Graeme Smith

basher161

Apologies if this has already been posted.

Found out today the reason he was released by Hibs was him punching Gareth Evans. :woot:

It apparently all came about when all the Hibs squad were handed forms to vote for the SPL Players POTY. Smith voted for Kello and when Evans saw this he immediately asked why Smith was voting for 'that Hearts b&stard'. Smith told him that in his opinion Kello had been the most outstanding and improved player in the SPL by a mile.

Evans then proceeded to shout in his face 'you, your dad, your brother, in fact your whole family are nothing but a bunch of Hearts ****s'! At this point Evans was knocked on his arse and the following day Smith's contract was terminated.

Not a great 'keeper but has shot high up in my estimations for this. :D

Found out today the reason he was released by Hibs was him punching Gareth Evans. :woot:

It apparently all came about when all the Hibs squad were handed forms to vote for the SPL Players POTY. Smith voted for Kello and when Evans saw this he immediately asked why Smith was voting for 'that Hearts b&stard'. Smith told him that in his opinion Kello had been the most outstanding and improved player in the SPL by a mile.

Evans then proceeded to shout in his face 'you, your dad, your brother, in fact your whole family are nothing but a bunch of Hearts ****s'! At this point Evans was knocked on his arse and the following day Smith's contract was terminated.

My mate was going to put Smith on his cheeks in Bacaro, he was swaggering about in a suit asking groups to fight him and his "mates".

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Well he is a big Hearts fan, good on him... If true of course, only got the OPs word for it. Same thing applies to HANS' story, just hearsay unless you are there to witness such things for yourself I suppose.

Respect to him for voting for a Hearts player. On a side point: IIRC, Andy Goram got man of the match at Tynecastle one derby match for saving Hibs a cricket score. I would love someone to confirm this.

Coburg Hearts

This has the ring of truth to it.

My mate was going to put Smith on his cheeks in Bacaro, he was swaggering about in a suit asking groups to fight him and his "mates".

Your mate was wearing a suit?

From memory Goram did get the mom. I remember Scott Crabbe trying everything to get his first goal against the hobos but Goram got too everything and some of the saves wefe sublime. Had he not been in goals we would have been looking at a cricket score easily.

Guest juvehearts

fwiw goram was outstanding for hibs vs hearts

i can say that with pride because as outstanding as he was we still pumped them as many times as i can remember lol

22 in a row, its magic you know

For all the shite that appears on this site I find myself (perhaps wishfully) thinking this one may be true. The quote from Evans about Smith's family (the word "****s" apart) is definitely true and I can believe a keeper would vote for the best player in their position in that vote. Plus he wouldn't be the first Jambo to deck Gareth Evans, would he (Gary MacKay)???

Go on Buzz.

If it is true then good on the guy,you take football slurs with a pinch of salt when hibbys throw them at you as you know what they're worth...HEEHAW!!..but if the tit starts with the "your family"stuff..Get tore in!! :thumbsup:

Walter Bishop

Was he not released in the last couple of weeks? Im sure players player voting is done around the turn of the year?

I can't remember if he got MOM but the Hearts support definitely sang 'one Andy Goram'.

Pity he's such a welt now.

I am not saying you are wrong but I was more than likely at this game and cannot remember the hearts support singing for the hibs goalkeeper.

The only times I have ever heard our support singing in support of an opposition player is when an old player returns or when an opposition player makes a cant o it!!!

I am not saying you are wrong but I was more than likely at this game and cannot remember the hearts support singing for the hibs goalkeeper.

The only times I have ever heard our support singing in support of an opposition player is when an old player returns or when an opposition player makes a cant o it!!!

I remember it well as I spent the whole second half directly behind his goals abusing him and it definitely happened.

He was absolutely outstanding, and two saves he made from Scott Crabbe were almost beyond belief.

When he was walking off the pitch the shed were singing "Scotland's number one" at him, he turned round almost dumbstruck and got a huge round of applause which was well deserved as he was absolutely fantastic.

We won 3-1 by the way. George Wright scored for us and I think Joe Tartanlino scored a consolation for them. Would have been about 1989/1990ish.

Cheers for that mate,just couldn't remember the singing,if we hadn't won he wouldn't have received that then. ?

Cheers for that mate,just couldn't remember the singing,if we hadn't won he wouldn't have received that then. ?

Its one of those games that'll always stick in my mind as some of the stuff that Nelly T was shouting at him was, quite frankly, fecking outrageous :lol:

Buffalo Bill

Hearts 3 hibs 1 from March 1991, and one of the best sway days I've ever had in The Shed.

All four goals; 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 3-1 were scored in about a ten minute spell. But I kid you not, Hearts BATTERED hibs that day, and Gorman was outstanding. Crabbe was "nearly greetin" afterwards.

However, although we sang to Goram, I felt it was done only in an ironic, as opposed to a vernerating sense.

Buffalo Bill

Gareth Evans has a face you'd never tire of smacking.

Hideous little hibs ****.

Word.

I think you'll find Smith was booted as he make Makalamity look like Peter Shilton............. :woot::woot:

Serj Tankian

For someone with limited talent how has he managed to last so long in the game we know hobs have nothing going for them but to employ Gareth Evans shows you there level .He must thank Alec Miller everyday for his extended life in football.

Probably true.(being a Hearts fan) A few seasons back there was a guy behind me at the game when Smith was in goals for Killie/Motherwell? , cannae mind which, and he said he was a Hearts supporter. He was dishing out a bit abuse trying to get his attention as he knew him.

I remember it well as I spent the whole second half directly behind his goals abusing him and it definitely happened.

He was absolutely outstanding, and two saves he made from Scott Crabbe were almost beyond belief.

When he was walking off the pitch the shed were singing "Scotland's number one" at him, he turned round almost dumbstruck and got a huge round of applause which was well deserved as he was absolutely fantastic.

We won 3-1 by the way. George Wright scored for us and I think Joe Tartanlino scored a consolation for them. Would have been about 1989/1990ish.

Aye, i think most Hearts fans remember that game, not only for the score but the way we pummelled Hibs rotten. There`s been many a game since where we could have really gave them a serious horsing, but when we got 2 or 3 ahead we sat back.

Not in that game though. We kept battering them.

Hearts 3 hibs 1 from March 1991, and one of the best sway days I've ever had in The Shed.

All four goals; 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 3-1 were scored in about a ten minute spell. But I kid you not, Hearts BATTERED hibs that day, and Gorman was outstanding. Crabbe was "nearly greetin" afterwards.

However, although we sang to Goram, I felt it was done only in an ironic, as opposed to a vernerating sense.

Correct,BB.There was lots of applause,granted but the actual chants were not really that widespread.Remember we were in the process of pumping the Hibs so everyone was feeling charitable.Top goalkeeping that day mind.

Serj Tankian

Was that his last season in goals for them and he went to the huns next season and in the first game v huns at Tynecastle Crabbe scored a looping shot early on in the game and we won 1-0.

Was that his last season in goals for them and he went to the huns next season and in the first game v huns at Tynecastle Crabbe scored a looping shot early on in the game and we won 1-0.

Aye.

I've met Graeme Smith a few times and although I would not claim to know him, he seems a really decent person. And if he's a jambo, all the better. I'd sell my left baw to get a professional gig, Hibs or anybody.

He'd surely have been released at the end of the season regardless of what allegedly happened.

I suppose there could be some truth in it as there was an announcement saying Hibs were releasing a few players at the end of the season and Smith got released straight away rather than seeing his contract out.

the general

Well he is a big Hearts fan, good on him... If true of course, only got the OPs word for it. Same thing applies to HANS' story, just hearsay unless you are there to witness such things for yourself I suppose.

HANS story is correct

Guest Bilel Mohsni

So let me get this right then... He was wearing a suit -still unsure of the relevance of this bit- and he was walking (swaggering?) Up to groups of complete strangers and asking them for a scrap?

I am sure there is some truth in what happened but if that is the whole story I would be very surprised. Quite simply whenever I have had any trouble in town there has usually been crossed wires and misunderstandings, despite all the many tales of these kind I have never once seen anyone going up to strangers and trying to fight them completely unprovoked, even if the provocation was maybe unintentional.

Not saying you are lying just that the story sounds a bit unbelievable and vague.

The People's Chimp

I don't care about whether this is true or not.

I'm believing it.

Just like Temps rattling Hogg's other half. thumbsup.gif

We have sung a song for another hibs goalie...remember this???"HE'S FAT,HE'S ROUND,HE BOUNCES ON THE GROUND,ALAN ROUGH...ALAN ROUGH.."

We have sung a song for another hibs goalie...remember this???"HE'S FAT,HE'S ROUND,HE BOUNCES ON THE GROUND,ALAN ROUGH...ALAN ROUGH.."

Zibi, gis a wave!

Archived