1,200 Jambos at the game yesterday

desmondo

speedbump

ill neverrrrrrrrr use proper english soz was in hurry basically im telling u all 2 get ur arses 2 the last game of the season at tannadump

And again :turned:

I had no idea it had until you posted that, so went to have a look on Wiki. It might well explain why you always feel as if you are almost sitting in the lap of the persons either side of you, as I posted on the thread started prior to the game asking if people were going. The seats must be the smallest in the SPL, and are tightly squeezed into the space available.

defo noticed the tightness of the seats on saturday never really noticed that before

jambo_til_i_die

Tynecastle is falling away behind in capacity these days, must be about 5th largest now. Parkhead 60.000, Ibrox 50,000, Pittodrie 22,000, Easter Road 21.000, Rugby Park 18,000, Tynecastle 17.500 (all approximitely)Sooner they get the new stand up the better

Why? Home attendances for a team going for 3rd haven't been much to shout about. Increasing it will make it look more like Fester Road at the weekends.

davemclaren

Why? Home attendances for a team going for 3rd haven't been much to shout about. Increasing it will make it look more like Fester Road at the weekends.

We never used to bother when we had a 27,000 or 40,000 capacity and still got sub 10k crowds against the smaller teams. Surely we could fill a 20ish thousand capacity against the OF and Hibs.

jambo_til_i_die

We never used to bother when we had a 27,000 or 40,000 capacity and still got sub 10k crowds against the smaller teams. Surely we could fill a 20ish thousand capacity against the OF and Hibs.

Yeah let's do that. 6 games from 18/19. Just grand

hearts_crazy

Can someone please translate this please.

Sorry, don't speak gibberish

Adi Dassler

I don't think we would at the moment.

Is it not a fact the only actual sell out of the season was the game on new years day?

Increasing the capacity of the stadium would be suicide for what is an ever increasingly shite atmosphere.

davemclaren

I don't think we would at the moment.

Is it not a fact the only actual sell out of the season was the game on new years day?

Increasing the capacity of the stadium would be suicide for what is an ever increasingly shite atmosphere.

There's more to atmosphere though than capacity and percentage filled.

davemclaren

Yeah let's do that. 6 games from 18/19. Just grand

It depends on the economics of expanding against expected crowds. It's all pretty academic at present anyway.

What do you think our capacity ahould be? Should we look to reduce it if and when we build a new stand?

jambo_til_i_die

No, no. I'm not against expanding, just not at this moment. I can't see us filling the stadium until were more consistent and have something worth those extra fans turning up for.

What would you say should be our aim for capacity? Around 22,000 - 24,000?

davemclaren

No, no. I'm not against expanding, just not at this moment. I can't see us filling the stadium until were more consistent and have something worth those extra fans turning up for.

What would you say should be our aim for capacity? Around 22,000 - 24,000?

I think that is the most we should aim for. With a good team we could fill that for big games imo and get pretty close for other ones. A team like that of 2005/2006 would fill it every week but we are unlikely to see that calibre of player ever again.

Agree with D Mac. People forget we had a wide open stadium years ago and got pash gates then...worse than now..on ocassions.

Even in the late 80`s if you took away the gates v the OF, Hobos and Aberdeen you`ll probably find the average gate is as good now if not better. And we were a very good team then with alot of expectation.

Point is, we SHOULD have a 25,000 stadium and i`d like one please. At times like 06 we missed out on much revenue because of a reduced capacity....don`t know why this point keeps escaping peoples minds?

THINK BIG BE BIG.......(so the wife says :teehee: )

godsake surely u know what soz means it means sorry now if u culd put as much effort into going 2 the games it would b nice so stop sitting on the computer on matchdays a get to the game

the general

godsake surely u know what soz means it means sorry now if u culd put as much effort into going 2 the games it would b nice so stop sitting on the computer on matchdays a get to the game

Well said that man!!

Aberdeen and maybe even united would have beaten that support if in same position

davemclaren

Well said that man!!

Aberdeen and maybe even united would have beaten that support if in same position

Perhaps, perhaps not.

2 points,

1. I'd rather have a bigger home support than those teams rather than a bigger away support.

2. You would imagine that a team's away support would correlate quite well with their home support. Strange that it might not.

Well said that man!!

And there lies the answer. Both those clubs haven`t been used to finishing top 3 over a long time now(United`s first top 3 finish in 10 years was last season) and maybe it excites them. Im not saying 3rd isn`t a good finish and im still a bit on edge until we confirm it, but it just doesn`t get the juices flowing among the Hearts support like a challenge for the title would.

Maybe, if like 08/09 under csaba, things were alot closer or we were on a run trying to catch another side, there may be more excitement surrounding getting 3rd, but i think the way we were so far ahead so early diluted any possibility of that. I remember us gubbing Utd 3-0 at Tynie that season which more or less ended their challenge...there was a bit excitement surrounding that because it was a significant game.

Finishing 3rd is a basic requirement of our club. Like it or not, the clubs position at any given time in the season dictates how many fans will follow the club away. In a perfect world we`d carry 2.5, 3k to most away games or more, but many factors contribute.

You could argue with our fanbase we should still rustle up a better away support but more fans potentially means more can still refuse to pay regularly to go to away games.

Better call Saul

Hearts have been playing SHITE so the glory hunters were out shopping

BLOODY FACT

The Treasurer

And there lies the answer. Both those clubs haven`t been used to finishing top 3 over a long time now(United`s first top 3 finish in 10 years was last season) and maybe it excites them. Im not saying 3rd isn`t a good finish and im still a bit on edge until we confirm it, but it just doesn`t get the juices flowing among the Hearts support like a challenge for the title would.

Maybe, if like 08/09 under csaba, things were alot closer or we were on a run trying to catch another side, there may be more excitement surrounding getting 3rd, but i think the way we were so far ahead so early diluted any possibility of that. I remember us gubbing Utd 3-0 at Tynie that season which more or less ended their challenge...there was a bit excitement surrounding that because it was a significant game.

Finishing 3rd is a basic requirement of our club. Like it or not, the clubs position at any given time in the season dictates how many fans will follow the club away. In a perfect world we`d carry 2.5, 3k to most away games or more, but many factors contribute.

You could argue with our fanbase we should still rustle up a better away support but more fans potentially means more can still refuse to pay regularly to go to away games.

So basically you're saying Hearts fans are bored of "success" !!!!

We are supposed to be the 3rd biggest team in Scotland, we have over 11k ST holders and an average home gate of over 14k yet we can barely muster 1k for an important away game.*

Pathetic

* despite what you think, this was an important game as 3rd place is a decent achievement by the team and as such they deserve a decent backing, home and away

Pathetic

Clerry Jambo

So basically you're saying Hearts fans are bored of "success" !!!!

We are supposed to be the 3rd biggest team in Scotland, we have over 11k ST holders and an average home gate of over 14k yet we can barely muster 1k for an important away game.*

Pathetic

* despite what you think, this was an important game as 3rd place is a decent achievement by the team and as such they deserve a decent backing, home and away

Pathetic

T, I understand where your coming from but despite the usual factors like cost, recent seasons haven't been the most exciting for Hearts fans and many have got out the habit.

At the moment it's the "hardcore" who are travelling but as you know that will increase considerably with a better side.

The Treasurer

T, I understand where your coming from but despite the usual factors like cost, recent seasons haven't been the most exciting for Hearts fans and many have got out the habit.

At the moment it's the "hardcore" who are travelling but as you know that will increase considerably with a better side.

I'm not so sure that the numbers would increase that much CJ, when we were on that unbeaten run we were playing some decent stuff but it was still the hard core as you say who were travelling.

You just need to look back to the semi final to see what an impact a large tavelling support can have on a team, and equally what a negative effect a small support can have.

I'm not having a go at anyone who has genuine reasons for not going (work, finance, family commitments etc) but it's more those who choose to sit in the pub or sit at their computers moaning to message boards about how bad "their team" is playing (according to the radio)

KilbrideJambo

Anyway, anyway all this analysis and the most important aspect of last weeks crowd at Killie has been missed - what a beautiful day it was and a truly glorious gallery of Gorgie Gals was on show (not bad alliteration for me). A bunch in the lower section directly behind the goals a particular stand out

Deans Jambo

I fully understand (and sympathise) that the cost is now too much for a lot of people to go week in week out but the point is that this was an important game yet only 1100 fans could be bothered to turn up.

In a round about way i'm sure the game was 'massive' but it obviously wasn't in the eyes of the majority of Hearts fans. I'm sure if it was a game that 100% clinched Europe there would have been an awful lot more.

mikey hmfc

Awready booked in to go CJ my son. Last game of season day oot!

i will see you there mate :) i hope its a good turn out

Archived