surely it must be spelt shoogly? :lol:Sorry

I don't think it's a pointless question at all. Surely it must be spelt shoogly? :lol:Sorry

Cheers, spellcheck sometimes just isn't enough!

Archived