Chris Hoy - Jambo Genius

Ford Prentice

Ford Prentice

Congratulations to the brilliant Chris Hoy. Just became world individual sprint track cycling champion. He's now been world champ in all four sprint disciplines and is arguably the greatest track cyclist of all time.

Also a great guy, proud Scot and best of all solid Jambo (has even made the half time draw).

Well done. Always good to see Jambos (otherwise known as the best kind of people in the world) succeeding in life.

Bindy Badgy

My old man is a keen amatuer cyclist (he does 24 hour races and all sorts of stupid events) so I've had the cycling on the TV for the past few hours:o

chester copperpot

Chris Hoy has been Scotland's best sportsman over the past 2 decades since Alan Wells IMO.

Well done Chris, you did us all proud.

Are you sure he's a Jambo?I know he made a half time draw, but I thought he said he was a Rangers fan on that occasion.

Congratulations to the brilliant Chris Hoy. Just became world individual sprint track cycling champion. He's now been world champ in all four sprint disciplines and is arguably the greatest track cyclist of all time.

Also a great guy, proud Scot and best of all solid Jambo (has even made the half time draw).

Carl Weathers
Are you sure he's a Jambo?I know he made a half time draw, but I thought he said he was a Rangers fan on that occasion.

From 'the beat'

Chris Hoy explains why his passion for Hearts has helped his Olympic dreams be realised!

Unfortunately I don't subscribe!

:confused:

Well done to Chris on an outstanding performance for Scotland and the British team.

I'd like to think Hearts will recognise his achievement in some way other than making a half time draw.

marshallschunkychicken

He was a year or two above me at school IIRC.

Good lad from what I remember.

Chris Hoy has been Scotland's best sportsman over the past 2 decades since Alan Wells IMO.

Well done Chris, you did us all proud.

I couldn't agree more. He also comes over as a very nice bloke.

When I was a kid back in the Fifties one of my heroes was a guy called Reg Harris. He was the last British cyclist to win the Track Sprint World Championship back in 1953 or '54.

Chris Hoy is the first rider to win world titles in track cycling's four speed events - the kilometre, team sprint, keirin and sprint.

For him to have made the switch from the individual Kilometre event, which is run against the clock, to the tactically extremely difficult sprint event in such a short space of time and to win the world championship is nothing short of phenomenal.

Scotland should honour this man. I hope he becomes an inspiration to every kid in the country.

It is a disgrace that his home city does not have an enclosed velodrome.

Ford Prentice

Think the confusion arose because he wore his British team trackie - i.e. red, white & blue. Some who didn't know who he was (shame) thought he had on rangers colours.

He's 100% Jambo.

Ford Prentice

It is a disgrace that his home city does not have an enclosed velodrome.

Couldn't agree more. Had hoped the new administration might go for it but given the fiinancial mess they inherited and with Glasgow building one for the commonwealth games it's probably not on.

Hoy must be honoured though - knighthood at least.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Think the confusion arose because he wore his British team trackie - i.e. red, white & blue. Some who didn't know who he was (shame) thought he had on rangers colours.

He's 100% Jambo.

British Trackie? I expect to see some edit their posts of congratulations then.

:P

TyphoonJambo

Arise Sir Chris Hoy, lord of Gorgie and all surrounding lands, got a ring to it. Well done great achievement!!

Ford Prentice
British Trackie? I expect to see some edit their posts of congratulations then.

:P

assume this is a cryptic dig at nats; don't know what Chris's politics are but a man prouder to represent Scotland (eg at the commonwealth games when the Scottish cyclists cuffed England and all others) you'll be hard pressed to find.

Archived