John Colquhoun

Chad Sexington

Denny Crane

Apparently Gareth Evans is still in his backpocket

Proper Gent.I got my photo taken for the programme with him and Stephan Frail one Wednesday night when I won the Jambo Jackpot (?1000.00).We beat Rangers that night as well.1994ish.

The Pieman was writing the cheque and JC asked him if it would bounce or if I would take it in installments.

7colquhoun

Pretty sure my KB name gives the game away but he's definitely my favourite Hearts player, not just for the goals, the runs but the constant getting up, dusting himself down from the numerous assaults on him. A league cup game at Falkirk when they had 3 players sent off all for fouling JC sticks in my mind.

Drylaw Hearts

OUT OF ORDER!!!! :lol:

A true Hearts great!

It was his speech about his time at Hearts, the ups and the downs. makes me well up just thinking about it!

:lol: :lol:

jambos are go!

a fantastic player for us with pace, skill, courage and eye for a goal. Can't agree that he was a great crosser of a ball though.

colinmaroon

Goal against The Sheep up at Pittodrie in Jan 86 always sticks in my mind, JC a legend!!

You've hit the nail on the head with that one!

Loved the wee man and, what a loss to punditry in Scotland as well!

ford donald

John Colquhoun

Simply one of the finest players ever to play for the Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

Brave as a lion: Hacked to pieces on a weekly basis, JC would simply dust himself off and go again at whatever thuggish defender had just chopped him down.

Wing King: JC had invention, guile and pace. A natural winger, JC could torment the best defenders with his pace, touch and skill. He wasn't all parlour tricks though. He could whip a fantastic cross in. How many goals did he set up for Robbo, Clark, Crabbe, etc?

Skill Skool: JC had incredible close control. His ability to cut in from the wing and terrorise a central defence was legendary. Check out his goal against Motherwell from the half way line.

Goaaaaaaaall!!! : Weighed in with big goals. A brace against the Huns at Ibrox, That volley in the Semi-final v Dundee Utd, The "freak" 30 yarder v Celtic, The killer 3rd v Mostar, etc...

Vermin: Stuck it up them on a regular basis. Lobbing Bandy...At will. :thumbsup:

Musical Taste: Joy Division.

What's not to love?

Please add your own JC memories.

JC WE SALUTE YOU!!!

John%20Colquhoun.jpg

colquhoun%20scores%20against%20hibs.jpg

Very underated in my opinion.Carried hearts a lot during his spell(s).

scots civil war

legend of a player to me

loved the geezer...hes a successful agent now i believe

was told recently he lives in east lothian or maybe berwickshire and is a decent player at golf n all

he was battered all over the pitch wasnt he,i sincerely hope he doesnt carry much pain nowadays as a result

icon

The Real Maroonblood

John Colquhoun

Simply one of the finest players ever to play for the Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

Brave as a lion: Hacked to pieces on a weekly basis, JC would simply dust himself off and go again at whatever thuggish defender had just chopped him down.

Wing King: JC had invention, guile and pace. A natural winger, JC could torment the best defenders with his pace, touch and skill. He wasn't all parlour tricks though. He could whip a fantastic cross in. How many goals did he set up for Robbo, Clark, Crabbe, etc?

Skill Skool: JC had incredible close control. His ability to cut in from the wing and terrorise a central defence was legendary. Check out his goal against Motherwell from the half way line.

Goaaaaaaaall!!! : Weighed in with big goals. A brace against the Huns at Ibrox, That volley in the Semi-final v Dundee Utd, The "freak" 30 yarder v Celtic, The killer 3rd v Mostar, etc...

Vermin: Stuck it up them on a regular basis. Lobbing Bandy...At will. :thumbsup:

Musical Taste: Joy Division.

What's not to love?

Please add your own JC memories.

JC WE SALUTE YOU!!!

John%20Colquhoun.jpg

colquhoun%20scores%20against%20hibs.jpg

What a fright I thought he had passed away.

bighusref

I worry that we will never see his like again. I really would like to think that my son, my son's son etc will be able to refer to their era's John Colquhoun, but I doubt they will ever get close to wee J.C.

gorgie_rebel

Was really trying hard to top what has been said already about JC.

All I can come up with is, after Robbo, he is the best thing in a Hearts top I have ever seen.

Loved the guy as a person. Idolised the guy as a player.

My favourite ever Hearts player.

And mine

:thumbsup:

Shirt tucked in at the front and out at the back

:)

jack D and coke

As others have mentioned the way he defended us to the hilt when we were getting pelters just cemented my feelings for the guy. And he was a cracking player. I've watched that miss against Bayern hundreds of times and don't think he done much wrong tbh but perhaps took a fraction wider than he needed to. If only that had went in :(

But nevertheless JC i love you masun :thumbsup:

alanjambo

My all time favourite player, bar none. As has been said, shirt tucked in at the front, untucked at the back. Waaaay better than Cantona's collar.

I grew up in England and JC was probably the biggest reason that I kept the Hearts faith (apart from my Dad). I loved Robbo but John Colquhoun is my favourite footballer of all time. For younger folk who were never fortunate enough to have seen him play, think Templeton at his best but harder.

I saw him before the 4-0 semi-final hammering of the hobos and my Dad said I should get my picture taken but I was still too shy. Overawed at 30 isn't something to be proud of but that's how much of a hero he was/is to me.

Great player.

Archived