Ryan Stevenson

Italian Lambretta

Italian Lambretta

Just want to say I thought Ryan had a great second half today and dragged us back into the game. He works his socks off for the team and is getting better every week. He deserves a new contract and will be a much better player next season now he has established himself.

Just want to say I thought Ryan had a great second half today and dragged us back into the game. He works his socks off for the team and is getting better every week. He deserves a new contract and will be a much better player next season now he has established himself.

Agreed. He has come on a lot recently. Still not sure what his best position would be tho'.

Jambof3tornado

Shining in a team that isnt playing very well, keep it up Ryan!!!

If Rudi showed the same effort we'd be well clear in 3rd!

alwaysthereinspirit

Agreed. He gets it. Wish everyone else did.

His fitness was incredible today closing down killie! Great effort from stevo!

M8taxidriver

Expected a shift from Stevenson today , he is an Ayr man after all . The blue and white stripes would bring out the best in him LOL.

He is getting better and better.

I think he could be a key player for us next season!

stirlingshirejambo

biggest cheerie got was closing killie players down in the last minute like a man possessed. Just a shame ball went forward and our defence were sleeping and they equalised. Great shift and no little skill too. Have driver really hard time for holding onto ball for too long and letting stevenson run off side. Showing his belief and confidence growing

Creepy Lurker

Stevenson really seems to be coming on to a game for us at the moment. He's far from a superstar, but shows unbelievable workrate and seems to be getting used to the pace of the game at this level. Certainly has the potential to become a cult hero.

Totally argee with you, and maybe I'm be a bit picky but had a couple of shocking moments, one was when driver was thru the middle unmarked and played one of the worst balls I've seen to Elliot which just went stairght out! Again thought he was really good today but still making simple mistake that could have sealed the game for us. I would say Elliot was the same today and him at stevo just seem to play some awful balls for each other which is not like them.

Gotta admit I was very sceptical of him before, wasn't sure he would cut it and didn't think he was hearts quality. But I'm more than happy to admit he has been very good recently and has changed my opinion of him.

Well done stevo. Keep it up.

WestcoastJambo

One of my Mrs younger cousins is currently his personal trainer, I don't know if he had one before. He used to train Conor Sammon and Ryan took him on after Sammon moved to Wigan.

I just thought I'd mention it as his fitness does seem to have improved quite markedly recently.

WestcoastJambo

It's really great to finely see Stevenson get some well deserved praise. I know he hasn't exactly been a world beater but he also never deserved the slagging he has had on here. Anyone with a bit of footballing knowledge and a little patience could see the guy is a really useful player and has a big future with the club. I reckon he will be a very important player for us next season :thumbsup:

The Merse

Wasn't a fan of his for a long time but he is really starting to prove me wrong.

Been brilliant the last month or two and is deserving of at least another year.

Archived