Lennon implies we didn't show alot of effort on Saturday

Devries4

herald

Don't think anyone has put this up yet.

Kinda happy to see Rangers win the league for sure now.

Maybe Lennon wants to look back at the end of season Celtic team and effort against Killie about 8/9 years ago when they didn't make much of an effort and Hearts lost out on a Euro slot.

Stewart MacD

NEVER happy to see the evil orcs win anything. I hope the mad one isn't trying to ingratiate himself into the funny handshake brigade.

Neil lennon is a RAT. I have nothing but contempt for the words that are excreted from his mouth!!

Plus Celtic are in no position to be moaining about teams lying down....

If they couldnt do a job against a bottom six opposition theits there problem!!

Diadora Van Basten

The man is a complete loony, hopefully we can get the satisfaction of beating them on Wednesday.

Italian Lambretta

We'll see on wednesday if he allows Zal and Kello to face the VicTims. :)

NEVER happy to see the evil orcs win anything. I hope the mad one isn't trying to ingratiate himself into the funny handshake brigade.

Guess The Crowd

herald

Maybe Lennon wants to look back at the end of season Celtic team and effort against Killie about 8/9 years ago when they didn't make much of an effort and Hearts lost out on a Euro slot.

A very good point. Reading the Herald interview though, it's another sensational-type headline - what he actually said was fair enough.

Gregory House M.D.

Coming from the manager of a club who stole our league thanks to suspicious effort by officials and St Mirren this is outrageous. Fast forward 20+ years and Celtic need to up there goal difference against guess who? Yes St Mirren, they then trounce the midden 5 or 6-0 and in true 'you scratch my back, i'll scratch yours' fashion get beat 1-0 in the cup by the exact same Midden side they faced a week earlier. Glass houses.

southside1874

Motherwell didn't try against Dundee Utd on Saturday either, they openly admitted to resting players for the cup. I didn't hear one peep from Tynecastle about it....................................DIGNITY :thumbsup:

Celtic have a whole season to win enough games to win the league. If Hearts choose to rest players for their impending home games because it suits them then I'm fine with that logic :thumbsup:

Say What Again

Tin hat on, but I don't see much wrong with what he said.

?What we?re looking for is somebody to compete and give Rangers a game as there?s not been much evidence of that in their two previous games.

The 4-0 scoreline surely proves there was not much evidence of competition.

Then he says

?Listen, every club has its own agenda for doing what they do. I?m not going to cast aspersions on other clubs.?

givememychoice

A very good point. Reading the Herald interview though, it's another sensational-type headline - what he actually said was fair enough.

exactly, his actual words are fine:

?We have two games to go and anything can happen, What we?re looking for is somebody to compete and give Rangers a game as there?s not been much evidence of that in their two previous games.

United have something to play for now as results went for them at the weekend. They?ll be looking for a result on Tuesday and then we will be looking for a result on Wednesday.

I didn?t see the Hearts team as we were training at the time, Listen, every club has its own agenda for doing what they do. I?m not going to cast aspersions on other clubs.

It was a good performance; comfortable, professional, solid and with a good intensity to their play. That?s the response I was looking for. We knew we had to win the game. I didn?t detect any hangover from the Inverness game at all. The remit was still the same, to win the game, and we?ve done that. So we?ll look forward to Hearts on Wednesday now.

There?s an edge to those games which makes it even better, The players will look forward to it and it?s an exciting time for them. There?s a point in it, which is nothing.

After Wednesday we could be two points clear, one point clear, or a point behind. But we have to win the game regardless of what happens on Tuesday night.

I can?t predict the future. There are so many variables in football so you just don?t know. It?s eachy-peachy,?

I intensely dislike the guy, but geez, all he is saying is that he needs rangers to drop points, but that hasnt happened and he is looking forward to the hearts game.

Couldn't give a toss what he thinks - if his own team had have shown up against ICT he wouldn't need favours of other teams

Edit - after readin the full interview(couldnt open it here) there's not much wrong with it - but still feck him !

Craigieboy

:verysmug:

Lennon is now shittng himself about the possibility of the terrorists not winning the title.

:pleasing:

I think we`ll see a return of certain personel. The Mad One will want to stick the boot into Celtic irrespective of an comments about us. The situation itself speaks a thousand words and i`d love to see us having already qualified for Europe, courtesy of a Rangers win on Tuesday, and we can go into the game relaxed and have a right go at them.

If that doesn`t materialise then there will be pressure on both sides not just the Jungles and its a different mindset towards the game, unfortunately.

Billy the Jambo

Nothing wrong with what he is saying .After all we did start the game at Ibrox with a goalie and 10 midfielders and that was supposed to be us going for a win

4marsbars

Can't argue with him saying that they are looking for teams to compete against Rangers. Nothing controversial about that.

The fact is that we did not field our strongest team, the team our manager wanted to pick, in an important match.

Whatever Lennon thinks, that makes me angry.

The Treasurer

Motherwell didn't try against Dundee Utd on Saturday either, they openly admitted to resting players for the cup. I didn't hear one peep from Tynecastle about it....................................DIGNITY :thumbsup:

Celtic have a whole season to win enough games to win the league. If Hearts choose to rest players for their impending home games because it suits them then I'm fine with that logic :thumbsup:

Motherwell did what was best for Motherwell.

I don't have a problem with that, I'd hope that Hearts would have done the same if we were in their position.

The ginger snake has implied things without actually saying it straight out.

The bottom line is whoever wins the league will win it because they won more points than anyone else, not because anyone didn't turn up in certain games.

Getintaethem

Nothing wrong with what he is saying .After all we did start the game at Ibrox with a goalie and 10 midfielders and that was supposed to be us going for a win

This is actually true!

exactly, his actual words are fine:

?We have two games to go and anything can happen, What we?re looking for is somebody to compete and give Rangers a game as there?s not been much evidence of that in their two previous games.

United have something to play for now as results went for them at the weekend. They?ll be looking for a result on Tuesday and then we will be looking for a result on Wednesday.

I didn?t see the Hearts team as we were training at the time, Listen, every club has its own agenda for doing what they do. I?m not going to cast aspersions on other clubs.

It was a good performance; comfortable, professional, solid and with a good intensity to their play. That?s the response I was looking for. We knew we had to win the game. I didn?t detect any hangover from the Inverness game at all. The remit was still the same, to win the game, and we?ve done that. So we?ll look forward to Hearts on Wednesday now.

There?s an edge to those games which makes it even better, The players will look forward to it and it?s an exciting time for them. There?s a point in it, which is nothing.

After Wednesday we could be two points clear, one point clear, or a point behind. But we have to win the game regardless of what happens on Tuesday night.

I can?t predict the future. There are so many variables in football so you just don?t know. It?s eachy-peachy,?

I intensely dislike the guy, but geez, all he is saying is that he needs rangers to drop points, but that hasnt happened and he is looking forward to the hearts game.

Having read this again I can see how there may differing interpretations which is fine, however, I know what he implying.

4marsbars

If Hearts choose to rest players for their impending home games because it suits them then I'm fine with that logic :thumbsup:

You really believe that Hearts chose "to rest players for their impending home game"?

So I guess we weren't showing much effort when his team humped us 4-0 this season? And Aberdeen in the famous 9-0. Funnily enough didn't hear any complaints after these results.

The lack of class on display from this clown this season has been utterly astounding, even by Celtic standards.

Chad Sexington

I hope we play out our skins on Wednesday and hand the title to the huns.

I then want Lennon to have a very public, Basil Fawlty-esqe, meltdown on the touchline. :thumbsup:

southside1874

You really believe that Hearts chose "to rest players for their impending home game"?

Nah, they are "injured":whistling:

Templeton'sUnderpants

Seriously nothing wrong with what he is saying. Headline a bit over the top just saying no one has competed with Rangers since the split, can't say I disagree with him.

The Old Tolbooth

Am I the only one who would be sad to see the back of Lennon from Scottish football, the way he continually thinks up new ways of making a complete and utter welt of himself is just priceless :rofl:

OTT headline, what he said was fine tho... tbh it wasn't far from the truth. Hearts were beaten before they stepped onto the pitch at ipox... A seriously poor team put out by JJ for whatever reason!

OTT headline, what he said was fine tho... tbh it wasn't far from the truth. Hearts were beaten before they stepped onto the pitch at ipox... A seriously poor team put out by JJ for whatever reason!

Say What Again
I then want Lennon to have a very public, Basil Fawlty-esqe, meltdown on the touchline. :thumbsup:

That would be immense.

gorgie_rebel

TBH I can't find fault with what Lennon said however the fact remains that If they had won in Inverness then this wouldn't be an issue.

Now it is the issue though...

this

would please me greatly.

Coburg Hearts

I would love it if Kello and Zal are playing, along with Webster and Driver, and KK is given this wonder injection that allows him to play once without mishap. I also hope celtic are denied a stone wall penalty in the last minute to win the game and KK goes up the park and scores the winner. Rat face Lennon is then a victim of spontaneous combustion and disappears in a puff of smoke. (saves funeral expenses) It would be great if his horrible, horrible club went the same way.

However, if none of the above transpires I'll settle for a draw. :rolleyes:

Tokyo Drifter

The scoreline isn't the point. Yeah we got pumped, but is Lennon so blinkered that he genuinely believes we would rather throw over third place and the money it brings us just so that Rangers can improve their goal difference slightly? Does he think Dundee United weren't going to bother competing before he said they should? Hasn't he looked at the table below 2nd place? If he had he might have noticed that there are two other teams battling it out for something this season?

Tool.

4marsbars

The scoreline isn't the point. Yeah we got pumped, but is Lennon so blinkered that he genuinely believes we would rather throw over third place and the money it brings us just so that Rangers can improve their goal difference slightly? Does he think Dundee United weren't going to bother competing before he said they should? Hasn't he looked at the table below 2nd place? If he had he might have noticed that there are two other teams battling it out for something this season?

Tool.

This post needs to be read by every Old Firm fan, might help them understand a few things.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Tokyo Drifter,

I like you a lot! ******* spot on mate, that is exactly the ridiculous scenario that is too often proffered in Scottish Football...mental thing is that the British press are so uninterested in non-OF Scottish football that they actively add to this mental and illogical bull-shit by not ever questioning such ignorant and insulting accusations against the rest of us.

So he implies we did not try, but did not see the game.

The thing is Celtic fans are like that and they will lap this up because they are a bunch of paranoid strokers.

They seem to forget we got hammered by them too, earlier in the season.

Saying that Hearts (and Motherwell) didn't compete is not fine. It implies a lack of effort. I have no doubt our players gave it their best effort on Saturday. Wasn't anywhere near good enough, which is another story.

Saying that Hearts (and Motherwell) didn't compete is not fine. It implies a lack of effort. I have no doubt our players gave it their best effort on Saturday. Wasn't anywhere near good enough, which is another story.

You are right, they did try.

It is not just this comment though.

Even before the game he said he will be watching Rangers' opponents to see how much effort they put in.

You are right, they did try.

It is not just this comment though.

Even before the game he said he will be watching Rangers' opponents to see how much effort they put in.

aye, Celtic fans are saying it is mind games to gee up the opposition. To me it reads as 'I've no doubt they'll all lie down to Rangers and try really hard against us'. Fact is his team had the totle in their hands and look to have blown it. Only 1 team to blame for that.

aye, Celtic fans are saying it is mind games to gee up the opposition. To me it reads as 'I've no doubt they'll all lie down to Rangers and try really hard against us'. Fact is his team had the totle in their hands and look to have blown it. Only 1 team to blame for that.

Yes, ICT - they did not lie down enough!

There?s a point in it, which is nothing.

After Wednesday you could be four points behind ya ginger-toothed rodent.

Edit - that was Lennon's quote - not givememychoice's

Anyone else thinking that Walter Smith will be 'thinking' exactly the same as Lennon and hoping that everyone else does really well against Celtic. Just that he has a bit of dignity and has risen above the ginger scum bag! Injuries and suspensions, I don't care. I just hope we can go out on Wednesday and wallop them! Then hopefully we can witness him implode rather than cupping his ears!!!

bigbadbill

Where on earth does this victim mentality come from and has it no bounds? Does this seedy little man really believe that collectively the other clubs and players in Scottish football are taking sides? Does he not realize that the problem is "THEM" not us? Dundee United looked pretty competitive the other week until another malignant influence snuffed out their challenge. Is it not about time that this dreadful little man's employers reined in his mouth? This has been by far the most unpleasant football season that I can recall and I do not think that it is an accident that it occurred during his time as a manager. His behaviour has been disgraceful throughout the season and his club has shamefully either condoned it or openly supported it. The rest of us deserve this better!

Juan Rom?n Riquelme
?I didn?t see the Hearts team as we were training at the time,? he added. ?Listen, every club has its own agenda for doing what they do. I?m not going to cast aspersions on other clubs.?

What a piece of shit he really is.

Just as Celtic never seen to try when they play European matches.

I am sure Eufa will be keeping an eye on how many times Celtic get turned over so easily.

The wee ginger gimp just wants trouble.

He loves all the controversy.

Sad little turd.

For me now its "come on the Rangers".

alwaysthereinspirit

Lennon is a coward. He may know his job is on the line.

Guest Dr. Pepper

He's a dick, its their own fault they are in this position. Had his side not shat themselves and bottled it up at Inverness they would be 2 points clear. Lennon (arsehole) wouldn't even have to bother worrying about the Rangers games.

And to think he was on the pitch at Ibrox acting as if it was in the bag :vrface:

Looking forward to Wednesday night

adayinmay

herald

I think you're being a bit paranoid on that front.

He says - ?I didn?t see the Hearts team as we were training at the time,? he added. ?Listen, every club has its own agenda for doing what they do. I?m not going to cast aspersions on other clubs.?

Taken by its word that sentence says he isn't casting aspersions but that the paper may have implied that in its question.

Lennon is right to hope that Rangers get more of a game against Utd than they did against us and Motherwell. We would hope for exactly the same.

The objective truth seems clouded in the paraniod hatred for Lennon in my opinion.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

My hatred for Lennon is based on the measure of the individual. After we fell out of the title race I wanted his team to finish first because of the potential damage that could do to RFC financially but Lennon himself has changed my opinion with his irritating victim routine... I now want to see the mingin wee ginger fud implode with rage when he loses the league.

Takis4king

I will LOVE IT when we beat them. For someone that was walking about ibrox as though they had won the league to come out two weeks later after his own team got beat by a bottom 6 side and say that we may have an 'agenda' stinks of someone that knows he is in big bother if he doesn't win the league. Hope this gets the players fired up for it, certainly has done the job for me!

Archived