John Sutton is a must for next season !

Jambotommy

SanliHearts

Aye...... Hearts :D

Hopefully, I think if we do get to Europe it will be down to Goal Difference. We need consistency, this is the same team that not long ago were pushing for 1st/2nd....

Templeton'sUnderpants

He'd be a cracking addition to the squad!

I'd play him before KK even!

Blasphemy. I'd have him though.

jamboinglasgow

Blasphemy. I'd have him though.

it would a tough choice but have the choice between Sutton and Kyle each week would be an amazing option.

Stunning header for their 3rd. Sign him up

Well it was a good header but Bouzid was there and he missed it but I agree he would be a good acquisition.

No chance, he'll sign for a team playing in europe next season

Guess your bottle is not half full - it's empty !

Think he'll end up in England but would be a great signing for us.

I would agree with this.

Pity though seems to be a good player

Templeton'sUnderpants

Think he'll end up in England but would be a great signing for us.

Sure there was mention he is studying in Glasgow or something? Perhaps I imagined it.

Sure there was mention he is studying in Glasgow or something? Perhaps I imagined it.

I heard this too, surely an incentive for us if true.

janie jones

Would definately take Sutton but feel in addition we need a different type of striker to play with Elliot so we can alter our style of play as and when necessary. Since Kyle has been injured JJ has tried, most of the time unsuccessfully, to play with a target man alongside Elliot instead of trying Robinson alongside him. We don't want to be too predictable and that's why I would prefer Rooney over Sutton although both would great as I can't see Kyle being fit most of the season.

In addition we are desperate for two full backs, one to provide cover for LW and although I like CT we don't have a qality RB IMO. If we strengthen in these positions plus an attacking CM we could have a cracking side next season

Neilson's Shank

Studying Chemistry in Glasgow, Heriot Watt has a far better reputation for Chemistry IMHO

Can anyone disagree?

i know a few Motherwell fans thru work, and they say hes hit a purple patch , but prior to this point he has been nothing special, all said he has a terrible first touch on the ball, can often appear disinterested, the fact hes 27 yrs old now, has played at Norwich, St Mirren Raith Rovers Dundee and Wycombe without really setting the heather on fire kinda tells me we shouldnt get too carried away, id take him as a back up to Kyle, but as a first choice striker no thanks.

I cant believe how exited many on here are at any possibility of this guy signing for us. It was just a couple of years ago that we would have scoffed at the likes of him or Kyle for that matter, joining us, oh how times have changed.

Jefferies seems determined to play the big guy up front scenario, and that's fine but we really need quality above any thing else. Kyle is not the answer and neither is Sutton. Neither of those guys where good enough before so what makes them good enough now. Kyle is falling into the injury stricken forward he's always been and Sutton is hit or miss according to the well fans I've spoken to. I know we cant go out and just grab an awesome forward but i was hopeful we would be looking a little higher if we really have aspirations of greater glory. Before anyone gets to bent out of shape, i personally quite like Keven Kyle and think he's an excellent squad player, just not anywhere near as wonderful as many on here think. If we do end up with Sutton I'm sure he'll do well but I'm not going to give up on the thought of Vlad springing for a far better player that really will get us fans excited.

ToadKiller Dog

From what i have seen of Sutton this season its a bit more than a purple patch ,his movement is good in the box ,seems strong and not easily knocked off the ball . I would say at 27 he has more likely matured into a more than decent SPL

striker of course if Vlad can find better for the wage level we have to offer then fair enough but i doubt it .

I think Well fans are making excuses so not to feel so bad as he will likely leave .

Kyle just a squad player seriously ? he clearly has been missed his injury has been anoying but when fit bossed the teams around us defences another player like Sutton who has matured through the years and might not be a world beater but a top level SPL player ,He scares SPL defenders. He also leads on the park ,a major factor in our good middle of the season .

I do think our first priority is a central midfielder who can make a pass can get forward what money JJ has the best part should go on the search for that .

From what i have seen of Sutton this season its a bit more than a purple patch ,his movement is good in the box ,seems strong and not easily knocked off the ball . I would say at 27 he has more likely matured into a more than decent SPL

striker of course if Vlad can find better for the wage level we have to offer then fair enough but i doubt it .

I think Well fans are making excuses so not to feel so bad as he will likely leave .

Kyle just a squad player seriously ? he clearly has been missed his injury has been anoying but when fit bossed the teams around us defences another player like Sutton who has matured through the years and might not be a world beater but a top level SPL player ,He scares SPL defenders. He also leads on the park ,a major factor in our good middle of the season .

I do think our first priority is a central midfielder who can make a pass can get forward what money JJ has the best part should go on the search for that .

http://tribalfootball.com/articles/motherwell-boss-mccall-sutton-has-contract-offer-1588521

well acc to this report after yesterdays game McCall stated Sutton wouldnt get a game at Hearts when Kyle is fit

Italian Lambretta

This is the very reason I think we are more inclined to go for Adam Rooney.

Rooney will be a more long term acquisition who will learn from KK.

http://tribalfootball.com/articles/motherwell-boss-mccall-sutton-has-contract-offer-1588521

well acc to this report after yesterdays game McCall stated Sutton wouldnt get a game at Hearts when Kyle is fit

I cant believe how exited many on here are at any possibility of this guy signing for us. It was just a couple of years ago that we would have scoffed at the likes of him or Kyle for that matter, joining us, oh how times have changed.

Jefferies seems determined to play the big guy up front scenario, and that's fine but we really need quality above any thing else. Kyle is not the answer and neither is Sutton. Neither of those guys where good enough before so what makes them good enough now. Kyle is falling into the injury stricken forward he's always been and Sutton is hit or miss according to the well fans I've spoken to. I know we cant go out and just grab an awesome forward but i was hopeful we would be looking a little higher if we really have aspirations of greater glory. Before anyone gets to bent out of shape, i personally quite like Keven Kyle and think he's an excellent squad player, just not anywhere near as wonderful as many on here think. If we do end up with Sutton I'm sure he'll do well but I'm not going to give up on the thought of Vlad springing for a far better player that really will get us fans excited.

You really don't pay attention do you?!

Sutton fits all criteria for Hearts right now.... he is on form, big physical striker, right age and will command no fee!

He is EXACTLY the type of player Hearts are looking at now.

Sutton is like a younger KK, only more mobile and fitter! Any player coming to us will be on a free... Vlad won't spend money if he doesn't have to!

This is the very reason I think we are more inclined to go for Adam Rooney.

Rooney will be a more long term acquisition who will learn from KK.

Although it is logical the post after yours sums it up.i.e Vlad wont pay dough and with Rooney only being 23 a development fee would be required to be paid to ICT. Personaly I would like to think that if both are on the radar then the fee would not be significant enough for us to take the cheap option just because it is precisely that.

In other words if he rates Rooney higher than Sutton go for the one you really want.

After being at Inverness and at Tynie yesterday you would have to say Sutton did more (no brainer really as he scored twice) but I just hope JJ looks into this thoroughly. Taking both is not great for Moral as with KK Ellott and A N Other you have the first choice but guys like Robinson and even Ogilby in the 19s have to have something to aim at. I dont think Ogilby can be that far away after watching him v Gers on Friday. He is big enough, fast enough and makes good runs

Although it is logical the post after yours sums it up.i.e Vlad wont pay dough and with Rooney only being 23 a development fee would be required to be paid to ICT. Personaly I would like to think that if both are on the radar then the fee would not be significant enough for us to take the cheap option just because it is precisely that.

In other words if he rates Rooney higher than Sutton go for the one you really want.

After being at Inverness and at Tynie yesterday you would have to say Sutton did more (no brainer really as he scored twice) but I just hope JJ looks into this thoroughly. Taking both is not great for Moral as with KK Ellott and A N Other you have the first choice but guys like Robinson and even Ogilby in the 19s have to have something to aim at. I dont think Ogilby can be that far away after watching him v Gers on Friday. He is big enough, fast enough and makes good runs

Yon Messi is far too wee. In fact Barcelona must be pish, their whole midfield is tiny.

Yon Messi is far too wee. In fact Barcelona must be pish, their whole midfield is tiny.

do you actually watch us??

Do we mould our team around a messi type player??

did I mention Messi/Barcelona ??

We are looking at the likes of Sutton and Rooney for a reason and that is JJ has a chosen style of play which allows for a big target man striker. Ogilby happens to be in that mould, that was the point whooooooosh

Edit : oh aye we aint no Barca either and Messi would be the best player in any league in the world

Bert Le Clos

i know a few Motherwell fans thru work, and they say hes hit a purple patch , but prior to this point he has been nothing special, all said he has a terrible first touch on the ball, can often appear disinterested, the fact hes 27 yrs old now, has played at Norwich, St Mirren Raith Rovers Dundee and Wycombe without really setting the heather on fire kinda tells me we shouldnt get too carried away, id take him as a back up to Kyle, but as a first choice striker no thanks.

He's scored 50 goals in the SPL. I'm sure I heard on the radio that he's only the 6th or 8th player to do so.

To have scored 50 goals for the likes of St Mirren and Motherwell who until last season were perennial relegation candidates is not to be scoffed at. He is exactly the type of player we should be looking at.

This has been discussed before on here.

I'm sure the Under-23 rule doesn't apply if the player hasn't spent time in the club's youth system e.g. was signed from elsewhere as a first-team player.

Rooney is a product of someone else's youth system - not ICT's.

winston churchill

he looks quicker and far more mobile than KK.

KK,sutton,elliott,rooney would do for me.

Bert Le Clos

he looks quicker and far more mobile than KK.

KK,sutton,elliott,rooney would do for me.

I would be delighted with that.

In terms of variety and quality, that would be as strong a set of strikers as Hearts have had in recent times.

Never read it myself, but a mate says he read somewhere that Sutton would prefer a move down south.

Unless one of the OF get interested, I think we stand a very good chance.

Can't see either of the OF being interested.

I'd definitely take him.

And not as a back-up for Kyle.

He seems more mobile and has a bit more football in him than big Kev as well as having the physical presence.

I've said this before. We would be daft not to try - Sutton and Kyle up front together would have the opposition defence shitting it.

Vlad-Stupid

I think he will be with us next season. No doubt Aberdeen and Hibs will give him some token interest but then moan that we can double their wage offer :smuggy:

I think he will be with us next season. No doubt Aberdeen and Hibs will give him some token interest but then moan that we can double their wage offer :smuggy:

Correct.

:verysmug:

John lives in the west end and his missus is looking at opening a shop in the weeg, strong ties up here now and as I said before told me he would love to sign for HMFC.

Archived