Virgin Broadband + Xbox live

BoJack Horseman

BoJack Horseman

Just got my new elite and set it all up. I can connect to XBL fine, and the internet, just not at the same time. I've got a hub, but it won't let me share the connection.

Any ideas?

Guest S.U.S.S.
Just got my new elite and set it all up. I can connect to XBL fine, and the internet, just not at the same time. I've got a hub, but it won't let me share the connection.

Any ideas?

If its the same box as i have then you need may need a router mate. Or check the network settings onthe connection, set up the sharing the connection thing (cant remember the name)

The one i have only has one ethernet port so bought a router (wireless) and bobs yer uncle.

BoJack Horseman

Yeah, the one i've got only has one port. I've got a hub which splits the connection, that works fine at my uni, but not with Virgin? Might need a router then.

When I connect mines to my wired internet router downstairs I have this too. I think you will need to ge the wireless router and the network adapter for the 360. It will cost you about ?90-?100 for teh 2 things.

Guest S.U.S.S.

My router was ?50 from PC world (netgear)

Real easy to set up, just enter the mac address of allowed comps and xbox and bing bang bosh, xbox live and por eh uni work on the laptop.:)

Archived