Musselburgh Athletic in Junior Cup Final

jack D and coke

jack D and coke

Just found out Musselburgh Athletic have reached their first ever Junior Cup final! Beat Dalry 2-1 on aggregate and will face either Auchinleck Talbot or Boness UTD!

Superb stuff congratulations lads :thumbsup:

Hearts Heritage

Not strictly true Musselburgh bruntonians won it in the 1920s they became Musselburgh Athletic later.

Just found out Musselburgh Athletic have reached their first ever Junior Cup final! Beat Dalry 2-1 on aggregate and will face either Auchinleck Talbot or Boness UTD!

Superb stuff congratulations lads :thumbsup:

superb news born and bred in the burgh (whitecraig really) deffo will go to final where ever its played, even better as i now stay 2 miles from the auchenlech (thank god),

just remember talbot supporters are easy to spot, they usually have a yellow and black scarf around there necks, thus hiding the tide marks and there knuckles scrape the ground while walking :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Disser Pointon

Final is 29th may

Believe its gonna be Rugby Park, hardly neutral is it, just round the corner for the Ayrshire bams!!!???

well done to the boys

watched there 1st leg tie should have scored a few more

should be big support going thru for the final against the west coast scum

maltese jambo

well done to the boys

watched there 1st leg tie should have scored a few more

should be big support going thru for the final against the west coast scum

Think Livi would be a fair venue for all...but i would immagine if anything authorities will favour the west team.

Was a bit nerve racking at times the game but 'Burgh did enough in the end.

Anyone interested in transport to the final, Musselburgh scarves, hats & other merchandise PM me

Rugby Park has been confirmed but MAFC Facebook page is urging folk to email the SJFA to ask why. Outrageous decision though hardly surprising. I recall Ormiston having to go there to play Cumnock!!!

Is it a bit of a scandal i reckon. It's 5 miles from Auchinleck! Ive emailed and if anybody else fancies doing it here's the contact details....

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/sjfa/contact_scottish_fa.cfm?page=1698

its 15 miles, but far to close should have been played at livis stadium, to here the knuckle scraping knock supporters through here, well the ones who can string 2 words together, they have won the cup already and are planning the parties already, they play scumnock the next 2 saturdays, so heres hoping the get humped both games,

CMON THE BURGH STUFF IT UP THEM

Punks No Deid

Is it a bit of a scandal i reckon. It's 5 miles from Auchinleck! Ive emailed and if anybody else fancies doing it here's the contact details....

Sent email asking why award Auchinleck what is in effect a "home" tie. Why not Motherwell, Airdrie or Livi? Noticeable that SJFA are like their big pals in the SFA and don't even try to hide their west coast bias

The Treasurer

Sent email asking why award Auchinleck what is in effect a "home" tie. Why not Motherwell, Airdrie or Livi? Noticeable that SJFA are like their big pals in the SFA and don't even try to hide their west coast bias

It just proves that Scottish football is rotten to the core.

As it's a national final why is it not being played at that magnificent "showpiece" stadium that is Hampden Park

John Montgomery

If it is of any use to anyone I have sent an e mail to the SJFA with the following text. It shows distances and times as per Transport Direct. I did not quote Livingston as it is nearer Musselburgh than Auchinleck and feel it might defeat the argument:

I am wrtiting to complain about the venue for the Scottish Junior Cup. Rugby Park as I am sure you will be aware is only a 29 minute car drive from Auchinleck compared to one hours thirty five minutes (at least) from Musselburgh. Both times were taken from Transport Direct and were to arrive at Rugby Park at 3pm on 29th May. In addition the distance is 13.9 miles from Auchinleck and 77 miles from Musselburgh. I urge you to consider changing the venue to a more central location (eg Hamilton or Motherwell).

The Treasurer

If it is of any use to anyone I have sent an e mail to the SJFA with the following text. It shows distances and times as per Transport Direct. I did not quote Livingston as it is nearer Musselburgh than Auchinleck and feel it might defeat the argument:

I am wrtiting to complain about the venue for the Scottish Junior Cup. Rugby Park as I am sure you will be aware is only a 29 minute car drive from Auchinleck compared to one hours thirty five minutes (at least) from Musselburgh. Both times were taken from Transport Direct and were to arrive at Rugby Park at 3pm on 29th May. In addition the distance is 13.9 miles from Auchinleck and 77 miles from Musselburgh. I urge you to consider changing the venue to a more central location (eg Hamilton or Motherwell).

Your e-mail was well reasoned until you suggested Hamilton as a suitable venue !!!

It just proves that Scottish football is rotten to the core.

As it's a national final why is it not being played at that magnificent "showpiece" stadium that is Hampden Park

I am in total agreement that Scottish Football is rooten to the core!!

The reason that it`s not being played at Ham-dung is the SFA want ?30K yes ?30K to rent out that shithole!!!

The Treasurer

I am in total agreement that Scottish Football is rooten to the core!!

The reason that it`s not being played at Ham-dung is the SFA want ?30K yes ?30K to rent out that shithole!!!

Yet another reason for all these different bodies claiming to "run" Scottish football to come under one association.

John Montgomery

Your e-mail was well reasoned until you suggested Hamilton as a suitable venue !!!

OK maybe I should have said location instead of venue but I am not necessarily judging the actual grounds it is up to the SJFA to do thast.

Cairneyhill Jambo

anyone know if the junior cup is getting any TV coverage? Highlights or otherwise?

Last years was shown live on BBC Alba

Last years was shown live on BBC Alba

its being played at rugby park on the 29th of May and it is on BBC Alba

Mon the Burgh!!

As an aside. Musselburgh Windsor U13's are playing Huchie Vale in a cup final this sunday at Olive Bank at 11am.....

polwarthjambo

As an aside. Musselburgh Windsor U13's are playing Huchie Vale in a cup final this sunday at Olive Bank at 11am.....

that's a disgrace - olivebank is only 0 miles away from musselburgh but about 10 away from ford's road, i've got an e-mail composed to sepp blatter as i speak.

jack D and coke

Ex Hearts striker Mathu King regularly bangs them in for the Burgh.

Mon the Mussy!

Not a bad player at all either. He's been playing 2nd fiddle to the boy Renton up front recently when as far as i can see he's far an away the better player. An excellent target man that wins pretty much every ball he goes for. I hope he starts in the final.

When was the decision made to take this game to Rugby Park?

I was listening to Real Radio (forgive me, I don't find "Beyond the SPL" interesting in the slightest) and someone e-mailed in asking their opinion on the choice of venue. Roughie (the resident Junior "expert") said that it would have been decided months ago and that was it swept right under the carpet. I believe that to be a lot of nonsense as I only heard on Tuesday morning that it was on Auchinleck's doorstep, in comparison to Musselburgh at least. I definitely read Musselburgh's manager being quoted as saying if Bo'ness and Musslburgh reached the final he was hoping for Tynecastle.

As usual it's football run by the west, FOR the west and, again as per usual, Real Radio didn't even want to know when an east coast listener had a valid point for debate!!!

I was listening to Real Radio (forgive me, I don't find "Beyond the SPL" interesting in the slightest) and someone e-mailed in asking their opinion on the choice of venue. Roughie (the resident Junior "expert") said that it would have been decided months ago and that was it swept right under the carpet. I believe that to be a lot of nonsense as I only heard on Tuesday morning that it was on Auchinleck's doorstep, in comparison to Musselburgh at least. I definitely read Musselburgh's manager being quoted as saying if Bo'ness and Musslburgh reached the final he was hoping for Tynecastle.

As usual it's football run by the west, FOR the west and, again as per usual, Real Radio didn't even want to know when an east coast listener had a valid point for debate!!!

Not that long back Gee,according to McGlynn the SJFC wanted it to be played at Livingston but it was booked and Rugby park was the only alternative,Musselburgh were kept informed at every stage and didn't make any complaints,he said it could work out better as there will be loads of supporters out that way will go just to hopefully see Auchin getting beat.

Not that long back Gee,according to McGlynn the SJFC wanted it to be played at Livingston but it was booked and Rugby park was the only alternative,Musselburgh were kept informed at every stage and didn't make any complaints,he said it could work out better as there will be loads of supporters out that way will go just to hopefully see Auchin getting beat.

Fair enough. Surprised Rugby Park was considered the ONLY alternative. No ground in Glasgow, Lanarkshire or even Stirling or Cumbernauld? I'd like to go but no sure I can be arsed trekking through there to see it when it's on BBC Alba.

Fair enough. Surprised Rugby Park was considered the ONLY alternative. No ground in Glasgow, Lanarkshire or even Stirling or Cumbernauld? I'd like to go but no sure I can be arsed trekking through there to see it when it's on BBC Alba.

I was ear wigging into a conversation whilst standing in a queue with Jackie Mcnamara senior and a Muss player on the friday before the game and he was saying that it was between Livi or Killi they didn't know then for some reason,but certainly the Muss board were well informed by the SJFC after the semi.

Your not alone in not going most of the guys who were in the ship said the same,pity really.

I was ear wigging into a conversation whilst standing in a queue with Jackie Mcnamara senior and a Muss player on the friday before the game and he was saying that it was between Livi or Killi they didn't know then for some reason,but certainly the Muss board were well informed by the SJFC after the semi.

Your not alone in not going most of the guys who were in the ship said the same,pity really.

I've got a feeling I'll be a bit tender for a bus journey to Kilmarnock after watching the CL Final. I've invited masel to a day/night oot!!! :whistling:

roughie is a fud!....................thats all

Have you had a reply yet?

I've got a feeling I'll be a bit tender for a bus journey to Kilmarnock after watching the CL Final. I've invited masel to a day/night oot!!! :whistling:

Oh aye forgot about that,better set your recorder just in-case.

jack D and coke

What's the projected attendance?

Reckon we'll take a few thousand so must be in the region of 10,000 i would've thought.

Reckon we'll take a few thousand so must be in the region of 10,000 i would've thought.

there is a cup final on Sunday at olivebank go along and watch muselburgh get horsed i will be there ho ho ho

That'll be the CL final that's being played in London England, probably between a team from Manchester England and a team from Barcelona Spain.

Emails sent yet? :whistling:

Carl Spackler

I was thinking of Broadwood but that only takes 8000.

maltese jambo

'Burgh need all the support they can get in the final so lets not use petty excuses not to make the journey.

We should be used to blatent bias towards west clubs as Hearts supporters & this is no different.

Ship not the only one organising travel, the club officials are willing to help and can be easily contacted by PM or on website.

Club is targeting 5,000 so lets make it happen on this special occasion

jack D and coke

I was thinking of Broadwood but that only takes 8000.

Broadwood would've been an excellent choice i reckon as would've Livngston's ground. Both would've almost certainly been full but i've spoken to plenty people from prestonpans and tranent who are going through so 5000 isn't maybe all that optimistic after all.

I don't think we'll do it Talbot are 7-1 on and Ath are 4-1 so the odds are very much stacked against us but it's a one off and you never know. Musselburgh will be bouncing if we can pull it off.

MUSSEYBOY

Hi Guys and Girls

Anyone wanting to Support Musselburgh on the biggest day in their history can travel with the clubs supporters buses.

As well as the local pubs/clubs/schools buses the club are putting on Buses 6 are full so dont delay

Seats are a tenner return and includes a smashing buffet on Return and we are currently working on a meal/buffet in Killie

Please if you and or your friends are interested then why not come along

Website is www.musselburghathletic.com

Book your seats on the Offical Supporters Buses by phoning/texting 07743927878

Thanks

McGlynn was a cracking player for Linlithgow Rose when I used to go and watch them. If my memory is not playing tricks on me, the Rose deployed him as a midfielder but at Musselburgh he scored every week as a striker.

Did he not play for Bo'ness at some stage :angry:

Archived