Which OF do you wish to win the league?

JamboAberdeen

jambonian

The very worst thing that could happen is them winning the title at Tynecastle. That would be horrific.

Sure some kickbackers would love it though. :down::yucky:

Strange thing to say!

cosanostra

Tough one. I usually say that I hate Rangers more and I'd prefer to see anyone apart from them win trophies. However, Neil Lennon and his disrespect and disregard for Scottish football is a truly disgusting individual and I hate seeing him winning anything. Rangers on the other hand are in real financial trouble and I hope it continues and worsens for a long time to come. I'm really struggling to choose which I'd rather see win.

Captain America

Rather see Celtic win, hate Rangers more and would mean less money for them.

Harry Palmer

Europe is secure for us.

They can both disappear up their own arse.

Drylaw Hearts

As long as Celtic don't win it at Tynecastle then I'm not at all bothered.

However....seeing Rangers being denied more money would be pleasing.

Seymour M Hersh

Motherwell would only get in Europe ahead of us if they won the cup. If Celtic win the league and cup then they would enter at the lowest Q round (which is 2 I believe) and if Celtic finish second but win the cup then the 4th placed team would get into Europa. Celtic winning the league doesnt affect where we get into Europe, winning the cup or not does.

Thanks for that RS. I thought it was an automatic they'd get a better starting point. This news is :pleasing:

As long as Rangers beat the Arabs at Hunbrox, couldn't give a monkeys who wins the league. Saying that, it would be very amusing if Celtic winning the league led to financial meltdown at Mordor.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I don't want Rangers to win the pot of gold for winning the league as this would halp them out financially.

Wouldn't go so far as to say I WANT Celtic to win the league though... Shudder, just the thought of that ugly wee prick Lennon and his 'gainst all adversity' type pish he would come out with? Bleeeeeuuuuurrrrrrgh!

eddiepolio

Could somebody DEFINITELY please confirm the situation with the cup please... I thought the rules changed that the losers of the cup get nothing? So if motherwell get beat united will get the last place?

Rudi Skacel

What? We are actually still third you know, Murderwell winning the cup actually means **** all to us as it stands.

If Motherwell win the cup then we go into the second qualifying round of the Europa. If Motherwell dont win the cup then we go into the third round of the Europa. UEFA gives cup winners precedence over the league positions for the Europa League.

So Motherwell winning the cup does mean something to us. It affects our preseason and which round of Europa League we go into.

Eckauskas

I think this thread should be renamed 'Which half of the OF do want to not win the league?'.

Saying I want either of them to win it is a bit of a misnomer.

I go for Celtic, in the hope that Rangers suffer financial ruin; no takeover, and go into liquidation.

As a result of Rangers demise, their evil twin, now without the local fuel that feeds their hatred shall go into meltdown and self implode.

jambojim1986

Rangers, as no other club has done as much to insult the jambos as much as Celtic has in recent times. Between L*nnon and McGeady they have gotten my back up good and proper. I will win a fair sum of money from the bookies if hearts finish within 25 points of the league winners. So I'm hoping they both lose every game left!

Eckauskas

Hope people realise that if Rangers go bust, our 'mini-hun' element will skyrocket.

hearts_crazy

If Motherwell win the cup then we go into the second qualifying round of the Europa. If Motherwell dont win the cup then we go into the third round of the Europa. UEFA gives cup winners precedence over the league positions for the Europa League.

So Motherwell winning the cup does mean something to us. It affects our preseason and which round of Europa League we go into.

Boooo. Come oan ra Cel'ic :boak:

tokenhibby

I want neither side of the OF to ever win the league again :angry: I hate them both so much that I would be delighted to see the Jambos take that honour, if my beloved Hibees couldnt beat yous to it lol, seriously I am so fecking bored with the state of Scottish football that all we talk about year-in, year-out, is the ugly sisters taking all the prizes!! I know money talks but those two cancers on the Scottish game have ruined the game, full stop....!!! :blink: the sooner they both feck off for good cant come too soon! :woot:

JamboAberdeen

I think this thread should be renamed 'Which half of the OF do want to not win the league?'.

Saying I want either of them to win it is a bit of a misnomer.

My OP was to ask which scenario is preferable for us, either having European spot for 4th just in case or later round in Europe.

I never ask which side of OF you like more!

Rangers desperately need to win the league so they can get Champions League money (provided they make it to the group stages).

For this reason, and the fact that I despise Rangers slightly more anyway, I hope Celtic win the league.

heartyhub

Rangers desperately need to win the league so they can get Champions League money (provided they make it to the group stages).

For this reason, and the fact that I despise Rangers slightly more anyway, I hope Celtic win the league.

Totally agree Ray, Rangers are virtually on there knees and anything to cause them more suffering the better. Bye bye Wattie what a way to bow out.

Celtic for me.

Nae cash for Rangers, and Celtic will get pumped out of the CL by some Slovakian also ran in August anyway.

I don't want either to win it. I want Hearts to win at Ibrox on Saturday, then pump Celtic in midweek. After that my interest in the league title is ended.

cosanostra

Hope people realise that if Rangers go bust, our 'mini-hun' element will skyrocket.

Interesting thought although I doubt that it would affect us in any way.

Rangers will never go bust in the way that say Gretna or Wimbledon did. There will always be some sort of money behind whatever rises from the ashes of the current hun incarnation and the orcs will follow (follow) that in numbers. They are too well supported and the authorities will do whatever they can to support one of the two establishment teams. I'd say the best we can hope for is financial toil for a period of time and a weakened playing staff as a result. However, even though they have been bleating about their cash worries all season, they still spent 4m on Jelavic so they may have less spending power compared to Celtic but still dwarf every other club in Scotland.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I normally couldn't care less but it's going to be great this year whoever loses. If it's Rangers then it's another step on the road to financial oblivion. If it's Celtic then it's the least Lennon deserves for his despicable behaviour all year.

Hawick Jambo

I'm with tokenhibby, something I never ever thought I would say. I detest both teams, their bigotry, their pishing in the streets, their misplaced arrogance, their allegiances with their own versions of history and violence.

Hate both of the parasites of Scottish football. The best thing to have happened to our League would have been if they had been able to get their dream of moving to another League.

shaun.lawson

You know, if it wasn't bad enough that we have to spend half our time wanting Rangers or Celtic to beat their non-OF opponents because it helps Hearts, the other half, we get asked who we'd rather win the league.

Only in Scotland is football always viewed through the prism of these massive blots on the landscape. The Old Firm are a maggot in the golden core of the game.

FTC. :yucky:

FTR. :yucky:

FTOF. :yucky:

COME ON THE HEARTS :thumbsup:

peebles jambo

No question, Rangers.

same for me, never ever want cellic to win hee haw

Buffalo Bill

I would have to go with Rangers because Celtic are just repugnant in every way imaginable.

Im hoping to pump Celtic on the 11th losing them the league and securing us 3rd place. It will be like Austin McCann all over again. I sit beside two of their type in the work and can not believe some of the mince that comes out there mouths. Would love to walk in on the Thursday and noise them up big time.

I'd like us to draw with Rangers simply (1) to annoy Dundee utd by JUST nicking that last point to secure 3rd and (2) to raise the hopes of Celtic.

Then I'd like us to beat Celtic (1) as a nice home farewell to the season and (2) just to dash their hopes and put them back on a par with Rangers.

Then they can fight it out between them in their last game for all I care. Really not bothered which one wins.

I hope St Mirren are relegated.

The Glasgow scum .....who cares.

IMA MAROON

I'd like us to draw with Rangers simply (1) to annoy Dundee utd by JUST nicking that last point to secure 3rd and (2) to raise the hopes of Celtic.

Then I'd like us to beat Celtic (1) as a nice home farewell to the season and (2) just to dash their hopes and put them back on a par with Rangers.

Then they can fight it out between them in their last game for all I care. Really not bothered which one wins.

If we win both games it will give us a little bit of confidence going into these games next season, it will also give them a little bit of fear.

Needless to say, I'd like the Rangers to lift the title. That would give Walter Smith ten titles. I think this would be his best one yet if he wins.

Bert Le Clos

I think a quick scout at the ICT v Celtic thread should answer the OPs question!

Dot Cotton

Couldnt give a flying **** but I hope we take points of both of them in the next few games.

It's been a bit of a watershed season for me to be honest. Every single year, once hearts position has been decided, I wouldn't have given the tiniest shit which of that pair finished first. I'd assume they'd embarrass us in Europe and I'd get on with my life.

See this year though, Celtic appointed Neil Lennon as manager and I'll be honest, it's twisted me melon somewhat. I like to think of myself as a pretty reasonable fellow, I couldn't stand the man when he was a player (yet I would have liked him on my team) but presumed that responsibility and perhaps even maturity would change him. I thought I would give him the benefit of the doubt.

What does he do though ? He turns out to be the same aggressive, whingeing, paranoid and cowardly little turd he always was.

He has refused to accept a poor result , blaming refs, pitches and governing bodies. Has made it almost impossible to referee their matches impartially and turned an already disliked club into one of the most detestable institutions I can think of.

Know what the worst of it all is though ? He's made me care who now wins the league. I don't want Rangers to win more, I just want them to lose a little less.

And I can't forgive that.

Priority number 1 has to be Hearts winning both up and coming games. (I despair that there are supporters who would have it any other way)

With there being no automatic CL place next year, and the chances of our champions getting there quite slim there is no 'easy' pot of gold.

Taking into account Celtic and Lennon's antics this year and Lawwell's statement today, then I'm preferring the horrible blue cheek against the horrible green one.

Archived