Funniest shouts

fabienleclerq

fabienleclerq

What's the funniest shout's you've heard at a match?

My favourite was my mate's cousin was sitting next to us and two hearts players jumped to head the same ball.

He attempted to tell them to communicate better but came out with "for **** sake, open yir ****!!"

Morgaro Gomis

Not particularly funny, but as recently as the game against Motherwell, a guy near me shouted "Oi, Ref, play the advantage!" when Craig Thomson had began charging up the line after Collum had given Motherwell a foul on the edge of our box.

As I said, not really funny, but it made me think - maybe some people actually don't know the rules.

There is a video somewhere from a Hibs game where the Hibs fan shouts at one of their players (I think Riordan)....''FFS Riordan your better than you think!....eh, naw..You think yer better than you are!'' :lol:

Please somebody find it.

JamboJohninUSA

Hmmm One of the most memorable was fae my  Uncle Mojo.. we were both half cut.. Mojo is a plumber and the week prior was called oot to unblock Steve Frails Bog.. Needless to say it was a meachty Tolley that blocked the bog!!<br><br>As Stevie Frail approached the sideline to take a throw in ..  Mojo Shouts Ohh Stevie.. Av Touched Your Jobbie!!   i pissed masel..<br><br>There was an old man in the stands looked on his last legs hair fallin oot oxygen mask Zimmer ( Before all seating School end) I shouted out ohh gimme yer autograph ITS ROY CASTLE!<br><br><br><br>

JamboJohninUSA

NOT a shout but one hell of a feck up. hearts Vs Celtic at Tynie. packie bonner turns kneels on the goal line and crosses himself to piss off the hearts crowd. a few seconds later Hearts 1 Scumbags 0 Funny as feck he took some stick

I used to go to all the Linlithgow Rose games. It's one of those cramped pitches with the crowd righ next to it. Scott Nisbet had just signed for Arniston Rangers, and was winding up for a long throw, his back against the wall surrounding the pitch. The boy standing right next to the wall, about a foot away from Nisbet's ear piped up "**** sake Nisbet....you're ******* murder". Nisbet dropped the ball and looked at the boy in despair before joining in the laughter. That's why I love junior football!

Jambo_all_the_way

Not particularly funny, but as recently as the game against Motherwell, a guy near me shouted "Oi, Ref, play the advantage!" when Craig Thomson had began charging up the line after Collum had given Motherwell a foul on the edge of our box.

As I said, not really funny, but it made me think - maybe some people actually don't know the rules.

Where do you sit man? I heard something similar too although they didn't shout it that loud.

At a Wrexham v West Ham game in the late 70's. Dai Davies, the Wrexham keeper had just had a bairn and a cockney wit standing beside me shouts, "Hey Dai, how's your wife?...And MY baby"!

Aimed at Obua last season after he made an arse of things...."Your about as much use as a chocolate fire guard!" Made me giggle :thumbsup:

Randy Marsh

My mate used to watch Hearts in the early 90's and told me about a belter he heard from the shed.

A guy shouted out, ''keep it tight sons of gorgie'' during a close match against Rangers.

Still makes me laugh even though I didn't hear it myself.

There is a video somewhere from a Hibs game where the Hibs fan shouts at one of their players (I think Riordan)....''FFS Riordan your better than you think!....eh, naw..You think yer better than you are!'' :lol:

Please somebody find it.

The shout was about Liam Miller - and it was good enough to be in my sig ever since! :teehee:

Here it is. While the video is so embarrassing it's worth watching in it's entirety (a day in the life of a Hobo on derby day looks so grim!), it's about 6 minutes in!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prtgd29xIVc

:verysmug:

Someone shouted one time to Andy Watson... We could get a decent house for you cost us...... was a long time ago.. :lol:

Harry Palmer

The shout was about Liam Miller - and it was good enough to be in my sig ever since! :teehee:

Here it is. While the video is so embarrassing it's worth watching in it's entirety (a day in the life of a Hobo on derby day looks so grim!), it's about 6 minutes in!

:rofl: :rofl:

Good man. :thumbsup:

Peter Grant of Celtic about to take throw-in over at the Wheatfield stand with Stevie Frail of Hearts

standing in front of him when a fan shouted "**** of ya pape". Grant camly points to Frail and says

"He's a pape a naw."

Punks No Deid

Jimmy Muir shout to Andy Watson at Love Street. Watson bein as slow as a week in Saughton tried to chase a stray pass & keep it in. Jimmy shouted to him "Haw Watson you've as much chance of catchin that as ah huv growin t*ts oan ma foreheid!" Quality with a capital Q

Got two:

1) Sitting in the Wheatfield for a derby towards the end of the season a few years ago, some Hobo (Murray I think) comes over to take a throw-in and has to kick away an inflatable ferry to do it. Boy beside me pipes up, "Oi Murray, that's a cross-channel ferry, that take you to Europe, you'll no' ken what that is"

2) Barcelona game, I was sitting in front of some woman and her two kids, when a voice roars out from behind us, "Moan the Hearts", woman (thinking she's quieter than she is) whispers, "Moan the Hibs". Straight away, the same voice calls out, "**** off".

Not proud of laughing at a woman getting abuse, but the way it was done almost ended me that afternoon.

On a rare occasion of going to a game not featuring the Jambos ... Ayr Utd v Aberdeen, a long time ago, from the terracing:

"hoi, Jarvie, come up here, ah've goat ma pit bits oan"

For younger readers, pits were places of work formerly common in Scotland, where men toiled underground cutting out a black form of carbon called "coal" which was then burnt to provide heat.

"pit bits" = protective footwear.

Drew Jarvie was an Anerdeen footballer with a serious comb-over.

Punks No Deid

Always laughed at the shouts at players who weren't very good at heading the ball..

"Yiv goat a heid like a biscuit tin"

or

"Yiv got a heid like a sheriffs badge"

The White Cockade

back in the 80's there was a boy who would shout

"Come on Hearts, keep the high balls low"

and probably late 70's there was an old drunk in the enclosure

"Come on the boys in marone"

"Come on ma bonny boys"

Jambof3tornado

Stevie Fulton took a sore one right in front of us in the wheatfield and when the ref asked the physio if he wanted a stretcher someone shouted "**** the stretcher,fetch a horse and cart!". Even Fulton was laughing.

What a guy!

Gods a Jambo

When I was younger my old man always made me stand behind the goals and there was an old boy there every week who used to shout "earn yer corn Hearts". More recently a guy infront of me shouted at the Celtic fans after they chanted "you're only here for the celtic", "you're only here for the ballboys" I genuinely laughed out loud at that one.

grumpy rebus

1) In the 80's when the away fans were in the Gorgie Road end, the shellick fans started chanting "what's it like to carry AIDS" only to be met with the best comeback from the other 3 sides of the ground - "we're going to shaggg you!"

2) A preseason friendly at Peffermill where an increasingly irate Doddy is a bit hacked off with some of the (very amateur) ref's decisions. "FFS ref, you been sniffing glue".

3) When rangers had a load of Italians and their fans started their usual "singsong", and we came out with "you've got more tims than celtic"

Notorious BIG

The Motherwell game willie collum gave a shocking decision to award a free-kick to well right at the corner of section G, as collum walked over to where it was taken, Some old boy shouted "Are you gonna take it for them aswell ref" a couldnt stop laughing haha

johndawgylt

When that was sung up at killie it was funny.

Was that when the famous incident happened with someone throwing a cup of hot coffee?

Many years ago, while Livingston were in the third or second division (pre-administration) me and my dad were at a cup match at Almondvale. We were struggling to make any headway in a scrappy match and then comes a big, booming voice from the back of the stand - 'Come on heart of midlothian... DESTROY!' Everyone who heard it started laughing, great banter.

Serj Tankian

Was getting Crawford Boyds autograph at the tunnel and someone shouts out " you spell it $ hite S h I t e "

Rupert Pupkin

Old boy who sat up from us about ref Mike McCurry "Hows that no a foul McCurry?ya half Irish half indian bassa"

Same old guy at ref Rowbottam"Get that hair oot yir eyes man yee cannae see feck all"

_44381661_john_paul_kissock203b.jpg

Hearts v Gretna and John Paul Kissock comes over to take a corner and the guy who sits beside us shouts "Oi! You can't sell your Big Issue on our corner".

Apparently it made an impression, in an interview with one of the papers a few weeks later he mentioned hearing the shout as a highlight of his season - not hard when you're at Gretna.

Theres a current linesman that is always infront of the wheatfeild. hes got a bit of a bottem retracted jaw, and someone shouted "Hawt lino, yev got no chin!"

Remember a couple of years back hearing some old boy shout to Stephen Craigan, the greying Motherwell left-back (?):

"Haw Craigan, Just For Men ya ^^^^!"

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Against Rangers a few years ago.

Rangers fans all chanting: "HIV, HIV, HIV!"

Lull in the noise...

Wee laddie about 14 stands up in the Wheatfield next to the Rangers support and shouts...

"HIV?" Aye, we all caught it from yer maw, she shags moneys!"

Even the Huns laughed. :D

Mad Dog Frazer

there was one that made me giggle cant mind the game or the player but

the opposition played a ball through to the player and he over hit it

Someone piped up

"Just cause he looks like a horse, doesnt mean he can run like one"

Morgaro Gomis

Where do you sit man? I heard something similar too although they didn't shout it that loud.

I sit in Gorgie Stand, Section Y Row 13.

Not really a shout, but I always find it funny when a song's being sung it and peters out leaving the only person still singing it looking/feeling a bit silly. Happened to someone during a rousing rendition of sheepshagging *******s up at Pittodrie a few months back, poor bloke almost got arrested by one of Grampian's finest for his troubles.

slashishere

Priceless :lol:

Coburg Hearts

At the recent Dun. Utd. game a guy in section G lower shouted.....Goodwillie, yer a disgrace to yer name. :D Timing is everything with most shouts.

I remember a great chant we started at Ibrox a few years back. Even though we were losing (and eventually lost) 2-1, we started demanding that Rangers bring on Paulo Vanoli and/or Nuno Capucho, as they were absolutely dire. The cheer when they brought Egil Ostenstad on from our end was almost as loud as when we took the lead earlier in the game - our cheers further validated by Ostenstad missing a sitter 5 mins later.

heartgarfunkel

JKB poster Barney Battles roaring out 'Skin him Dennis' each time our full-back Nielsen tried to take the ball past an opponent is a favourite of mine.

Guy in N2 shouts at oppo players and if they turn around they normally see him and his mates giving them the finger. Anyway he shouted at dougie imrie "oi dougie" who turned around surprised saying aye to see all of that section giving him the finger and laughing at him. The look on Imries face was priceless. Also been done to cleveland taylor, lafferty, sandaza.

at the Hamilton game in November. I was at the front of section g Hamilton won a free kick infront of us and CT came and stood infront of the ball. And from behind us someone shouted "oi Craig if Ye wanted to put him off just show him yer boabby" that got a fair few chuckles

Big mate who posts on here shouted "run like the wind Stevie" just as Fulton picked up a wide ball and lumbered forward. Timing was perfect :teehee:

Snappiest I ever heard was me some punter shouting "Mick McCarthy, your world cup commentary was average at best" during the friendly with Wolves.

I remember one at Falkirk during the "crisis" era when Malofeev was in charge. We broke on the counter attack with Miko taking the ball forward. This was at a time when Miko's form was at an all-time low and the resentment from the stands was at an all time high. The guy beside me - who had done his best to back all of the players throughout the game - finally lost his patience as Miko stumbled over the ball:

"Run. RUN! RUN YA LITTLE B*ST*RD!!!"

Definitely one you had to be there, though. To me, it summed up the frustration and the support through gritted teeth that was prevalent at the time.

Another favourite of mine was the shout "Snap That Monkey!"

Aimed at Rino Gattuso.

Archived