Romanov Saved Hearts

stephanepaille

Fozzyonthefence
So you thimk that playing in front of less than a thousand in the East of Scotland Seniors League would be less embarrassing than than playing in front of 16000 at home games in the SPL ?

You lot that that go on about Hearts starting up again in another form really dont have a clue. Do you really think that Hearts could regain their current standing in the Scottish game by starting afresh ? I suspect most of the folk who support this nonsense would be the first to find other interests on match days.

Maybe we would at least get the soul back, that so many fans are complaining we've lost. The fan base would still be there so maybe it would depend on where we were able to play.

Airdrie didn't start up again in the non-leagues & they are pretty much back to the level & fan base they were accustomed to. Granted they were lucky in that Clydebank folded at the same time & the new Airdrie took their place.

Auld Reekin'
Plain and simple !!

The man came in and kept us at Tynecastle when it looked like there would be flats being built on were we all sit today.

He more or less brought the Scottish cup to Tynecastle...we can all argue till were blue in the teeth whether or not the title would have ended up here, i would say personally the title would have still gone elsewere but we maybe would have ran Celtic close.

He has submitted plans for a new stand at our home....and Yes a planning application has been submitted although some people still doubt this for some reason which i cant think of.

The big thing for me though is that in one season...we as Hearts fans were spoilt and thought we were bigger than we are...yes we are Scotland third biggest team but challenging for titles is way off....a good cup run will do me evry season and in the three years he has been here he has brought silverware.......not bad considering the amount of trophies that have came to us in the past.....apart fro 98 not many.

So before we all go bashing the guy ask yourself this....Were would we be without him ??? Do we want a club to follow cos if he pulls the plug we may not have one ???

OR if you know a multi multi millionaire who wants to come forward and help...get in touch with him ASAP.

Aye... keep taking the tablets, Stephane!!!

:thumb::fam13::cool_shades::whistling:

Doctor FinnBarr

:107years:

I know where we would be without Romanov, 37 million in dept but at Muddyfield, at least we are still at Tynie, ok I am not happy how this season has went, with the countless comedy of errors that has come from Tynecastle but for what I know Romanov has finally learned from this, yes it has took him a along time.

Where 37 Million in dept, but mind we where 20 million in dept with Robertson, so that's 17 million more that's is a lot better than I thought it would be, if it is true that monies from the sale of Gordon will be shown in the accounts next season things seem to be improving.

Changes will happen mainly all postives, this was always a long term project, at the save Our Hearts meetings we where to judge him after 5 years, I will personnaly judge Romanov after season 2008/2009.

Success came to quick at the time and and yes major mistakes where made during that time, but come on, no one else came in at the time, so in a nut shell , yes he did save us, but at the same time his stubborn ways he want's to run things has never helped.

I am renewing my season ticket, still proud to be a Jambo, I personally still back him.

Feck me, Robbo scored plenty goals but never put us in that much debt. Fud!

Suspect Device
I'm not a Vlad fan, but the figures for the Murrayfield plan were not as good as the spin CPR put on them. The sum due from Cala was dependant on the number of flats they were allowed to build, it came in instalments and the first instalment would have been paid around 2 years after the sale took place. Meanwhile we'd have been playing at Murrayfield with reduced attendances and interest on the debt still racking up.

not to mention the rental cost of Muddyfield.

so that would have been 2 years interest payments to HBoS and 2 years rent of MF, with average crowds of, lets be generous 12,000.

then an instalment of cash, which would have payed a bit of the debt off.

another period (2 years ?) of interest and rent, crowds now down to say 10,000

and so on.

would we have ever paid off the debt ? been bust more likely !

Romanov has done loads wrong, and I don't blindly follow, but for anyone to think that we would have been better of without him is kidding themselves on .

davemclaren

I hate to say it ( as I did think otherwise a wee while back :mw_rolleyes: ) but perhaps renting Murrayfield, even with all the enhanced corporate opportunities, isn't as profitable as it's made out to be and our Euro ties didn't deliver the forecast revenue.

The accounts may highlight that.

not to mention the rental cost of Muddyfield.

so that would have been 2 years interest payments to HBoS and 2 years rent of MF, with average crowds of, lets be generous 12,000.

then an instalment of cash, which would have payed a bit of the debt off.

another period (2 years ?) of interest and rent, crowds now down to say 10,000

and so on.

would we have ever paid off the debt ? been bust more likely !

Romanov has done loads wrong, and I don't blindly follow, but for anyone to think that we would have been better of without him is kidding themselves on .

Add to that the cost of keeping the old ground 'safe and secure' for however long it was going to take CALA's bulldozers to come in and then the 'site clearance' fee that HMFC were liable for as well.

MacDonald Jardine
So you thimk that playing in front of less than a thousand in the East of Scotland Seniors League would be less embarrassing than than playing in front of 16000 at home games in the SPL ?

You lot that that go on about Hearts starting up again in another form really dont have a clue. Do you really think that Hearts could regain their current standing in the Scottish game by starting afresh ? I suspect most of the folk who support this nonsense would be the first to find other interests on match days.

Top post.

People who think things are bad now won't watch an at best semi pro team struggle in the lower leagues.

If you want a club to reflect the "soul" you find missing away and start one and see how many want to watch.

Some class elements to the OP

like "He more or less brought the Scottish cup to Tynecastle..."

No, he didnt more or less....he did.

And "blue in the teeth" ....eh?

Blue in the face yes? but teeth?

Great stuff.

say the same about CPR?

The thing is, mate, the state of the club now is completely down to his actions. He has the power to do whatever he wants with this club and his invidious antics have just left a bitter, bitter taste in many folks' mouths.

You just get the feeling that he's loving this and doing it all on purpose and when you're dealing with people's livelihood that's just not acceptable.

For what reason he's doing this, we'll never know, but he's driven away some good, good Jambos.

OK, it's all possible but what would be his motivation to do any / all of that?

There doesn't have to be any malice, malevolance or motivation for it. There doesn't have to be a dastardly plot.

It can happen due to mismanagement, despite the best of intentions. Both the football side and the business side of the business have clearly been mismanaged in 2005-07. Who is to say that both things won't continue?

Add the complication of Heart's potential share and responsibility for a mis-timed property development ...

Archived