Baffling team selection

bigsuperslim1874

bigsuperslim1874

Against motherwell we had some crazy defensive set-up which contributed to the 3 goals we lost. Today, a various times we have done it again - playing the pole at centre back. The last 2 times we have done this (including today) we have lost 3. We could have played mcgowan or darren barr there today. This is just one example of some weird team selections which have seriously contruibuted to bad results - especially when there are more obvious choices available. It needs to stop.

bigsuperslim1874

We would have been better with a pole at the back.

lmm28_gun_metal_pole_120-1.jpg

Aye mate, Couldnt have been much worse!

McGowan at centre half against Rangers at Ibrox?

He's had minimal SPL game time whilst Mwrowiec has had loads of game time and is a much more experienced player.

Barr is just back from an injury.

Jambof3tornado

McGowan at centre half against Rangers at Ibrox?

He's had minimal SPL game time whilst Mwrowiec has had loads of game time and is a much more experienced player.

Barr is just back from an injury.

Sense.

I know stevenson has played well but what got me is there was no pace upfront(apart from templeton). Rudi didnt look fit at all, stevenson needed elliott, obua well won his header and made some good passes but didnt look like a winger. We were struggling for options at the back so mrowiec and jonsson made sense as mcgowan has not played much and when he has its been in midfield.

bigsuperslim1874

Looks like i am in the minority here - fair enough! Still think that mcgowan showed enough when switched to center back to suggest he actually knew what he was doing as opposed to the pole.

Looks like i am in the minority here - fair enough! Still think that mcgowan showed enough when switched to center back to suggest he actually knew what he was doing as opposed to the pole.

I do agree with that but it would of been a risk to start him at centre back at ibrox for his first start. When he's played for us its been midfield so maybe jj didnt fancy him there. He may start there vs celtic now unless the zal situation gets sorted out!

Harry Palmer

It wasn't that baffling when you consider the injuries and suspensions..not to mention those that were struggling..

Chill.

Archived