Barca v Real

cosanostra

Morgaro Gomis

I fancy Man U to turn Barca over in the final.

It will certainly be an interesting final as I don't see Man United sitting back and defending.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ignoranus

And Barcelona didn't suffer from any incorrect decisions in the tie with Arsenal or Chelsea.

And I have seen people sent of for what Pepe done many times. Hardly unprecedented. :keys:

Which decisions then? I'm not doubting the referee gave siome incorrect decisions against them but not the major ones.

So you think Pepe was rightly sent off? Laughable.

The Merse

Which decisions then? I'm not doubting the referee gave siome incorrect decisions against them but not the major ones.

They had a goal that was disallowed for offside when it was nowhere near and had a stonewall pen turned down.

What Merse said.

I thought Pepe was a harsh sending off. But it didn't reek of conspiracy.

Cardiac Rucksack

Good to see Abidal back. :thumbsup:

That Pedro is a horrible little shit

cosanostra

This ref is an absolute joker.

He must be someone's mate or something.

jamboinglasgow

against Chelsea Abidal should have never got sent off, it was a wrong decision. I call that major.

Against Arsenal Barcelona had a legitimate goal chalked off for offside.

Against Real Madrid in the first leg Pepe may not have deserved to be sent off but Real Madrid were lucky to finish with 10 men.

Ignoranus

What Merse said.

I thought Pepe was a harsh sending off. But it didn't reek of conspiracy.

Yeah maybe the offside, but the pen could have gone either way if i remember it correctly. Thats just the Arsenal game though.

Swung the tie in Barcas favour as Pepe was stopping them getting going.

Yeah maybe the offside, but the pen could have gone either way if i remember it correctly. Thats just the Arsenal game though.

You remember incorrectly.

It did.

The Merse

Barca were down to 10 men when they scored against Chelsea from a dreadful sending off decision.

Barcelona do not win because of referees.

Ignoranus

against Chelsea Abidal should have never got sent off, it was a wrong decision. I call that major.

Against Arsenal Barcelona had a legitimate goal chalked off for offside.

Against Real Madrid in the first leg Pepe may not have deserved to be sent off but Real Madrid were lucky to finish with 10 men.

Abidal should have been sent off before he did for bringing down Drogba when he was last man.

Barca deserved to have Busquets sent off for rolling about like a girl whenever anyone touched him.

Ignoranus

Barca were down to 10 men when they scored against Chelsea from a dreadful sending off decision.

As said, Abidal should have been sent off earlier in the same game anyway.

Maybe so, but they do get alot of controversial decisions going there way.

Great team though. No doubt.

The Merse

As said, Abidal should have been sent off earlier in the same game anyway.

Maybe so, but they do get alot of controversial decisions going there way.

Great team though. No doubt.

No more than any other team.

Three big decisions went against them in the CL semi last year and resulted in them going out.

PS I can't for the life of me remember that Abidal should have been sent off before hand.

jamboinglasgow

Abidal should have been sent off before he did for bringing down Drogba when he was last man.

Barca deserved to have Busquets sent off for rolling about like a girl whenever anyone touched him.

You must be the only non-Chelsea fan to think that.

He may be rolling on the ground but doesn't mean you start changing rules. He would have been booked.

Malinga the Swinga

Maybe not, but it doesn't half help when every major decision goes their way. If you watched the game, Villa carried on and had a shot that Casillas saved, after the ref had blown for offside. That is the decision that saw Van Persie sent off, and enabled Barca to beat Arsenal. The same thing happens numerous times, yet only when Barca needed the decision was that rule applied.

Sorry, but the ref tonight, asw ith most of their other games, was determined to see that Barca progress, as they are the blue eyed boys of fottball.

Ignoranus

You must be the only non-Chelsea fan to think that.

He may be rolling on the ground but doesn't mean you start changing rules. He would have been booked.

He was rolling about the ground on about 4 seperate occasions. Therefore sent off for simulation. :rolleyes:

JamboRossi79

GIRFUY you Real lovers. They are a bunch of dirty barstewards.

Tonight alone could and should have seen Carvalho, Diarra, Alonso and Marcelo all sent off on another night, how Real managed to keep 11 men on the pitch it quite simply a miracle although I suspect the ref was under some real pressure to not send off a Real player.

Well played Barca, the better football side won.

Oh and if we are looking at decisions then do me a favour, even as a fan of Inter my team got away last year with an offside goal and a stonewall pen in the first leg and then in the second a dubious goal to be chalked off by Bojan near the end.

This year against Arsenal, Barca had at least one stonewall pen turned down at Camp Nou and van Persie could well have been sent off for raising his hands before he was sent off, let's face it it made no difference anyway as Barca were so far on top and I could go back to the first leg when Barca again had a goal wrongly chalked off.

Finally the first leg against Real could well have seen both Marcelo and Adebayor sent off on another night as well as the correct decision to send off Pepe.

Rant over.

Ignoranus

No more than any other team.

Three big decisions went against them in the CL semi last year and resulted in them going out.

PS I can't for the life of me remember that Abidal should have been sent off before hand.

Do you recall the Thiago Motta sending off in that Semi final? That was a laughable decision aswell. Wouldnt have been a red card had it been the other way around.

The Merse

Do you recall the Thiago Motta sending off in that Semi final? That was a laughable decision aswell. Wouldnt have been a red card had it been the other way around.

He'd already been booked.

Ignoranus

He'd already been booked.

It was a straight red. Although he had been booked.

Malinga the Swinga

GIRFUY you Real lovers. They are a bunch of dirty barstewards.

Tonight alone could and should have seen Carvalho, Diarra, Alonso and Marcelo all sent off on another night, how Real managed to keep 11 men on the pitch it quite simply a miracle although I suspect the ref was under some real pressure to not send off a Real player.

Well played Barca, the better football side won.

Oh and if we are looking at decisions then do me a favour, even as a fan of Inter my team got away last year with an offside goal and a stonewall pen in the first leg and then in the second a dubious goal to be chalked off by Bojan near the end.

This year against Arsenal, Barca had at least one stonewall pen turned down at Camp Nou and van Persie could well have been sent off for raising his hands before he was sent off, let's face it it made no difference anyway as Barca were so far on top and I could go back to the first leg when Barca again had a goal wrongly chalked off.

Finally the first leg against Real could well have seen both Marcelo and Adebayor sent off on another night as well as the correct decision to send off Pepe.

Rant over.

that sort of quote really hacks me off. It isn't boxing, when a game can be stopped. Of course it made a difference as the score was 1-1 with about half an hour to go , and Barca would have had to take risks. Much like the first leg of the semi, they get an opposition player sent off, and are allowed to flood midfield with less risk.

If being on top is all that matters, why bother with goals if possession is all that counts. Using that stupid logic, Rangers beat Hearts at Tynecastle this season, even though we scored 1 and they scored none, as they dominated the game. It's goals that count and when the teams were 11 v 11, Arsenal were going through.

JamboRossi79

that sort of quote really hacks me off. It isn't boxing, when a game can be stopped. Of course it made a difference as the score was 1-1 with about half an hour to go , and Barca would have had to take risks. Much like the first leg of the semi, they get an opposition player sent off, and are allowed to flood midfield with less risk.

If being on top is all that matters, why bother with goals if possession is all that counts. Using that stupid logic, Rangers beat Hearts at Tynecastle this season, even though we scored 1 and they scored none, as they dominated the game. It's goals that count and when the teams were 11 v 11, Arsenal were going through.

Arsenal didn't have one single shot on goal laugh.gif

JamboRossi79

JR79. I like Real? :blink:

Nope you are a weird Barca hater which clearly means you don't like football. thumbsup.gif

The Merse

If the ref was so pro Barca then why didn't he give a penalty to Messi in the first half.

It was a stonewaller.

JamboRossi79

If the ref was so pro Barca then why didn't he give a penalty to Messi in the first half.

It was a stonewaller.

Or the goal in the 1st leg.

It's a conspiracy. laugh.gif

Arthur Morgan

I don't know why Pedro plays so often for Barca, IMO Afellay is much better

This.

Although I wouldn't say much better, only slightly but I have been very impressed with Afellay any time I have seen him get his chance for Barca.

He is a great wee player.

This.

Although I wouldn't say much better, only slightly but I have been very impressed with Afellay any time I have seen him get his chance for Barca.

He is a great wee player.

to be fair affelay was bought in jan as planning for next season so he could be given time to settle and get used to the playing style. He has played well when given the chance but next season is when he will IMO get more game time and improve as a player.

Archived