Rangers Takeover

Deevers

Now classed as very unlikely to happen according to SSN.

I wonder what will happen if they lose the next two games against Dundee United and Celtic. Will they rush into administration?

Could be an interesting week!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what will happen if they lose the next two games against Dundee United and Celtic. Will they rush into administration?

:yas:

:pleasing:

Nothing on sky sports website?

Was watching the Qpr game but now on to SSN. So I'll say when I've seen anything. (Not discrediting the OP)

Gigolo-Aunt

The Daily Record spin machine will be getting turned up a notch in the next few days.

"The only problem was Sir David Murray refused to sell as he wanted guarantees that major investment on the playing side would be forthcoming"

Benny Factor

The Daily Record spin machine will be getting turned up a notch in the next few days.

"The only problem was Sir David Murray refused to sell as he wanted guarantees that major investment on the playing side would be forthcoming"

The propaganda coming out of that paper over the last few months has been nothing short of scandalous.

Murray has more pets in the media with their heads up his ring than i ever thought before.

Charlie-Brown

Rangers were due to be in tribunal with HMRC today - I wonder if it was a lot better or worse for them than they expected?

Rangers were due to be in tribunal with HMRC today - I wonder if it was a lot better or worse for them than they expected?

Please please please be true! :woot:

Only a Game

Am I correct i thinking that if they go into administration before the end of the season, they'll be deducted enough points for us to leapfrog them ( assuming we dont fall much further behind that is)

Am I correct i thinking that if they go into administration before the end of the season, they'll be deducted enough points for us to leapfrog them ( assuming we dont fall much further behind that is)

Dundee were deducted 25 points for going into admin.

Livingston were relegated to the 3rd division.

They make it up as they go along.

Rangers will probably get a ticking off and an interest free loan to keep them going.

I heard it was only a 10 pointer in the SPL.

maybe it's 10 for the old firm and far more for anyone else.

heartsfc_fan

Just so long as they beat Dundee Utd tomorrow evening :unsure:

Other then that:

Ha%2Bha%2B2.jpg

Benny Factor

Am I correct i thinking that if they go into administration before the end of the season, they'll bte deducted enough points for us to leapfrog them ( assuming we dont fall much further behind that is)

Won't affect us unless we're within 10 points of them.

Benny Factor

I heard it was only a 10 pointer in the SPL.

maybe it's 10 for the old firm and far more for anyone else.

Definately 10, JP.... Gretna were hit with that penalty in 2008 but it didn't really matter then.

Drylaw Hearts

IIRC....

Gretna were only deducted 10 points when they went into administration.

Definately 10, JP.... Gretna were hit with that penalty in 2008 but it didn't really matter then.

they are doomed :thumbsup:

if it ever did happen they would probably start raving about how they were being singled out and that there are other teams in the SPL going into administration and they aren't being punished.

jamboinglasgow

Well I wonder if it will be as classic as the chairman of Rangers Johnstone either last week or the week before coming out with "the reason why there has been a delay is that er...Whyte has decided he wants to give more money to McCoist in the summer." Of course he does...

Even if Whyte does buy them over, the deal not being sorted in the summer is not bad news for Rangers fans. They are coming to the end of the season, 4 players (Diouf, Bartley, Weiss and Foster) loans end, a number of players contracts end (Papac, Weir, Healey, Kerkar, Little) Bougherra is going to leave (and Rangers may only get ?600k) Rangers may need to cash in on Whittaker, Davis are going into the last year of their contract. If Rangers were to lose all those players in the summer (which is possible and McGregor who I think they will cash in on) then they will only have a first team squad of 14.

Rangers need season tickets but to keep delaying will need Rangers fans to take a leap of faith.

Only a Game

Won't affect us unless we're within 10 points of them.

So it would be better for all concerned and especially us, if they didnt go into administration ( if thats the way this is going) until the end of the season, which would force them to start next season with a 10 point deduction ?

Benny Factor

if it ever did happen they would probably start raving about how they were being singled out and that there are other teams in the SPL going into administration and they aren't being punished.

I think the plan all along has been to hold out as long as possible... i.e. wait until it's mathematically impossible to catch Celtic, so that they take the 10 point deduction this season, instead of starting next season minus 10.

Benny Factor

So it would be better for all concerned and especially us, if they didnt go into administration ( if thats the way this is going) until the end of the season, which would force them to start next season with a 10 point deduction ?

I would say so. Imagine the psychological boost from knowing you already have 10 points on them before a ball is kicked.

Dave Spacey

Am I right in thinking that they won't be allowed to play in Europe if they enter administration?

With all the new living within your means regulations.

The Comedian

Haha, quite the resemblence to Mr B'stard.

Bad times for der hun, and yet no flak for Murray.

Charlie-Brown

IF Rangers went into administration this season then they'd be deducted 10 points unless it could be proved they deliberately timed this to avoid a penalty next season (konowing Scottish football it's dubious whether this charge would stick albeit clubs in England have fallen foul on these grounds) , Rangers COULD avoid any points penalty IF they went into and came out of administration in between the 2011 season ending and the 2012 season beginning - unlikely but possible if they were able to plan well enough in advance(?)

Dean Winchester

Everyone on this thread seems to be jumping to the conclusion that it's down to their finances.

According to the BBC it's down to the Rangers board stalling the takeover. Quite perplexed as to why but there you go.

Scottish businessman Craig Whyte's proposed takeover of Rangers appears to have hit a serious snag.

Whyte wanted to close the deal to buy Sir David Murray's majority shareholding of the club on Monday.

But the Whyte camp claims certain members of the Rangers board want to delay that until the end of the season.

And the board, who have always stressed they are acting solely in the interests of the club, are perplexed at this being made public.

A source close to Whyte told BBC Scotland: "Mr Whyte is in a position to complete the deal right now.

"Everything is set to go, but some members of the independent committee for some reason want to delay completion until after the end of the season.

"The reality is there is a very short period of time left for this deal to complete."

The independent committee was set up to examine the credentials of potential buyers and includes the club chairman, Alastair Johnston and chief executive Martin Bain, as well as John McClelland, Donald McIntyre and former player and manager John Greig.

While it has no power to broker or scupper any deal, Whyte does not wish to take over a club with a hostile board.

If he were to conclude a takeover, he would install his own board.

However, BBC Scotland understands he does not want to spend time on the process required to remove a hostile board.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13124145.stm

Still... Hope their finances are indeed fecked. :thumbsup:

davemclaren

I can't see Rangers going into administration...at least bot until the tax issue comes to a head. :thumbsup:

Potentially no Europe, or closed doors games

Potentially massive tax bill

Potential in administration

Potential points deduction

Would you buy the place?

Everyone on this thread seems to be jumping to the conclusion that it's down to their finances.

According to the BBC it's down to the Rangers board stalling the takeover. Quite perplexed as to why but there you go.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13124145.stm

Still... Hope their finances are indeed fecked. :thumbsup:

Maybe it's just wishful thinking but i cant imagine that its for any good reason. Either whyte's finances dont hold water or whyte has cold feet and has agreed to go along with this snag to keep stringing the punters along till they've signed up to season ticket holders. There's no way this is a good thing for rangers.

Which is a very good thing.

colinmaroon

Dundee were deducted 25 points for going into admin.

Livingston were relegated to the 3rd division.

They make it up as they go along.

Rangers will probably get a ticking off and an interest free loan to keep them going.

Rankers will be fined ?2,500 and warned about future conduct!

Was it not May they were due to be in this? :unsure:

Footballfirst

Was it not May they were due to be in this? :unsure:

The tribunal is expected to last around 3 weeks, with the outcome not expected to be known until July or August.

The tribunal is expected to last around 3 weeks, with the outcome not expected to be known until July or August.

I believe that either side will then have the right to appeal the outcome, and, assuming they do, that a final decision is unlikely before November.

Coburg Hearts

Thats a bummer. I so wanted it to work out for them. :whistling:

Liar liar, pants on fire. :lol:

Too many nay sayers on here.

The Daily Record told me that the deal will be done by Friday.

Again.

For the eighth time.

Craig Whyte's bid to buy Rangers on verge of collapse as Ibrox directors seek to delay deal

Daily Record reports that the directors are now looking to have a vote on it at the end of the season....

Whyte: So here's the deal... I'm not buying. I cannae afford it and you are in more trouble than you've made out.

Bain: OK... Time for the emergency pants.

Whyte: Look - why don't you make up a story that the board want to discuss and vote on things, I'll get a press release out saying I'm unhappy and walking away.

Bain: Deal!

Whyte: Aye... well it's the only one you've done in months ya big baldy heid!

:woot:

rossthejambo

:lol:

Great news, I await a mass exodus from the club and Whyte walking away leaving Rangers with no money, a multi-million pound tax bill and an owner who hasn't a pot to piss in.

Great times.

"....Craig Whyte, whose ?25million bid has been accepted by Lloyds...."

Surely if this was the case then the sale would be done by now. Do Lloyds not pull the strings.

This board thing is a smoke screen.

initial murmurings in today's papers about administration being looked at as a possibility by 'certain parties' looking to get the club sold on the cheap. the eh.....'independent' panel comprising of johnstone, bain, greig and a couple of others are said to be 'looking at an alternative plan'.

for me it's a real possibility that the current rangers board are thinking about administration.

You know, I know, theres not a cats chance in hell of them going into administration............................................... but there again we live in hope :thumbsup:

Archived