Romanov Saved Hearts

stephanepaille

stephanepaille

Plain and simple !!

The man came in and kept us at Tynecastle when it looked like there would be flats being built on were we all sit today.

He more or less brought the Scottish cup to Tynecastle...we can all argue till were blue in the teeth whether or not the title would have ended up here, i would say personally the title would have still gone elsewere but we maybe would have ran Celtic close.

He has submitted plans for a new stand at our home....and Yes a planning application has been submitted although some people still doubt this for some reason which i cant think of.

The big thing for me though is that in one season...we as Hearts fans were spoilt and thought we were bigger than we are...yes we are Scotland third biggest team but challenging for titles is way off....a good cup run will do me evry season and in the three years he has been here he has brought silverware.......not bad considering the amount of trophies that have came to us in the past.....apart fro 98 not many.

So before we all go bashing the guy ask yourself this....Were would we be without him ??? Do we want a club to follow cos if he pulls the plug we may not have one ???

OR if you know a multi multi millionaire who wants to come forward and help...get in touch with him ASAP.

Drylaw Hearts

Because he 'saved us' it doesn't give him the right to pull down my pants and smack my arse whilst dipping my pocket for ?450.

Because he 'saved us' it doesn't give him the right to pull down my pants and smack my arse whilst dipping my pocket for ?450.

Does that normally cost extra like? :P

stephanepaille

How has he skelped your erese for ?450 mate ???

Did your season ticket come with a garuntee that we would be good this season.

Ill need to check the small print on mine then.

Why don't you move somewhere cheaper then?

interesting post but why promise so much and deliver so little if you can honestly justify anything that has happened to hearts in the last then please enlighten

He did save us. He did bring us the cup and our first 2nd place finish in 15 years.

But the man has been destroying the soul and spirit of every single fan since that time.

I getting agitated with amount of negativity on this site and in the stands as well, but I understand where it is coming from.

Drylaw Hearts
Why don't you move somewhere cheaper then?

I've been in the same seat for over 10 years and as much as I don't like what I'm watching I enjoy where I watch it from.

:confused:

Do you know where hell is

I agree with the start of the post in that romanov saved us but i have to take issue with the rest.

If you're skint, desperate and unable to get a loan from the bank you may have to turn to a loan shark, who will in turn give you the money. That doesnt mean that the guy is your saviour and that you should be forever gratefull to him as he is doing it for his own ends and to make a profit out of your misery.

Vlad scoured scotland for clubs that were in financial hardship for a reason, he never did it because he is a charity worker. People are angry at him and rightly so as he has made so many basic and obvious mistakes that we are in this position soley because of him. If he had been able to stay out of the team affairs i honestly believe we would have had success regarding the league.

Some may argue that you cannot say that, as the best example is...whisper it...1986, the dark year when we lost it all on the final day. Given that senario it is perfectly plausable that even if burley had stayed on we would not have won the league but i think we were good enough and had taken them all by surprise.

If vlad can manage the club sensibly then we still have a chance of getting our act together, but, if he is going to continue on this path of destrcution then we really are in the sh*t as we will end up with a stadium that is costing millions, dire team and minimal support.

If we finish in the bottom six i wonder how many of the teams round about us will be getting charged nearly ?400 a season ticket? We pay the third highest prices in the league yet watch some of the worst football on offer. If we finish third or higer then yes i expect to pay more but for the dire stuff on offer i think it is a p*ss take.

Loyal isnt spelt stupid.

I've been in the same seat for over 10 years and as much as I don't like what I'm watching I enjoy where I watch it from.

:confused:

Ah I see.

You complain about the price of your seat, when offered a cheaper one elsewhere?

Makes sense to me.

Drylaw Hearts
Ah I see.

You complain about the price of your seat, when offered a cheaper one elsewhere?

Makes sense to me.

You don't see.

I wasn't complaining about the price of my seat - I was complaing about having the pi sh ripped out of me whilst forking out for the pleasure of doing so.

I would have the same complaint if I was in a cheaper seat.

When Vlad tried to take over the other clubs in Scotland he told them that he wanted to put his lithuanian players in the shop window to sell them on to the Engish or any other market for big bucks.

We must have taken him on knowing that that was what he would do.

The 1st season was a bonus because George Burley brought in better players than the Lithuanians he was told he was getting.

Once that ended we had nobody else to stop the influx of more and more average Lithuanians and as we had been spoilt with the initial success the unrest has followed

Velicka has proved to be the only one who was worth anything worthwhile but only because of the goals he scored as he was an average footballer.

Hopefully Vlad has realised this now and has accepted he has to change his plans or things will go from bad to worse.

I think tomorrow could be a shock to him if we play as bad as last week.

The Real Maroonblood
Plain and simple !!

The man came in and kept us at Tynecastle when it looked like there would be flats being built on were we all sit today.

He more or less brought the Scottish cup to Tynecastle...we can all argue till were blue in the teeth whether or not the title would have ended up here, i would say personally the title would have still gone elsewere but we maybe would have ran Celtic close.

He has submitted plans for a new stand at our home....and Yes a planning application has been submitted although some people still doubt this for some reason which i cant think of.

The big thing for me though is that in one season...we as Hearts fans were spoilt and thought we were bigger than we are...yes we are Scotland third biggest team but challenging for titles is way off....a good cup run will do me evry season and in the three years he has been here he has brought silverware.......not bad considering the amount of trophies that have came to us in the past.....apart fro 98 not many.

So before we all go bashing the guy ask yourself this....Were would we be without him ??? Do we want a club to follow cos if he pulls the plug we may not have one ???

OR if you know a multi multi millionaire who wants to come forward and help...get in touch with him ASAP.

Let's give "The Puppet Master" an honorary knighthood.

:sad:

J.T.F.Robertson

I don't think that's what he's suggesting.

Maybe more along the lines of, "before we jump out of this particular frying pan, let's first try to be sure we're not exchanging it for an incinerator".

Dr. Bapswent

Some class elements to the OP

like "He more or less brought the Scottish cup to Tynecastle..."

No, he didnt more or less....he did.

And "blue in the teeth" ....eh?

Blue in the face yes? but teeth?

Great stuff.

When Vlad tried to take over the other clubs in Scotland he told them that he wanted to put his lithuanian players in the shop window to sell them on to the Engish or any other market for big bucks.

That coupled with the fact that the clubs were in debt and that debt would be transfered the same way it was with us, thus creating an interest payment and happy shreholders for ubig.

That coupled with the fact that the clubs were in debt and that debt would be transfered the same way it was with us' date=' thus creating an interest payment and happy shreholders for ubig.[/quote']

Remind me what the alternative at the time was?

People talk of VR as if it is not possible that he leaves Hearts in a similar or perhaps even worse state than the Pieman ... we have not seen the VR endgame.

It is still conceivable that VR leaves Hearts without a ground to play at. It is still conceivable that he will drive Hearts into liquidation. 'Saving' Hearts followed by destroying Hearts by mismanagement still looks very possible to me.

People talk of VR as if it is not possible that he leaves Hearts in a similar or perhaps even worse state than the Pieman ... we have not seen the VR endgame.

It is still conceivable that VR leaves Hearts without a ground to play at. It is still conceivable that he will drive Hearts into liquidation. 'Saving' Hearts followed by destroying Hearts by mismanagement still looks very possible to me.

OK, it's all possible but what would be his motivation to do any / all of that?

davemclaren

That coupled with the fact that the clubs were in debt and that debt would be transfered the same way it was with us' date=' thus creating an interest payment and happy shreholders for ubig.[/quote']

As UBIG are charging us less than market rate and they had to pay for the money to lend us I don't see that this argument holds any water at all. :mw_rolleyes:

Equally conceivable that the stand gets built, the business plan works and Hearts go from strength to strength.

Fozzyonthefence

So we should all be eternally gratefully that he gave us the best Christmas present ever and promised even better things to come, then slowly dismantled it in front of our eyes and left us with less than we had to start with? A team that it is far worse than what we had in Pieman's last year?

Hearts may or may not have had to sell Tynie if Vlad hadn't taken over. They may have gone bust without him but there is arguably an ever better chance of going bust with him - you don't know and I don't know.

If we go bust I don't doubt that HMFC will start up again in another less embarrassing form than the one we are currently in. If you want to keep sucking up to Vlad in case we go bust, that's up to you but I won't.

So we should all be eternally gratefully that he gave us the best Christmas present ever and promised even better things to come, then slowly dismantled it in front of our eyes and left us with less than we had to start with? A team that it is far worse than what we had in Pieman's last year?

Hearts may or may not have had to sell Tynie if Vlad hadn't taken over. They may have gone bust without him but there is arguably an ever better chance of going bust with him - you don't know and I don't know.

If we go bust I don't doubt that HMFC will start up again in another less embarrassing form than the one we are currently in. If you want to keep sucking up to Vlad in case we go bust, that's up to you but I won't.

No ifs, buts or maybes about that one. If Lord Foulkes hadn't fought for a 3 month 'stay of execution' on the CALA homes deal, VR would not have come in and Tynecastle would be bulldozed right now.

Nucky Thompson

If we go bust I don't doubt that HMFC will start up again in another less embarrassing form than the one we are currently in.

What a load of pish:cool: That statement is embarrassing:o

loveofthegame

So that makes everything hes doing now ok?

For the Scottish Cup i say thank you, for the worrying financial results hes come over to cover up, i say 'what now?'

bobsajambo1

I know where we would be without Romanov, 37 million in dept but at Muddyfield, at least we are still at Tynie, ok I am not happy how this season has went, with the countless comedy of errors that has come from Tynecastle but for what I know Romanov has finally learned from this, yes it has took him a along time.

Where 37 Million in dept, but mind we where 20 million in dept with Robertson, so that's 17 million more that's is a lot better than I thought it would be, if it is true that monies from the sale of Gordon will be shown in the accounts next season things seem to be improving.

Changes will happen mainly all postives, this was always a long term project, at the save Our Hearts meetings we where to judge him after 5 years, I will personnaly judge Romanov after season 2008/2009.

Success came to quick at the time and and yes major mistakes where made during that time, but come on, no one else came in at the time, so in a nut shell , yes he did save us, but at the same time his stubborn ways he want's to run things has never helped.

I am renewing my season ticket, still proud to be a Jambo, I personally still back him.

So that makes everything hes doing now ok?

For the Scottish Cup i say thank you, for the worrying financial results hes come over to cover up, i say 'what now?'

How can something that is in the public domain be covered up?

i thought we were 22m in debt bobsajambowhen romanov came in,according to talk 107 our debt will be announced at 36.2m,so in my reckoning we are roughly 14m worse off,

craig gordons 9m fee still to be taken into account along with possibly 2m for bednar,so its not as bad as some people would like you to believe,i think romanov gambled with the big wages hopeing to get into the champion league

it backfired,as he didnt understand the power of the old firm.he has made mistakes,and plenty of them,but with the movement of a few player out the door the signs are encouraging,that maybe lessons have been learned.

loveofthegame
How can something that is in the public domain be covered up?

Whats in the public domain, the fact turnover is up?!

i thought we were 22m in debt bobsajambowhen romanov came in,according to talk 107 our debt will be announced at 36.2m,so in my reckoning we are roughly 14m worse off,

craig gordons 9m fee still to be taken into account along with possibly 2m for bednar,so its not as bad as some people would like you to believe,i think romanov gambled with the big wages hopeing to get into the champion league

it backfired,as he didnt understand the power of the old firm.he has made mistakes,and plenty of them,but with the movement of a few player out the door the signs are encouraging,that maybe lessons have been learned.

Personally, I think the start of the 05-06 season should that with strong financial backing and a good manager in place we could easily compete on the pitch with the Old Firm. Sadly, for whatever reason, we could not maintain that. I believe that if we still had Burley, or any other decent manager, in place combined with a squad as strong as we had then, we could quite easily be challenging for our third league title in a row.

The standard of the SPL is currently dreadful. A team filled with mediocre Scotsmen has a very real chance of winning the treble this season. A team of Skacels, Jankausases, Fysasses and Bednars could easily win this league. That quality of player is what Romanov gave us almost three years ago.

Now we are seventh in the league, and our strikeforce consists of Calum Elliot and Jamie Mole. Christophe Berra is our captain.

We can easily rise again to the heights of two years ago, if Romanov's mood changes in that direction again.

Whats in the public domain, the fact turnover is up?!

Turning that question on its head, what is it that he is covering up?

Fozzyonthefence
What a load of pish:cool: That statement is embarrassing:o

Not as embarrassing as your post. Thanks for the well thought out out argument.

Why? What's embarrassing about it? You don't think Hearts would reform after going bust? If Airdrie could do it surley we could. Explain please.

remember a season like 05/06 wouldnt have happened under the pieman, that said he built us up and if he wishes could destroy us as easily

Fozzyonthefence
I know where we would be without Romanov, 37 million in dept but at Muddyfield, at least we are still at Tynie, ok I am not happy how this season has went, with the countless comedy of errors that has come from Tynecastle but for what I know Romanov has finally learned from this, yes it has took him a along time.

Where 37 Million in dept, but mind we where 20 million in dept with Robertson, so that's 17 million more that's is a lot better than I thought it would be, if it is true that monies from the sale of Gordon will be shown in the accounts next season things seem to be improving.

Changes will happen mainly all postives, this was always a long term project, at the save Our Hearts meetings we where to judge him after 5 years, I will personnaly judge Romanov after season 2008/2009.

Success came to quick at the time and and yes major mistakes where made during that time, but come on, no one else came in at the time, so in a nut shell , yes he did save us, but at the same time his stubborn ways he want's to run things has never helped.

I am renewing my season ticket, still proud to be a Jambo, I personally still back him.

How could we have been ?37m in debt if we had sold Tynie & moved to Murrayfield?! The sale of Tynie (which I think was going to be around ?22-23m) would have wiped out the debt we had at the time.

The reason we are now ?37m (I mean the increase from what it was) in debt is down to the mis-management by Vlad. Remember, it took a long time for us to get to ?20m in debt or whatever it was - Vlad has managed to add another ?15m or so on to that in only 2 years. Good job Vlad - I hope you don't run all your other business interests like this.

peebo,i agree that the standards not that great,the point i was trying to put across was that the old firm seem to have the power to unsettle almost all the scottish based players,and it suits both rangers and celtic,that they weaken all the other teams,hartley,pressley,killen,riordan,robson,thomson,

broadfoot,gow,boyd,naismith,the list goes on,i dont think romanov understood the pull they have,they have done it for years,and will continue with this policy.

peebo,i agree that the standards not that great,the point i was trying to put across was that the old firm seem to have the power to unsettle almost all the scottish based players,and it suits both rangers and celtic,that they weaken all the other teams,hartley,pressley,killen,riordan,robson,thomson,

broadfoot,gow,boyd,naismith,the list goes on,i dont think romanov understood the pull they have,they have done it for years,and will continue with this policy.

Yeah, I totally agree with that.

However, the team I refer to was great as it was filled with players like Fysass and Jankauskas who have won some of the most coveted trophies in the game - they had no interest in the parochial crap that poisons our game. If we were paying them enough and we were successful, then they wouldn't hanker after a move to their Old Firm that all the Scottish players seem to.

The brief success we had kept the likes of Pressley, Hartley and Gordon more than satisified. It was only after all the off-field Vlad inspired crap started to wreck the club that they ended up moving to the Fields of Dream in Glasgow or the Premiership.

loveofthegame
Turning that question on its head, what is it that he is covering up?

Good question. I shudder to think

lost in leith

We're still spending a fortune on duds like Pinilla and Nade. While Larry is a class act, he's injury prone and over the piece has been poor value for money. No Europe this season means that income will have dropped significantly, so I guess the Gordon fee (?8m so far, not ?9m) only really covers our losses, and might give a slight profit. No Europe next season doesn't help either.

Realistically we should be aiming to be halving the staff costs reported for this year. I'm hoping the ?12.49m figure will turn out to include exceptional costs for settling contracts for the likes of Rix, Anderton, Pressley and, possibly, Burley.

Not as embarrassing as your post. Thanks for the well thought out out argument.

Why? What's embarrassing about it? You don't think Hearts would reform after going bust? If Airdrie could do it surley we could. Explain please.

I suspect he was referring to the 'less embarrassing' part of your original statement. That's the part I thought was a bit weird too....

Hearts could quite possibly reform, but how exactly would you envisage that happening? Without any money, how exactly would we sustain a club at premier league level? You're off your rocker if you think that we'd be doing anything other than floating around in the lower leagues - and not just for a few seasons either.

As for being less embarrassing, while the behaviour of the owners might cause a little concern every once in a while...quite frankly, I couldn't give two hoots how that behaviour reflects on me or the football club I choose to support. My support isn't conditional upon whether or not it makes me seem foolish. I'm not willing to gamble the existence of the club based on what my or anyone else's ego might prefer - and it really shocks me to think that any Jambo would.

totally agree peebo if we had kept that side and they all pulled their weight we would have steamrolled the old firm,if romanov had left that side alone, we might have won more than one trophy pal.

lost in leith
How could we have been ?37m in debt if we had sold Tynie & moved to Murrayfield?! The sale of Tynie (which I think was going to be around ?22-23m) would have wiped out the debt we had at the time.

The reason we are now ?37m (I mean the increase from what it was) in debt is down to the mis-management by Vlad. Remember, it took a long time for us to get to ?20m in debt or whatever it was - Vlad has managed to add another ?15m or so on to that in only 2 years. Good job Vlad - I hope you don't run all your other business interests like this.

I'm not a Vlad fan, but the figures for the Murrayfield plan were not as good as the spin CPR put on them. The sum due from Cala was dependant on the number of flats they were allowed to build, it came in instalments and the first instalment would have been paid around 2 years after the sale took place. Meanwhile we'd have been playing at Murrayfield with reduced attendances and interest on the debt still racking up.

So you thimk that playing in front of less than a thousand in the East of Scotland Seniors League would be less embarrassing than than playing in front of 16000 at home games in the SPL ?

You lot that that go on about Hearts starting up again in another form really dont have a clue. Do you really think that Hearts could regain their current standing in the Scottish game by starting afresh ? I suspect most of the folk who support this nonsense would be the first to find other interests on match days.

scott herbertson
Yes it does.

A lot more.

:)

well, we've established the principle, now we're just haggling about the price.

?600?

Cappuccino Kid
totally agree peebo if we had kept that side and they all pulled their weight we would have steamrolled the old firm,if romanov had left that side alone, we might have won more than one trophy pal.

funnily enough Rix said before Christmas he did not think the team was fit enough to compete to the end of the season as so many did not have a proper preseason under their belt.

So despite our great start i think we would have chased Celtic closer but i have my doubts if we had gone on to win the title.

Also remember the many iffy decisions against us by officials, even toward the end of Burley's time in charge and tell me we would have been allowed to upset the OF aapple cart.

davemclaren
funnily enough Rix said before Christmas he did not think the team was fit enough to compete to the end of the season as so many did not have a proper preseason under their belt.

So despite our great start i think we would have chased Celtic closer but i have my doubts if we had gone on to win the title.

Also remember the many iffy decisions against us by officials, even toward the end of Burley's time in charge and tell me we would have been allowed to upset the OF aapple cart.

Rix was likely looking for an excuse. I accept we would have had to strengthen but 2 or 3 good buys at Xmas ( instead of a team of mainly mediocre players ) and who knows? Sadly, we won't ever.... :confused:

You lot that that go on about Hearts starting up again in another form really dont have a clue. Do you really think that Hearts could regain their current standing in the Scottish game by starting afresh ? I suspect most of the folk who support this nonsense would be the first to find other interests on match days.

Post of the month! :thumbs_up:

Plain and simple !!

reading your post reminded me of a man who was in service in the early 1900's. a man who bowed to his master at every chance he had to show he was so lucky to have a job licking his superiors boots.

yes stepdanepalle you make me boak. the word crawler comes to mind and if you had any pride in yourself and the hearts you'd never write one of the most pathetic posts i have ever read.

Archived