Under 19's

Getintaethem

Getintaethem

A dissapointing, if not surprising, result up at Inverness today as Celtic hammered ICT 5-1. This leaves Celtic five points clear with two matches to play.

To win the league we need to beat Rangers on Friday and then hope Motherwell can beat Celtic on Saturday. This would set us up nicely for a title decider on the last day of the season against Celtic (away).

Unfortunatly it's out of our hands now but we can only hope that Motherwell can do us a favour and beat Celtic to keep us in with a chance.

Good luck lads.

Footballfirst

A dissapointing, if not surprising, result up at Inverness today as Celtic hammered ICT 5-1. This leaves Celtic five points clear with two matches to play.

To win the league we need to beat Rangers on Friday and then hope Motherwell can beat Celtic on Saturday. This would set us up nicely for a title decider on the last day of the season against Celtic (away).

Unfortunatly it's out of our hands now but we can only hope that Motherwell can do us a favour and beat Celtic to keep us in with a chance.

Good luck lads.

I can't see it happening. I saw Motherwell lose to Hibs last week and I can't really see Celtic failing to win at Bathgate on Saturday. The only thing in Hearts favour is that Celtic and Rangers play the Youth Cup final next Wednesday, There is every chance that Rangers will play a weaker team on Friday, given that they can no longer win the league, but Hearts can only hope that Celtic have their eyes on the final rather than the game against Motherwell.

If Celtic do go on to win the cup, I can see them putting out a younger side against Hearts in their final game on 30th April. They did that last season and beat us comfortably 2-0, although to be fair there was nothing at stake for either side..

Getintaethem

We can only hope FF.

No matter what the outcome a very good season from the youngsters.

A shame that we've another year of being runners up.

Didn't our 19's finish 2nd last season too?

Say What Again
Didn't our 19's finish 2nd last season too?

The year before I think.

I'm sure the 19s had a poor season in the league last year.

Charlie-Brown

It's obviously a nice reward for the boys and people and coaching staff involved to win a medal or get a trophy etc but ultimately it doesn't mean anything of great importance - the end goal of all youth football is to progress to the next level and ultimately first team level and for those few good enough international level. How many of these boys who go onto to make the step up will be a greater indicator of success than who wins a medal this season.

Getintaethem

It's obviously a nice reward for the boys and people and coaching staff involved to win a medal or get a trophy etc but ultimately it doesn't mean anything of great importance - the end goal of all youth football is to progress to the next level and ultimately first team level and for those few good enough international level. How many of these boys who go onto to make the step up will be a greater indicator of success than who wins a medal this season.

Would agree with you Charlie. It's a real plus though that we are competative with the OF at this level, bodes well for the future.

Would I be right in saying that quite a few of the squad are eligible to play u19's again next year?

Charlie-Brown

Would agree with you Charlie. It's a real plus though that we are competative with the OF at this level, bodes well for the future.

Would I be right in saying that quite a few of the squad are eligible to play u19's again next year?

I think at least half the team are still eligible for another season at U19 - Scott Robinson and Denis Prychynenko are definitely too old though.

Footballfirst

The ones in their last season are: Conor Fairley, Jamie McCormack, Colin Hamilton, Shaun Hill, Jordan Morton, Denis Prychynenko, Scott Robinson and the two Lithuanians who have already gone..

That leaves Fraser Mullen, Kevin McHattie, Murray Christie, Aaron Murdoch, Brad McKay, Chris Kane, Chris Tobin, Jamie Walker, Jason Holt, Dave Smith, Ryan Stewart, Dale OHara going into their last season. There are also at least four from the U17s to be added, Jack Hamilton, Callum Paterson, Billy King and Michael Thomson. There will probably be more U17s offered full time contracts but I don't know who they will be at this time.

We will probably need to bring in another goalkeeper, a centre back and a centre forward.

Charlie-Brown

The ones in their last season are: Conor Fairley, Jamie McCormack, Colin Hamilton, Shaun Hill, Jordan Morton, Denis Prychynenko, Scott Robinson and the two Lithuanians who have already gone..

That leaves Fraser Mullen, Kevin McHattie, Murray Christie, Aaron Murdoch, Brad McKay, Chris Kane, Chris Tobin, Jamie Walker, Jason Holt, Dave Smith, Ryan Stewart, Dale OHara going into their last season. There are also at least four from the U17s to be added, Jack Hamilton, Callum Paterson, Billy King and Michael Thomson. There will probably be more U17s offered full time contracts but I don't know who they will be at this time.

We will probably need to bring in another goalkeeper, a centre back and a centre forward.

Scott Campbell (Alex McLeish :)) must be about School leaving age and ready to go full time FF?

Footballfirst

Scott Campbell (Alex McLeish :)) must be about School leaving age and ready to go full time FF?

He is, but hasn't always been at his best this season for the U17s. (has been subbed on occasions)

I think Ogleby will be too old as well. Do you think we'll look to send him out on loan, or do you think he's good enough to fight for a place?

Footballfirst

I think Ogleby will be too old as well. Do you think we'll look to send him out on loan, or do you think he's good enough to fight for a place?

Sorry ... I missed him. He does have another year's contract as a senior pro though. I think a loan would probably be my first choice to give himself a chance to prove himself at a lower level.

jamboinglasgow

sorry to sound a bit out of the loop but is Michael Thomson a new signing, if so which position and where from.

Footballfirst

sorry to sound a bit out of the loop but is Michael Thomson a new signing, if so which position and where from.

Yes - just signed him from Hamilton. Plays centre midfield and is left footed. He's of similar stature as Jamie Walker but apparently has good technique. He's not eligible to play SPL U19s until next season but can play as a trialist with the U17s.

jamboinglasgow

Yes - just signed him from Hamilton. Plays centre midfield and is left footed. He's of similar stature as Jamie Walker but apparently has good technique. He's not eligible to play SPL U19s until next season but can play as a trialist with the U17s.

cool thanks. I noticed in his interview on the Hearts website, John Murray mentioned they had already signed a couple of players for next season, obviously Thomson is one, do you know who else has signed.

Getintaethem

Cheers for that FF, I know that we have been looking at a centre half from Cowdenbeath with a view to possibly signing him in the summer.

I seem to recall we signed a young guy from Raith a few weeks back - was he not a keeper?

There's a boy I know of, who has played for Scotland and I think was the U18s captain this year. His name's Dale and he's a striker, I've seen him play and he looks extremely talented. Can you shed any light on him FF?

Footballfirst

I seem to recall we signed a young guy from Raith a few weeks back - was he not a keeper?

The keeper in question was Jordan Miller, but he is still eligible at U15 level this season, so it's a bit early for him. I've only seen him play for 30 mins for the U17s thus far. He looks the part physically at least and is clearly one for the future.

Keepers are notoriously difficult to recruit and develop over a number of years. e.g. a 12 year old at 5' 9" who looks the part, may still be 5' 9" at age 17 and therefore too short to have a future in the game at the top level. On the other hand you could end up with someone who grows 6" between 15 and 17 who could fit the bill.

Footballfirst

There's a boy I know of, who has played for Scotland and I think was the U18s captain this year. His name's Dale and he's a striker, I've seen him play and he looks extremely talented. Can you shed any light on him FF?

I'm unaware of any strilker called Dale who has played for Scotland this season. Scotland don't play U18 these days. It's either U17 or U19 unless its a school or amateur youth team .

We have a Dale Carrick (Speedy) who does play striker with the U17s. He was in the Scotland Victory Shield (U16) squad last season. I think that "Speedy" has a decent chance of being in the U19 squad next season. He is the U17s captain but missed a couple of months because of injury. I'm guessing this is the Dale you are talking about.

Hearts also have a Dale O'Hara who has played for Scotland in the past. He is U18 this season but plays left midfield and has been out on loan to Tynecastle this season.

I hope to do another interview with Darren Murray for the HYDC website once the season is over so I would hope to find out more then.

The keeper in question was Jordan Miller, but he is still eligible at U15 level this season, so it's a bit early for him. I've only seen him play for 30 mins for the U17s thus far. He looks the part physically at least and is clearly one for the future.

Keepers are notoriously difficult to recruit and develop over a number of years. e.g. a 12 year old at 5' 9" who looks the part, may still be 5' 9" at age 17 and therefore too short to have a future in the game at the top level. On the other hand you could end up with someone who grows 6" between 15 and 17 who could fit the bill.

Ah thanks for clearing that one up, knew I had read it somewhere but wasn't sure what age the lad was.

Yeah I seem to recall there were doubts over Craig Gordon's future with Hearts at one point as he was quite small but thankfully he had a growth spurt and got to keep goal for his and our club.

Always enjoy reading your reports FF,who was the young lad we signed from Tynecastle Hearts last summer and what are youre views on him?

I'm unaware of any strilker called Dale who has played for Scotland this season. Scotland don't play U18 these days. It's either U17 or U19 unless its a school or amateur youth team .

We have a Dale Carrick (Speedy) who does play striker with the U17s. He was in the Scotland Victory Shield (U16) squad last season. I think that "Speedy" has a decent chance of being in the U19 squad next season. He is the U17s captain but missed a couple of months because of injury. I'm guessing this is the Dale you are talking about.

Hearts also have a Dale O'Hara who has played for Scotland in the past. He is U18 this season but plays left midfield and has been out on loan to Tynecastle this season.

I hope to do another interview with Darren Murray for the HYDC website once the season is over so I would hope to find out more then.

Dale Carrick, that's the one. I can see where 'speedy' came from he's lightning quick, didn't realise he's only U17 looks a very good prospect.

Footballfirst

Always enjoy reading your reports FF,who was the young lad we signed from Tynecastle Hearts last summer and what are youre views on him?

It's Callum Paterson. He mainly played for the U17s this season wide right, but has scored a load of goals for them. He has generally been a sub with the U19s and has scored twice in the league for them.

He is tall for a winger, pacy, good in the air and not afraid to shoot with either foot. He still has some areas of his game to improve upon which he can do over the next couple of seasons, but he has certainly been one of the finds of the season.

It's Callum Paterson. He mainly played for the U17s this season wide right, but has scored a load of goals for them. He has generally been a sub with the U19s and has scored twice in the league for them.

He is tall for a winger, pacy, good in the air and not afraid to shoot with either foot. He still has some areas of his game to improve upon which he can do over the next couple of seasons, but he has certainly been one of the finds of the season.

Thank for the info FF,my mate coached him for 2 or 3 years at Tynecastle Hearts and has high hopes for him.The team he coached saw 11 players signing pro contracts.

the u-19s have done really well this season.i havent heard much about the defenders in the team but have noticed they have done not to badly in that department.i know its still early in there carers yet and the more games and experience they get the more they should develop.do we have any up and coming first team players coming in that department???any young up and coming craig levins. etc.i would be thankfull for any feedback.

Footballfirst

the u-19s have done really well this season.i havent heard much about the defenders in the team but have noticed they have done not to badly in that department.i know its still early in there carers yet and the more games and experience they get the more they should develop.do we have any up and coming first team players coming in that department???any young up and coming craig levins. etc.i would be thankfull for any feedback.

The regular centre backs, Jamie McCormack and Colin Hamilton, are in their last year and I don't know if they will be kept on. Both are tall and strong in the air, Jamie is probably better going forward and Colin perhaps the better defender, though I'm no coach. Colin has played with the reserves in a few bounce games though.

The regular full backs, Fraser Mullen and Kevin McHattie have another season at U19. They are good going forward but are still learning defensively. Fraser has good delivery and takes most of the corners and free kicks from wide out. They have both scored good goals for the U19s this season. Kevin is a bit taller and is good in the air.

Alternative defenders for next season are CBs Aaron Murdoch (out with ligament damage until the end of the year) and Brad McKay who has done well on loan with Penicuik. Murray Christie is another full back in the same mould as the other two and has also been out on loan this season.

I don't know who if anyone will be brought through from the U17s, but CBs Scott Campbell and Jordan Brown are in their last year with the U17s. The regular U17 FBs have another year at that level.

The regular centre backs, Jamie McCormack and Colin Hamilton, are in their last year and I don't know if they will be kept on. Both are tall and strong in the air, Jamie is probably better going forward and Colin perhaps the better defender, though I'm no coach. Colin has played with the reserves in a few bounce games though.

The regular full backs, Fraser Mullen and Kevin McHattie have another season at U19. They are good going forward but are still learning defensively. Fraser has good delivery and takes most of the corners and free kicks from wide out. They have both scored good goals for the U19s this season. Kevin is a bit taller and is good in the air.

Alternative defenders for next season are CBs Aaron Murdoch (out with ligament damage until the end of the year) and Brad McKay who has done well on loan with Penicuik. Murray Christie is another full back in the same mould as the other two and has also been out on loan this season.

I don't know who if anyone will be brought through from the U17s, but CBs Scott Campbell and Jordan Brown are in their last year with the U17s. The regular U17 FBs have another year at that level.

ive heard that jamie mccormack was doing quite well.i also heard he had a good football brain and can hit some cleaver through balls to the forwards at times.does his contract finish in the summer? he is still only 19 so hopefully he will get a bit more time.ithought he was a central or right midfielder.anyway good luck to him.

ive heard that jamie mccormack was doing quite well.i also heard he had a good football brain and can hit some cleaver through balls to the forwards at times.does his contract finish in the summer? he is still only 19 so hopefully he will get a bit more time.ithought he was a central or right midfielder.anyway good luck to him.

To be fair to Jamie & Colin, they aren't ready for first team yet but I'd like to think they'll get a chance & possibly on loan next season

2 major problems

-no reserve leagues means no natural progression

-players like Dylan McGowan & Balatoni ahead of them so realistically they'll be in same position as those 2 but behind them

Walter Bishop

Hi Jamie McCormack, welcome to JKB. :thumbsup:

J.T.F.Robertson

Who else is going tomorrow?

I may head up. Is it a confirmed one 'oclock K.O?

Charlie-Brown

Or one o'clock, even. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

anybody had any news or updates? I read elsewhere that if Celts beat Motherwell today they clinch the U19 title.

Getintaethem

anybody had any news or updates? I read elsewhere that if Celts beat Motherwell today they clinch the U19 title.

If we fail to win today they win the league.

Celtic play tomorrow, if they win they win the league. (A draw would probably be good enough as they have a far better goal differance).

If we win and they lose it goes down to the final game where we would have to beat them.

They are five ahead and both teams have two to play including todays game.

Vlad-Stupid

Both Denis Prychnenko and Chris Kane have had to go off with knocks.

Denis could still bang one in from back in the treatment room

:verysmug:

Charlie-Brown

Full time 1-0

Well that guarantees Hearts will be at least 2nd this season, hopefully now Celtic will stumble in their last 2 matches although sadly i can't see it. Would be good for our boys to beat them in the final game next week whatever the outcome. :)

Archived