Webster

Disser Pointon

Disser Pointon

Any news on why he went off at half time, some sort of strain presumably?

Dont think anyone could argue that the 3 points would have been in the bag if he had still been on the park.

Any news on why he went off at half time, some sort of strain presumably?

Dont think anyone could argue that the 3 points would have been in the bag if he had still been on the park.

Yes he strained his groin, not too bad but not the sort of thing you play on with.

I agree we's have got 3 points had stayed fit and played 2nd half.

ToadKiller Dog

We have never really had a settled proper back four for a long period at any point this season .

Webster clearly a loss at half time we still should have held out but wasnt to be .

Captain Lithuania

Webster haters are seething with this. Our captain next season, and one of our most experienced players, and one of our best ability wise. We missed him dearly in the second half. And to be fair, he was strolling the game. Hope he's back next week and leading our glorious team out at Rugby Park and sending the "Killie Boys" back to the scheme where they belong!

:thumbsup:

always a jambo

Hopefully he'll be fit for next week. We missed him in the second half today. Don't think we'd have conceded 3 if he'd still been on.

We have never really had a settled proper back four for a long period at any point this season .

Webster clearly a loss at half time we still should have held out but wasnt to be .

Well we did play with Jonsson, Bouzid, Zaliukas and Palazeulos for a while. I'm sure if everybody was fit it would be C.Thomson, Webster, Zaliukas and Wallace though.

I agree though, Webster did keep our back 4 together, when we lost his leadership qualities at the back we didn't really have anybody to command the defence properly. Unfortunately without either Zaliukas or Webster at the back to keep things in order we will concede goals, today being a fine example.

Well we did play with Jonsson, Bouzid, Zaliukas and Palazeulos for a while. I'm sure if everybody was fit it would be C.Thomson, Webster, Zaliukas and Wallace though.

I agree though, Webster did keep our back 4 together, when we lost his leadership qualities at the back we didn't really have anybody to command the defence properly. Unfortunately without either Zaliukas or Webster at the back to keep things in order we will concede goals, today being a fine example.

We did play with these formations but why when Webster got injured did we not put CT in his natural position at RB, Pala to a position he has looked comfortable in i.e LB, Eggert to central defence where he played well in a previous crisis for some considerable time and Mrowiec to his natural position at central mid?

We had two full backs out of position and our third choice central defender who plays ok with a decent partner paired with a guy who has not played for weeks then brought on at HT and shoved in a position that is largely alien to him. JJ must take a bit of flack for this IMO. He also should have hooked Rudi long before he did as he was blowing out his erse and I think his fitness is a problem, great goal though. Hope Webster is back next week

Toxteth O'Grady

Webster haters are seething with this. Our captain next season, and one of our most experienced players, and one of our best ability wise. We missed him dearly in the second half. And to be fair, he was strolling the game. Hope he's back next week and leading our glorious team out at Rugby Park and sending the "Killie Boys" back to the scheme where they belong!

No point in making him Captain if he's going to be injured half the time

All roads lead to Gorgie

I'm sure Webby would not have allowed Sutton the space he was given in the box in the second half. Bouzid just does not fill the main centre back role for all his undoubted effort. Zal has a huge part to play next week if Webster is out.

Templeton'sUnderpants

For me Webster has been hit and miss since he came in, major love in with him on here can't really explain it. Captain? One of our most injury prone players? Blackie is clearly the main candidate for captain if for some reason Zal is unable to fulfil these duties.

davemclaren

For me Webster has been hit and miss since he came in, major love in with him on here can't really explain it. Captain? One of our most injury prone players? Blackie is clearly the main candidate for captain if for some reason Zal is unable to fulfil these duties.

You just have to look at our defence in the second half to see how important he was today. Zal's sending off has now cost us 4 points imo as he would have been a far better option than Mrowiec.

I heard he had 30 pieces of silver to pick up this weekend.

Webster's a judas <_<

its getting a bit old now, him going off today cost us the 3 points, we desperately need him back for next week.

Templeton'sUnderpants

You just have to look at our defence in the second half to see how important he was today. Zal's sending off has now cost us 4 points imo as he would have been a far better option than Mrowiec.

Aye he was hit when he was on the day. didn't think he was great last week. Was quality against Hibs, pish against St Mirren. don't confuse me for a Webster hater I think he is better than Bouzid just think people are overstating his ability a fair bit.

Not sure if you are having a dig at or complimenting Zal there.

Webster is class. We would never have lost three goals had he been on the park in the second half. Hope he's fit for next week.

Lynn :ninja:

:vrface:

davemclaren

Aye he was hit when he was on the day. didn't think he was great last week. Was quality against Hibs, pish against St Mirren. don't confuse me for a Webster hater I think he is better than Bouzid just think people are overstating his ability a fair bit.

Not sure if you are having a dig at or complimenting Zal there.

I'm doing both. Without zal we had to play Mrowiec in the second half whereas we could have had a better centre half available. Zal's stupid ( imo ) sending off has cost us dearly.

I'm doing both. Without zal we had to play Mrowiec in the second half whereas we could have had a better centre half available. Zal's stupid ( imo ) sending off has cost us dearly.

Still think it was a harsh sending off Dave.

A penalty no doubt but not sending off.He will be punted in the summer anyway I'd think.

Hearts of Vladland

Ian Black, really? :unsure: Anyone who can't see Webster should be captain is missing a few screws.

scott_jambo

I am unsure about the chat about "Webster haters" annoyed that he played well in the first half. If Webster doesn't play 100% to the best of his ability and show full commitment to Hearts then I will be on his back. So far he has put in a couple good shifts and he had an outstanding first half today.

I was ready to come on here and sing his praises but his injury prone-ness cost us the game. Bouzid can't opereate without a leader beside him and Mrowiec is limited and out of position.

Libertonian_II

With Webster we were fine, without........

That we were in this situation today was down to captain bombscare who, had he screwed the nut against the hobos, we might have been 4 points better off

scott_jambo

That we were in this situation today was down to captain bombscare who, had he screwed the nut against the hobos, we might have been 4 points better off

:vrface:

davemclaren

Still think it was a harsh sending off Dave.

A penalty no doubt but not sending off.He will be punted in the summer anyway I'd think.

It was harsh but Zal didn't need to make that challenge imo. Anyway, it's in the past now and Bouzid is suspended next week so let's hope Webster is ok to start beside Zal.

correct, at the end of the season Zal's stupidity could cost us far more than a victory down the Leith San Giro. europen football could have been a certainty after today or his **** up in the derby.

scott_jambo

TBF, bombscare comment apart, he has the right stick.

For the record.....

Rate Zal.

I should of been more clear with my facepalm smiley.

Zal has earned us more points than lost us this season.

I don't think Webster has earned us any additional points this season.

Rate Zal and Webster as players.

On reflection, Zal's stupidity has meant that we havent tied this 3rd place up earlier. Just keep Daimond away from our club. thumbsup.gif

Edit - If it wasn't for Craig Thomson and Eggert getting roasted all game today we would also have 3rd place tied up. dry.gif

It was harsh but Zal didn't need to make that challenge imo. Anyway, it's in the past now and Bouzid is suspended next week so let's hope Webster is ok to start beside Zal.

Hope so as well but if he isn't then I'd play Jonsson beside Zal.

What's happened to Barr? Thought he was fit again.

Webster's a judas <_<

its getting a bit old now, him going off today cost us the 3 points, we desperately need him back for next week.

Agreed. Nothing else I can add.

Spot on IMO. This has cost us points.

Libertonian_II

I should of been more clear with my facepalm smiley.

Zal has earned us more points than lost us this season.

I don't think Webster has earned us any additional points this season.

Rate Zal and Webster as players.

On reflection, Zal's stupidity has meant that we havent tied this 3rd place up earlier. Just keep Daimond away from our club. thumbsup.gif

Edit - If it wasn't for Craig Thomson and Eggert getting roasted all game today we would also have 3rd place tied up. dry.gif

OK didn't see this one

FP smiley still don't understand

Yup CT and EJ were roasted

Wouldn't say black was a candidate personally

Webster or Kyle :thumbsup:

**** me dead, Webster is clearly the best man for the job.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Some No 15 "seethers", like myself, do not doubt his ability. I don't want to see him play for us at all on principle.

And I will remain consistent in that viewpoint.

Getintaethem

Is he made of chocolate? I'll reserve judgement on him until he manages to play five games in a row, got a feeling I'm in for a long wait. :rolleyes:

We did play with these formations but why when Webster got injured did we not put CT in his natural position at RB, Pala to a position he has looked comfortable in i.e LB, Eggert to central defence where he played well in a previous crisis for some considerable time and Mrowiec to his natural position at central mid?

We had two full backs out of position and our third choice central defender who plays ok with a decent partner paired with a guy who has not played for weeks then brought on at HT and shoved in a position that is largely alien to him. JJ must take a bit of flack for this IMO. He also should have hooked Rudi long before he did as he was blowing out his erse and I think his fitness is a problem, great goal though. Hope Webster is back next week

I said this at the game. He had half time to sort this one out so it was not like making all sorts of changes in the middle of the action. Webster's fitness is a real concern to me. I wouldn't dream of making him club captain when he has not proven the fitness to string a larger number of completed games together.

Cappuccino Kid

Webster's a judas <_<

Light hearted comment, but given your avatar i would guess irony ain't your strong point.

Agree completely Webster going off changed the game.

Webster really is a superb CH.

I hope he's not out for too long.

When he's fit, is there better in Scotland - even close?

Some No 15 "seethers", like myself, do not doubt his ability. I don't want to see him play for us at all on principle.

And I will remain consistent in that viewpoint.

Did you play much of a role in the NI peace process Geoff?

Iain Paisley and Adams/McGuiness are happy you are 14,000 miles away.

:teehee:

Drylaw Hearts

Apparently he'll be fine for next week, it was just precautionary.

I hoped/thought that would be the case. I think at 2-0 up and looking good for 3 points it seemed a sensible decision.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Did you play much of a role in the NI peace process Geoff?

Iain Paisley and Adams/McGuiness are happy you are 14,000 miles away.

:teehee:

Whoosh! What a non-sequitur!

davemclaren

Blaming Zal's sending off for throwing away a 3 goal lead at home :vrface:

:nozal:

Zal didn't throw away any goals yesterday but do you not think we would have defended better in the second hal if he and Bouzid were the 2 centre halves?

Francis Albert

Glad he had a good game yesterday (well half of one). For me he has blown hot and cold since his return, though more hot than cold.

He has had his share of shaky spells (or "bombscare moments" if you must) and I'd like half a season from him before elevating him (re-elevating him?) to legend status.

Archived