John Sutton is a must for next season !

Jambotommy

heartsfc_fan

John lives in the west end and his missus is looking at opening a shop in the weeg, strong ties up here now and as I said before told me he would love to sign for HMFC.

:pleasing: if true

No reason why we shouldn't go for both Sutton AND Rooney.

Nothing wrong with having 4 SPL standard forwards, competition for places would surely be a benefit to the team.

Nothing wrong with having 4 SPL standard forwards, competition for places would surely be a benefit to the team.

We'd have to get rid of Glen and Elliot though. That's the hard part. :(

We'd have to get rid of Glen and Elliot though. That's the hard part. :(

I reckon there are a few 1st Division teams who would snatch their hands off at GG on loan.

Elliot will be released after he returns from injury.

We could just not play them, mind.

jamboinglasgow

we will also have Gordon Smith back. The interesting thing is if we have all five, then that is four strikers who are least 6'2"

we will also have Gordon Smith back. The interesting thing is if we have all five, then that is four strikers who are least 6'2"

I wouldn't be surprised to see Smith out on loan again.

jamboinglasgow

I wouldn't be surprised to see Smith out on loan again.

think it would be a shame to chuck him on loan again after having a great season on loan. Unless they can loan him to a club in the SPL.

think it would be a shame to chuck him on loan again after having a great season on loan. Unless they can loan him to a club in the SPL.

This would be ideal. St Johnstone could be his next visit.

Horatio Caine

Does Sutton have any Irish catholic blood in him though.

I have no idea, but he's got the same blood as his brother Chris. He didn't do too badly at Darkheid and so I'd be quite surprised if Lennon isn't planning a move for him.

If that happens, we can forget it imo.

Just an alternative shout (I would be more than happy with either Rooney or Sutton on a bosman though) but I hear Iwelumo is going to be leaving Burnley in the summer. Could he be a decent short-term option?

alwaysthereinspirit

I think he will be with us next season. No doubt Aberdeen and Hibs will give him some token interest but then moan that we can double their wage offer :smuggy:

He he, you're mean.:thumbsup:

alwaysthereinspirit

Just an alternative shout (I would be more than happy with either Rooney or Sutton on a bosman though) but I hear Iwelumo is going to be leaving Burnley in the summer. Could he be a decent short-term option?

What do you think he's on a week?

I'd take Hateley's laddie as well for our problem right back spot.

Yeah, thought he's been good this season.

Wouldn't mind getting Jennings, his contract is up at the end of the season.

I'd take Hateley's laddie as well for our problem right back spot.

Yeah, thought he's been good this season.

Wouldn't mind getting Jennings, his contract is up at the end of the season.

I think he'd be okay in midfield (Hateley that is) as he looks a decent midfielder. Not sure about right back though.

As for Jennings, no ta.

I think he'd be okay in midfield (Hateley that is) as he looks a decent midfielder. Not sure about right back though.

As for Jennings, no ta.

Played most of the season at right back, including a decent game against Rangers IIRC.

iv never really posted on here but someone i know is close to the club and he told me that collin nish, zander diamond, sutton and Alexei Eremenko are as good as signed. and that there wage's put together is less that we pay bouzid.

he has been pretty reliable in things he has told me before.

iv never really posted on here but someone i know is close to the club and he told me that collin nish, zander diamond, sutton and Alexei Eremenko are as good as signed. and that there wage's put together is less that we pay bouzid.

Triffic, ya hibs mug! Nish :lol:

heartsfc_fan

Nish :facepalm:

Diamond :down:

Sutton :thumbsup:

Eremenko :ermm: no chance as we'd have to pay his current club a fee

im only posting what i got told today, and as i said he has been pretty reliable in the past with things he has told me.

Nish :facepalm:

Diamond :down:

Sutton :thumbsup:

Eremenko :ermm: no chance as we'd have to pay his current club a fee

Not saying this is true, but did JJ not state he was being given a rather large budget for players?

Not saying this is true, but did JJ not state he was being given a rather large budget for players?

from what i was told today he will get a good budget if he can drop the wages down,

jamboinglasgow

Nish? Please for the love of God no, I would take Diamond before Nish.

Only a Game

I'm always doubtful when someone says they have knowledge of how much a player is on and how much a signing will be getting.

However I think we might get two of the above players and possibly three.

Sutton. I really hope we've been speaking to him and have an offer on the table, because I think he'd sign for us. I think he'd be brilliant for us and we'll lose him if we dont act quickly

Nish. JJ likes him. He'd be cheap and he's better than either Elliot or Glen. No objection if we signed him as cover.

Diamond. I seriously hope not but I fear that JJ has already got him on board.

Eremenko. Only if he gets free'd by his club. Only if he doesnt have a better alternative on the horizon and only for a reasonable wage (at the high end of what we pay but still within boundaries)........That'll be a definite NO.......... IMO.

I have no idea how much Bouzid is on, but I bet Eremenko would laugh at us if we offered him that much

Only a Game

from what i was told today he will get a good budget if he can drop the wages down,

So he has to cut his budget then ?

Jambof3tornado

No,he said he'd be happy with half what he is getting. That doesn't really give any idea of budget size,JJ may be easily pleased!

I really can't see us paying transfer fees when so many players can be brought in for free!

Jambof3tornado

So he has to cut his budget then ?

Has he not been actively cutting costs since he arrived back?

Drylaw Hearts

:lol:

rossthejambo

Nonsense.

Think Sutton will head down South for the money.

Would not be suprised if we went for someone like Higdon as back up to Kyle.

Think Sutton will head down South for the money.

Would not be suprised if we went for someone like Higdon as back up to Kyle.

If he will be ignoring his happy family life and university commitments, then yes he will head south again where his career has hardly set the heather on fire in previous spell there.

No,he said he'd be happy with half what he is getting. That doesn't really give any idea of budget size,JJ may be easily pleased!

I really can't see us paying transfer fees when so many players can be brought in for free!

Eremenko does have sell on value, though.

If he will be ignoring his happy family life and university commitments, then yes he will head south again where his career has hardly set the heather on fire in previous spell there.

Short career and cash is king etc....

He is certainly a better player than he was when he first came to Scotland - he could cut it in league 1 and possibily Championship.

Short career and cash is king etc....

He is certainly a better player than he was when he first came to Scotland - he could cut it in league 1 and possibily Championship.

He's already preparing for life after football.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I do not see him signing for us, would love it but do not see it for some reason.

Has anyone mentioned the possibility of the Tims giving him a punt? If they are prepared to give Mulgrew and Wilson contracts the Chris' wee brother would be worth a chance on freedom of contract I reckon. :ninja:

He's already preparing for life after football.

He could move his studies to another university.

I would love him at Hearts but just not sure if we can keep both Kyle and Sutton happy - whilst someone like Higdon may accept the potential 2nd fiddle role.

He could move his studies to another university.

I would love him at Hearts but just not sure if we can keep both Kyle and Sutton happy - whilst someone like Higdon may accept the potential 2nd fiddle role.

Horrendously bad footballer.

tartofmidlothian

We could have competition, this was on the BBC site earlier:

"Celtic manager Neil Lennon is considering a summer move for Motherwell striker John Sutton, with whom he played at Wycombe Wanderers. (Daily Record)"

We could have competition, this was on the BBC site earlier:

"Celtic manager Neil Lennon is considering a summer move for Motherwell striker John Sutton, with whom he played at Wycombe Wanderers. (Daily Record)"

Typical Celtic just buy the ###### never to play him.

Archived