Kevin McNaughton

JamboMarc

JamboMarc

His barge on the female assistant, looks deliberate to me! Some people are calling for an FA investigation!

If you look where the ball goes, he drops his shoulder to try and get back on the pitch full pelt to follow it, shes shielded by the defender no chance of seeing her...nice take out though

Victor Meldrew

You'd think he might have apologised, no?

Good manners from a Premiership footballer? Dream on.

What a gentleman. Pathetic that he doesn't help her up and apologise.

Sten Guns

No way did he mean that.

He was leaving the field, so pulled left and tried to stay in, as he looks up, only then he can see he is about to hit her.

An apology would have been nice though.

Mind you, had he apologised, you would have had folk complaining he was only fussing over her because she was female. :lol:

Good manners from a Premiership footballer? Dream on.

Premiership?! Calm down! He's garbage

Does look like he could've avoided it if he wanted to

Special Agent Dale Cooper

No way did he mean that.

He was leaving the field, so pulled left and tried to stay in, as he looks up, only then he can see he is about to hit her.

An apology would have been nice though.

Mind you, had he apologised, you would have had folk complaining he was only fussing over her because she was female. :lol:

Its true. Footballers hardly ever apologise to male officials. Would this been seen differently?

mahgrassyshoes

Premiership?! Calm down! He's garbage

Does look like he could've avoided it if he wanted to

Got the Cardiff fans player of the year playing in a team with a 20 goal striker and Craig Bellamy, can't be that bad. :whistling:

Nae Zander Diamond though.:ninja:

The Treasurer

Why?

He was trying to get to the ball, the "linesperson" got in his way

If any apology is necessary then it should be the other way round.

rossthejambo

Why?

He was trying to get to the ball, the "linesperson" got in his way

If any apology is necessary then it should be the other way round.

Common decency.

"You know I go out with the boys on a Friday!!!"

Fair play to the lass though, she just picks herself up and gets on with it while McNaughton is sprawled out on the grass.

Mysterion

first time you see it - looks like he's went into her big style.

watch it a couple of times back and look at how the ball is played and you can see that was accidental.

none the less - common decency whether male/female to check that the officials of the game are ok is severly lacking.

The Treasurer

Common decency.

Works both ways.

Besides it's not clear from the footage but it's just possible that he may or may not have muttered an apology as they collided

rossthejambo

Works both ways.

Besides it's not clear from the footage but it's just possible that he may or may not have muttered an apology as they collided

So someone runs into you and you have to apologise to them? Interesting.

Fair enough if he did I wasn't disputing whether he did or not (even though it does look as if he didn't), was just coming up with a reason for why you would give an apology.

doubt he meant it, the lino smiled about it and she is probably glad he didn't apologise as would he have apologised to a male official. So by not apologising he has shown that he doesn't care that the lino is female and she gets treated just like anyone else.

wright1989

She blocked his path for a potential shot on goal. She should be the one to apologise.

The Treasurer

So someone runs into you and you have to apologise to them? Interesting.

Fair enough if he did I wasn't disputing whether he did or not (even though it does look as if he didn't), was just coming up with a reason for why you would give an apology.

Yes, if I was the one who was in the way.

Another question, would anyone be getting all "good mannered" about this if it had been a male assistant ?

rossthejambo

Another question, would anyone be getting all "good mannered" about this if it had been a male assistant ?

Fair enough, doesn't absolve the blame from the person that walked into you though.

Why not? Decency isn't exclusively shown to females.

Boomstick

lol'd

she should have got his road

fact

:rofl:

She seemed fine with it, laughing away.

Footballers being ignorant, arrogant dicks is nothing new.

cosanostra

Of course.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

lol'd

she should have got his road

fact

She should have got his road? It may have been painful but giving her his whole street seems a bit excessive as compensation goes!

Better call Saul

Some over paid footballer would have been rolling about the floor for 5 minutes with that challenge ...good on her :thumbsup:

scott_jambo

She wasn't nice looking so my verdict is that it did not warrant an apology.

Well played Kev for putting her on her arse. thumbsup.gif

Got the Cardiff fans player of the year playing in a team with a 20 goal striker and Craig Bellamy, can't be that bad. :whistling:

Nae Zander Diamond though.:ninja:

Ah, my mistake, didn't realise Cardiff were in the Premiership

Craig Gordon / Dean Shiels. Still apply? :rolleyes:

The Treasurer

Of course.

I think we both know that this thread would have been more having a laugh at the linesMAN being dumped on his arse than one saying that he deserves an apology.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Of course. If someone did that to me at 5s and then just ran off without saying anything, I'd think he was a colossal dicksplash.

Sten Guns

I'm 99% sure he will have apologised to her behind the scenes. Away from the spot light. Like I said earlier, you would still get folk complaining that he made a fuss because she was female....

Plus like The Tresurer said, it's unclear if he did say anything to her at the time. Next time you see him after the incident he is away, could have been said off camera....

What a fuss over nothing, ha ha. Even the ref chuckled.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Could have at least had the courtesy to say sorry. What a dick.

cosanostra

I think we both know that this thread would have been more having a laugh at the linesMAN being dumped on his arse than one saying that he deserves an apology.

I would have apologised to anyone for that and would expect any normal, mannerly person to do likewise, regardless of the sex of the person who was decked.

The Treasurer

I never realised that JKB was populated by so many "gentlemen"

The same "gentlemen" that are quick to add their derogatory, sexist comments to any GHP threads.

Double standards ? It would seem so

Hypocrites ? Almost certainly

rossthejambo

I never realised that JKB was populated by so many "gentlemen"

The same "gentlemen" that are quick to add their derogatory, sexist comments to any GHP threads.

Double standards ? It would seem so

Hypocrites ? Almost certainly

So people say that they'd have apologised if they barged into a bloke or a woman are hypocrites because of what they say about women they're never likely to meet?

The Treasurer

So people say that they'd have apologised if they barged into a bloke or a woman are hypocrites because of what they say about women they're never likely to meet?

It's a question of "good manners" which everyone on this thread seem to think are so important.

They either cover all scenarios or none at all.

cosanostra

It's a question of "good manners" which everyone on this thread seem to think are so important.

They either cover all scenarios or none at all.

What a load of nonsense.

Chat on an internet forum is mostly bluster and not to be taken seriously.

Barging some chick to the ground and then turning and jogging away is a personal, face to face interaction - the two scenarios are completely different.

The Treasurer

What a load of nonsense.

Chat on an internet forum is mostly bluster and not to be taken seriously.

Barging some chick to the ground and then turning and jogging away is a personal, face to face interaction - the two scenarios are completely different.

What an ungentlemanly term to use when describing a young lady mellow.gif

cosanostra

What an ungentlemanly term to use when describing a young lady mellow.gif

Did you even bother to read my last post?

Internet chat is one thing, face to face interaction is another.

If you think they are one and the same, you must live a bizarre life to say the least.

Eckauskas

How does anyone know he doesn't apologise to her in the tunnel after the game?

Buffalo Bill

Certainly if it was me, I would have apologised to the lineswomen, or at least have helped her up and tried to make light of the situation.

Same if it was a linesman.

I just found that a bit uncomfortable to watch, and I can't say for sure if McNaughton didn't mean it.

P.S Her ability to do her job would put a lot of our Scottish officials to shame, not least the cheating Rangers fan, Andy Davis.

Glamorgan Jambo

In defence of McNaughton the Cardiff defence was having a nightmare and he needed to get back in position pronto.

jack D and coke

My first thought too. What a d*ck.

I'm thinking he meant that.

Bert Le Clos

I agree with your 2nd point. There's only being a big deal made of it because she's a female.

However, I stil think he should have apologised, regardless of her gender. She's a lineswoman, so I have difficulty in seeing how she got in his way. It's her place, on the line to have a clear view of whether the ball is in play or not.

If anything, he's got in her way by coming off the pitch. But it's not about who got in who's way, he steamed into someone by accident and an apology would have been the decent thing to do. If he did apologise then fair enough.

Archived