Pre-season v 1. FC Union Berlin

Coney Island Baby

ToadKiller Dog

Randomly came across this on Twitter and I've not seen it posted.

Pre-season v 1. FC Union Berlin

Have been to Unions Stadium ,nice wee stadium in a working class district in old east berlin ,nearly all standing .

Would be a good trip for those that could make it .

plastic_bas

This is amazing news. I moved to Berlin last summer and have been going to Union games whenever I can. Really nice wee ground with fantastic fans.

This has made my day!

9th July. :)

Quality translation via Babelfish :

In the context of the preparation on the season 2011/2012 the 1st FC union Berlin denies two test plays in the domestic stadium at the old person F?rsterei. On 2 July the iron ones receive the FC Carl Zeiss Jena, before it hardened on 9 July to the latter before the season start in the 2nd soccer federal league comes. Test opponent is the Scottish traditional association Heart OF Midlothian FC made of Edinburgh. The crew trained by Jim Jefferies reserved in the Scottish Prime Minister League behind the two teams from Glasgow the 3rd seat and thereby for Europe League qualified itself. " That becomes a test, which has it sportily and atmospherically in itself. Traditionally teams are of the island seen with us very gladly. It is sporty a mad challenge to measure with a crew also in the coming season in a European competition represented ist" , so team manager Christian Beeck.

Sportilly & atmospherically indeed.

jambobroch

I was in Berlin last September and it was a great place. I had my heart set on getting a Union shirt, but when I went shopping they were rank, so I got a Hertha away top. I now wish I'd gone for the Union option! Would be a wonderful trip.

Adi Dassler

Berlin is a great city.

Sadly i don't think i will make it though.

My arsehole Hibs supporting cousin (the only black sheep in the family) is getting married that day.

Vlad-Stupid

Berlin is a great city.

Sadly i don't think i will make it though.

My arsehole Hibs supporting cousin (the only black sheep in the family) is getting married that day.

My cousin is getting married on the 6th of august so I'll miss the game on the 4th if we're in that round :(

Too near to the Europa Qualifier(when/if we make it!:rolleyes: )for my liking.If we do qualify and go in at an early round it will be close to that date,is that right?

I'll keep the pennies for the competitive stuff!

Eckauskas

Very tempting, was contemplating going but can't seem to find any decent prices :down:

MacDonald Jardine

Too near to the Europa Qualifier(when/if we make it!:rolleyes: )for my liking.If we do qualify and go in at an early round it will be close to that date,is that right?

I'll keep the pennies for the competitive stuff!

The first leg of the second qualifying round is the Thursday after this.

I've lost track - how do we start in the third round?

The first leg of the second qualifying round is the Thursday after this.

I've lost track - how do we start in the third round?

Lol!

I don't want to go on another qualifier permutation tangent,mate.Its near it anyway and tbh i find it hard to muster the energy to go to Tynecastle for friendlies never mind abroad.

portobellojambo1

Very tempting, was contemplating going but can't seem to find any decent prices :down:

Same problem I've been having. The ground is only about 3-4 miles away from Berlin Schonefeld airport, which you can fly to by Easyjet from Glasgow. Flight out is reasonably priced (about ?60) but returning on the Sunday I think the flight back is over ?100. Even looked at flying Easyjet Edinburgh to Amsterdam, and then doing the in between bits by train, but it is more expensive, as is Edinburgh to Cologne. Might leave it a wee while and see if prices change nearer the time.

Eckauskas

Same problem I've been having. The ground is only about 3-4 miles away from Berlin Schonefeld airport, which you can fly to by Easyjet from Glasgow. Flight out is reasonably priced (about ?60) but returning on the Sunday I think the flight back is over ?100. Even looked at flying Easyjet Edinburgh to Amsterdam, and then doing the in between bits by train, but it is more expensive, as is Edinburgh to Bonn. Might leave it a wee while and see if prices change nearer the time.

I looked at every possible German airport I could, but still couldn't find anything decent.

Found flights to Berlin from Edinburgh on the Ryanair site for ?27 there and ?28 back. But you were paying ?30 taxes on top of all that, so I didn't bother.

portobellojambo1

I looked at every possible German airport I could, but still couldn't find anything decent.

Found flights to Berlin from Edinburgh on the Ryanair site for ?27 there and ?28 back. But you were paying ?30 taxes on top of all that, so I didn't bother.

Yip, I saw those, and thought "Yes, this will do me", then you click on the flight details and all the feckin add ons pop up.

Eckauskas

Yip, I saw those, and thought "Yes, this will do me", then you click on the flight details and all the feckin add ons pop up.

Probably best we wait until Europe is sorted first, though. The Europa games ultimately would take precedent over any pre-season friendlies and there's no point burning all that money for a bounce game.

davemclaren

People have really got used to cheap flights. ?80 odd quid for a return flight to Berlin seems pretty decent value to me. :ninja:

Eckauskas

People have really got used to cheap flights. ?80 odd quid for a return flight to Berlin seems pretty decent value to me. :ninja:

Not for 3 students looking to travel to the away leg of our Europa League match as well.

Outstanding news I have just been told by my work that I will be in Germany for at least 3 days a week for the rest of the year so getting to go to Hearts games on company expenses doesn't get any better

the general

what days are the flights lad?

davemclaren

Not for 3 students looking to travel to the away leg of our Europa League match as well.

Fair enough. I just think you'll struggle to get cheaper than that but good luck. :thumbsup:

Selkirk_Jambo

Dancer. I live in M?nster but have to go to Potsdam (near Berlin) quite a lot for work.

Wonder if I'll be able to take in the game as an expense.

Made my day has this.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Same problem I've been having. The ground is only about 3-4 miles away from Berlin Schonefeld airport, which you can fly to by Easyjet from Glasgow. Flight out is reasonably priced (about ?60) but returning on the Sunday I think the flight back is over ?100. Even looked at flying Easyjet Edinburgh to Amsterdam, and then doing the in between bits by train, but it is more expensive, as is Edinburgh to Cologne. Might leave it a wee while and see if prices change nearer the time.

Before anyone decides on this, bear i mind just how far east Berlin is. When working in Frankfurt some years ago, I had a long weekend in Berlin. From Frankfurt, it was an overnight trip by train.

Archived