1,200 Jambos at the game yesterday

desmondo

Looked like a lot more to me - excellent away support IMHO

speedbump

Shit away support nowadays, although I didn't help by sitting at home yesterday.

Shit away support nowadays, although I didn't help by sitting at home yesterday.

Thought we had decent numbers yesterday

Canny beat the Chuff Chuff for an awayday

:thumbsup:

portobellojambo1

I think it was the fact that the two wing parts of the stand we were in were both closed which effectively made it look like more, as everyone was more crowded together than is normally the case.Given some on here had indicated they thought we would take thousands down to Rugby Park truth is for the importance of the game it was a pretty poor turnout, although 200/300 more than we've taken to some away fixtures this season.

Better call Saul

I think it was the fact that the two wing parts of the stand we were in were both closed which effectively made it look like more, as everyone was more crowded together than is normally the case.Given some on here had indicated they thought we would take thousands down to Rugby Park truth is for the importance of the game it was a pretty poor turnout, although 200/300 more than we've taken to some away fixtures this season.

I was looking around Rugby park yesterday and cant understand how it has a larger capacity than Tynie ..more so the the east stand does not even run to the end of the pitch ...just one of those thoughts I had yesterday :ermm:

jambonian

Tynecastle is falling away behind in capacity these days, must be about 5th largest now. Parkhead 60.000, Ibrox 50,000, Pittodrie 22,000, Easter Road 21.000, Rugby Park 18,000, Tynecastle 17.500 (all approximitely)Sooner they get the new stand up the better

I was looking around Rugby park yesterday and cant understand how it has a larger capacity than Tynie ..more so the the east stand does not even run to the end of the pitch ...just one of those thoughts I had yesterday :ermm:

Rugby Park has a greater capacity than Tynecastle because its new stands have far less leg room than the ones at Tynecastle. I'd imagine that Rugby Park's capacity would be no more than 15,000 if it had stands of the same size as its existing ones but with same leg room as the ones at Tynecastle.

portobellojambo1

I had no idea it had until you posted that, so went to have a look on Wiki. It might well explain why you always feel as if you are almost sitting in the lap of the persons either side of you, as I posted on the thread started prior to the game asking if people were going. The seats must be the smallest in the SPL, and are tightly squeezed into the space available.

davemclaren

Rugby Park has a greater capacity than Tynecastle because its new stands have far less leg room than the ones at Tynecastle. I'd imagine that Rugby Park's capacity would be no more than 15,000 if it had stands of the same size as its existing ones but with same leg room as the ones at Tynecastle.

Correct. One of the most uncomfortable grounds in the SPL imo. :angry:

portobellojambo1

Think the only stand that really competes with it for uncomfortableness (think I just made that word up to fit in) is the upper tier of the main stand at Tannadice.

scottish_chicP

I found it uncomfortable yesterday and I am only 5ft5 so can imagine how bad it would be if you were tall. Loved the sunshine though :thumbsup:

I'd be uncomfortable if i was 5ft 5 :woot::ninja:

But yer right tiny seats are Killie :down:

Eckauskas

I thought it was a decent crowd yesterday.

Not great, but decent.

scottish_chicP

I'd be uncomfortable if i was 5ft 5 :woot::ninja:

But yer right tiny seats are Killie :down:

I don't mind my size. I don't think I'd like to be a really tall girl...

Oh and technically I am 5ft5 and a half :D

leipzig76

I found it uncomfortable yesterday and I am only 5ft5 so can imagine how bad it would be if you were tall. Loved the sunshine though :thumbsup:

I'm 6'4 and I had my knees jammed in and two big guys sat down in front of me and virtually pinned me in my seat.I've got a broken foot in plaster the now, which didn't help, but as you say sitting in the sunshine watching the Jambos and even though we didn't win, had a great day and picked up a bit of a colour on my face albeit burnt salmon pink. :D

Adi Dassler

Tynecastle is falling away behind in capacity these days, must be about 5th largest now. Parkhead 60.000, Ibrox 50,000, Pittodrie 22,000, Easter Road 21.000, Rugby Park 18,000, Tynecastle 17.500 (all approximitely)Sooner they get the new stand up the better

Why?

So those of us who still go can sit in a half empty stadium?

Killie is generally one of the grounds where we have brought the smallest support in recent years - so from that point of view 1,200 was not bad. Having said that, given that we had the chance to wrap up third yesterday and the weather was superb (and the pies are great) it was a bit disappointing.

Rabbie_Burns

Killie is generally one of the grounds where we have brought the smallest support in recent years - so from that point of view 1,200 was not bad. Having said that, given that we had the chance to wrap up third yesterday and the weather was superb (and the pies are great) it was a bit disappointing.

Have never particularly liked going along to rugby park despite it being only 15mins from home....

Thought it was a decent Hearts support there yesterday and was certainly about the best weather have experienced

at a match there in years, usually howling, pishing or freezing or all three !

All roads lead to Gorgie

Not a great turnout but could be down to people having to shell out money for next seasons season tickets or summer hols.

I expect a lot more to travel up to Tannadice though, hopefully anyway.

Went down hill since I moved to london imo!

I thought the stadium announcer said there was 1852 away fans

peebles jambo

i was there yesterday and it looked reasonably busy, saying that, i was at inverness recently and it looked busy as well, till i saw the highlights, then it looked empty, it always looks more when your in amongst it

The Old Tolbooth

Went down hill since I moved to london imo!

That's what it is Kenny, we could never shut you up!! :D

Personally I prefer Tynie the way it is, and I think I'll shed a few tears when they eventually pull the old girl down as a part of our heritage will have died, there's not many Archibald Leitch's kicking around these days and the atmosphere it can generate is a bit special. :thumbsup:

hearts_crazy

I thought the stadium announcer said there was 1852 away fans

So did Iblink.gif Must've been hearing things

What's the point in having an 18000 seater stadium when only a third of that turn up for a game. I thought the showing from the home support was crap

heartsfc_fan

Killie built a stadium that big so they can have 6-7,000 old firm fans help fill it 3 or 4 times a season :thumbsup:

The Treasurer

I thought it was a decent crowd yesterday.

Not great, but decent.

1100 fans for a vital match that could have secured third place is no where near decent.

It's just around 90 minutes along the motorway but that's all that could be bothered to make the effort, that's more pathetic than decent.

I'm wouldn't be surprised if there was more "fans" hammering away at their keyboards giving their expert opinion on the game than were actually there supporting the team.

Jam Tarts 1874

The last couple of times I had been to Rugby Park we pretty much filled that stand. So I have to say Saturday's effort was poor.

The last couple of times I had been to Rugby Park we pretty much filled that stand. So I have to say Saturday's effort was poor.

Interesting that when we went to try and clinch third place in 2003 our stand was full. Killie were also battling for third at the time but we had at least 4000 fans at that game.

jambonian

1100 fans for a vital match that could have secured third place is no where near decent.

It's just around 90 minutes along the motorway but that's all that could be bothered to make the effort, that's more pathetic than decent.

I'm wouldn't be surprised if there was more "fans" hammering away at their keyboards giving their expert opinion on the game than were actually there supporting the team.

Problem is that most folk can't be bothered going to away games these days, thinking back to the late 80's/early 90's you had to get tickets for away games a week, sometimes even 2 (when we were doing well or depending who we were playing) weeks in advance. It's not just us though, away crowds have dwindled over the years at all clubs, partly due to the price and partly due to the fact that we go into every season knowing we've no chance of winning the title and the uglies will be fighting it out between them, Hearts are the only club that's got some way near them a couple of times, must be even worse for fans of the rest!

Ben Dover

We took something like 4,500 down there for the 1st game in 05/06 and the stadium announcer actually gave us a big thank

you for pitching up in such numbers. Probably knew then he'd be getting paid that day !

I can understand folk being a bit reticent to travel though cos you just don't know what Hearts team is going to run out the tunnel

some days ?

Tannadice might get the travelling fans up for it though, last game and all. It would be nice to have secured 3rd place and just take

the 3 points off them out of spite :whistling:

Never got over their transfer embargo on us back when we were skint :angry:

Clerry Jambo

We took something like 4,500 down there for the 1st game in 05/06 and the stadium announcer actually gave us a big thank

you for pitching up in such numbers. Probably knew then he'd be getting paid that day !

I can understand folk being a bit reticent to travel though cos you just don't know what Hearts team is going to run out the tunnel

some days ?

Tannadice might get the travelling fans up for it though, last game and all. It would be nice to have secured 3rd place and just take

Even I was there that day, glory hunting like the rest :lol:

Naw, Hearts fans will turn out in big numbers when the feelgood factor is there but I'm sure guys who travel on a weekly basis will notice numbers have decreased over the last few years due to a number of factors.

If and hopefully NOT, the Utd game is a Euro decider the AWAY END will be jumping

The Treasurer

some days ?

If people will only turn up if they're sure of seeing Hearts play well and win then they are supporting the wrong team.

Saturday was a massive game for the club and yet a support numbering less than 10% of the number of ST holders that we have could be bothered to actually make the effort to go and back the team.

Even I was there that day, glory hunting like the rest :lol:

Naw, Hearts fans will turn out in big numbers when the feelgood factor is there but I'm sure guys who travel on a weekly basis will notice numbers have decreased over the last few years due to a number of factors.

If and hopefully NOT, the Utd game is a Euro decider the AWAY END will be jumping

Awready booked in to go CJ my son. Last game of season day oot!

If people will only turn up if they're sure of seeing Hearts play well and win then they are supporting the wrong team.

Saturday was a massive game for the club and yet a support numbering less than 10% of the number of ST holders that we have could be bothered to actually make the effort to go and back the team.

Different world to 20-25 years ago. I think the timing has to be right for alot of people now financially.

I loved my period of going to constant away games but there`s no way in the world i could afford to go week in week out now. Im not saying there isn`t times when off the cuff you can afford to make away games, but its so expensive now to just up and go most of the time.

Like many, i`ve been there when we`ve been taking umpteen thousand to run of the mill leagues games at Motherwell, Killie etc.. but it was 3 quid to get in and the same for yer bus through!(when i was a kid).

Whats it now? Nearly a tenner for some buses, 20 odd quid to get in and then yer other costs. Its a single mans trade now or unless you earn a really good wage as a married man with kids.

The Treasurer

Different world to 20-25 years ago. I think the timing has to be right for alot of people now financially.

I loved my period of going to constant away games but there`s no way in the world i could afford to go week in week out now. Im not saying there isn`t times when off the cuff you can afford to make away games, but its so expensive now to just up and go most of the time.

Like many, i`ve been there when we`ve been taking umpteen thousand to run of the mill leagues games at Motherwell, Killie etc.. but it was 3 quid to get in and the same for yer bus through!(when i was a kid).

Whats it now? Nearly a tenner for some buses, 20 odd quid to get in and then yer other costs. Its a single mans trade now or unless you earn a really good wage as a married man with kids.

I fully understand (and sympathise) that the cost is now too much for a lot of people to go week in week out but the point is that this was an important game yet only 1100 fans could be bothered to turn up.

Tommy Walker

I fully understand (and sympathise) that the cost is now too much for a lot of people to go week in week out but the point is that this was an important game yet only 1100 fans could be bothered to turn up.

maybe the point is "the cost is now too much for a lot of people" and that may be the issue

Best

TW

Pants Shaton

I'd suggest that if Saturday had actually been a 'massive game', then more than 1200 fans would have turned up.

We effectively finished third back in January. Even so, finishing third is hardly something that we've ever got excited about - the crowds were hardly flocking to Tynecastle when Levein did it twice.

This season is ending with a whimper and the fans are responding in kind.

The Treasurer

I'd suggest that if Saturday had actually been a 'massive game', then more than 1200 fans would have turned up.

We effectively finished third back in January. Even so, finishing third is hardly something that we've ever got excited about - the crowds were hardly flocking to Tynecastle when Levein did it twice.

How stupid of me.

Of course the fans should stay away unless we were about to clinch the title.

Like it or not but finishing 3rd in this league is actually a decent achievement and therefore something to be enthusiastic about.

All the keyboard fans continually moan about the lack of effort on the park (wrongly IMO) yet they make no effort themselves.

Better call Saul

maybe the point is "the cost is now too much for a lot of people" and that may be the issue

Best

TW

I went through with my Boy (14)and I spent near enough ?100 all in

?30 tickets

?15 Bus

?3 Football ticket game ( supporters bus fund)

?10 Lunch

?25 Bar bill :whistling:

?5 Puggie

?2.50 Programme

?7 Half time pies and drinks

...and I am dam sure I cant afford not to go to Ibrox or Dundee

the general

oh deary dear

or are you being ironic and just forgot to add the wee smiley thing?

plzz tell me u werent being serious whn u said 3rd isnt something 2 b excited about ppl shuld b showing up regardless ffs u wuld think we had won the title over 40 times the way ppl r going on about this not being a good season this has been our best season since 05/06 now get off ur arse a b at tannadice 4 the last game of the season

Drylaw Hearts

plzz tell me u werent being serious whn u said 3rd isnt something 2 b excited about ppl shuld b showing up regardless ffs u wuld think we had won the title over 40 times the way ppl r going on about this not being a good season this has been our best season since 05/06 now get off ur arse a b at tannadice 4 the last game of the season

499130910_3e6f138618.jpg

speedbump

Can someone please translate this please.

ill neverrrrrrrrr use proper english soz was in hurry basically im telling u all 2 get ur arses 2 the last game of the season at tannadump

The Treasurer

ill neverrrrrrrrr use proper english soz was in hurry basically im telling u all 2 get ur arses 2 the last game of the season at tannadump

No, sorry, still could do with the services of a good translator blink.gif

Archived