JJ wants answers.......

Clerry Jambo

The People's Chimp

So, to recap.....

The Great Vladimir relieved our Capitano of playing duties to keep him clear of the wrath of Brines, thereby saving Zal's reasonable reputation live on TV and not scuppering any deal that's in the pipeline.

The man is a genius.

You forgot the part where Zal deliberately gave away a foul in the derby, leading to a goal and his red card. This was on the orders of the Lithuanian betting syndicate. Jennings at Motherwell is also implicated.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mulleted_jambo

Just got a text saying "kickbacks for ar*******"

I think this thread clarifies the situation. Thanks :whistling:

Corrie Jambo

How many times when we are playing big teams does Vlad do something to weaken our team especially away at the bigot brothers?

Dr. Bapswent

Leave out a solid defender in favour of a makeshift awful centre pairing, therefore reducing the ability to compete and potentially take points from the game on the chance he might get sent off?

Pretty much throw the game on hypothetical red cards?

Really?

Coburg Hearts

Whenever Vlad says something the statement normally loses much of its original meaning in translation, so it is undoubtedly the same this time. You don't make the kind of money he is worth, by being a fool; so much of the stuff on this thread is utter drivel.

As for what went on with Zal, who knows? He must have done something to upset the owner or why would he even bother to do it? If Zal is being mouthy or refusing to be sold etc, he deserves everything he gets.

Meh!

good post, particularly the point about mistranslation. :thumbsup:

wright1989

Look, Vlad knew we would get F all from Ibrox so stopping our captain potentially getting sent off was a good thing, if that's what actually happened.

Drylaw Hearts

Look, Vlad knew we would get F all from Ibrox so stopping our captain potentially getting sent off was a good thing, if that's what actually happened.

Look. Stop posting utter shite.

Please.

wright1989

Please.

Go to hell.

Edit: Why is it 'utter shite?'

Clerry Jambo

Please.

Your sharper than sharp today DH, christ your even beating the sweary filter :whistling:

Chris Benoit

Please.

If only it was that easy.

Personally I don't believe this was the reason for Zal being dropped I just hope whatever issue it is will be resolved in time for Wednesday

Chris Benoit

Your sharper than sharp today DH, christ your even beating the sweary filter :whistling:

Shite isn't on the sweary filter, look SHITE! :D

Dr. Bapswent

Seriously, think about things before you say them

So because the odds are against the team, they shouldn't try with the best squad?

We should only put out our best squad against those we might win against?

If there is any risk of the player getting disciplined they shouldn't play?

Really?

Go to hell.

Edit: Why is it 'utter shite?'

Are you really asking that question ? Seriously ? blink.gif

I have another theory since we are banding them about.

I reckon Vlad done this deliberately to side show away from the upcoming accounts.

The old look over here and not other there scenario

Chris Benoit

I have another theory since we are banding them about.

I reckon Vlad done this deliberately to side show away from the upcoming accounts.

The old look over here and not other there scenario

Certainly more plausible

Maybe Vlad just likes Rangers more than Celtic ? Maybe he had a tenner on 4-0 oh wait that would be match fixing oh but yes we're already guilty of that ? Maybe the guy above Vlad in Sun dream team has Zal in his team ? Maybe Zal and Kello are lovers ? Maybe Craig Whyte has bought Ukio ? Maybe Vlad and JJ had a bet on who would get the most red cards in a season ? Maybe Vlad was bored and wanted a laugh ?

Maybe no one knows and maybe the press have jumped on this because they've not had a good Vlad story for a while ?

Tell you what though no one on here knows, but I'm sure we'll all find out in good time, now where's my Russian bunnet I could do with a kick about outside the old stand !!

Can I just say I just threw the idea in to the pot as a possible theory.

I myself think it is not the reason but wouldn't rule it out completely. It was a half serious/half in jest post.

The reason I said it is because when I saw Brines was the ref earlier in the week, I thought to myself that Zal would be sent off so we may as well not play him.

When I saw he was not playing, I said to my old man 'I wonder who will get sent off instead.'.

Jamhammer

The point, surely is that that decision shoud be made by the manager not the owner. We know and expect that if a player is stalling on a new deal the owner doesn't want them played. I'm sure JJ accepts that. The only justification for Saturday, IMO is if the rumour of illegal gambling is true. (I don't believe it is). Otherwise it's JJ's decision.

Dr. Bapswent

My theory is that Vlad is soooo skint that he has put everything including the shirt on his back on Rangers to win the title, and as Zal and Kello are the most awesome players in the world and with them we would waltz over Rangers at a canter he thought it best to construct some reason to get them out the team.

In 1 fell swoop he is looking after the future of the club by sorting out his dreadful finances and scuppering the relationship we have with 2 players and saleable assets.

Totally plausible.

Why is it so hard for some to see he has the clubs interests at heart?

Honest.

Marooned In Oz

The point, surely is that that decision shoud be made by the manager not the owner. We know and expect that if a player is stalling on a new deal the owner doesn't want them played. I'm sure JJ accepts that. The only justification for Saturday, IMO is if the rumour of illegal gambling is true. (I don't believe it is). Otherwise it's JJ's decision.

I just find it hilarious that a hunch that some punter had on a whim, which was taken as gospel by a couple of "roasters" on here turned out to actually be the case.

I actually laughed out loud when I saw the link. Quality banter once again from Vlad

wright1989

IF that's the reason (Which another poster mentioned) THEN it was a good idea. I'm not saying it did. I was more leaning to the point that we might as well rest players when we go to Ibrox or Parkhead.

EDIT: IT DID! :lol:

Drylaw Hearts

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13332462.stm

BBC Scotland learns that Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov withdrew Marius Zaliukas from Saturday's match against Rangers in case he was red-carded.

:lol:

Maybe Vlad had a dream in which Zal was sent off and demanded he was not to be involved.

But in a bizarre Final Destination like twist his replacement got the Red Card that was meant for Zal.

It's all beginning to make sense.

wright1989

Maybe Vlad had a dream in which Zal was sent off and demanded he was not to be involved.

But in a bizarre Final Destination like twist his replacement got the Red Card that was meant for Zal.

Stop talking 'Utter Shite'

Hahahahahahaha

That's brilliant DH. Brilliant!

:thumb:

Dr. Bapswent

in which case Zal will be in line for his red card to catch up with him next game....to set things straight.

best leave him out that game too then....

Only a Game

If our club captain really cannot be trusted to play at Ibrox without being sent off the answer is very simple. Get rid of him.

If our owner dictates that our club captain cannot be played at Ibrox because he might get sent off then the answer is the same, although admittedly not so simple.

I cant believe that there are posters on here attempting to justify our owners decision and reasoning to remove Zaliukas from the squad, if that is indeed the reason it was done.

Its ludicrous. Its shameful. Its wrong and its the latest in a series of complete and utter embarrassments this clown has bestowed on our club

Drylaw Hearts

in which case Zal will be in line for his red card to catch up with him next game....to set things straight.

best leave him out that game too then....

The Red Card will not be defeated in it's search for Marius Zaliukas.

redcard_239835t.jpg

:nozal:

If our club captain really cannot be trusted to play at Ibrox without being sent off the answer is very simple. Get rid of him.

If our owner dictates that our club captain cannot be played at Ibrox because he might get sent off then the answer is the same, although admittedly not so simple.

I cant believe that there are posters on here attempting to justify our owners decision and reasoning to remove Zaliukas from the squad, if that is indeed the reason it was done.

Its ludicrous. Its shameful. Its wrong and its the latest in a series of complete and utter embarrassments this clown has bestowed on our club

Perhaps it is Brines and not Zal that can not be trusted.

As I said earlier when I suggested this it was half in jest but also half serious but more because of Brines than Zal.

Dr. Bapswent

The Red Card will not be defeated in it's search for Marius Zaliukas.

redcard_239835t.jpg

:nozal:

deathredcard.jpg

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I would be interested to see how many times Zal has received cards from Brines against his cards from other refs and other CHs in the SPL.

Brines does seem to love waving bits of coloured card at this one player an awfull lot from a quick bit of non-in depth recall btw. Not claiming anything any foul-play for certain but I can think of a good few times that this ref and this defender have been at odds right away from the top of my head. If Housty is to be believed then we already have an indication that Brines does not make decisions on the merits of particular incidents alone, rather he takes other circumstances in to consideration first...

Drylaw Hearts

As much as Brines is a complete walloper he (imo) got the last Red Card he dished out to Zaliukas v Hibs correct.

He can't be criticised for getting a decision right.

I would be interested to see how many times Zal has received cards from Brines against his cards from other refs and other CHs in the SPL.

Brines does seem to love waving bits of coloured card at this one player an awfull lot from a quick bit of non-in depth recall btw.

Too lazy to do that, but in the last game...

8 fouls, 3 bookings, one sending off.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Tuna,

Cannae be bothered doing it either but there does feel like there is a bit of a personal thing going on with Zali and he.

First to admit I get very partizan in my views on things like this but... Brines does always seem to have a problem with our captain for some reason. Maybe just my maroon specs however.

The Old Tolbooth

:facepalm:

Just got a text saying "kickbacks for ar*******"

I think this thread clarifies the situation. Thanks :whistling:

You got that text then immediately went on to kickback ? :lol:

What was the thought process there ?

Close thread and change DH user name to Nancy Drew. Mystery solved. :lol:

Only a Game

Brines is the only one to send him off more than once ( twice by my reckoning)

The ER one cant really be argued with and if we're looking for a player being unfairly picked on by referees, I'd say Zaliukas is not a direction we should be looking in.

Incidentally, Brines also sent off Eggert Jonnson in the same fixture late last season.(Soft penalty award late in the game if I recall correctly)

Only a Game

Brines red cards for Hearts player as below

Craig Gordon at Falkirk - Took a player down who was rounding him and in on goal - No argument.

Takis Fysass against Celtic - Got it wrong. Admitted it. Card rescinded. Vital game and unforgivable mistake though

Paul Hartley in the same game - He missed the incident but Hartley was later done by the SFA. Clear red card if he had seen it at the time IMO

Zaliukas at Pittodrie - Got it wrong. Wouldnt admit it. Card stood

Eggert Jonnson at Ibrox last season - Soft penalty, even softer red card.

Zaliukas at Easter Rd this season - No argument

Jonnson at Ibrox this week - Soft to say the least and not consistent with punishment for similar fouls the opposition committed.

So out of 7 red cards, there are two that there is no argument with. Two that were blatantly wrong. One he missed altogether and the SFA did the dirty work for him and two that are very soft or harsh or plain inconsistent.

Clear evidence of incompetence I would say. Two key decisions correct ( 4 if you are being ultra generous) out of 7. Even at best thats just over half correct.I wonder what his record is like with other clubs. You'd have to know that before he could reasonably be accused of bias rather than incompetence.

Yes its all clear and the most logical reason so far

I would question the Gordon red card. I do not believe there was contact if I recall.

I would question the Gordon red card. I do not believe there was contact if I recall.

Oops. Double post. Damn phone.

Francis Albert

I know we have done this 'til we are blowing out our erses FA, but if that is the way fitba is going then it's in a poorer state.

Why employ fitba people to start with and what about the hardcore who paid their hard earned to support the team at Ibrox on Saturday, don't they deserve to see the best team possible on the park??

I know we have been over this again and again and you are clearly what I might term an "uber purist" on this front. The fact is the "fitba people" employed by football clubs act under various constraints of budgets and (by no means confined to Hearts) the identity of the players employed. It is not even that new. It is over 50 years since Tommy Walker was suddenly deprived of the services of Dave Mackay (and Dave Mackay denied the oppportunity to continue playing for who he wanted to play for) by the decision of the then owners. I don't really see any moral or much practical distinction between what was done then (and on numerous occasions before and since) and dropping a player for contract reasons if the objective is to maximise proceeds to the club (and arguably therefore for the longer term benefit of the club). Vlad has of course strayed beyond what is reasonable on a number of occasions (though not often in the last 3 to 4 years), but I just can't see it in the black and white, Vlad is uniquely evil terms that some do.

If Saturday's decision was really about the risk of a red (which I doubt) then it is another occasion on which he has over-stepped the mark. But if this and the Kello case are about trying to maximise the club's income, then I don't think that is "mad" or unreasonable.

We have all seen sendings off of that type before. Was either a red or a yellow and you can see why it was a red card.

Black and Obua were booked for dissent. I can't remember McGowan's booking beyond a vague recollection of a foul.

So in reality the foul/booking/red card ratio is not in any way out of order from that game.

Rangers had 14 fouls and 4 yellow cards so not incredibly dissimilar.

With regard to the Zaliukas red card theory - can't understand why VR was so desperate for Zaliukas to sign for Hearts - going to the extent of freezing him out - when he has always been a player prone to indiscipline (though slightly better in recent seasons). This theory doesn't make sense.

Everybody loves Baz

I know we have been over this again and again and you are clearly what I might term an "uber purist" on this front. The fact is the "fitba people" employed by football clubs act under various constraints of budgets and (by no means confined to Hearts) the identity of the players employed. It is not even that new. It is over 50 years since Tommy Walker was suddenly deprived of the services of Dave Mackay (and Dave Mackay denied the oppportunity to continue playing for who he wanted to play for) by the decision of the then owners. I don't really see any moral or much practical distinction between what was done then (and on numerous occasions before and since) and dropping a player for contract reasons if the objective is to maximise proceeds to the club (and arguably therefore for the longer term benefit of the club). Vlad has of course strayed beyond what is reasonable on a number of occasions (though not often in the last 3 to 4 years), but I just can't see it in the black and white, Vlad is uniquely evil terms that some do.

If Saturday's decision was really about the risk of a red (which I doubt) then it is another occasion on which he has over-stepped the mark. But if this and the Kello case are about trying to maximise the club's income, then I don't think that is "mad" or unreasonable.

Unfortunately facts would get in the way of Clerrys Vlad Bashing :mellow:

Archived