Which OF do you wish to win the league?

JamboAberdeen

JamboAberdeen

As we're going to play both side of OF next weeks, I wonder which side's winning league will give us more favour.

Assuming Celtic will win the Cup,

Rangers wining title guarantees us starting from 3rd round in Europe League if we secure 3rd, but no European spot for 4th as Motherwell will qualify as runner up.

Celtic win put us in 2nd round start, though we can still qualify for Europe even if DU manages to catch us up.

I'm not saying we should lay down against either of them.

But we might secure 3rd next week, so Celtic game looks meaningless.

And JJ has said he is happy to play weakened side once qualified for Europe, which might hand title to Celtic.

What shall we do, apart from usual 'off course we should win every game'?

Not really bothered to be honest but Celtic are getting on my nerves more these days and really hope they end up with nowt.

I just want to see us finish the season well and i hope we take something off both of them in the coming games.

Victor Meldrew

In the past I would almost automatically have said Rangers. However this current Rangers team just has something about it that I really dislike. More than usual they seem to have a bunch of players who are always trying to get the other side booked, diving and generally cheating. I know Celtic are bad too, but I just feel that Rangers are worse at the moment.

Having said that, if (as the OP suggests) there is an advantage to HMFC in one of them winning, I want what's best for us.

davemclaren

Don't care as long as we get third and beat both of them in the run in. I accept only the former is likely.

Destruction Derby

I would rather we played a full strength team against Celtic, hopefully getting us points in the process and them dropping points to feck them up for the league even though Europe will be confirmed next weekend. Celtic at Tynecastle ain't a game to play the youngsters IMHO.

Mr Sifter

Could not put a fag paper between them when it comes to my pure distain for them.

Both complete and utter vermin.

Wish both could lose.

Both are close in the number of wins but Celtic have lost fewer games and scored more goals. I honestly thought they'd have won the league more easily but now think it will go to the wire.

bighusref

Normally, I wouldn't care. However this year, this one year, one of those teams is absolutely potless, desperate for an influx of cash and investment. This investment has been on/off for months, and now hangs in the balance. If they don't get the investment AND fail to win the league, it could damage this club irreparably.

Fingers and toes crossed for Whyte to say "no" and for C*lt!c to win the league.

Sierra Delta

Normally, I wouldn't care. However this year, this one year, one of those teams is absolutely potless, desperate for an influx of cash and investment. This investment has been on/off for months, and now hangs in the balance. If they don't get the investment AND fail to win the league, it could damage this club irreparably.

Fingers and toes crossed for Whyte to say "no" and for C*lt!c to win the league.

Same as me.

Although if we were to cost either one of them the title I'd be quite pleased.

Nucky Thompson

I hope Celtic lose all their arms, toes, legs , feet and everything else :thumbsup:

IMA MAROON

The very worst thing that could happen is them winning the title at Tynecastle. That would be horrific.

Sure some kickbackers would love it though. :down::yucky:

davemclaren

The very worst thing that could happen is them winning the title at Tynecastle. That would be horrific.

Can't think why anyone would love to see another team win the title at Tynecastle.

Nucky Thompson

Can't think why anyone would love to see another team win the title at Tynecastle.

Just to prove to the Weegie Mafia that we're not 'mini huns' <_<

If we have secured third before the hooped demons come to Tynecastle,i'm sure i would not be the only one who would be very disappointed if Hearts were not at full strength.That goes for the Dundee Utd game also.Couldn't care less who wins the league but would love nine points from our last three games.The title is irrelevent and only really affects us regarding where we start in the Europa Qualifiers.Pesonally,i'd like to go in at the 2nd Qual.A competitive couple of games would be far better than two daft friendlies.

Independence

Detest them both. Always have done and thats after 53 of supporting Hearts.

The Bigot Brothers = cancer of scottish football !!!

Destruction Derby

If we have secured third before the hooped demons come to Tynecastle,i'm sure i would not be the only one who would be very disappointed if Hearts were not at full strength.

Correct, Celtic at Tynie is probably the game I look forward to most every season, Even including the Hobos. To play a weakened team would be seriously disapointing. Especially if the mhanks have a chance of clinching the league.As for the UTD game. I would take a few youths up in the squad and have them on the bench to savour the atmosphere for the final 20 mins of the season once Europe is secured and were winning against them

Doesn't really matter,would hate to see either of them win the league by beating us,just hope it goes right to the last day and by then we have taken a maximum 6 points of them,it's good when the OF fans say "cheers mate,you could have just won us the league by beating................." it's happened a few times over the years only for that team to fall flat on their faces by getting humped by another team.

I'm sure worse things have happened to Hearts than Celtic winning the league at Tynecastle. Maybe 86 stuck in your gullet more as it was Celtic that won. Maybe for you if it had been Rangers it might have been 'bear'able.

Still gutted United didn't win today to make the end to the season more exciting?

Personally I hope that Hearts spoil any potential Celtic party on May 10 because....well er,figure it out.

Nucky Thompson

Still gutted United didn't win today to make the end to the season more exciting?

:unsure:

I hope Celtic lose everything. No love for Rangers at all, but a lot more hatred for Celtic which stems from a long history with them. Would love nothing more than for us to beat them at Tynecastle to stop them winning the title, especially if it was a late winner! Having said that they do deserve to win the title as they've been the better team this season but hopefully they'll blow it.

Eckauskas

Would love to cost either one of them the league this season.

That said, everyone knows which I'd prefer.

gghfishman

I'm sure worse things have happened to Hearts than Celtic winning the league at Tynecastle. Maybe 86 stuck in your gullet more as it was Celtic that won. Maybe for you if it had been Rangers it might have been 'bear'able.

Personally I hope that Hearts spoil any potential Celtic party on May 10 because....well er,figure it out.

Still gutted United didn't win today to make the end to the season more exciting? :wacko:what????????????????

Still gutted United didn't win today to make the end to the season more exciting? :wacko:what????????????????

Check IMA's posts over the weekend.

Generally I'd like to prefer to see a different team from the previous season win the league. That nine in a row business got really grating.

This season however Celtic have been on a different planet when it comes to being irritating, so much so that they actually sparked a referee's strike and Rangers are so financially dysfunctional right now that they look like the plucky underdog of the pair so I think I'd rather see them take the flag

If it's all down to football and footballing reasons then celtic deserve to win the league by a mile,I've seen both halves of the OF on the box against various teams and the tims come out looking a far better more impressive team,but unfortunately it's not all about football.

Sad fact is the OF are better football teams than the rest of us(okay Killie are pleasing on the eye)and looks like it will continue, unless rangers have to pay all their debts without a new owner.

Seymour M Hersh

If sellik win the league it means murderwell are in Europe without having to win the cup and iirc it also means the enter the competition at a later round than we would should we secure 3rd. So if I am correct with the above i'll take rankers to win the league thus making murderwell earn their place in Europe.

Couldn't really care less, although Celtic have been ticking every box in the fuddery checklist this season. So maybe Rangers. Although if Rangers lose they'll be penniless next season. So maybe Celtic. Would love it in a Kevin Keegan style though if we could knock one of them right out of the title race smile.gif

I want Rangers to win it. The way in which Celtic, and in particular John Reid and Neil Lennon have behaved over the course of the season has been nothing short of disgusting (even by their own grubby standards), and would love to see them fail. The icing on the cake would be us turning them over at Tynecastle with an offside winner 2 minutes after the originally scheduled 5 minutes injury time.

Better call Saul

Rangers for me ! Have my reasons of which are...

I hate Celtic more

:thumbsup:

heartsfc_fan

Really couldn't care less. I hate Celtic more as a club, but hate the more Rangers players.

I want Rangers to win it. The way in which Celtic, and in particular John Reid and Neil Lennon have behaved over the course of the season has been nothing short of disgusting (even by their own grubby standards), and would love to see them fail. The icing on the cake would be us turning them over at Tynecastle with an offside winner 2 minutes after the originally scheduled 5 minutes injury time.

This, this and thrice this :thumb:

alwaysthereinspirit

Our league sucks so if we cant win it then the next best thing is knowing one set of OF fans will be totally gutted. I just hope we're the team that guts them.

alwaysthereinspirit

You cant be serious. No way us or any other team gets an offside goal against them in the run up. Officials are petrified of Celtic and Lennon.

To me Celtic as a football team are miles ahead of Rangers - I am astonished that they have not sewn it up long before now.

Wanted Rangers to win incase we needed 4th for Europe.

Rudi Skacel

If sellik win the league it means murderwell are in Europe without having to win the cup and iirc it also means the enter the competition at a later round than we would should we secure 3rd. So if I am correct with the above i'll take rankers to win the league thus making murderwell earn their place in Europe.

Motherwell would only get in Europe ahead of us if they won the cup. If Celtic win the league and cup then they would enter at the lowest Q round (which is 2 I believe) and if Celtic finish second but win the cup then the 4th placed team would get into Europa. Celtic winning the league doesnt affect where we get into Europe, winning the cup or not does.

hearts_crazy

You may as well ask which bollock I want chopped off

I'm sick to death of the perennial ******* question Celtic or Rangers. Neither is my answer. I want Rangers to go bust and be relegated to the 3rd division, and Celtic to **** off back to Ireland and never come back. Alternatively I want Hearts to get a huge cash injection and challenge them all the way for now and forever, and for the question to be who do we want as OUR runners up, or better still which we want relegated.

hearts_crazy

Motherwell would only get in Europe ahead of us if they won the cup. If Celtic win the league and cup then they would enter at the lowest Q round (which is 2 I believe) and if Celtic finish second but win the cup then the 4th placed team would get into Europa. Celtic winning the league doesnt affect where we get into Europe, winning the cup or not does.

What? We are actually still third you know, Murderwell winning the cup actually means **** all to us as it stands.

You may as well ask which bollock I want chopped off

I'm sick to death of the perennial ******* question Celtic or Rangers. Neither is my answer. I want Rangers to go bust and be relegated to the 3rd division, and Celtic to **** off back to Ireland and never come back. Alternatively I want Hearts to get a huge cash injection and challenge them all the way for now and forever, and for the question to be who do we want as OUR runners up, or better still which we want relegated.

very well said

not realy bothered but if it puts another nail in rangers coffin then celtic for me

fingers crossed the takeover fails

hearts_crazy

not realy bothered but if it puts another nail in rangers coffin then celtic for me

fingers crossed the takeover fails

Hmmm, good call actually

Captain Lithuania

Celtic, any loss of money for Rangers is brilliant, especially as no one wants to buy them too.

ToadKiller Dog

I dont give a feck who wins i want us to get a result ourselves next weekend and the following Wed thats all i care about .

Archived